• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the 3ds was good move although it would be interesting if they did have maybe more exculisve features maybe in characters it would've been even more interesting though i'm fine how this is turning into be
Nah. It would suck if there were exclusive characters.

Exclusive modes and stages I'm fine with, but it would suck if it had exclusive characters.

Plus, the whole customization thing pretty much makes it inviable for exclusive characters, considering you can transfer customized characters between versions.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The Mad Doctor

Sehnsucht sat in his study, carefully arranging his many manilla folders. Each one had a name scrawled on it and a lock of hair from said person...TeenGirlSquad, MorbidAltruism, MisterVideoGaming, Swampasaur...

He thumbed past twenty or so before reaching a folder slightly more worn than the others. On it a few spots of blood from months before. Quilt.
"Ah, yes, my son." moaned Sehnsucht. "This takes me back."

--

In a candlelit bedroom of the Smaesh family mansion lay Capps and CliffJumper, caught in the afterglow of what they had just done. Capps was a known womanizer and made it a point to sleep with as many of the girls in the manor as possible.
"Never speak of this to anyone, you got that?" Caps finally let out in between breaths.
"Of course. Those stuck up maids here don't know what they're missing though, Capps-sempai." whispered CliffJumper, pausing for a few minutes before breaking the silence. "Say. What do you know of that Dr. Sehnsucht fellow that lives in the tower? Lately I have been hearing shrill screams from that direction."

Capps turned his head towards CliffJumper, giving her a dark look. "Listen, *****. You are nothing more than a distraction for me. I have very important projects I'm working on concerning the upcoming release of Headmaster Samurai's work. I don't have time to entertain the gossip you and the maids spread around this manor. Besides, I wouldn't want to see a lady like you involved with those maids and butlers...they're trouble."

Embarrassed, CliffJumper turned away. "Yes, master. I apologize..."

CliffJumper was almost asleep when Capps spoke. "The doctor has experiments up there. That's all I know."
A sleepless night it was for poor CliffJumper.

--

"Fetch me some tea and see that the cats are attended to," ordered Miss Ismar. "I prefer they get the premium food today, by the way." They butlers and maids shuddered inwardly but without hesitation immediately departed from the dining hall to see her wishes were met.
"and, Swampasaur, dear? I never want to see you skimp on the cat's meals again. You know what happens to disobedient butlers." Swampasaur had a chill run through him at memories of The Real Gamer's short time as a butler. As they said around the manor, 'he went to **** and the cats ate 'em.'
It was days like this that Miss Ismar was the most temperamental. She did not like to see butlers or maids sacrificed but knew it had to be done, both for the good of the cats and to keep the keepers of the mansion in line. The Real Gamer had tried to quit the job. A foolish decision, really; it was sure to get you dismissed from life itself.

A particularly grubby butler named Venus made his way to Miss Ismar and served her her tea. "Here you go, Miss." A stalwart butler to be sure, but Miss Ismar didn't like him for some reason. His mastery of other tongues made him seem a snake to her. She was never sure what he was saying and the foreign documents he pored over for his acquaintances frightened her. Venus relished in the feeding of the cats much like the sneaky maids, N3ON and Hong did.

Sadistic by nature, Hong and N3ON loved throwing the inhabitants of Smaesh manor under the metaphorical bus more than life itself. Their father had been Duke Aerodrome and their mother, Duchess Shaya. Together their combination was that of a top class butler renowned for his ability to reform troublesome inhabitants and an oracle that could in an instant judge a situation. Shaya also made beauty a priority and was not seen in public unless offering her questionable beauty tips to commoners.

As Miss Ismar brought the tea to her lips a scream from the tower split the cool nighttime air. The disturbance echoed off the stone walls, colliding with excited yelling from the hallway two stories down until they faded away.
"A report...and potential excessive merriment." muttered Ismar. "FalKoopa, come here." FalKoopa tripped on himself as he sprinted over to Miss Ismar, kneeling before her.
"...Go."

--

"Ahaha! Truly, we live in blessed times!" A joyous ToasterBrains declared to the dinner table he was situated at. Tonight was the celebration of not just a wedding, but a birth and an engagement.
The newlyweds, Vegito and Mega Bidoof looked at each other fondly. Mega Bidoof curled a loving arm around his wife's waist.
ToasterBrains spoke up again. "Not only do we get to celebrate the wedding of two of our good friends, but just last night..."

"P-Please! Not so loud..." Kaye Cruiser spoke out, interrupting ToasterBrains.
"What the hell's the matter, you ain't proud of confessing your love to MorbidAltruism?" ToasterBrains was testing Kaye.

"She may not like it." said Kaye, clearly flustered.

Unanimously, the table said, "MorbidAltruism likes everything!"

ToasterBrains continued. "Ahahahaha! Anyway, Kaye and Morbid are now engaged. As for my own news, I have something to announce." ToasterBrains looked on to his own wife, Kermit the Ninja. She nodded in encouragement.
"After trying repeatedly...for months!" Kermit playfully elbowed ToasterBrains.
"She's pregnant!" The table cheered and TewnLeenk continued his applause and merriment for a few awkward seconds after everyone else. He had clearly had too much to drink.

There was some nervous looking around and ToasterBrains said in a hushed tone, "I swear I heard a scream while we were cheering there." Whispers grew into chaos. Moments later the butlers raced through the dining room and captured MorbidAltruism, Kermit, and Mega Bidoof, taking them for further questioning and excessive merriment. Their lovers cried...sometimes people never returned from questioning.

--

Sehnsucht secured the belts and bungee cords around the nude Backgammon, who was unconscious and under the effects of some drug.
"This won't take long at all, now."

On a series of tables were HunterNinjaReaperPirate the 98th, the entirety of The Light Music Club, and Nielicus strapped in in a similar fashion. The Light Music Club fantasized about perverted situations in their slumber.
A knock on the door interrupted the proceedings.

Sehnsucht straightened his back and cleared his throat.
"Erhm. Quilt, my son?"
"Yes, father."
"You will have to leave for now. Father is...busy." Sehnsucht walked over to a knight stand where his scimitar lay.
"It is urgent, father. I am concerned that when you do this, you will excite the butlers."
"It is no concern. I have only a couple steps until even the butlers can not reverse these events, my son. As bad as this must look right now, I only wish to steal their souls and make love to their corpses."
"Father, let me in."
"That is not possible, my son. I have swallowed the key. Tell me, Quilt, my son...tell me, how is your mother...?"

There was silence.

"Father, please..."

"That is right, my son. You have no mother. You were created by me. You best remember that, my son. Sehnsucht slowly paced over to the door and slid open the peep hole ever so slightly. Quilt waited until he saw the eye of his creator and stabbed in blind rage.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH" wailed Sehnsucht. "You...! Are...a fool!"
A bloodied Sehnsucht flailed around on the floor. The prisoners rose from their slumber and began panicking at their situation, save The Light Music Club which whispered among themselves how this was just like their Japanese animes.

As Quilt heard the butlers beginning to race up the cobblestone steps he held the knife to his chest. "They will kill me. It is better to die like this!"

--

Sehnsucht heard Quilt draw his last breaths. Smiling, he reached his fingers down his throat and made himself vomit out oatmeal and a key. He opened the door and dragged the lifeless Quilt into the frame of the door, planted the key into his hand and switched his knife for his own scimitar.
With one hand over his bad eye he made his way over to the screaming girls.
"Shut up or I kill you all." He waited until they calmed down.
"If you're asked what has happened here...you, by will, are my ... partners. We were just playing a game when this psycho came in and tried to kill me. It was self defense, ok?
10/10 would read again
First, @FalKoopa's avatar doesn't have a scarf on, and that isn't Duon. What's next, @ Frostwraith Frostwraith 's avatar is NOT a guy with a zebra hair disorder?
wat

Soul.

I honestly think a sprite-based smash bros would've been really cool. But that's just me. I really like (miss) sprites.
Oh, you think so? That's okay, I'm sure everyone else misses sprites too.
I think users would say that the DS has limited controller options. Like, how would you taunt, for example?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Status update on my Social Thread Crack Fic.

I have the plot mapped out. I just need to slot the remaining names on the user list into their proper place. I've already started writing the thing. I may end up serializing it across three or four posts, for pacing's sake.

It'll be posted when it's ready. And when it is, I hope you'll have brought enough tissues for your orifices.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Then why wasn't it funny?
there was a joke?
fix'd
If I could sing online, I would. Good thing we have hyperlinks.

That's normally me, too. Kill la Kill is one of the few instances where I listened to the OST first before watching the anime. And then I watched the anime. I was not disappoint.
that's very interesting i've never heard this one have you heard of this version of Before my body is dry? http://youtu.be/38xgU9nPsPY

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I think users would say that the DS has limited controller options. Like, how would you taunt, for example?
tap the screen or have taunts on the lower screen

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you're right. I just like the idea itself.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I am in favor of a thread full of Ndayday's member stories...unless there already is one somewhere in the abyss...I've read two so far and have thoroughly enjoyed them :laugh:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
there was a joke?
fix'd

that's very interesting i've never heard this one have you heard of this version of Before my body is dry? http://youtu.be/38xgU9nPsPY
I think everyone who's watched Kill la Kill will know Before my body is dry :p (Also, nice remix.)

You probably don't remember the song I linked as it only plays in one episode. At the end of the episode where they set up the fight club and Mako fights Ryuuko.

Kill la Kill has a lot of great songs. My favorite one, funnily enough, may be Nonon's theme.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

I have the plot mapped out. I just need to slot the remaining names on the user list into their proper place. I've already started writing the thing. I may end up serializing it across three or four posts, for pacing's sake.

It'll be posted when it's ready. And when it is, I hope you'll have brought enough tissues for your orifices.
Oh man
I am in favor of a thread full of Ndayday's member stories...unless there already is one somewhere in the abyss...I've read two so far and have thoroughly enjoyed them :laugh:
Oh god your read the Composer x Xiroey one, didn't you??
...it doesn't beat Umbreon x Sasukebowser group fanfic. It spawned an emote:sasukexumbreon:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know I have shown this before,but the messages were swiping through,so no one really saw it.

By the way,I don't see this as NSFW,but I can say this contains swearing. Just a heads up.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Oh man

Oh god your read the Composer x Xiroey one, didn't you??
...it doesn't beat Umbreon x Sasukebowser group fanfic. It spawned an emote:sasukexumbreon:
Nah, the other one was the most recent one you did in the DR I believe involving Warchamp. I dunno where the others are :( Looks like I need to go on a hunt if they're still around somewhere.

ndayday

BRoomer
Nah, the other one was the most recent one you did in the DR I believe involving Warchamp. I dunno where the others are :( Looks like I need to go on a hunt if they're still around somewhere.
...I wrote that one so quickly I completely forgot about it, wow

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Do you guys think the Simpsons should end? Just a question.
Yes. Futurama ended before it got terrible (there was a decline after it was uncancelled, but it was still good even when it ended), but Simpsons needs to die.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Do you guys think the Simpsons should end? Just a question.
There's a lot of things that need to end. Spongebob, Family Guy, Call of Duty, World poverty, discrimination, war, soap operas, the list goes on.

Soul.

I'm just going to quote this since this is probably an important question.
Anyway, what do you think will happen after SpeculateBoards is transformed into CompetitiveBoards? Will members leave or will they discuss the roster after release?
Most of the users here speculate, so I would like to see what do you users have to say about CompetitiveBoards.

ndayday

BRoomer
I'm just going to quote this since this is probably an important question.

Most of the users here speculate, so I would like to see what do you users have to say about CompetitiveBoards.
If DLC characters are confirmed speculation will continue forever.
Otherwise then yeah, there are people that do nothing here but speculate and would leave, but there are plenty of people that stick around to play the game.

D

Deleted member

i've been a fan for a long time i had the first season on dvd and i have to say simpson needs to stop and Matt Groening should start anew
Welp, it's up to Fox. They're the ones who decide if it's canceled or not. But yeah I agree with you.

There's a lot of things that need to end. Spongebob, Family Guy, Call of Duty, World poverty, discrimination, war, soap operas, the list goes on.
Let's not forget Grey's Anatomy. :troll:

Soul.

If DLC characters are confirmed speculation will continue forever.
Otherwise then yeah, there are people that do nothing here but speculate and would leave, but there are plenty of people that stick around to play the game.
Oh yeah, the online multiplayer exists. Another reason why players would still come here and play.
But like you said, if DLC is confirmed, it will continue.
I won't be here, that's for sure.
Maintaining my account will be difficult enough during the Fall.
So you're not going to be here after the games are out? I guess a lot of users will miss you.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Can I be a robot toaster mech? Just curious.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey I just had a thought about why characters are no longer going to be switched like Sheik/Zelda. Normally, people seem to think it's solely due to principles like how Project M splits up PKMN trainer. The thing is, it may actually be more due to technical reasons rather than ideological ones.

I recall that there might be some sort of mechanic to smash run where slower characters get more from powerups than fast ones so that things are fair for people who, let's say, want to play as DK against someone who wants to play as Sonic.

If this mechanic is based around the faster characters receiving a lower quantity of powerups, then if a person was able to use a fast character, like Sheik or Squirtle, to get to the powerups and then switch to a slower characters, like Zelda or Charizard, they could exploit the system. This system is probably the case because at the end of matches, the amount of power-ups every person has gathered are compared in numer just like in Kirby Air Rice's City trial. Those quantities would not mean very much if the quantities were not stacked on the speed of the character.

Alternatively, if this balancing mechanic is a system where it is not the quantity of power-ups received that is effected based on your speed, but instead the extent to which those power-ups effect you, the system would be even easier to exploit because you could spend run the whole time in smash run as the faster character and then switch to the slower one, who would be much more powered up then.

A simple solution for these potential exploits would be to separate the characters, something that Smash players wouldn't really get upset over.

It also saves you from the trouble of having to work out how switching characters would even work in Smash Run. For instance, Sheik having 243 speed powerups which raises the value for her run initial velocity by 2.8, walk initial velocity by .1, walk maximum velocity by .8, run acceleration by 10, stop turn decelleration by .3, and air mobility... etc... equates to Zelda's attributes being increased by x? That kind of thing would have to be figured out for every single type of powerup too, not just speed. It couldn't be done by simple addition, otherwise every character would be the same after collecting a ton of powerups. Rather, it makes more sense that the stats are effected by the specs of the character beforehand. For instance, Charizard probably won't have the height of his jumps increased as the same amount as DK because Charizard has several jumps.

I suppose custom moves could also play into the reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom