• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon did have it better back then, but I still think Cartoon Network is still pretty good. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, Steven Universe, hell even Clarence is really funny, and eventually Sonic Boom. They even got Pokemon now and to add, Adult Swim. Nickelodeon has all around terrible shows now, well except Spongebob, and they rarely air a new episode, which aren't as good as older episodes.

I watch too much cartoons.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yep. He got freaking obliterated by a train if I remember correctly.
And was replaced by Ashton Kutcher.
Did it get any better with him on?

I'd like Spiderman more if he wasn't cracking jokes while someone is running over cops in a truck.

Or if One more Day never happened.
I've heard stories about One More Day.
I swear, if they wanted them to break up. Just let them break up. We don't need to bring in the devil of all things (or making half the heroes useless, or Spiderman whiny, etc).

I'm not going to ask.
He's most likely referring to the Sonic Archie comics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nickelodeon has all around terrible shows now, well except Spongebob,
SpongeBob is awful when it isn't reruns of pre-movie episodes. Why couldn't the movie be the finale like they had initially planned? WHY!!!!

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
I still read the Sonic comics, just because I like Sonic, but it's not that great, at least right now.

I really like the Mega Man comics though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like Spiderman more if he wasn't cracking jokes while someone is running over cops in a truck.

Or if One more Day never happened.
The jokes are part of the reason why I like Spider-Man myself. He was pretty much the first trash talking superhero. Well there's a lot of things actually. The powers, the costume, the villains. I do like the stories more when he's given a more positive attitude though, it fits his character more in my opinion.

But we don't mention "that" story. Ever. It's evil.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The only TV shows I watch now are Adventure Time and Regular Show. I used to watch The Amazing World of Gumball a lot as well, but that show got stale.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh please. That's nothing compared to-
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call beating a dead horse. Especially in considering the current state of the comic right now.

We get it. It was weird. It was dumb. It was also MANY years ago in an old continuity that doesn't exist anymore.

The joke is dead and isn't funny anymore. Move on.

Seriously, just ugh.

I still read the Sonic comics, just because I like Sonic, but it's not that great, at least right now.

I really like the Mega Man comics though.
Oh psshaa, the Sonic comics are fantastic right now and easily the best they've ever been thanks to Ian Flynn and the current continuity.

Even if we did have to lose the few awesome things about the old universe thanks to that asshole ***** of a jackoff Ken Penders.

It's easily on par with Mega Man, which only shows thanks to their fantastic crossover. I loved Worlds Collide.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Sonic Boom comic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call beating a dead horse. Especially in considering the current state of the comic right now.

We get it. It was weird. It was dumb. It was also MANY years ago in an old continuity that doesn't exist anymore.

The joke is dead and isn't funny anymore. Move on.

Seriously, just ugh.
...I don't get it.
It was just a harmless joke. It was not a jab at the comics (nor do I know this "state" you're referring to. I haven't been following the comics in a long time).
In any case, I apologize for the joke. And if it helps, I can take it down if you want.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ian Flynn's my favorite writer for archies, for some reason people hate him because he makes it too SEGA like. :facepalm:
I don't read the Sonic stuff. But wouldn't it being more like SEGA be a good thing? Anyway people seem to like his Megaman comics just fine.

I think some of my favorite writers are probably Brian Bendis, Chris Yost, and Peter David. At least when it comes to Spider-Man. I'm not sure who my favorite Batman writers are though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ian Flynn's my favorite writer for archies, for some reason people hate him because he makes it too SEGA like. :facepalm:
I can actually understand that since it is a gripe I myself do kinda have with him, too.

The whole thing you probably don't get is the fact that the reason people liked the Archie series was because it was different from SEGASonic. SEGASonic bores the everliving hell out of me.

However, Ian does it right in the sense that he actually knows how to write the characters versus the old writers and any of Sega's writers and even make new characters that people genuinely like right off the bat instead of bashing constantly at first and finally coming to like 5 years later just so they can bash on the next new one.

Plus, he can take some of the underused characters, like Blaze, and give them really awesome moments and arcs. Hell, he even made Silver into a likable, well-grounded and good character.

Silver. A good character.

I never thought it possible.

...I don't get it.
It was just a harmless joke. It was not a jab at the comics (nor do I know this "state" you're referring to).
In any case, I apologize for the joke. And if it helps, I can take it down if you want.
Sorry, didn't mean to attack solely you that way.

Let me rephrase that, I'm pretty much sick of the fact that when people decide to poke fun at and trash the Archie series, it's over all of the dumb crap that happened when Bollers and Penders were still around and they ignore all the amazing stuff Flynn brought to the table that saved the comic.

It's like they're still stuck in the past and refuse to acknowledge and accept that the present and future are indeed bright and better.

That's all I meant. I'm sorry, man. :<

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let me rephrase that, I'm pretty much sick of the fact that when people decide to poke fun at and trash the Archie series, it's over all of the dumb crap that happened when Bollers and Penders were still around and they ignore all the amazing stuff Flynn brought to the table that saved the comic.
It's like they're still stuck in the past and refuse to acknowledge and accept that the present and future are indeed bright and better.
I don't think his thought process was that complex.

I think it just "This is weird, and also related to Sonic, therefore, I will post it"

But yeah, I haven't even touched those comics in years and I know that they've improved.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sorry, didn't mean to attack solely you that way.

It's all right.
Like I said in my edit. I haven't followed the comics in forever. So I didn't know the state of how it's been (I believe it was after the whole Mecha Sally thing. I did see Tails Doll though).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I want Mighty to get more screen time in the comics.

Espio too.

Oh, and they could bring back Shard too, also.
Espio and the Chaotix have screen time with Knux and Shadow in Sonic Universe right now and Mighty and Ray are on the way.

Don't fret, buddy.

I'm still looking forward to reading the Knuckles vs. Shadow issue in said arc. You have no idea how many years I've waited for that fight to happen outside of Sonic X's 3rd Season. <3

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Espio and the Chaotix have screen time with Knux and Shadow in Sonic Universe right now and Mighty and Ray are on the way.

Don't fret, buddy.

I'm still looking forward to reading the Knuckles vs. Shadow issue in said arc. You have no idea how many years I've waited for that fight to happen outside of Sonic X's 3rd Season. <3
I know.

Shard's still MIA though.

To be fair, they never even told us if he died or underwent repairs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
+1 Like for using a new gif. Atta boy!
Are you sure? I could've sworn he used that one multiple times before. :/
Indeed, he has.

I rarely use the same gifs. I have an endless stash of them spread all over the Internet.

Gif posting is an art. You have to know which gifs to post at the right time. And be creative and original as well, since no one wants to see the same gifs over and over again.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I know.

Shard's still MIA though.

To be fair, they never even told us if he died or underwent repairs.
Flynn already mentioned having plans for him.

1 of 2 things are gonna happen since both have been hinted.

1: Shard is going to be Mecha Sonic again.

2: Shard's personality is going to brought back through Gemerl since he's actually around in this universe and was brought up by Vanilla.

And honestly, I'd be SO happy with 2 considering how much I loved Sonic Battle and Advance 3's little arc in the games. I loved Emerl and loved his design as Gemerl. My issue with later games never acknowledging his existence was that he was a pretty powerful ally that they could've used at any point. Even just in the spin-offs would've been cool.

D

Deleted member

Indeed, he has.

I rarely use the same gifs. I have an endless stash of them spread all over the Internet.

Gif posting is an art. You have to know which gifs to post at the right time. And be creative and original as well, since no one wants to see the same gifs over and over again.
I have several gifs stockpiled in my secret stash of gifs for this very reason. For example:

I can't really find any sort of context to use that one in, it's just hilarious.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I have several gifs stockpiled in my secret stash of gifs for this very reason. For example:

I can't really find any sort of context to use that one in, it's just hilarious.
Seems like a good Mario Kart topic post to me. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom