• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull bash is a amazing move

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
I played a few matches with him. He uses skullbash well, but easily punishable. A lot of times he hit me with it because i was foolish, thinking he would grab the ledge all the time. Aha

-Stupid Noob

K 2

Smash Lord
It has way to much lag on it. In offline matches it can be (power)sheilded almost everytime and you will almost always be punished for it.

What's the difference between dash attack and an uncharged skull bash? They look the same, have about the same end lag, they do about the same damage and knockback...

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
It has way to much lag on it. In offline matches it can be (power)sheilded almost everytime and you will almost always be punished for it.

What's the difference between dash attack and an uncharged skull bash? They look the same, have about the same end lag, they do about the same damage and knockback...
Skull Bash has an eerie tendency to negate some projectiles. You can counter Samus' homing missles with it, Aura Spheres, and a few other projectiles. It's somewhat better than Dash Attack.

Skull Bash is a satisfying move to hit with, NOT an extremely good move. QA Forward->QAC Backward->Forward Skull Bash is always fun, but I think we have better options here.

K 2

Smash Lord
Oh ok, thanks Muhznit.

Skull bash only does 7% uncharged, which isn't that high for all the end lag it has. Also, it won't KO until really high percents (uncharged). Honestly, I don't see any high level players getting hit by skullbash, so hitting them with a fully charged skullbash is highly unlikely. I just don't see any use for it...

Tagxy

Smash Lord
<3 skull bash. Well sometimes I do get carried away with it (lol, sorry gf2). But yeah, don't write it off as a bad move. As stated it can be used to negate some attacks, gives you amazing horizontal movement in the air and stalling ability, awesome recover, etc etc. Oh yeah, like Boom was saying charge your skull bash and look like your going for the edge. If they walk away or look prepared (and are able) to punish it just hold it a second longer and hit the edge anyways. If they stay there then release early and give them a skull bash to the face. Sometimes you can hit the edge but instead of grabbing it, you keep flying over it and pwn anyone standing there. But yeah, dont use skull bash to much, predictably, or carelessly or you will get punished x.x (need to follow my own advice, haha) . But play smart with it and it will help you out.

Anyways, semi joke thread. Aside from recovery I probably only use it a few times a match, and mainly for added mobility (I have a habit of doing that with pika's moves, haha).

btw, do most people use skull bash as their primary recovery? It's almost always the first thing I use to get back to the stage and imo usually much safer then floating in + QA.

K 2

Smash Lord
Generally, I don't need to use SB to recover. It's not effective against characters with projectiles, since they will negate your momentum and cause you to fall down really far (due to the end lag). Pika can usually make it back easily w/o SB.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes you can hit the edge but instead of grabbing it, you keep flying over it and pwn anyone standing there.
Ah yes, perhaps one of the best ways of landing a healthy SB. They think you're going to grab the edge, but they're dead wrong. Emphasis on "dead":
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bu8wbybBWA Go to 2:06.

Even if it's a slow move with lots of lag, it has the most killing power of all of Pikachu's moves... it just takes some time to gain it. And boy, does it gain that quickly.

Also, I'd like to mention that among Air currents like Pokemon Stadium 2, Pikachu's Skull Bash is affected, his Dash attack is not.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
only good for teams or v.s. noobs
otherwise
it sucks
my ballz
only if you dont use it.
Generally, I don't need to use SB to recover. It's not effective against characters with projectiles, since they will negate your momentum and cause you to fall down really far (due to the end lag). Pika can usually make it back easily w/o SB.
its not that hard to avoid projectiles with a skull bash : / . Or at least Ive never had any. The idea of using it is to have more options. Id rather have QA closer to the stage then waste without needing to trying to recover. It guarantees that you will get the ledge.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
protip:
play like pichu players. roll to one end of the stage and charge it all the way. lmao

Top Bottom