• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would really, really like it if bosses in this series were more like Giga Bowser and Giant DK, and less like watered down imitations of Kirby enemies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like boss rushes.

Maybe there will be bosses on Smash Run? Or maybe during Classic mode besides Master Hand?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I dislike bosses in this series, but if god forbid they had to make a comeback outside of the glorified stage hazards, at least make them characters people would actually want to fight in a boss battle. In Brawl, we got...Rayquaza? Petey Piranha? We got Ridley over Mother Brain or the Queen Metroid?

We could have characters like Ganon, Andross, or Hades to fight against. I've heard speculation that Dark Pit might be one...if so, why?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The idea of boss battles is certainly interesting and makes sense, but at the same time they haven't really had a good track record of good boss representation.

Funnily, the best non-original boss was probably Ridley for being closer to how he actually attacked in the games.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The idea of boss battles is certainly interesting and makes sense, but at the same time they haven't really had a good track record of good boss representation.

Funnily, the best non-original boss was probably Ridley for being closer to how he actually attacked in the games.
Ridley fought like Dyna Blade in the Metroid series?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I meant he had things like tail attacks and flys at the character. He also has that one moment in Super Metroid where he flys towards the screen...Though now that you mention it, that is similar to Dyna Blade, but both Super Metroid and Super Star probably had the same idea.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It wasn't a perfect translation but I think it worked for Ridley well enough then other types of reusing they could have done.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
"Last week, Bandai Namco released The Idolm@ster: One For All in Japan, and the game sold 83,000 copies in its first week."

Wow, 83,000 copies? What did you d with all of them? :troll:
Hehe. I didn't buy that version, I bought Idolmaster 2 which was 66,000 I think in it's first week. (I bought it two months ago).

Perhaps... I don't think they have been released in the West, or I might have given them a try.

That doesn't stop me from listening to the songs though. They're catchy.
The only US version was on the iOS. Shiny Festa. I have Imas 2 for the PS3.

I can't wait until they get picked in RMC Thread. :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some good boss choices:
Petey Piranha - Returning from Brawl, but without the cages. Instead, he would attack with goop, alongside his jumps from Brawl. The location for this fight would be Bianco Hills from Super Mario Sunshine.
King Boo - Would only be able to be damaged whenever he was visible. Fought on Luigi's Mansion's rooftop.
King Dodongo - Bomb flowers would grow on the stage. You'd need to stuff a bomb inside his mouth to stop his rampage. Only then would your attacks damage him. Fought on Dodongo's Cavern from Ocarina of Time.
Helmaroc King - The mask would have to be broken first. Only then would your attacks cause damage. Fought on the Forsaken Fortress from Wind Waker.
Gohdan - Similar to King Dodongo, you'd need to use the bomb flowers on the stage. Hit its eyes, then stuff a bomb flower on his mouth. Its hands could also be attacked and temporarily be stopped. Fought on his room at the Tower of the Gods from Wind Waker.
Queen Gohma - Attacks would be more powerful on the eye. Gohma larvae would spawn throughout the battle. The fight's location would be inside the Deku Tree from Ocarina of Time.
Black Knight - Smaller compared to other bosses. The Black Knight is slow moving but his sword strikes are powerful. He could shoot projectiles with his sword, Alondite, as well as use Eclipse for devastating, shield breaking blows. The location of this fight would be the Tower of Guidance or Nados Castle.
Grima - You'd directly fight a possessed hooded Robin with a dark aura surrounding him/her. At the same time, the actual dragon's head would sit in the background, firing powerful projectiles from time to time. The possessed Robin would attack with dark magic and summon Risen. Fought on top of Grima's body like in Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Pandora - With Smash having 2D gameplay, Pandora would move around like she did in the original Kid Icarus game, sometimes shifting to a more normal movement like in Uprising. Her attacks would consist in shooting fireballs, spawning bombs and traps like mines or Pandora Boxes that would either spawn an item or damage the players. The background of this fight would be based on Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm watching FOP right now.

Oh, I see you out my window! Now I see you running away. Bye I guess?
Yeah I had to go. Sorry.

In other news, here's the trailer of the newest characters in Fighting Climax:

Mad Yukina is in, and Holo isn't playable. I hope they add Okami-San soon.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
this mosquito bite literally makes my arm look like it is horribly broken, what a life

Light Music Club, have you played Code of Princess

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If iDOLM@STER got a rep, not only I be extremely surprised and taken aback, they will probably be one of my favorites, due to how everyone is going to immediately scorn her and how I use Japanese music to help me learn the language and their songs are catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom