• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skill Levels; What do you guys think?? Rate 'em.

-PM-

Smash Ace
no like you now by are things where we have are online and he has his BRoomer thing he should have something next to it thats a medal and says M.T. on it =P

The King

Smash Ace
Techskill doesn't mean **** by itself, and certainly won't vault anyone into "legendary" status or w/e some people are saying. Nothin' against Silent Wolf and all, I know he's got a lot more in his game than just speed. But if you don't have the mindgames, spacing, and the matchups under your belt, tech skill is just something to keep you entertained when you're bored. I can't even L-cancel 90% of the time and I still ****.

And yeah, Eggz & SW < M2k, PC, Kdj, Chu, Ken. If you think otherwise you obviously have never been outside Washington. Those guys are at the pinnacle.

King Out

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I would fit in to the above-average by most of the standards you set, other than tournament-related ones. I don't go to many tournaments; the few that I go to I get owned in. I got eliminated third round because I fought one of the finalists. It always seems like everyone I fight is either years of experience ahead of me or just starting.

For the people who seem like they are just starting, it's always fun to laugh when I find out they've played longer than I have.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
No offense Silent Wolf but Dashizwiz is definitely more technical than you because of this video right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imGgA8qCYJQ

That video is the most amazing show of tech skill i have ever seen. Now on a more serious note... King, you dont need to l-cancel thats y u cant. I mean seriously this proves u dont need to l-cancel (you just auto cancel lol):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Well thats enough vids for today. Well how about this...what the most technical state?!?!?! I know FL has pretty technical, hey silent wolf what about WA state?

Eggz

Smash Hero
No we're not. lol.
Like forward said:

God Hands:
M2k, PC, Chu would prolly go in there too

Pros:
Darkrain, Ka-Master, Drephen, etc...

Mid:
Phatgamer, Eggz, Watty, etc...

Mas:
Everyone below that.
other quote said:
I'm lyke an uber pro lyke ka mizzle
LoL stop acting like you Ammon and Nate are leagues above me, its been annoying me for a pretty long time.

forward

Smash Champion
I think PC is the most technical player. That guy almost never messes up.

Then I'd say M2k is also there with him. His timing is god like

LoL stop acting like you Ammon and Nate are leagues above me, its been annoying me for a pretty long time.
Leagues, no. I do believe that we are on a separate level though. Not an entirely different stage of skill though. The way I posted that may have seemed that way, but it's not like that makes you a set skill level behind us, it's not like every player in the "mid" section or w/e is at equal skill. Your not THAT far behind us really.
if you were on our level though, you probably would have beaten people I have. ie Lunin, Dav3, Lunaris. W/e.
I'm mainly basing this on OOS or major tourneys. (What count) Not saying locals don't count for anything, but still.

Top 5 on our PR I'd say go like this: (10 just being WA limit as of now)

ammon - 10
Me - 9.8
Nate - 9.5
You - 9.05
Dan (it might be teddy, ill just do dans though...) - 8

Whatever, you're pro and you know it. Don't know why I had you in mid, w/e, doesnt matter.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Leagues, no. I do believe that we are on a separate level though. Not an entirely different stage of skill though. The way I posted that may have seemed that way, but it's not like that makes you a set skill level behind us, it's not like every player in the "mid" section or w/e is at equal skill. Your not THAT far behind us really.
if you were on our level though, you probably would have beaten people I have. ie Lunin, Dav3, Lunaris. W/e.
I'm mainly basing this on OOS or major tourneys. (What count) Not saying locals don't count for anything, but still.

ammon - 10
Me - 9.8
Nate - 9.5
You - 9.05

Whatever, you're pro and you know it. Don't know why I had you in mid, w/e, doesnt matter.
Alright cool, I agree with that. =]

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000

ammon - 10
Me - 9.8
Nate - 9.5
You - 9.05

yes eggz is a pro, I = 1.5 maybe even 0.7 lolz

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
JW did any1 actually watch that vid?!?!?! And second... i think this thread was for discussion of the "tiers" of skill... not for every1 to say how good they are.

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
On the 1-10 scale I would be maybe a 5 or 6 at maximum. I haven't been to any tournys(CURSE YOU GODFORSAKEN SUBURBS OF CHICAGO!)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Ima end it lol. Was my post really that stupid though lol? Oh wait... it was a vid of dashizwiz dancing and king auto-canceling... MY BAD!!!

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Thats what i thought...LIES!!!!!! Btw thats what he said too O.o And what about Helios... isnt he still good?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well Forward TRAIN ME PLEASE I gotta know when you come back to MD stay @ Chu's and I will BE THERE

mario-man

Smash Lord
Why do all of the n00bs and children agree with this thread, but everyone above that doesn't?? LOL

Repryx

Smash Champion
I'd say Thats because Its really hard to Just put a ranking on anyone in between N00b and ELite since I can play you 2nite, Lose 19 times wake up 2morrow and 3 stock you assuming you are above average....THere are no REAL steps in between....Just improvement

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm gonna hafta go ahead and put myself at Legend. Here are some of my Smash accomplishments:

-Stealing a car with chillindude829 at *Pound* 2
-Stealing a fifty pound bag of potatoes from Five Guys, going to a tournament, then having g-regulate knee a potato
-Stealing another bag of potatoes a month or so later
-g-reg once zero to death kneed me four times in a row at the start of a tournament match (that should count for at least worst DI)

>___>?

Top Bottom