• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If iDOLM@STER got a rep, not only I be extremely surprised and taken aback, they will probably be one of my favorites, due to how everyone is going to immediately scorn her and how I use Japanese music to help me learn the language and their songs are catchy.
See your one of those people I like. I was rooting for them so hard until Pac was announced. Since Namco probably won't get two characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
See your one of those people I like. I was rooting for them so hard until Pac was announced. Since Namco probably won't get two characters.
I'm not actively rooting for them because I don't think it would be likely at all, but I'll tell you what, I didn't think WFT was either.

Anyway, guys.

I want to take a moment to spitball a theory with you all.
What if the Wario is demoted to the same level Animal Crossing was on in Brawl?

In other words, Wario-series assist trophies/stages, but no playable character. Wario would return like everyone is expecting... but as an assist trophy.

I talked about this with Jabba earlier and I can't find any contradicting information.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nope. That's the first time I've heard that name.
Just seemed like something you would know of

that and I want an excuse to play online again D:
Anyone else going through all the Pokemon OSTs 'cos of today's PotD?
That takes dedication, but here's a tier list of X/Y songs I did:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLTWPSL5YImHwLoIq7365SZ808YJ3B3CQ

(I need to do these again but it's surprisingly a lot of work. DKCTP tier list took forever)

D

Deleted member

If Smash Bros. came out on the DS instead, what would be your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's the first time in a Smash Bros. game where more than one Pokémon stage is based in an actual location of the series.

64 - Saffron City
Melee - Pokémon Stadium, Poké Floats
Brawl - Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
3DS - Prism Tower, N's Castle
Wii U - Kalos Pokémon League (so far)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of bigger enemies, did anyone, who didn't play metroid prime, thought the Parasite Queen was this awesome boss battle because of Brawl? Because I was incredibly disappointed when I found out she was really just a pathetic first boss in metroid prime. :/

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's the first time in a Smash Bros. game where more than one Pokémon stage is based in an actual location of the series.

64 - Saffron City
Melee - Pokémon Stadium, Poké Floats
Brawl - Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
3DS - Prism Tower, N's Castle
Wii U - Kalos Pokémon League (so far)
yeah it's increasing significantly high also they need bring pokefloats back.....

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Not exactly, but I did give N's Castle (Orchestrated) a listen. A few times.
Yikes, it sounds like they turned N's Castle into Ganondorf's Castle! Not a bad orchestration, though.

That takes dedication, but here's a tier list of X/Y songs I did:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLTWPSL5YImHwLoIq7365SZ808YJ3B3CQ

(I need to do these again but it's surprisingly a lot of work. DKCTP tier list took forever)
I don't think I can rank every single song in an OST. I can do a Top 10 or 20 at most.

Besides, an OST like DKCTP is nothing but good songs all around. x)

No, I'm listening to the DBZ soundtrack.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The music I usually listen to is anime music (mostly OPs and EDs), video game music and video game music remixes (mostly fan-made).

ndayday

BRoomer
I just watched the trailer. Is Laura Bailey voice of the main character? (The Blonde Princess)
Yes, apparently. Viridi/Princess Bubblegum/Bubbles is the only VO I can consistently identify so I admit I looked it up.
in any case it's an alright beat em' up, but the art is the best part obviously. pantsu zombie I mean COME ON
Speaking of bigger enemies, did anyone, who didn't play metroid prime, thought the Parasite Queen was this awesome boss battle because of Brawl? Because I was incredibly disappointed when I found out she was really just a pathetic first boss in metroid prime. :/
This is why Frigate Orpheon is a lame stage. For the way Brawl was though it works fine, I can't imagine an actual cool boss just having a background cameo

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yes, apparently. Viridi/Princess Bubblegum/Bubbles is the only VO I can consistently identify so I admit I looked it up.
in any case it's an alright beat em' up, but the art is the best part obviously. pantsu zombie I mean COME ON

This is why Frigate Orpheon is a lame stage. For the way Brawl was though it works fine, I can't imagine an actual cool boss just having a background cameo
Ok cause when I heard it, I recognized the voice immediately. I just couldn't pick out which VA it was. Then I figured it sounded more like Laura Bailey. It was a toss up between her and another voice actor from K-On.

If I run in to some extra cash and don't have a backlog, I might check it out.

Tonight guys I will be opening an Idolm@ster character support thread.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

i don't see why not for zelda or mario stages

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Ok cause when I heard it, I recognized the voice immediately. I just couldn't pick out which VA it was. Then I figured it sounded more like Laura Bailey. It was a toss up between her and another voice actor from K-On.

If I run in to some extra cash and don't have a backlog, I might check it out.

Tonight guys I will be opening an Idolm@ster character support thread.
No one will support. If someone does support it'll be one less year @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht lives.

Soul.

If Smash Bros. came out on the DS instead, what would be your thoughts?
The DS would have been "good" for Smash Bros., but it's better off being on the 3DS since it's much more powerful than its predecessor, lol.
If it was really on the DS, everything would be on sprites instead of 3D models. It really is a good thing that a handheld Smash Bros. exists. Who knows? Maybe the next Smash Bros. game could also be for the 3DS' successor.

Anyway, what do you think will happen after SpeculateBoards is transformed into CompetitiveBoards? Will members leave or will they discuss the roster after release?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Nintendo's been at it with these late at night streams lately. Next thing ya know the August Direct would be at 3:00 in the morning.
image.jpg

ndayday

BRoomer
i don't see why not for zelda or mario stages
I think just because it gets awkward to try to include the players in the action. Parasite Queen moves the stage around as does Kraid in Melee and that's about as much interaction you can get without them actually being in your way. There's the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City but it's not really all that threatening.

Smash 4 is both awesome and terrible for this. On one hand you get to fight bosses like Yellow Devil in a tangible way but at the same time I can see that getting old very quick...which is why I hope there is a way to toggle bosses on and off.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Have you listened to the Kill la Kill OST?
Good sir i say you spread of that god like music
I think just because it gets awkward to try to include the players in the action. Parasite Queen moves the stage around as does Kraid in Melee and that's about as much interaction you can get without them actually being in your way. There's the Ultimate Chimera in New Pork City but it's not really all that threatening.

Smash 4 is both awesome and terrible for this. On one hand you get to fight bosses like Yellow Devil in a tangible way but at the same time I can see that getting old very quick...which is why I hope there is a way to toggle bosses on and off.
me too i would like if they kept the brawl idea but at online play of it be more funnier that way or still have toggle feature

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have you listened to the Kill la Kill OST?
I haven't watched Kill la Kill, so no.

I only listen to music from anime I've watched and from video games I've played.

Nintendo's been at it with these late at night streams lately. Next thing ya know the August Direct would be at 3:00 in the morning.
View attachment 20067
They tend to shift around with the Direct hours due to time differences.

A Direct at night in North America means it's in the morning for Europe and afternoon for Japan.

First, @FalKoopa's avatar doesn't have a scarf on, and that isn't Duon. What's next, @ Frostwraith Frostwraith 's avatar is NOT a guy with a zebra hair disorder?
My avatar is definitely not a guy with a zebra hair disorder.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
What do you have against the 3DS version?

Personally, I'm quite happy there's finally a handheld version so I can play Smash anywhere.
I think the 3ds was good move although it would be interesting if they did have maybe more exculisve features maybe in characters it would've been even more interesting though i'm fine how this is turning into be

"No"
Just like the 3DS version, but more no because it would be TERRIBLY limited
the 3ds has much power as a vita so it can handle alot things going on with the games already

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I only listen to music from anime I've watched and from video games I've played.

They tend to shift around with the Direct hours due to time differences.

A Direct at night in North America means it's in the morning for Europe and afternoon for Japan.

My avatar is definitely not a guy with a zebra hair disorder.
I am aware, but I was making a joke.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Good sir i say you spread of that god like music
If I could sing online, I would. Good thing we have hyperlinks.

That's normally me, too. Kill la Kill is one of the few instances where I listened to the OST first before watching the anime. And then I watched the anime. I was not disappoint.

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
The DS would have been "good" for Smash Bros., but it's better off being on the 3DS since it's much more powerful than its predecessor, lol.
If it was really on the DS, everything would be on sprites instead of 3D models.
I honestly think a sprite-based smash bros would've been really cool. But that's just me. I really like (miss) sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom