• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to have a strong fear of heights when I was little. I can handle relatively high places now, but that's just insane. I can just imagine if it were me climbing that place...ugh.

Well, over midnight here (July 2, I mean.)

:colorful: Happy Birthday to me! :colorful:
Happy Birthday!

I'm still trying to get your present from last year open...

:smash:
:?:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't really see what the big deal is.

They climbed what is going to be the third tallest building in the world. Ok. So what?
The reaction to high places is a pretty common fear for a lot of people where even see video of something like that from the point of view angles they were using in that video can be enough to trigger reactions in people. I even felt a bit of twitching when watching it so something to it I suppose.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly. I get more of a reaction, and that is just my heart speeding up, jumping from tall buildings into a haystack in AC then I did from that video. :/

Guess it's because I'm not affected by heights.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly. I get more of a reaction, and that is just my heart speeding up, jumping from tall buildings into a haystack in AC then I did from that video. :/

Guess it's because I'm not affected by heights.
It's a little bit different for those with fear or phobias of them. For example I'm pretty much a Spheksophobic or a person with an intense fear of Wasps. Though having wasps around obiviously triggers the sense of fear, moving images of them whether say outside a window or in a video can cause similar effects even though in my mind I know that what I am looking at isn't going to be able to sting me or is not even physically there. However still images or pictures of wasps don't have the same effect. I think there is something to be said the living signs of what you are afriad of can be just as bad as the real thing.

So I can easily see how a video of someone climbing up to a high place could trigger something in those with height phobias.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
IDK maybe it has something to do with climbing a 650 meter building with nothing but a parachute on your back?

Just a hunch.
The fact that they used a fish eye lenses on their video camera didn't help either. I'm 6'6 (about 2 meters) and I don't handle heights well. Part of it has to do with back when I was suicidal years ago I regularly fantasized about jumping off things to end my life. Now whenever I find myself in a high place and look down, I'm reminded of those memories and it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Happy Indian equivalent of a birthday. Dat ain't FalKo
It was locked for a few minutes before we got onto page 1000.
[WASN'T ME]It wasn't locked. Just temporarily hidden.[/WASN'T ME]

I have NEVER felt so uncomfortable watching a Youtube video in my life... WOW

Like how is this even possible??

N64 Rainbow Road is at least twice that high, and we drive upside down on that with only Lakitu and cheap plastic gliders.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have NEVER felt so uncomfortable watching a Youtube video in my life... WOW

Like how is this even possible??
I saw some dude tight rope between 2 hot air balloons. I don't have the balls to do that, even with a parachute.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If everyone pitches in with a few bucks, we could send a police officer to his house to strip for him.
No,wouldn't work. He lives in India.
Maybe some belly dancing instead?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Good god, I feel WAY too ****ing fabulous right now. XD

Maybe I'll try a different avy. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.