• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, anyone on the Social thread of the Super Smash Bros for Wii U section of Smashboards has probably heard of Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride. For those who didn't browse through page 1426, it was an anime Gen Urobochi made under A-1 Pictures. It was one of those really dramatic mecha animes. But with a twist. It continues to go on from a 5 episode list, and the total run time is 115 minutes and counting. Around 1 hour and 15 minutes streaming binge time. In addition, there were those props of Urobochi holding his Noble Phantasm here and there. As if to mock his viewers. Needless to say, there were a lot of posters around various boards saying, "I want to get off Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride." Now this is where things take their contrived, grimdark turn. Once you've arrived at the 5th episode, viewers found themselves with a long striving taking about 1 production week to anticipate. When they reach the end, they found a sign that read "Gen Urobochi Says: THE BUTCHERY NEVER ENDS." The striving lead into the withdrawal of Aldnoah.Zero and they made themselves believe like there was nothing else to watch. In other words, they were ****ed. Needless to say, this gained a lot of popularity on Smashboards. Users went to the Media Metropolis anime thread to discuss the following events of the show. I wasn't one of them, as I was currently watching Fate/Zero. You know, the one that's a supernatural action gambit. It was faithful to the original, but it did have its twists. Near the end it [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]. Its series already had a good-sized fanbase, which we got hype with the Fate/stay night remakes on the way. Fast forward a few weeks, and I had finished the series. I was checking YouTube to see if there were any good recs and browsing my favorite anime streaming sites. That's where I noticed an anime that hadn't been hosted the last time I visited. It wasn't too weird because it was having its run in Japan at the time and it was spreading through word of mouth. But I figured, "What the hell?" I just clicked on the first episode anyways. Surprisingly, the buffering was quite unbearable; taking me about an hour to have it fully loaded. It was one of those deconstructionist mecha animes, which was weird because everyone always talks about Neon Genesis Evangellion. But I'm sure it wouldn't just copy from that one. So I clicked the play button. I looked at the window and froze. There were scenes of an densely-populated futuristic urban area, with explosions and destruction wreaking havoc. Amongst the damage was a singed skeleton with the oddly intact head of a smug Asian man laying supine. "Yes..." I whispered. The title read: "Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride." I stumbled about my computer chair, fighting against my excitement. It didn't stop. I begged my brother passing by my room to sit down and watch it with me. I was about to change my mind when I realize he ignored me. The episode continued and I squeed in hype. I saw the anime play forward in its limited duration.

I WANT TO GET OFF GEN UROBOCHI'S WILD RIDE!
*Twitch*

I'm not really a grammar nazi, I really don't care that much about grammar. But if there is one thing I do care about, it's paragraphs. I really have no idea what you just said. Sorry. :/

Anyway, more anime talk? That means more me feeling bad for being too lazy to watch more. I really do need to watch more.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I pronounce .gif with a hard g because that's what the first word in that acronym has. I don't pronounce it "Jrafics" so I'm not going to pronounce it "Jif". I don't care what the guy who made it says.

Bring on the hatemail.
Seriously. It's one letter away the word gift. And that uses a hard G sound too.

:denzel: You get it dude. :denzel:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I pronounce .gif with a hard g because that's what the first word in that acronym has. I don't pronounce it "Jrafics" so I'm not going to pronounce it "Jif". I don't care what the guy who made it says.

Bring on the hatemail.
I don't pronouncing it as an acronym, so I read it as G.I.F. More accurately, I didn't know it was acronym until it was too late.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't pronouncing it as an acronym, so I read it as G.I.F. More accurately, I didn't know it was acronym until it was too late.
That is also acceptable.
I may or may not cringe noticeably whenever I hear "jif" and they're not talking about peanut butter.
I did not realize people were capable of being pretentious over the pronunciation of an acronym. :4pacman:
I didn't realize people could be pretentious over rumors either until Gematsu happened.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
*Twitch*

I'm not really a grammar nazi, I really don't care that much about grammar. But if there is one thing I do care about, it's paragraphs. I really have no idea what you just said. Sorry. :/

Anyway, more anime talk? That means more me feeling bad for being too lazy to watch more. I really do need to watch more.
It's not a formal story, so I really didn't give a **** about grammar or conservation of detail here. Gee, it's just a little joke. All text is derived from "Mr. Bone's Wild Ride."

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Favorite Cartoons? Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, The Clone Wars, and Avatar.

I loved the comedy/mystery of Gravity Falls.. good writing overall.

Phineas and Ferb is just fun to watch.. so many references. XD

The Clone Wars started out slowly, but had some very serious themes in some parts.. my brother and I used to joke about how it went from "Fantasy Lightsaber Slashes" to "Bounty Hunters breaking people's necks" in about one season.

Avatar.. I don't think I need to explain that one. :laugh:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At least it has a bearing on what the incredibly important game will be like.

Mispronouncing "GIF" isn't relevant or detrimental to anything.
Excuse me
Only people who can pronounce it properly can amount to anything in life, everyone knows this :troll:

I don't think anybody actually takes it seriously

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sheik trailer

here ya go
Oh my god.

Sheik's moveset is awesome. Seriously, playing different Ocarina of Time songs to create elemental magic, like Nocture of Shadow creating a black hole, or Prelude to Light creating a light force field...
That's so awesome.

Every character in this game is awesome.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The only reason I'm watching Smile Precure is because I got a figurine in a grab-bag based on two of the characters from the anime at a con.

It's meh, after this gonna try one of the Melty Blood animes. I forget what the visual novels are called.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would have to say both Ed, Edd, n' Eddy and pre-movie Spongebob are my favorites. They're both very funny, very well-written and surprisingly intelligent at times.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's not a formal story, so I really didn't give a **** about grammar or conservation of detail here. Gee, it's just a little joke. All text is derived from "Mr. Bone's Wild Ride."
Well, I was just saying I had no idea if you were joking or not. For all I knew, you were actually trying to tell a story about Gen Urobochi.

I honestly can't concentrate on reading things without enough paragraphs. I can't pay attention long enough. I actually tend to make a lot of paragraphs in my own post. In fact, probably more the needed. I'm not sure.

Anyway, let's just put that past us...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The thing I hate the most about sitcoms is the laugh track they usually. That's why I can't stand those shows.

Show, I don't need you to tell me when I am supposed to laugh.

It's like the show itself is calling me dumb.

I do not watch Anime except for Sonic X, Transformers Unicron Trilogy, YuGiOh 5D's, and some Pokemon. The only TV I watch these days is sports, news, movies, sitcoms, comedy shows, that sort of thing. I might eventually watch the Sonic Boom TV series when it comes out, but that's 3D.

:troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I would have to say both Ed, Edd, n' Eddy and pre-movie Spongebob are my favorites. They're both very funny, very well-written and surprisingly intelligent at times.
I like both of those. I also like American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, and King of the Hill.

And older Family Guy episodes.

And Dr. Pepper.
mmmmmmmmmmmm

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The only reason I'm watching Smile Precure is because I got a figurine in a grab-bag based on two of the characters from the anime at a con.

It's meh, after this gonna try one of the Melty Blood animes. I forget what the visual novels are called.
i believe it was called Merubura

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The thing I hate the most about sitcoms is the laugh track they usually. That's why I can't stand those shows.
Show, I don't need you to tell me when I am supposed to laugh.
It's like the show itself is calling me dumb.
This, like, a hundred times.

I cannot stand sitcoms for this very reason.
I always say the laugh track laughs so you don't have to. :)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Oh my god.

Sheik's moveset is awesome. Seriously, playing different Ocarina of Time songs to create elemental magic, like Nocture of Shadow creating a black hole, or Prelude to Light creating a light force field...
That's so awesome.

Every character in this game is awesome.
And all we got is brawl sheik man like i said in my last post i regret saying the harp couldn't work

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually have faint memories of my childhood when it comes to cartoons. Then again, I never did watch a lot of cartoons either.

My favorites back then were... anime. Yep.

The ones I remember more fondly were Pokémon, Beyblade, Doraemon and a few others. I also remember liking Tom and Jerry a lot, as well as Disney stuff. I remember watching a lot of Pixar movies as well as Miyazaki's Sprited Away on the cinema.

Cartoon Network existed here, but it was in English with no subs, so yeah, I ended up not growing with Cartoon Network's stuff.

D

Deleted member

I like both of those. I also like American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, and King of the Hill.

And older Family Guy episodes.

And Dr. Pepper.
mmmmmmmmmmmm
King of the Hill was amazing. It did start to go a bit downhill in the later seasons though, so I'm glad that it ended when it did.
American Dad somehow withstands the test and is actually a fairly decent McFarlane show. Not the best, but it's miles better than the others. And pre-cancellation Family Guy seems to be something everyone can agree on, the characters were well written and actually somewhat relateable (minus Stewie, probably), and it didn't rely on mostly shock humor and cutaway gags.

DR. PEPPER IS NECTAR OF THE GODS

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not too sure how many people here are comic fans. But does anyone have a favorite cover? I always liked Todd McFarland's Spider-Man cover. It's freaking sick.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd like Spiderman more if he wasn't cracking jokes while someone is running over cops in a truck.

Or if One more Day never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom