• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull bash is a amazing move

Zylar

Smash Ace
LOL, I've used skull bash more as a result of this thread.

The results : In internet battles the skull bash is great, outside of that, not so much. Only for surprises, sometimes recovery,

Tagxy

Smash Lord
i wouldnt recommend landing on the edge with it if they can edgeguard it. Instead go a la melee style.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
QAC->SB is still pretty awesome, though. I can't let anyone deny that it's pretty **** cool to QAC through your opponent twice, and Skull Bash them. Or maybe just QAC through them once and Skull Bash. Or QA through them once, QAC to a safe spot, predict their counter, then charge and release Skull Bash accordingly.

Mindgamez, son.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
i usually just jump off the edge and skull bash to an edge grab again so they dont know when im coming up and if i do get back on the stage after skull bashing to an edge grab i jump off the edge again and QAC into when i think they arent expecting it mind games again zun

Zylar

Smash Ace
Dude. Use punctuation alittle bit more. Pointless to post if no one can understand what your writing. I mean I can understand, but I actually have to take some time to understand.

Zylar

Smash Ace
No problemo!

i usually just jump off the edge and skull bash to an edge grab again so they dont know when im coming up and if i do get back on the stage after skull bashing to an edge grab i jump off the edge again and QAC into when i think they arent expecting it mind games again zun
Translation :
I usually edge jump (Presumeably away from the edge) into an uncharged skull bash, and as quickly as possible regrab the edge.
This way from now on they don't know how or when I'm getting back on the stage.
Also, if I do all that, I'll edge jump once more and QA through them when they least expect it.
I'll angle the QA so that after I go through them I'll hit the ground and do a QAC. (Not sure if that's possible.)
And once again skull bash can be used for mindgames son. (He was saying the same thing as Muhznit.)

Edge jump > skull bash > edge grab > edge jump > QAC

In his "sentence" he was contradicting. He said "If I do get back on the stage," "I'll jump off the edge." If he was back on the stage he couldn't jump of the edge. So I assumed he wasn't on stage. WAY TO MUCH EFFORT TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!!

K 2

Smash Lord
Oh I get it now. Thanks Zylar!

I had trouble telling where the sentences started and ended. All the misplaced modifiers and such threw me off >.< I also didn't know what "zun" meant, but then again, I didn't try too hard to read it either.

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
lol...(omg i better post somethin else. 5ive is wathcing -.-)
sb is slow and laggy, people can usually predict when it will happen.
and i would use it as a recovery if im high high in the air to get back to the stage so they cant hurt me.
its also cool to sb into an opponent, it has a whole bunch of knockback and can ko around 70-80%
;)

K 2

Smash Lord
SB only kills when its fully or partially charged. Uncharge SB...sucks.

SB is wonderful on wifi though. The lag screws them over when they try to powershield it >.>

Zylar

Smash Ace
Ahh, even spamming SB on wifi produces greats results. Not that I've done it. You know, its from what I hear... *hides* You can't really take many wifi matches seriously anyways.

To bad cows may never read what we've written.

Cows...
One day...
Must learn...
Grammer...

LOLOL.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
skullbash=slow and laggy
as a recovery=easily edgeguarded
recommendation=QA

easily edgeguarded but makes them get off the edge cause they lose their invincibility, and then use QA to grab the edge or else they get hit with QA and fall off the edge

otherwise they can edgeguard QA. even though its harder its still possible

hence skull bash isnt COMPLETELY useless. i incorporate it into my game often to throw people off. who is expecting a skull bash mid battle seriously. lol

its like tripping the opponent doesnt realize you tripped and its to late they miss a free hit :p

Cows

Smash Apprentice
ahh, Even Spamming Sb On Wifi Produces Greats Results. Not That I've Done It. You Know, Its From What I Hear... *hides* You Can't Really Take Many Wifi Matches Seriously Anyways.

To Bad Cows May Never Read What We've Written.

Cows...
One Day...
Must Learn...
Grammer...

Lolol.
Nevar!!!!!

Zylar

Smash Ace
easily edgeguarded but makes them get off the edge cause they lose their invincibility, and then use QA to grab the edge or else they get hit with QA and fall off the edge

otherwise they can edgeguard QA. even though its harder its still possible

hence skull bash isn't COMPLETELY useless. i incorporate it into my game often to throw people off. who is expecting a skull bash mid battle seriously. lol

its like tripping the opponent doesn't realize you tripped and its to late they miss a free hit :p
I don't recall anyone saying it is "COMPLETELY useless". Just not nearly as useful as the majority of pika's moves.

And where to you use your skull bashes, I mean high up the stage, double jump's height away, single jump away, below the stage, etc. Need to better explain.

BTW, first and last sentences were FAIL. Meaning, I'm not translating it to myself...

Cows

Smash Apprentice
I was just saying that people are saying just use QA to grab the edge when they are off of the stage. What if someone edgeguards your QA (even though i know its hard). Then you are helpless unless your opponenent is mentally ******** and hits you. Skull bash is a nice safe precaution.

If you use skull bash the other will jump to the edge to edgeguard correct? If they stay there too long you can QA into them on the edge and knock them off. Then safely get onto the stage while they are off of the stage completely.

If they dont edgeguard just start your edgegames.

Hope that explains the first sentence better.

As for the last sentence.

I was just saying if you use skull bash in mid battle out of nowhere it would be like you tripping on the other side of the stage (the unexpected skullbash in this case). They hesitate and miss their chance to hit you (shield in this instance). So in other words if you use it out of nowhere then the will hesitate and miss the shield maybe. Doesnt work all the time but its funny to me to see someone get hit with a slow move like skull bash.

Yes its slow and has lots of lag but it has decent knockback. Just do the peek-a-boo skullbashes (thats what i call them lol) when the opponent has higher health. It will suprise the crap out of them and knock them back further than normal. lol

Hope this explains it all a little better

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
IF they are hanging around the ledge you qa around them. or angle your qa so that if they dont grab the ledge you sweetspot, or if they do grab the ledge you go right by, and always angle a second hit regardless. you really dont need sb to sweetspot period. qa is far better, and i have seen it many times steal the ledge that they tried to take.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
If I was given a choice between skull bash and QA I'd choose QA in a heart beat. Luckily the game was created so that its incredibly easy to do both. With that in mind, I never waste a good skull bash recovery. If done right its virtually impossible to punish and can set you up for much more then a simple QA to the edge.. The worst thing that used to happen to me is someone would grab the ledge and I'd go under the stage, but a little practice allowed me to get to the ledge with QA right afterwards. Also, for some reason people love to try and edgeguard it, but you have a much greater aerial movement advantage then they do once they come off stage. The result is usually either them getting a skull bash to the face, or you getting to the ledge while theyre stuck off stage. Both are pretty good results. Another big thing is you cant be afraid of skullbashing under the edge. If thats the case then Skull bash will leave you vulnerable if your opponent is smart. Make sure to use the charging as a mindgame too, usually if you charge it high people will think you are going to hit them instead of the ledge, especially if your really close to the stage.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
If I was given a choice between skull bash and QA I'd choose QA in a heart beat. Luckily the game was created so that its incredibly easy to do both. With that in mind, I never waste a good skull bash recovery. If done right its virtually impossible to punish and can set you up for much more then a simple QA to the edge.. The worst thing that used to happen to me is someone would grab the ledge and I'd go under the stage, but a little practice allowed me to get to the ledge with QA right afterwards. Also, for some reason people love to try and edgeguard it, but you have a much greater aerial movement advantage then they do once they come off stage. The result is usually either them getting a skull bash to the face, or you getting to the ledge while theyre stuck off stage. Both are pretty good results. Another big thing is you cant be afraid of skullbashing under the edge. If thats the case then Skull bash will leave you vulnerable if your opponent is smart. Make sure to use the charging as a mindgame too, usually if you charge it high people will think you are going to hit them instead of the ledge, especially if your really close to the stage.
That is what im trying to say. Even if you miss the edge with sb the you can recover very easily. If they spike you and you cant get up with QA thats pretty bad. So dont be scared to do it because it opens you up to other attacks and options than just grabbing the edge. Well put tagxy thank you lol.

Zylar

Smash Ace
*slowly claps along* LOL

Cows, Taxzy, while I agree with everything (Excpet the edgehogged part, Stealth explained it well), you seem to make it more useful than it really is.

People can wise up about it pretty quickly (At least the ppl I've played.)

K 2

Smash Lord
*continues slow clap*

You should only use SB when you are high up. If you use it when you are parallel with the stage, you could get fsmashed (ike...) or spiked. It's really easy to predict and punish SB due to the horrible lag.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Thats why i said being able to do it below the edge is important. And ike isnt a problem, you can still go low and reach the edge.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
The problem with skull bash is, it's spike bait, and shouldn't be used if you can just QA instead. Also, are we only talking about recovering now, or does tagxy also use it as an attack, and on the stage?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
i ... use skull bash if i got knocked up really high
Yay! That's one of its better uses imho.
The problem with skull bash is, it's spike bait, and shouldn't be used if you can just QA instead. Also, are we only talking about recovering now, or does tagxy also use it as an attack, and on the stage?
I rarely use it while im touching the ground, its almost certainly too predictable then. And I love fishing for spikers :( . Pikachu has an amazing edgeguarding game, and you're exactly right it coaxes people off stage. The most important thing is learning how to avoid them, or in unfortunate events recover from spikes.
Oh and i'm wondering how come you decided to make this thread about it's amazingness, as in, what inspired you to do so? :confused:
Umm, didn't you start a thread titled "Skull Bash is an amazing move" ?
Aerial movement...
Additional aerial movement is great an all but I hardly see it as amazing.
The title was mainly a joke. I just thought it was silly people were saying skull bash is useless.

Top Bottom