• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 2 Results

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
So which one of you guys owned the wii with that star fox sticker on it?(I think that's what it was)
I have some torrrrrrrrrrrrnament sets on thurr and I'd like the replays. (vs atomsk and to.joe)

Send me those replays on your wii dulor!!(#3) I have sets vs stockfield, seibrik, pwii, uber and silveralloy on it

What's The Point

Smash Master
Why were the textures constantly put back on the main Wii after they had to be taken off several times due to player request and crashes?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
So which one of you guys owned the wii with that star fox sticker on it?(I think that's what it was)
I have some torrrrrrrrrrrrnament sets on thurr and I'd like the replays. (vs atomsk and to.joe)

Send me those replays on your wii dulor!!(#3) I have sets vs stockfield, seibrik, pwii, uber and silveralloy on it
That would be my Wii.

:018:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I only won one tournament set and got 33rd out of 141 entrants, that's how you know I'm still the best diddy.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
wooooop good **** keitaro and CT for putting this on, never seen a more hype tourney, holy **** @ the upsets

Shoutouts to everyone I played in pools and dubs, especially my jokes set w/ bloodcross

Shoutouts to Ed, Nickriddle and Orion for bringing the **** talk wars. Shoutouts to Will for being Will. Shoutouts to V115 because weiners or something. Shoutouts to Astro for being an IRL troll. Shoutouts to Shaya for putting up with my bull**** on smashboards AND real life. Shoutouts to Chris Fisch and YoshQ for putting on some hype dubs performance. Shoutouts to everyone I talked to cause I love this community. SHOUTOUTS TO KEITARO FOR FORCING ME OUT OF RETIREMENT BY NOT REMOVING ME FROM MY UNPAID POOL, WTF MAN

tourney was great, apologies to everyone who had to see my cleavage on player cam

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I bid all of you a hearty farewell since I decided I'm probably not going to apex anymore, now time to sleep on this bus for 12 hours

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey folks, if you're wondering your position if you didn't make it out of pools

If you got 5th place in your bracket pool, you were 65th
If you got 7th place in your bracket pool, you were 97th
If you got 9th place in your bracket pool, you were 129th

5th would've been one win away from the bracket
7th means you lost back to back most likely unless you played in the non bye round with the other 9th placer
9th mean you were in the nonbye position and lost back to back

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why were the textures constantly put back on the main Wii after they had to be taken off several times due to player request and crashes?
Because it looks "good."

Also, I hate the phrase "shout outs" now. So friggin' overused. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
I had fun. Thanks to everyone who played me in the sets that I played people with.
Next time I will be more on point, was screwing up a lot of my tech stuff.
And crusade was fricken fun. Fricken love Krystal.
Wished that All Brawl was top two out instead of one though...

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Keitaro, I hear you're going to upload your SD card to the internet with all of your stage textures and custom music. If it's not already out, when can I expect to see it?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I had tons of fun here and playing oos has shifted my perspective on how to play the game. I will do much better come Apex.

Master Raven

Smash Master
btw I have matches vs Jband and Hinkage (games 2 and 3) saved on a Wii. It was the one at the far left corner.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Textures are cool and all, but in the end you are damaging the visual element of the game alot (which is the only thing players can rely on consistently). I'm glad ADHD brought it back after what happened on FD though, but I hope in the future you guys keep the textures more mild so that doesn't happen. It sucks to have the SD card taken out when you have such a cool vibrant menu and hype songs playing.

Also isn't bracket pools just one massive bracket where you manipulate everything after the first 3 rounds to make it fit a certain bias? I've heard its standard for other fighting games, but I don't see where there is a point.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Atl. South ZSS too stronk.

This tournament was too fun. I can keep motivation now and place in the money at the next event.
Shaky and I are actually going to be able to practice before our next major event, so I can't imagine how amazingly spectacular that'll be.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Let it forever be known that Vinnie is a real bro

Tesh

Smash Hero
That happens anyways with making pools and then brackets after pools. So might as well do real bracket pools imooooooooo (don't get mad at me gais)

RR pools are reseeded because its not practical to do a 150 man round robin pool to find the best player (Even though it would be the most accurate way).

bracket pools takes longer than one big bracket because you knock people in to losers just to put them back into winners

i just want to better understand the benefit of doing bracket pools instead of one big bracket (aside from inserting bias into the middle of the bracket)

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
The way actual bracket pools work is that they're supposed to be part of 1 giant bracket.
In the fgc if you lose in pools but make it out in losers, you're in the losers bracket outside of pools.

Smash bracket pools are basically a way to slowly get people used to the idea of these kind of pools.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn ally
In 2010 you where the maaaaaaaaaaaaan ally
what happened to you? :denzel:

Also shoutouts to no mks in the top 4. Something actually worth watching at a national for once!!!! Except I couldn't really see anything you know what I'm sayin? :denzel:

I'm out of practice, I have no one to practice and I don't really care anymore, I'm kinda done with Brawl, Apex's my last tournament hopefully. Though had I beat MVD but destiny said nope, I think I would have made it to grand finals vs ADHD.

Good stuff everyone. This was still a really good tournament, Florida didn't win (geez imagine if they did) and mostly...

Zero didn't win.

Tesh

Smash Hero
But, isn't it still just bracket manipulation based on who comes out on top? For example, if TO joe got top seed in his pool, would you put him in the same spot you put Pwii? If so, then why separate the brackets? If not, isn't that just blatant bias?

What if we got to winners semis and decided to swap MVD and Denti because it would be more interesting or accurate?

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
You don't play for seeding in bracket pools, you play to continue further into the bracket. Its basically doing just 1 big bracket but separating the start of that bracket into pools to run the event faster.

If you want to see what it looks like and how it'd pan out just look up the EVO melee pools and stuff.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I will never understand "true" bracket pools.

Like, they're not even pools. Just a big bracket. Separated into bite sized pieces that... look neater than a 150 man bracket. It doesn't even take less time because the same amount of matches are being played anyways. >_>

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I mean, I don't disagree with that. I think it's much easier to do it that way. However, don't call real bracket pools "pools" because they're not pools. They're just part of the bracket. Events featuring bracket pools don't have pools for seeding, they're just doing a bracket.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I mean, I don't disagree with that. I think it's much easier to do it that way. However, don't call real bracket pools "pools" because they're not pools. They're just part of the bracket. Events featuring bracket pools don't have pools for seeding, they're just doing a bracket.
Fair enough. I think the discrepancy here has to do with the fact that we have a different definition of "pools" than the FGC does, so the fact that we're adapting their bracket "pools" leads to some misalignment in what getting the "pools" label really means.

Top Bottom