• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
WHAT?! It wasn't a new gif?! You fraud! I'm taking my Like back!
actually keep it I don't care

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call beating a dead horse. Especially in considering the current state of the comic right now.

We get it. It was weird. It was dumb. It was also MANY years ago in an old continuity that doesn't exist anymore.

The joke is dead and isn't funny anymore. Move on.

Seriously, just ugh.
I never thought I'd see anyone talk about beating a dead horse in the Smash 4 section of Smashboards.
:troll:

Last edited:

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
Oh psshaa, the Sonic comics are fantastic right now and easily the best they've ever been thanks to Ian Flynn and the current continuity.

Even if we did have to lose the few awesome things about the old universe thanks to that ******* ***** of a jackoff Ken Penders.

It's easily on par with Mega Man, which only shows thanks to their fantastic crossover. I loved Worlds Collide.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Sonic Boom comic.
Yeah the worlds collide crossover was phenomenal, I loved every issue. And yeah Ian Flynn is a great writer, when he did this:

I lost it. Still gets me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
SILENCE. YOU ARE MY PRISONER.
Can I just say what I'm sure everyone else is thinking?

Everytime you yell out something or say something incredibly strange, I imagine the Greninja in your avatar is saying it and it makes me laugh so damn hard inside. XD

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can actually understand that since it is a gripe I myself do kinda have with him, too.

The whole thing you probably don't get is the fact that the reason people liked the Archie series was because it was different from SEGASonic. SEGASonic bores the everliving hell out of me.

However, Ian does it right in the sense that he actually knows how to write the characters versus the old writers and any of Sega's writers and even make new characters that people genuinely like right off the bat instead of bashing constantly at first and finally coming to like 5 years later just so they can bash on the next new one.

Plus, he can take some of the underused characters, like Blaze, and give them really awesome moments and arcs. Hell, he even made Silver into a likable, well-grounded and good character.

Silver. A good character.

I never thought it possible.
There is only one or two writers I really trust with archies other than Ian.

Most of the ones that try to make it different either go do far out there it's just stupid or make stories that really tick people off on how bad they were.

Ian, while making it more SEGA like, really can just write better and make it more overall more enjoyable. Heck what he does for old ideas like Bean and Bark are some of my favorites.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, going into Zelda U, who do you think should be the villain in it? I think they said something about a new villain not too long back, but still, it's fun to think about.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To end off the Sonic comic bit, I think my favorite part of World's Collide is easily this right here.

That moment stays fresh in my mind even now.

Well, that and when Sonic and Mega Man both went Super. <3

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To end off the Sonic comic bit, I think my favorite part of World's Collide is easily this right here.

I'll admit, that gave me chills.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Wow. They even got the bosses from The Wily Wars.
I'm impressed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

So I may be a bit late on this but..

Dat Sheik tho~ <3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd love a Zelda game where the main villain is Vaati, who's actually working with Twinrova to revive Ganondorf, who you then kill to realize they were all an illusion created by Ghirahim, and you chase him and defeat him only to realize the entire thing was a story Tingle made up to convince you to buy a map.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd love a Zelda game where the main villain is Vaati, who's actually working with Twinrova to revive Ganondorf, who you then kill to realize they were all an illusion created by Ghirahim, and you chase him and defeat him only to realize the entire thing was a story Tingle made up to convince you to buy a map.
I'd play it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This page too

way too awesome

Even just the moment when they transformed was amazing. Not to mention Eggman and Wily's reactions. ¦D

And of course, the Super Bro-Fist.

That's it, I'm reading all of Worlds Collide again now. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom