• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
By popular fighting shounens you mean overly long running stuff like Naruto, One Piece and Bleach? Never read any of them. lol

Most shounen I've read aren't really mainstream: Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Attack on Titan (it runs on a Shounen magazine, I kid you not!), Magi: Labyrinth of Magic and Assassination Classroom (runs on Shounen Jump, but it's quite different from your typical shounen manga).
Yes, I wouldn't touch any of The Big 3 or anything like them with a 15-foot pole! They feel so unbearable, maudlin, and corny too me that I'm usually lambasted for having different tastes.

I'll check a few of those titles out. Although Soul Eater is very similar to the kinds of shounens I despise (I tried it up to somewhere around Episode 35.) It's way too hyperactive and anticlimatic for me. I could say the same for my Blue Exorcist impressions, but I've only see a couple of the first episodes to judge.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Haruhi and Lucky Star are among my favourites. Though I'll take any anime with a good story, really, so I also like Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, and the Ghibli films.
Haruhi was good, but I really liked Lucky Star.

Here's my list of what I've seen: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Phoenix_Trite

I realize I do overrate shows. Especially ones that I watched when I first started watching shows back in 2012.

Yes, I wouldn't touch any of The Big 3 or anything like them with a 15-foot pole! They feel so unbearable, maudlin, and corny too me that I'm usually lambasted for having different tastes.

I'll check a few of those titles out. Although Soul Eater is very similar to the kinds of shounens I despise (I tried it up to somewhere around Episode 35.) It's way too hyperactive and anticlimatic for me. I could say the same for my Blue Exorcist impressions, but I've only see a couple of the first episodes to judge.
Is that Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm the kinda guy who can watch Lucky Star one moment, Black Lagoon right after, then Detective Conan, then Non Non Biyori, then D-Frag!, then Mirai Nikki, then Yowamushi Pedal, then Monster, then Ben-To, then Another, then Highschool DxD.

And then finish my day off with some Looney Tunes Show and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Something COMPLETELY different.

The next day, I start a marathon of Fate/Zero all day and watch Carnival Phantasm for the entire rest of the week.

So how about that Aldnoah Zero aka Humanity versus the Intergalactic Hypocrites!? =D

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
By popular fighting shounens you mean overly long running stuff like Naruto, One Piece and Bleach? Never read any of them. lol

Most shounen I've read aren't really mainstream: Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Attack on Titan (it runs on a Shounen magazine, I kid you not!), Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, and Assassination Classroom (runs on Shounen Jump, but it's quite different from your typical shounen manga).

The only exception: Fairy Tail.

*COUGH DBZ COUGH*

You guys put me to shame.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm the kinda guy who can watch Lucky Star one moment, Black Lagoon right after, then Detective Conan, then Non Non Biyori, then D-Frag!, then Mirai Nikki, then Yowamushi Pedal, then Monster, then Ben-To, then Another, then Highschool DxD.

And then finish my day off with some Looney Tunes Show and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Something COMPLETELY different.

The next day, I start a marathon of Fate/Zero all day and watch Carnival Phantasm for the entire rest of the week.

So how about that Aldnoah Zero aka Humanity versus the Intergalactic Hypocrites!? =D
Ok, that's kind of like me. Black Lagoon and Gurenn Lagann are great, but I also really like K-On and The IdolM@ster. I don't watch MLP or Looney Tunes though.

It's kind of like my taste in music. I enjoy rap, J-Pop, Jazz, and Orchestra music

You should atleast watch Pokemon for the sake of your current avatar. :p
As long as it's not the dub after Veronica Taylor gets kicked off.

Yeah, I can't watch those either. I do like DBZ though, but maybe cause I've watched that when I was little.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
FalKoopa, you gotta watch Akagi.
Trust me!
43980384_m.jpg

The noses are awesome. BELIEVE ME.

Actually I think this would perhaps be to Frostwraith's tastes more... apparently.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh, you mean Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride? Probably will check it out because I like his writing style.

One anime I've been interested in getting into is Kuro****suji. Seems to feel very similar to FMA: Brotherhood and its premise sounds cool too.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The one that feels less like your typical shounen is Assassination Classroom. It's the one that less shoves "power of friendship" down your throat. Magi has a lot of that crap at the beginning, but if you overlook that, you get a very enjoyable story.

As for Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist... The anime of those don't do the manga any justice.

It always up to me to mention DBZ.

Wherever there is anime talk in this thread, and DBZ isn't mentioned, I'll be there.
Let's face it, DBZ is overrated. Everything I know about Dragon Ball turns me off from the series.

There's much more to anime and manga than Dragon Ball. (Or any of the big 3, for that matter.)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Got some stuff for you guys. Picked these up at the book store. Nothing new but still great to see it.

Accidentally cut out Ike and Pac-man to the right

Sorry for the crappy photo quality. Phone camera is busted,

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I watched a couple animes like:
- Dragon Ball/Z
- One Piece
- Cowboy Bebop
- Naruto (Before they did the whole Rugrats: All Grown Up thing)

- To Love Ru
- Eureka 7
- Big O
- Samurai Champloo
- Full Metal Alchemist/Botherhood

Basically anything that has appeared on Cartoon Network on Saturday nights.

Also I've watched most recently:

- Attack on Titan
- Kill la Kill

Though I wouldn't really say I'm that much of an anime fan. I get bored watching similar tropes and character personalities/reactions in like most of them.

I real like watching Avatar the Last Air Bender and The Legend of Korra...even though it's not anime.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Let's face it, DBZ is overrated. Everything I know about Dragon Ball turns me off from the series.

There's much more to anime and manga than Dragon Ball. (Or any of the big 3, for that matter.)
I will ignore that first statement, it's an opinion and not a fact.

I want to watch other anime, but things like Attack on Titan and Space Dandy(?) have way too many episodes for me to watch.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Got some stuff for you guys. Picked these up at the book store. Nothing new but still great to see it.

Ooh. That's pretty interesting. I see some pictures I haven't seen before (for instance, the picture in the middle of the left page on the last picture with the Mii in it), but that's probably because I missed it in the past.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I will ignore that first statement, it's an opinion and not a fact.

I want to watch other anime, but things like Attack on Titan and Space Dandy(?) have way too many episodes for me to watch.
>Attack on Titan
>25 episodes / 59 chapters released so far
>Too many episodes
>>Has watched DBZ

Oh, the irony...

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If there are any you want me to focus on and take a picture of, I can. There was another magazine with some Smash Bros stuff but I couldn't get it tonight so I may pick it up tomorrow. Its all rehash information. Nothing new.

The first set of pictures was a free booklet at my bookstore (the same place that was giving out the fliers that were given out at WHOBBY), It also contains information on 3DS games and Wii U games. The second one was the Nintendo magazine, Nintendo Dream. It also came with a cute Lucina paper doll thing that I work probably work on, Also came with a Rune Factory manga that I am looking forward to reading (hmmmmmmm Rune Factory). Interestingly enough, it also contains a screenshot of Hyrule Warriors where the moon from Majora's Mask is bring brought down from the sky.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh, you mean Gen Urobochi's Wild Ride? Probably will check it out because I like his writing style.

One anime I've been interested in getting into is Kuro****suji. Seems to feel very similar to FMA: Brotherhood and its premise sounds cool too.
It's pretty damn good so far.

Also, enjoy the mild yaoi overtones, then. It is a fine series, though. ¦D

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If there are any you want me to focus on and take a picture of, I can. There was another magazine with some Smash Bros stuff but I couldn't get it tonight so I may pick it up tomorrow. Its all rehash information. Nothing new.
May I see the Mii picture I mentioned (last picture, center of left page, labeled "22") a bit clearer? It looks like it's to pick which Mii fighter you'd be using, but there's more than 3 options, so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Most shounen I've read aren't really mainstream: Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Attack on Titan (it runs on a Shounen magazine, I kid you not!), Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, and Assassination Classroom (runs on Shounen Jump, but it's quite different from your typical shounen manga).

The only exception: Fairy Tail.
I read every one of those that you've listed, lol. (also at least 30 more)

Have you heard of Tower of God? Going by the things you've listed, I feel you'd enjoy it.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Might want a close-up of the row of pics above Lucina's head. The first image there is especially convincing (could it be... Chrom?)

Staarih

Smash Master
I wonder what the Dark Pit notion under Palutena's poster says. Not that I await for a(nother) Dark Pit discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom