• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
Janitor come to Seattlesmash's event this sunday, i wanna free play people, not gonna do the tournament :p
Why can't you come out to the tournament? There will be plenty of free play there as well. 3 - 4 stations for free play and 3 - 4 stations for tournament. You should come.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
no no TourneyPlay guy, on sunday SeattleSmash is having their IRONMAN FFA thing (ta ta da da) but in addition they'll have free play - which is what i want to do.

For saturday (you guys), i think ill be able to make it, as long as we get some old school tvs.

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
My bad. I thought you weren't doing the tournament on Saturday. I'm glad I was wrong and I'll see you Saturday. Looks like we'll have several good players there.

shae_hawk

Smash Rookie
still around?

Hey are you guys still around and into Smash Brawl? My roomies and I are looking for more players to practice/challenge and also for local tournaments. Might be interested in playing online with friend codes also.

Fleche

Smash Rookie
Hey

Any of the old skypal guys still around?

This is Kyle. I used to roll up to Yagis with Jon, J-Dawg, and Wes. You guys still smashing, or have you stuck to eating spoonfuls of weird ****? Send me a message or something

zamora

Smash Cadet
id like to know too...

and where do u ugys play at...

i have been researching the area since i just moved up here from florida lol

and my brother doesnt know anyone on McChord afb that plays brawl

Frankdadank

Smash Rookie
Just wondering if there are any other people out there that are playing Brawl. Are there any tournaments or casuals that are happening around on the Eastside?

Eggz

Smash Hero
@ frankdadank - i suggest using your reading skills and looking more. theres a eastern washington university monthly thread like 2 or 3 spots above or below this.

@ everyone else tryna talk to skypal, they are never online. but this is definitely the way to summon them. they have ninja-like spidey senses when it comes to posts here.

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet
Hey Im new to the Smash Boards but I been playing Super Smash for a while now. Im from the northend ( Lynwood/ Mill Creek / Everett) and I was wondering if there are any players from this area as well. My friends and I have been lookin for competition but have not found any good local players.

Frankdadank

Smash Rookie
@ frankdadank - i suggest using your reading skills and looking more. theres a eastern washington university monthly thread like 2 or 3 spots above or below this.
When i said Eastside, I meant the Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Woodenville area. Not Eastern WA.

Frankdadank

Smash Rookie
Again, just trying to find different competition around Bellevue Redmond area. A couple of friend's and I have been playing and we'd like to see how we stack up against other competitive players. Feel free to send me a message on AIM. Any other gatherings going on in the area besides the GC ones?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Again, just trying to find different competition around Bellevue Redmond area. A couple of friend's and I have been playing and we'd like to see how we stack up against other competitive players. Feel free to send me a message on AIM. Any other gatherings going on in the area besides the GC ones?
Why are you too lazy to go anywhere beyond your own house? get off your *** and go to some tournaments.

Frankdadank

Smash Rookie
Why are you too lazy to go anywhere beyond your own house? get off your *** and go to some tournaments.
That's the whole reason why I'm posting up here in the first place. And what's up with the attitude? You treat all newcomers like this? We've been holding tournaments at a friends house the past few months, but it's mainly a bunch of people from srk.com, and I was told that this would be a great place to find competition in my area, and I would just like to see how I stack up against people that have been playing this game competitively since melee. So how about you stop being an *** and be a little more courteous to the fact that there are other people that are interested in seeing what the Seattle scene is like for SSBB.

CaptRandomGoodguy

Smash Rookie
That's the whole reason why I'm posting up here in the first place. And what's up with the attitude? You treat all newcomers like this? We've been holding tournaments at a friends house the past few months, but it's mainly a bunch of people from srk.com, and I was told that this would be a great place to find competition in my area, and I would just like to see how I stack up against people that have been playing this game competitively since melee. So how about you stop being an *** and be a little more courteous to the fact that there are other people that are interested in seeing what the Seattle scene is like for SSBB.

Hey frank, tyler here from sc2 days.

I play melee competatively, though not well.
If you want to play, gimme a call or message me on AIM.

And in reply to the smash forums. You have to remember that a lot of these players are kids. They have only been playing melee as a competative game. The only people they play against are other kids. THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY! So they don't have the respect that's earned from doing 10 years of REAL COMPETATIVE GAMING like you or me.

So just remember, give them a break, they don't know any better.

Oh, and if you read this and you aren't a person that I mentioned above, don't take offense to it. :D

Yagi

Smash Ace
hey, i'm in redmond and would play with you guys. might be able to get my friend jeff, too. let me know if you guys feel like getting together.

my friend, Kei (Takagi on the boards) went to a couple sc2 tourneys back in the day. don't know if you remember or even seen him.

CaptRandomGoodguy

Smash Rookie
hey, i'm in redmond and would play with you guys. might be able to get my friend jeff, too. let me know if you guys feel like getting together.

my friend, Kei (Takagi on the boards) went to a couple sc2 tourneys back in the day. don't know if you remember or even seen him.
We remember him, he's a super cool dude. He's the one that showed me how broken fox was back in the day.

Last I heard Kei was in japan? confirm/deny?

And I would like to play against you guys in melee sometime if you guys are still in redmond. I know a few of the digipen guys that would like to play too ( Jayce, Ben, Paul and Kevin )

If you don't know them that's fine. :D

Yagi

Smash Ace
We remember him, he's a super cool dude. He's the one that showed me how broken fox was back in the day.

Last I heard Kei was in japan? confirm/deny?

And I would like to play against you guys in melee sometime if you guys are still in redmond. I know a few of the digipen guys that would like to play too ( Jayce, Ben, Paul and Kevin )

If you don't know them that's fine. :D
Yeah, Kei is still living in Japan. =( And I know the digipen guys, but I haven't seen them in awhile. Unfortunately, my melee skills are extremely rusty. I've only played 2 or 3 matches since brawl came out. But I'd still play. Smash is too fun.

Chip.

you know what to do
HERO SUBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

that guy goes to digipen. and he's cool. yeah go play him.

I'll tell Deva you said hi ^_^

Elementology

Smash Rookie
Hey SKYPAL,

I got a chance to meet and play with you guys back in 04 along with a few of my buddies, we were all students at DigiPen at the time. My friend was the guy that ate that spicy stuff and had to be taken to the ER, lol. Hope all's well!

Top Bottom