• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skynet Gaming Smash Bros. Brawl West Michigan

rsr2

Smash Lord
Also, I agree we shouldn't beast on the new players (unless they specifically say dont hold back or something) I want people to leave this venue excited and hopeful, not demoralized.
Well I usually say to don't hold back anyway. The only way to learn and when Ori was Chain Grabbing me with IC's I lol'd and thought it was awesome >_>

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I lol'd at what the Youmacon people thought the cool.

Cool: IC chaingrab, and my skills at gliding as :metaknight:
Not Cool: :metaknight: ****** and :sheik: f-tilt

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, I think I account for more than just myself when I say let the locals have fun this time. Not to put anyone on blast, Roller, but CGing the locals will only ensure they won't come back (see: Ludington).
Also, I agree we shouldn't beast on the new players (unless they specifically say dont hold back or something) I want people to leave this venue excited and hopeful, not demoralized.
That's a hard lesson learned. Ludington has not recovered from the **** yet.
YOOOOOO. The second I walked in the door. The guy pointed at me. Gave me the most smug look I've ever seen. And said, "YOU. Play me." I count that as asking for it.
Guys, things may have taken a turn for the worse. Dakota's van is having serious issues and it may not be working in time for this. Here is his message he sent me on fb

"Dakota 'Yoshi' Minda
I won't be able to make it to Skynet cuz no one can figure out what's wrong with my van My dad is a mechanic and he can't, I tried Googling it and I can't find any remote answer to the problem. It's too unsafe to drive (hence why I can't go to college up north rofl.)
Sorry x.x; This seems to be a recurring theme for me."

We will try and figure out what to do I'm just here to bring the bad news :urg:
Is there not another car we can use??? =o

I realize we may not have another one with 7 seats, but if Lordy can find another way there. And maybe L could as well. At least the majority of us should be able to find a way...

Any chance of us being able to take the ORI_mom mobile?

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Lordy, I will be assisting Fishnax and Cheli with this so that the event is run smoothly and everything is seeded accurately.

:phone:
I want everyone to give it their all when they fight me. I'm pretty new to the competitive scene and I want to see how I match up against the East Michigan Players haha should be fun

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
YOOOOOO. The second I walked in the door. The guy pointed at me. Gave me the most smug look I've ever seen. And said, "YOU. Play me." I count that as asking for it.
Yeah, but that was Hellfyre, and he still plays. I got him on that competitive mindset before the tournament. Everyone else was just casuals looking to fight casuals.

Right now I'm looking into finding gas money to make it down to Skynet. Or a ride. One or the other - still need confirmation on housing though before I really look into it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That was a rental van since my mom's car was under repairs ;___;

Guys Dakota and I'll will try our best because we want this **** to happen.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Family vacation with 6 friends lolololololol but seriously dakota and i will brain storm.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I say Dakota, follows in his father's footsteps and becomes a mechanic. He shall surpass his old man and fix the "Problem that Cannot be Fixed". His father will be skeptical at first...for you see:

Dakota is a Yoshisexual and his father does not approve. But determined to gain his father's approval, Dakota and crew will seek to to fix "The Problem that Cannot be Fixed" They will go on epic journey the night before, for all the missing parts. They will learn about cars...but more importantly....they will learn about themselves.

It will be sunrise, the day of the tournament and the car will still be unusable. The crew will be discouraged..but Dakota..so desperate for that acceptance and loving embrace of a father figure, he will magically figure out the solution after a 10 minute long flashback reflecting his life. As the car starts running again..the sun will triumphantly shine in front of the garage...filling the crew with a sense of hope and satisfaction they have never experienced before.

They will make it to Skynet.

And they will ****. As fate dictates.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I say Dakota, follows in his father's footsteps and becomes a mechanic. He shall surpass his old man and fix the "Problem that Cannot be Fixed". His father will be skeptical at first...for you see:

Dakota is a Yoshisexual and his father does not approve. But determined to gain his father's approval, Dakota and crew will seek to to fix "The Problem that Cannot be Fixed" They will go on epic journey the night before, for all the missing parts. They will learn about cars...but more importantly....they will learn about themselves.

It will be sunrise, the day of the tournament and the car will still be unusable. The crew will be discouraged..but Dakota..so desperate for that acceptance and loving embrace of a father figure, he will magically figure out the solution after a 10 minute long flashback reflecting his life. As the car starts running again..the sun will triumphantly shine in front of the garage...filling the crew with a sense of hope and satisfaction they have never experienced before.

They will make it to Skynet.

And they will ****. As fate dictates.
... wow. lmfao.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
You guys better get that van fixed, too much hype to bail!!1

Cut me from the ride list regardless. I have a guaranteed ride there, and I should have no problem finding a way back.

I'll be able to record any matches played on my Wii. I guess I'll try to snake a good TV. I'll get there as early as possible because I'll need as many warm-up matches I can get

Roller

Smash Legend
Ori/Wuvs, is there not even a normal 4-5 seater that we could use for the day? I mean... It's a Sunday. Surely some family member could do without a car for the day. And if we had a typical 5 seater, it'd be tight, but at the very least 5 of us should be able to make it...

That only leaves one person, and L may be on the way for another car...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ori/Wuvs, is there not even a normal 4-5 seater that we could use for the day? I mean... It's a Sunday. Surely some family member could do without a car for the day. And if we had a typical 5 seater, it'd be tight, but at the very least 5 of us should be able to make it...

That only leaves one person, and L may be on the way for another car...
I'll talk with Dakota on skype tonight. maybe we should do a giant MI skype call lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

... wow. lmfao.
Yooooo Dan, I totally have more stories lined up.

From the frosty, Northern reaches of Michigan lies a man with an even frostier demeanor. One day while listening to the radio...he was entranced by the hit song "Poker Face" However, he soon find out the price for playing this deadly tune as he was cursed with "Poker Face Syndrome" Sadly...he no longer smiles.

The only cure: Kill Lady Gaga.

But he can't do it alone. Follow SK as he travels in search of allies, and his long lost emotions. Will he ever smile again?

Only one way to find out.....

:snake:

Omfg I'm so bored at right now LOLOL

Shocksauce

Smash Cadet
Question.. this will be my first tournament ever and I wanted to know if there will be people who want to play Melee at this tournament? I really have no idea what to expect, and there hasn't been a Melee tournament near me so I figure I'll go to this to see if I can meet any people around Grand Rapids who wanna play me.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'd be willing to play if someone brought it. But I wouldn't use my main until after Brawl Singles bracket is over. I start trying to do Melee things in Brawl if I play them back to back.

ZTD | TECHnology

Brawl :popo: are bad though we should be able to use them freely at this....

I mean...their grab range is hella bad..whats the worst that can happen...

:teeth:

Buffdaddy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just finally bothered to sign up on the forums after a Brawl withdrawl here at MSU, and noticed the tournament.

Assuming I'm still on the same sleeping schedule at that point, I'd be totally down with coming over and playing. And there's enough guys on the floor the play that (hopefully) I could con some of them into playing, too.

Will have to brush up on those skills, though. GnW isn't as polished as he used to be.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yooo, I am 100% going, someone is covering my shift but I will be leaving really late Saturday night so I might be like a Zombie at the tournament. Also Miles I am talking with the driver about the ride situation. We should be able to pick you up but we are not 100% yet. I will message you if we can ^_^

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yooo, I am 100% going, someone is covering my shift but I will be leaving really late Saturday night so I might be like a Zombie at the tournament. Also Miles I am talking with the driver about the ride situation. We should be able to pick you up but we are not 100% yet. I will message you if we can ^_^
Just lemme know so I can find a way to plan if things go south.

Buffdaddy

Smash Rookie
I guess I can volunteer my car, if anyone else in the Lansing area needs a ride.

Question: Do we have any idea how many people we're expecting thus far? Doesn't really affect my planing; just wondering.

Top Bottom