• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull bash is a amazing move

Zylar

Smash Ace
Other than K 2 who actually used the words (It is useless) in post #34, no one else actually said skull bash was useless.
Others said it sucked.
Other not.

But it's like everyone is using the same reasons to prove it sucks or doesn't suck. >.<

Cows

Smash Apprentice
it sucks to an extent, but it can also open up other moves keeping you ahead i guess.

I rarely use it while im touching the ground, its almost certainly too predictable then. And I love fishing for spikers :( . Pikachu has an amazing edgeguarding game, and you're exactly right it coaxes people off stage. The most important thing is learning how to avoid them, or in unfortunate events recover from spikes.
If you get spiked and cant get up using QA then thats sad. So why not take the chance and live a little lol. Just make sure you dont get spiked with somewhat high percentage if you can :p. After they are off the stage it makes it easier to get onto the stage (common sense) or kill them. So thats why i encorporate SB into my game. SO BLAH ON ALL WHO SAY IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!! :D

Zylar

Smash Ace
LOL Cows, you know 5ive or something?
Oh and even if it didn't suck, it's not better than the majority of pika's moves just because of its predictablitiy and how one can get punished.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Yay! That's one of its better uses imho.

I rarely use it while im touching the ground, its almost certainly too predictable then. And I love fishing for spikers :( . Pikachu has an amazing edgeguarding game, and you're exactly right it coaxes people off stage. The most important thing is learning how to avoid them, or in unfortunate events recover from spikes.

The title was mainly a joke. I just thought it was silly people were saying skull bash is useless.

LIES!

10lies

K 2

Smash Lord
Other than K 2 who actually used the words (It is useless) in post #34, no one else actually said skull bash was useless.
Others said it sucked.
Other not.

But it's like everyone is using the same reasons to prove it sucks or doesn't suck. >.<
Just to clarify, the context was on the discussion of using SB to recover. Someone made a statement that it isn't needed since QA is so good. I said SB's main use (recovery) wasn't needed due to QA, so it wasn't very useful.

Someone brought up the topic of...aerial movement?

I don't understand how pika is lacking in aerial movement...can someone explain to me how this is useful (sincere question)?

o0gosu0o

Smash Cadet
are you kidding me? Skull bash wins tourneys! Have you not watched Anther's vids? I mean how else does Pikachu plan to go under a stage? It's broken!:psycho:
well it seems that the majority of other people think it sucks balls, It would be nice if someone posted on why it is crappy, or why it is good.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
well it seems that the majority of other people think it sucks balls, It would be nice if someone posted on why it is crappy, or why it is good.
where in the hell have you been lol. We have been putting up why its good and bad lol. pay attention man.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
LOL Cows, you know 5ive or something?
Oh and even if it didn't suck, it's not better than the majority of pika's moves just because of its predictablitiy and how one can get punished.
No, it's just he's on my @$$ about grammar :p. Proper enough? lol

K 2

Smash Lord
^^^ stop double posting to raise your post count. Use the edit feature to add/delete stuff from your post. The edit feature is found right beside "Quote", "Multiquote", and "Quick Reply"

Zylar

Smash Ace
There is a starting animation to a dash, after it ends your doing a running animation.
So you pretty much just start a dash, and before the initial dash animation ends, dash in the opposite direction. Then you rinse and repeat.

Didn't Panda make his own version of tier list v2??? If I'm correct I think pika went up a little. I'll go check it out.
Ah, yes on that list we went up to 10th place. On the "official" tier list we were 12th.

Top Bottom