• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nope. The only thing I know about that anime is over-the-top action, loads of fanservice and music by Hiroyuki Sawano (who also did music for Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and Xenoblade Chronicles X, as far as I know).

Might consider watching it one day.
I've seen only one episode of it... It's hilariously weird and over-the-top. You don't usually see someone contradict himself thrice in the same sentence.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I've seen only one episode of it... It's hilariously weird and over-the-top. You don't usually see someone contradict himself thrice in the same sentence.
the idea of the anime is that it's suppose to be ridiculous but also have serious moments

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really watch that much anime anymore honestly. I think the last full series I watched was FMA: Brotherhood. Still like Dragon Ball and Cowboy Bebop the most though.

I find myself watching more Western Action shows now. When I was younger I'd watch a mix of both. But most of the good ones get cancelled before they finish. This seems to happen with Marvel's best shows too.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
it's really good if you've seen Gurren Lagann another which is interesting is Gokukoku no Brynhildr it's by the same creator who made Elfen lied
Gokukoku no Brynhildr is one I want to watch. I was planning to watch it when it aired, but I just didn't have enough room for it.

I regret picking up Wixoss and Riddle of the Devil instead of it.

D

Deleted member

Old Nickelodeon was beyond godlike.
Old any cartoon channel really. Back then we had all these great cartoons, Rugrats, Ah! Real Monsters, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo, Hey Arnold, etc.. I miss those days.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Classic Nick and Classic CN is something of legends and yet now they slowly vanish today with only a handful of cartoons showing on each Channel

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think of it, we really don't have that many Western action cartoons on these days. The only ones we have are TMNT and Korra, and Korra went digital only recently. It seems like Networks don't want to keep them around these days. It might have to do with all of these shows still needing to sell a metric ****ton of action figures these days. Which seems a little archaic. But that's a different discussion I suppose.

Hopefully Ultimate Spider-Man can get better. Seems like a waste if they aren't going to let Brian Bendis adapt some of his original stories for the comics. But I blame that on Loeb thinking kids can't handle serious stories. I'm not saying the show needs to be dark or anything. But it should have a decent balance between action, humor and dramatic moments.

Anime? Sorry, I only speak cartoons.
Lizard Sphere X is a pretty cool show.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Old all cartoons were godlike.

Cartoon Network had Powerpuff Girls and Courage, after all.
I remember the first Courage episode I saw. It was the one with the puppets.
Because obviously the best one to start with is the one with the most fridge horror.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because obviously the best one to start with is the one with the most fridge horror.
Courage was just a really freaky show in general, with a few standing out way more than others. Need I remind you all of RETURN THE SLAB?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My first tattoo?
I got that when I was eight.
2edgy4me.

Classic Nick and Classic CN is something of legends and yet now they slowly vanish today with only a handful of cartoons showing on each Channel
I think Regular Show is pretty good. But other than that, I haven't been all that interested in CN's stuff. I know a lot of people like Adventure Time. Gumball won some people over too.

The first one I remember seeing was the one with the CG mummy, King Ramses I think. "Return the Slab, something something something." I also remember the one Cousin Fred.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Courage was just a really freaky show in general, with a few standing out way more than others. Need I remind you all of RETURN THE SLAB?
I remember it well.

The first one I remember seeing was the one with the CG mummy, King Ramses I think. "Return the Slab, something something something." I also remember the one Cousin Fred.
The Fred episode I did like. It was so delightful in it's insanity.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh, looks like I just missed the anime talk...
Oh well, may as well say it anyway: Just got done watching episode 8 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
HOLY **** THAT'S A LOT TO TAKE IN

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I do not watch Anime except for Sonic X, Transformers Unicron Trilogy, YuGiOh 5D's, and some Pokemon. The only TV I watch these days is sports, news, movies, sitcoms, comedy shows, that sort of thing. I might eventually watch the Sonic Boom TV series when it comes out, but that's 3D.

D

Deleted member

Oh, looks like I just missed the anime talk...
Oh well, may as well say it anyway: Just got done watching episode 8 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
HOLY **** THAT'S A LOT TO TAKE IN
Right? At least you're past (what I find to be) the most disturbing scene in the entire thing...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...I'm going to say this again.

I'll never understand how anyone could be creeped out by Courage. As a kid, I always saw the stuff as being simply a cartoon parody of the horror genre since nothing in it was ever actually scary. Lots of weird stuff, but nothing ever TOO disturbing.

...Well, except this thing from the final episode.

Now seriously, what the **** was THAT?

D

Deleted member

I'll never understand how anyone could be creeped out by Courage. As a kid, I always saw the stuff as being simply a cartoon parody of the horror genre since nothing in it was ever actually scary. Lots of weird stuff, but nothing ever TOO disturbing.

It just had that off-putting quality to it. So much of the show was surreal and odd that it was hard to just not be creeped out by it, with some actually genuinely scary stuff thrown in. Sure I'm not scared of it now, but back then it was really creepy.

Also thanks for making me relieve the nightmares of my past all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Funny i remember the one that disturbed me the most was the fred episode
Oh...Right. Fred.

Make that 2 things.

Freaky Fred is definitely the one episode that was without a doubt...well, Freaky.

But it's still one of my top favorites and it's my mom's top favorite episode to watch. XD

D

Deleted member

I just finished reading the last Percy Jackson book, now all I need to do is wait desperately for the 3rd movie to come out in theaters.
Except the movies are awful. at least, the first one was. I never saw the second one

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Some kind of Unborn Trumpet Demon telling Courage that he was an imperfect being. But who is he to judge? He doesn't even have legs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Courage and Ed, Edd n Eddy are a big part of my childhood. Better, classic Cartoon Network was almost the entirety of what I watched on TV. Those were good times...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I pronounce .gif with a hard g because that's what the first word in that acronym has. I don't pronounce it "Jrafics" so I'm not going to pronounce it "Jif". I don't care what the guy who made it says.

Bring on the hatemail.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I pronounce .gif with a hard g because that's what the first word in that acronym has. I don't pronounce it "Jrafics" so I'm not going to pronounce it "Jif". I don't care what the guy who made it says.

Bring on the hatemail.

Dear ToasterBrains,

It's pronounced "jif", you foolish fool.

Sincerely, the World

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bring on the hatemail.
"Gif" master race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom