• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As a guy who played his fair share of bullet hells, I actually agree with this. But it at least doesn't drag on for hours like Yiazmat, you can die at the last moment before you finally close, and he could heal himself back to full health if you try to heal your party while he does Reflectga.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Should I get Kid Icarus: Uprising or Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Or throw a curve ball and get Tomodachi Life?
I own all 3. Got bored with Tomodachi after a week. Fire Emblem was bad compared to the Wii and GCN ones. Uprising was fun and well written. Just has controls that are hard to get used to.

No contest for me. I'd go Uprising.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As a guy who played his fair share of bullet hells, I actually agree with this. But it at least doesn't drag on for hours like Yiazmat, you can die at the last moment before you finally close, and he could heal himself back to full health if you try to heal your party while he does Reflectga.
Still, monotonous =/= hard. Just boring.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for all your input, looks like I'm getting Uprising and Awakening!

That should keep me occupied until Hyrule Warriors... right?

Nielicus

Smash Lord

I've never played any of them and Inhate Fire Emblem gameplay... I would say KI or FE because I've heard good things about em

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
On SSB4 Dojo I saw something about a leak that seems real and originates from here can anyone tell me what the leak said?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
To be perfectly honest though, my favorite game on the 3DS is definitely Ace Attorney 5.

Thank you for all your input, looks like I'm getting Uprising and Awakening!

That should keep me occupied until Hyrule Warriors... right?
If it comes out in less than 2 weeks then yes. Awakening on Normal is child's play compared to Radiant Dawn on normal.
Uprising depends on how hard the difficulty is. I was too bad for 6 or 7 so I played on 4 to 5 and I beat it in a few days.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still undecided on a birthday gift and it's been 6 days since that. Since I do need to expand my 3DS library, should I get New Leaf or Tomodachi Life?

Morbi

Scavenger
To be perfectly honest though, my favorite game on the 3DS is definitely Ace Attorney 5.

If it comes out in less than 2 weeks then yes. Awakening on Normal is child's play compared to Radiant Dawn on normal.
Uprising depends on how hard the difficulty is. I was too bad for 6 or 7 so I played on 4 to 5 and I beat it in a few days.
My favorite game on the 3DS is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. :troll:

Other than that, Awakening is probably my favorite.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace

Awakening isn't really the best introduction to the series. It's a strategy/grid-based RPG series, but Awakening takes out much of the strategy part. In previous FE games, there would be both weapon and magic triangles (i.e. rock-paper-scissors for weapons), altitude advantage, as well as various objectives. For example, you'd have to defend a castle for a certain amount of turns, and wisely choose which units should stay within the castle and which should go out and attack. Or you'll have to survive for a certain amount of turns, before backup appears for your aid and the objective turns into rout enemy. Or perhaps you have to defeat a certain amount of enemies, or defend certain members of your party, or arrive at a set destination before a certain amount of turns. All of that required careful use of units, weapons, and movement.

In Awakening, all of that strategy thrown out of the window. They throw out magic triangles, as well as the varied objectives and altitude advantage. The maps are wide, open fields and all that matters is if you rout the enemies and/or defeat the boss. You can pair up units for double attacks on the enemy. The game also gives you too many opportunities to grind. I guess they kinda had to because you get child units in the game and they inherit their parents' stats, and the main chapters in the game don't provide you enough opportunities to get those parent stats and abilities up for the kids. But still, it's a vastly inferior Fire Emblem game. I'd encourage you to get either Path of Radiance for GameCube and/or Radiant Dawn for Wii.

If you aren't getting two games...

Get Uprising. It's so much fun. The music is great, the controls work well, the gameplay feels good, and it's just an overall very enjoyable game. There's online multiplayer as well. It's definitely one of the best portable games I've ever played. I blazed through it, I can't really write a whole ton on why I liked it other than it was an excellent gaming experience.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just to make things easier I'll just say the list of 3DS games I've owned or played before:

• Mario Kart 7
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Pokemon X
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
One possible candidate I have been thinking about was Kirby Triple Deluxe, which I'm unsure of since handheld Kirby games are bound to be "meh" (Though this game however had great reviews unlike Mass Attack).

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Just to make things easier I'll just say the list of 3DS games I've owned or played before:

• Mario Kart 7
  • Pokemon X
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
One possible candidate I have been thinking about was Kirby Triple Deluxe, which I'm unsure of since handheld Kirby games are bound to be "meh" (Though this game however had great reviews unlike Mass Attack).
Not sure about Triple Deluxe, but have you played Super Star Ultra? Such a fun game, there's so many games and content, and they're all fun too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He's crying because you said the Big Bang theory was awful
Ya know, considering what he's actually crying about in the scene and how adorable Tails is, I have a right mind to deck you in the schnoz. ¦(

But that requires effort and I can't be havin' that, so instead, I'm going to continue contemplating what the hell kind of femboy creature your avatar is supposed to be. ¦D

Seriously, who or what is that? It's like Draco Malfoy if he got even more gender confused and long anime hair.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure about Triple Deluxe, but have you played Super Star Ultra? Such a fun game, there's so many games and content, and they're all fun too.
Yeah, it was the only exception since it is a remake of the most beloved Kirby classics in history. It's one of the few DS games that I managed to keep for many years. Playing as Meta Knight, Dedede having revenge, and Marx Soul's death scream literally ****** your ears. Best Kirby game on the DS IMO.

Edit: Forgot one game on my list, Rhythm Thief and it's a pretty damn good game too.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ya know, considering what he's actually crying about in the scene and how adorable Tails is, I have a right mind to deck you in the schnoz. ¦(

But that requires effort and I can't be havin' that, so instead, I'm going to continue contemplating what the hell kind of femboy creature your avatar is supposed to be. ¦D

Seriously, who or what is that? It's like Draco Malfoy if he got even more gender confused and long anime hair.
Her name is Luna, she's a Ravenclaw student. Very good friends with Harry.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

• Mario Kart 7
  • Pokemon X
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
Kirby is great. Also you should DL Shovel Knight

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

But Mass Attack is one of the best games on the DS...

Kirby Triple Deluxe is amazing anyway. Kirby practically belongs to the handhelds. Even with that, Triple deluxe, I believe, is up there with Kirby Super Star Ultra. <3

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I bet people were sold on the hamazing dialogue from the trailers while fangirls played it because there were two "cutie pie" angels in one game. Am I right? :troll:
My most vivid memory of the dialogue was between Palutena and Pit with Palutena implying Pit had indecent thoughts about her.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was the only exception since it is a remake of the most beloved Kirby classics in history. It's one of the few DS games that I managed to keep for many years. Playing as Meta Knight, Dedede having revenge, and Marx Soul's death scream literally ****** your ears. Best Kirby game on the DS IMO.

Edit: Forgot one game on my list, Rhythm Thief and it's a pretty damn good game too.
Best Kirby game of all time is Superstar Ultra, IMO. The extra content makes the original look very inferior. Not to mention that The True Arena is really hard as ****. Perhaps the only mode that isn't a cakewalk.

I highly recommend Triple Deluxe if you like action platformers. There shouldn't be anything super spectacluar if you've played Return to Dreamland though. It's sort of an expansion on the RtD engine, IMO.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
He's crying because you said the Big Bang theory was awful
I'm not sure if I'd say "awful", but the quality has dropped since the first few seasons.... like a lot.

Also, Sheldon is the most annoying character to ever grace a television screen. I hate him with a burning passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom