• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Like yeah, I watched like 80% of dragon ball z during my school years on a daily basis :p The rest were these awful 20mb rmvb's downloaded at 3.6kb/s (this was basically because primary->highschool suddenly meant leaving for school an hour earlier, no time for FUN and BREAKFAST). Nothing else existed.

Doesn't mean I'm going to be watching Naruto, One Piece of Bleach anytime soon. Seasonal anime ftw.

Jojo's season 2 is going to be 50 odd episodes, it'll be the longest show I've watched in a long time.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I read every one of those that you've listed, lol. (also at least 30 more)

Have you heard of Tower of God? Going by the things you've listed, I feel you'd enjoy it.
Will be checking that out. This is what I like about anime discussions. You always find about new series.

So many things I want to watch, yet so little time...

Will be starting Madoka very soon... How many episodes does it have? @ Shaya Shaya

I wonder what the Dark Pit notion under Palutena's poster says. Not that I await for a(nother) Dark Pit discussion.
Curious about that too.

Time to put my Japanese skills to test once more? If the picture wasn't so blurry, I could give it a try...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
May I see the Mii picture I mentioned (last picture, center of left page, labeled "22") a bit clearer? It looks like it's to pick which Mii fighter you'd be using, but there's more than 3 options, so I'm not sure.

My phone camera is broken (that's what happens for dropping it down cement stairs accidentally.) I will be replacing this phone with a newer model prior to the Japanese release so I can provide some good photos. It's talking about how to customize your miis. I will translate it later.

Pictures aren't loading for me.
Strange. Maybe reload the page? Seems to be working for everyone.

Might want a close-up of the row of pics above Lucina's head. The first image there is especially convincing (could it be... Chrom?)
It's Marth.

And again, horrible quality but here's the Moon from MM crashing down in Hyrule Warriors

It says Hookshot

Anyways, I am dead tired, I had work and two English conversation classes. I have been up since 5 am and now its 12 am. I need some sleep. I have another 8 hour work day plus English conversation classes till 11 pm. Yeeeeeah for needing money! If you want a closey uppy, tag or quote me and I will get to it if I can in the morning.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Will be checking that out. This is what I like about anime discussions. You always find about new series.

So many things I want to watch, yet so little time...

Will be starting Madoka very soon... How many episodes does it have? @ Shaya Shaya
I know whatchya mean. I read tons, tons, of manga. I probably have a few more things I could recommend for you, haha, but tower of god is one of my recent favorites. I don't watch too much anime though, the voice acting is usually what turns me off of it .

Madoka is also very good, and it's pretty short I think like 11 eps?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cool cool.

I will work on getting better quality shots of them. Maybe swipe the wife's phone tomorrow. Her' camera takes great pictures.

Here's one she took of our kitten

He looks like an angel but she just pounced onto my calve and sunk his teeth into it. Hurt like a mother. His way of saying "Hey! Pay attention to me and stop posting on Smashboards!" He is extremely hyper and tends to get into trouble.

Concerning the magazines, I don't think there is much information in them that is not known to us but I will translate it. On August 13th, one month away from the Japanese release, will be the Corocoro Smash Bros. edition so I will be getting that and posting information, if there is any, up here and elsewhere on the site.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The only show that needs to be rewatched is FLCL. I watched it once, but my friend said you have to watch it 6 times to understand it.

I use to wake up at 5:30 every school day to get two episodes of a show in everyday. Except when I had Track Meets.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
25 episodes in a week?
Pssh.. weak.

It's a lot harder for me to marathon things these days though. A friend made me go through a persona 4 one recently (its like 24 episodes or something), that was a longggggggggggggg day.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cool cool.

I will work on getting better quality shots of them. Maybe swipe the wife's phone tomorrow. Her' camera takes great pictures.

Here's one she took of our kitten

Concerning the magazines, I don't think there is much information in them that is not known to us but I will translate it. On August 13th, one month away from the Japanese release, will be the Corocoro Smash Bros. edition so I will be getting that and posting information, if there is any, up here and elsewhere on the site.
D'aaww, the kitty~ D:

So adorable~ <3

And cool, thanks for the pics Venus. Looking forward to those other ones later down the road.

Aaaand maybe another picture of the kitty, if you can manage it. ¦3

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
25 episodes in a week?
Pssh.. weak.

It's a lot harder for me to marathon things these days though. A friend made me go through a persona 4 one recently (its like 24 episodes or something), that was a longggggggggggggg day.
Yeah I almost watched both seasons of Baka and Test in a day. I think I missed an episode or two that I had to watch the next day.

I can't sit that long anymore.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

My phone camera is broken (that's what happens for dropping it down cement stairs accidentally.) I will be replacing this phone with a newer model prior to the Japanese release so I can provide some good photos. It's talking about how to customize your miis. I will translate it later.
Thanks a bunch!
That's awesome. I've never seen that before and I was wondering how that process happened.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoAmM_gpKLo after seeing this video i take back everything i said about sheik and the harp hyperfalcon.....
I'd be completely down with Smash 4 having 50 characters.
aslo if it's around 49-51 id be fine with it it's already a big number at that rate needs no more characters in it unless the characters are poteintal dlc slots

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm not the sort of person to do marathons.

Watching anime is very time consuming...
I watch anime while also playing a video game while also posting on smashboards, generally concurrently to some extent.
~_~

Gotta use my freedom time at the highest efficiency. Thanks to Smartphones, especially the waterproof ones, even the essentials like showers are becoming more efficient. Glorious.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I haven't yet. I'm a TTGL fan, but I felt like it was gonna be an ovrhyped show I wouldn't end up liking. Just like Attack on Titan.
it's starts off slow but gets interesting as the show goes on and more funny each episode though the final episodes near the end of the anime kinda draw it out a bit

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can't multitask to save my life. Right now, I'm watching a video on puzzles, a King's Quest VI playthrough, and posting here... but I can only do one at a time.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So, anyone on the Social thread of the Super Smash Bros for Wii U section of Smashboards has probably heard of Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride. For those who didn't browse through page 1426, it was an anime Gen Urobochi made under A-1 Pictures. It was one of those really dramatic mecha animes. But with a twist. It continues to go on from a 5 episode list, and the total run time is 115 minutes and counting. Around 1 hour and 15 minutes streaming binge time. In addition, there were those props of Urobochi holding his Noble Phantasm here and there. As if to mock his viewers. Needless to say, there were a lot of posters around various boards saying, "I want to get off Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride." Now this is where things take their contrived, grimdark turn. Once you've arrived at the 5th episode, viewers found themselves with a long striving taking about 1 production week to anticipate. When they reach the end, they found a sign that read "Gen Urobochi Says: THE BUTCHERY NEVER ENDS." The striving lead into the withdrawal of Aldnoah.Zero and they made themselves believe like there was nothing else to watch. In other words, they were ****ed. Needless to say, this gained a lot of popularity on Smashboards. Users went to the Media Metropolis anime thread to discuss the following events of the show. I wasn't one of them, as I was currently watching Fate/Zero. You know, the one that's a supernatural action gambit. It was faithful to the original, but it did have its twists. Near the end it [REDACTED FOR SPOILERS]. Its series already had a good-sized fanbase, which we got hype with the Fate/stay night remakes on the way. Fast forward a few weeks, and I had finished the series. I was checking YouTube to see if there were any good recs and browsing my favorite anime streaming sites. That's where I noticed an anime that hadn't been hosted the last time I visited. It wasn't too weird because it was having its run in Japan at the time and it was spreading through word of mouth. But I figured, "What the hell?" I just clicked on the first episode anyways. Surprisingly, the buffering was quite unbearable; taking me about an hour to have it fully loaded. It was one of those deconstructionist mecha animes, which was weird because everyone always talks about Neon Genesis Evangellion. But I'm sure it wouldn't just copy from that one. So I clicked the play button. I looked at the window and froze. There were scenes of an densely-populated futuristic urban area, with explosions and destruction wreaking havoc. Amongst the damage was a singed skeleton with the oddly intact head of a smug Asian man laying supine. "Yes..." I whispered. The title read: "Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride." I stumbled about my computer chair, fighting against my excitement. It didn't stop. I begged my brother passing by my room to sit down and watch it with me. I was about to change my mind when I realize he ignored me. The episode continued and I squeed in hype. I saw the anime play forward in its limited duration.

I WANT TO GET OFF GEN UROBOCHI'S WILD RIDE!

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's what I was confused about as well.

KQVI, yep!
That was some sort of credits or easter egg thing right? Just before you went on that journey to meet Hades/Lucifer? Or am I getting confused with V?

I played through VI and VII ad infinitum times as a youngun. In fact apparently my disc and instruction booklets are actually worth something at this point. I just spotted them in my drawers the other day :O.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm pretty casual as far as anime is concerned even though I used to watch a few things in the past, though admittedly it's been mostly mainstream stuff that was on the various networks during middle school and high school. I mostly don't watch anime for the same reason I don't watch a lot of western TV shows either. They simply don't hold my attention like they used to. Probably mostly because my gaming obsession always has a back log of new and old games I want to play, not to mention other long term project I'm looking to engage in.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have you seen Kill la Kill yet?
Nope. The only thing I know about that anime is over-the-top action, loads of fanservice and music by Hiroyuki Sawano (who also did music for Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and Xenoblade Chronicles X, as far as I know).

Might consider watching it one day.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That was some sort of credits or easter egg thing right? Just before you went on that journey to meet Hades/Lucifer? Or am I getting confused with V?

I played through VI and VII ad infinitum times as a youngun. In fact apparently my disc and instruction booklets are actually worth something at this point. I just spotted them in my drawers the other day :O.
You had to do it to get the skeleton key from the big guy. Prince Alexander played Dem Bones on a pile of bones using other bones as xylophone sticks.
The skeletons danced and the key flew off and then Alex went to go talk to the Lord of the Dead (or whatever, I can't remember exactly what he was called)

I wish I knew about this game when I was younger.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Nope. The only thing I know about that anime is over-the-top action, loads of fanservice and music by Hiroyuki Sawano (who also did music for Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and Xenoblade Chronicles X, as far as I know).

Might consider watching it one day.
it's really good if you've seen Gurren Lagann another which is interesting is Gokukoku no Brynhildr it's by the same creator who made Elfen lied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom