• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slowbro Style 01 [Gen 5 OU DW Tourney] ~ Grand Finals!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No we rule over it with a steel tail. :208:
I really hope you get infracted for that post, The Real Gamer. This is an issue among the community and we should be resolving the issue, not making jokes out of it.

Seriously. Can the community not come together to solve a dispute without stupid posts?

Again - if the community is completely capable and accepting of having two tournaments run simultaneously, then awesome! I would still prefer this be integrated into the queue, so tournaments may be hosted in an organized fashion. That's my opinion.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I really hope you get infracted for that post, The Real Gamer. This is an issue among the community and we should be resolving the issue, not making jokes out of it.

Seriously. Can the community not come together to solve a dispute without stupid posts.
It's pretty **** hard to take this stuff seriously when it's just the same crap over again: Ulti arguing with the mods and going nowhere.

We always make something over nothing what's really wrong with running multiple tournies at once with a cap of maybe 3 or 4 at a time? The only thing that's going to happen is an increase in activity how is that a bad thing at all? With the inclusion of blacklisting tournies SHOULD run more smoothly than they did in the past.

And you hope I get infracted?? That's quite honestly the lamest thing I've heard all month. Just listen to yourself.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know the whole point of Spire posting was to stop the drama or have the thread locked.

Where's the thread lock when we need it?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Then there's no discussion to be had here. Lock the thread and bump it back when it's your turn.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just got confirmation from the room mod that this game is not canceled and this is still on going.

M.K

Level 55
I gave him confirmation.
Theres no reason the PC shouldn't be able to handle more than one tournament at a time. The only counterarguments I see are hypothetical situations designed simply for the act of being an example of the worst case scenario.

That being said, if things do turn out badly, we can always revert back to one at a time.
There is no harm in the experimentation.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And people say forum support does nothing.

Chibo, I'll join as an actual contestant.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I've played and beaten at least 1 game from each generation since gen 1. I just downloaded Pokemon online last week too.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Standard Pokemon Online server

also btw since evidentally Shadow Tag Shandera is banned or something
Any rules on the standard PO server apply to this tournament as well for the time being

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If someone can not get on that specific server I wouldn't mind if you do your matches on a different server as long as you follow the same rules PO uses

Edit: Inconsistent is a new dream world ability that like 7 pokemon or so can learn that every turn random drops one of your stats by one and randomly sharply raises two other ones (including accuracy and evasion)
It's banned anyway on the PO server so I just figured I would put it in the rules

xFats

Smash Apprentice
taro it's a dream world ability that causes random stat changes at the end of each turn.
always in the form of +2 -1

baton pass da bess.

@Chibo, back in like november i made a pokemon online server for both AiB and SWF, but apparently they already had a "24/7" server up.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm reading around all I can for the exact ban list for PO and such, and while I can see definitely that Shandera and Shadow Tag is banned, it appears as if Shandera is just straight up banned, instead of just the pairing with him and the ability. I'm going to do some testing tonight on PO, find out the exact rules and such, etc, and I might modify them for this tournament and consider allowing Shandera and Inconsistent.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Rules r updated

no drizzle swift swim ban (even though it appears to not be on their server atm)
no shandera ban
deoxys-n added to ban list

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Dream World and no team preview is ****. But okay, whatever.

Chiko_
GMT+1
vanillatea, Chispas

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Perfectly even 16 man bracket, very nice. I'm going to begin making the bracket now and you guys will be able to start your matches in about 30 minutes or so.

Edit:
The bracket has been made, it is now in the OP.

Phase 1 - Winners Round 1

IceArrow vs Bloodcross
Keitaro vs Chiko_
Landry vs Wrath`
The Real Gamer vs vVv ChiboSempai
Fuel-bee vs BLM (black mage)
Moozle vs Angel.M <3C
Wave vs ss118
xFats vs vVv Rapture

Top Bottom