• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skies of Arcadia Mafia - Game Over! Indy (AM) Wins!

Go more into detail as to what you're thinking right now, all you're giving me in your post is underhanded comments without any meat to them.
Don't see how this a factor? Okay, and you felt the need to comment on it for what reason?
It's not a factor for Legolas pushing one side of the slot to post, it's null if anything considering it is not detrimental to play, more to subjective opinion as to who he wanted to lead. Yeah but everything you said has no substance, you might have been trying to give paper trails but you forgot to give us [i[reason[/i] to follow your paper trails. I feel like your whole post was rushed and put in an attempt to look townie by trying to cram.
Yeah, my vote isn't gonna change anytime soon.

I see it now. You're trying to solve for this variable--you just wanna get your work done! You started this equation with a guess and now you're trying to finish the problem instead of trying to be correct. Do the math, you zetta son of a digit, don't just fly through the lines. Where's your beauty?

Ex. #3

No, I'll be reading them on their own play, meta is a scent, but it's not a tell. Why did you specifically ask this question? I realize you might have problems reading hydras but why specifically ask this question?

Can't help but agree with Gorf on this one.

Heh, this digit just inversed the matrix. The first set throws out some irrational integers mixed with some negative numerals, but then he loads the second set with a positive one? Does he find the Rake variable positive or negative?

Odd question, You doubt my mafia skills or something? I won't get lynched because i'm town, and i'm certainly not a pushover or someone to get lynched easily anymore, no idea why you felt to call out two players you considered weak without looking at background history.

Y so defensive?

The second proof didn't solve like I expected! I missed a variable in the equation and it altered the entire conclusion.

Since I'm not Xonar I can't answer your question Soup.

However I can offer a counterpoint to your accusation of Orboknown. While it's true that his response to you was kinda safe ("I didn't say he was totally scum, just that I didn't like that"), it's nothing that I wouldn't expect any frightened newbie to do, regardless of alignment.

Also I'm having a hard to wrapping my head around an Orboknown scum attacking my slot so soon. It seems a lil' gutsy for newbie Orboknown to attack someone that could probably wreck his ****. The accusation against us is dumb and he should of toke that as null, but that in itself actually makes it seem like he's trying to scumhunt. Like, his dumb accusation is exactly what I would expect out of newbie town who didn't really know what to look for.

Anyways Rockin seems more legit scummy anyways. You agree with Rockin scum right? the construction of his post seemed phoney (the questions he asked, way he spoke to Marshy). I think I'm feeling better parking my vote here.

vote: Rockin

It's always within the Rockin variable's standard deviation to include defensiveness. You won't get much out of that proof. But your Orbo proof is solid work.

Jdian! Show me the proofs for problems Gorf and JTB that you're working on! Then let me check my answers against yours!

Also, you should show your work for that Legolas formula you've been dangling! Where's your beauty, Jdian?

KevMath! While my beauty knows no bounds, I can't do all the math alone in this test. Can you collaborate with me please? I need some help tutoring on Soup and I could also use a mind on the J variable.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
town. would you like to be friends?

:phone:

AM, amusing person yes, but break it down for me. Is he correct with what he is saying or what? Also talk to me about Gorf after I point out these things.

Oh yeah, Ghebby is scum hmmmm?

Gorf, your posts this game are incredibly hollow/don't lack explanation, lemme show ya what I mean:

Digging the Orbo hate. I'm on the wagon in spirit :)
Idk @ Lego. Nothing really says scum tryna slide by to me, it seems more like just... Stuck on nothing. I mean I could see where you're coming from, but what makes you think my scenario ain't so?

Oh and yea swordy I still wanna see watchu got.
Actually after reading his last two posts I'm down for Rockin.

vote: orbo

vote: rockin
These three posts are just you "digging" the Orbo hate but you don't give any reason whatsoever as to why you are feeling that way. Nor do you when you "vote" Orbo in the third post. You do the exact same thing with your Rockin vote by saying "i'm down for Rockin" without giving any justification as to why. You seem to be bandwagoning just the popular thought at the current time without doing much of pulling your own weight or actually looking like you wanna find scum, but just lynch people atm.

Also when asked for an opinion on Lego, you don't give a full stance but more try and back out of thee stance and then provide a way to get out of it if the reason isn't that well thought up. Can you give me a solid read on Lego? What does "stuck on nothing" do for you in terms of read? You have marked out the option of it being a scum-tell so is it null or towny to you with what they are doing?

FoS: Gorf

Jdian! Show me the proofs for problems Gorf and JTB that you're working on! Then let me check my answers against yours!

Also, you should show your work for that Legolas formula you've been dangling! Where's your beauty, Jdian?
Proofs are shown above for Gorf. JTB is just a sheepy sheep like normal and that is one of his biggest null tells in my past experience. For me, it will be shown when he actually begins to start posting and giving us things to draw connections from.

Lego is a curious case for me. I have a vibe they are leaning scum for me just based on their few posts they do have. I don't agree to the Rockin suspicion because of this post:

Lego said:
Also I'm having a hard to wrapping my head around an Orboknown scum attacking my slot so soon. It seems a lil' gutsy for newbie Orboknown to attack someone that could probably wreck his ****. The accusation against us is dumb and he should of toke that as null, but that in itself actually makes it seem like he's trying to scumhunt. Like, his dumb accusation is exactly what I would expect out of newbie town who didn't really know what to look for.

Anyways Rockin seems more legit scummy anyways. You agree with Rockin scum right? the construction of his post seemed phoney (the questions he asked, way he spoke to Marshy). I think I'm feeling better parking my vote here.
He takes more time trying to explain his confusion w.r.t. Orbo, but he qualifies the read more to suggest that he is town which I do agree upon, but again that's not the issue I have. The issue I have lies in the part where he goes into detail about his Orbo read>Rockin read, especially when he votes Rockin in this very post. He just says "Rockin is scummy. You agree right? His post is bad. Good with my vote." without even going into any detail as to why Rockin is actually scummy.

Then when asked by Gorf to back up said suspicion, he does this:

Lego said:
Gonna have to leave the overall question to Swordy though :v
I feel like there's a lack of intent to keep things moving. It's a dull post, not sharp and lacks pressure.
Which isn't a real answer so I am waiting on Swords to back up his RockinScum read.

Another point that goes back up to the Gorf suspicion, he votes Rockin based on this post and the fact of Rockin's past two posts but doesn't explain anything about why Rockin should be lynched which just brings up ".....?"'s to my head.

Speaking of which I missed a question while rechecking their posts:

Lego said:
I would still like more opinions on Soup. J, MMMan, WL/Ryker you guys?
Soup is a town lean from what I am seeing and I do not get the vibe that AM is pointing out because for a few reasons, I don't understand half of what they are saying unless I read over it a few times and even then, I don't see what is scummy about Soup's actions this game. The thing I could see as scummy from Soup is his push on Orbo looks incredibly weak, but after that, I don't see it at all.

AM, Gorf lynch+Gheb investigation+Lego Lynch*dependent on cop Bingo or not*? What makes you of that? *Factor Soup out of the equation for now*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Another point I don't like about Lego is that their posts are more filled with air than actual content that is sticking. It feels they are just saying a bunch of words without much into them and even at this moment I can't recall much solid info from that slot besides the fact that I do not care for their explanations on things at all.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
J I read the very first sentence of your suspicion of me, and I gotta say that I can't elaborate cuz I'm merely mobile. Today and yesterday will probz combine for about 20 mins of comp time, but I'll be getting a move on.

Will read rest after I leave my house.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yea @ J I'll have to get back to you for the nitty gritty wrt orbo and my rockin change, but I assure you it's there mang. Oh and @ the Lego thing, at the time I had no opinion on em, but the quote you quoted was at Lego regarding rockin. At the time I didn't agree with their suspicion of em, but when I saw rockin continue to keep up with that lack of actually doing stuff, it tipped me off. Like I said, I'll go into detail when I can, but yeah why do you think what you said is scummy when really you could say the exact same for someone like marshy (who you obviously think isn't scummy) or JTB (which you shouldn't think is scummy)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since I'm not Xonar I can't answer your question Soup.

However I can offer a counterpoint to your accusation of Orboknown. While it's true that his response to you was kinda safe ("I didn't say he was totally scum, just that I didn't like that"), it's nothing that I wouldn't expect any frightened newbie to do, regardless of alignment.
Is he really a frightened newbie though? Seems like people don't take his actions / posts quite at face value because his 'newbie' status makes them weigh less in peoples' minds. I don't think he should treat him differently though - scummy actions are still scummy and it's his job to defend himself, not yours.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
J, I like your points on Gorf way better than about Lego. The Lego / Soup / Rockin circle jerk-thing seems to be plain dumb and I'm pretty confident that Lego is town [can go into detail about either claim but I'd rather not].

Gorf's non-commitment on the other hand is straight-up lame.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@AM's case on Soup

Idk what to think. I feel like AM's writing style kinda makes the case look bigger than it actually is and I'd like to see in what direction the exchange envolves before I make a decision. From his exchanges with Rockin and Lego I didn't get a scum-vibe from Soup. #162 and #164 don't seem like AM cares too much about differing between Soup being wrong and Soup being scum. So far his comment on Rockin in post #167 is the only point of AM that I'd consider spot-on right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orb / Lak are still my prefered lynches. Orb has gone quiet ever since people started to pile votes on him and Lak hasn't really done anything more than some common-sense comments on minor stuff plus 'creating discussion'.
JTB and Rake also have done like ... nothing so far. I really hope this isn't the kind of game that scum just lurks through while townies bash each others heads.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Agressive Mediation said:
I finished one of the formulas for this game already and it solved to this:

Soup=scum

Agressive Mediation said:
Soup Obviously Has Changed About Having This Opinion Alarmingly

The Standard Deviant obviously assumes that to solve for Gheb, you have to use care>normal. Yet Gheb post+1=Soup solving his formula for town? Gheb≤null? So where is your beauty?
Not sure what you're trying to say here AM, I agreed with an assessment that Gheb put forward regarding LAk but it did not factor into my Gheb read at all. Is that what you're trying to pin me on? Your math lingo is slightly confusing but hopefully i'll learn.

Ex. #2

What is this, guess and check?
My vote on Orbo? No, I explained my reasoning right after he provided enough content and responded to my question, which by the way you want to turn into reasoning.

Myself said:
Go more into detail as to what you're thinking right now, all you're giving me in your post is underhanded comments without any meat to them.
This is a question presented to give Orbo bait, either he corresponds like I want him to or he doesn't, you can't tell me you're trying to bring reasoning that my reasoning was far too loaded and therefore fake? Because this is all you're presenting right now, that my intentions are flawed and that they are fake. Have you considered your read on Orbo? What do you disagree on me with? You think he's town or something? If so, tell me.

I see it now. You're trying to solve for this variable--you just wanna get your work done! You started this equation with a guess and now you're trying to finish the problem instead of trying to be correct. Do the math, you zetta son of a digit, don't just fly through the lines. Where's your beauty?
But it wasn't a guess, Orbo's opening post was bad and I had every reason to pursue it, I don't want to hear more about this and i'm much more concerned on how you're factoring Orboknown in this proposterous equation of yours.

Heh, this digit just inversed the matrix. The first set throws out some irrational integers mixed with some negative numerals, but then he loads the second set with a positive one? Does he find the Rake variable positive or negative?
All a means of information hunting, every quesiton I present has a reasoning behind it and I have priority in my play, I suppose I could make the same argument for Orbo but they're completely different and I tend to do things differently with certain players based on how well they react to things, I felt that question was neccessary for that purpose.

Y so defensive?
Because the quesiton was bad and put there for no reason whatsoever only to slightly instigate something, either Rockin is gonna back it up (which he didn't) or he's gonna flop over on his own purpose of asking it in the first place.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
J, I looked over your suspicion on Gorf and I have to say I don't really agree with it, i've seen Gorf play like this before and I think as long as he's hopping on the right wagons I don't really have a problem with him. What are your reads on Rockin/Orbo right now anyways? You seemed to ignore that whole situation completely.

I've got legolas as null-town, and mostly based on personal reasons, I liked their statement towards me about my playstyle and I could tell that (likely) Swords was curious about my change in behavior, I think it was townie to look into it.

Gheb, do you still want LAK based on policy still or do you feel like they are playing non-committal? I'm giving them room to breathe but i'll consider them if they ever go inactive, which i'm really hoping won't be the case this game.

If you feel I'm scum, then be sure to add more steam this time Calling me out and not doing anything doesn't mean you were right :B

Also, I was pretty unmotivated that game. A lot of vets in the game and none of them I was buddies with? Lame.

This game is different cause it's SKIES OF ARCADIA! w000000t!

I see a bit of unfamiliars in this game.

Orobo, soup - give me a legitimate reason of why none of you two should be lynched toDay?
@Everyone: This part of Rockin's post is what started the suspicion for me. It felt like it was "forced." Like Rockin was just saying things for the sake of saying them. Why even say the first 4 lines? The first two I can see, but the next two felt kinda phoney. Plus I have no idea where he was actually planning to go with that question.

Soup said:
I've got legolas as null-town, and mostly based on personal reasons, I liked their statement towards me about my playstyle and I could tell that (likely) Swords was curious about my change in behavior, I think it was townie to look into it.
Actually, it was Xonar who was curious about your change of behavior. However, I (Sworddancer) was the one asking others what they thought about Soup. I guess since most people have gave me an opinion, I can reveal my motive for that now.

You see, I first asked people what they thought of Soup after his first two posts in the game because he was actually my first suspicion in the game, reason being that I thought his first two posts were "trying to hard (I'll quote them if people want." I just wanted first to see if others shared my feelings before letting them on.

I don't know if Xonar agrees with me on this though, but I no longer see Soup as scum (will explain this why in the upcoming posts).

Odd question, You doubt my mafia skills or something? I won't get lynched because i'm town, and i'm certainly not a pushover or someone to get lynched easily anymore, no idea why you felt to call out two players you considered weak without looking at background history.

Good to consider, but realize some players have nothing to hide and just want to give general advice, I like what you're doing right now, though. Keep it up.
AM, if you dislike Soup, then tell me what you think of these two quotes?

AM, amusing person yes, but break it down for me. Is he correct with what he is saying or what? Also talk to me about Gorf after I point out these things.

Gorf, your posts this game are incredibly hollow/don't lack explanation, lemme show ya what I mean:

These three posts are just you "digging" the Orbo hate but you don't give any reason whatsoever as to why you are feeling that way. Nor do you when you "vote" Orbo in the third post. You do the exact same thing with your Rockin vote by saying "i'm down for Rockin" without giving any justification as to why. You seem to be bandwagoning just the popular thought at the current time without doing much of pulling your own weight or actually looking like you wanna find scum, but just lynch people atm.

Also when asked for an opinion on Lego, you don't give a full stance but more try and back out of thee stance and then provide a way to get out of it if the reason isn't that well thought up. Can you give me a solid read on Lego? What does "stuck on nothing" do for you in terms of read? You have marked out the option of it being a scum-tell so is it null or towny to you with what they are doing?

FoS: Gorf

Proofs are shown above for Gorf. JTB is just a sheepy sheep like normal and that is one of his biggest null tells in my past experience. For me, it will be shown when he actually begins to start posting and giving us things to draw connections from.

Lego is a curious case for me. I have a vibe they are leaning scum for me just based on their few posts they do have. I don't agree to the Rockin suspicion because of this post:

He takes more time trying to explain his confusion w.r.t. Orbo, but he qualifies the read more to suggest that he is town which I do agree upon, but again that's not the issue I have. The issue I have lies in the part where he goes into detail about his Orbo read>Rockin read, especially when he votes Rockin in this very post. He just says "Rockin is scummy. You agree right? His post is bad. Good with my vote." without even going into any detail as to why Rockin is actually scummy.

Then when asked by Gorf to back up said suspicion, he does this:

Which isn't a real answer so I am waiting on Swords to back up his RockinScum read.

Another point that goes back up to the Gorf suspicion, he votes Rockin based on this post and the fact of Rockin's past two posts but doesn't explain anything about why Rockin should be lynched which just brings up ".....?"'s to my head.

Speaking of which I missed a question while rechecking their posts:

Soup is a town lean from what I am seeing and I do not get the vibe that AM is pointing out because for a few reasons, I don't understand half of what they are saying unless I read over it a few times and even then, I don't see what is scummy about Soup's actions this game. The thing I could see as scummy from Soup is his push on Orbo looks incredibly weak, but after that, I don't see it at all.

AM, Gorf lynch+Gheb investigation+Lego Lynch*dependent on cop Bingo or not*? What makes you of that? *Factor Soup out of the equation for now*
Wait, so you think me and Gorf are scum because we didn't "explain things?" You do know that's not a reason to have someone as scum, right? How is this accusation any different from simply saying that we're not playing optimally?

Another point I don't like about Lego is that their posts are more filled with air than actual content that is sticking. It feels they are just saying a bunch of words without much into them and even at this moment I can't recall much solid info from that slot besides the fact that I do not care for their explanations on things at all.
Quotes? I don't know what you're expecting me to do with so little material.

Is he really a frightened newbie though? Seems like people don't take his actions / posts quite at face value because his 'newbie' status makes them weigh less in peoples' minds. I don't think he should treat him differently though - scummy actions are still scummy and it's his job to defend himself, not yours.

Well, yes, he really is a newb. No offense to Orboknown but he really doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb out there.

If I think that Orboknown is being attacked for reasons that I feel are incorrect then I will defend him. I won't simply idle because "it's his responsibility to defend himself," especially if nothing he's going to say is convincing.

Orb / Lak are still my prefered lynches. Orb has gone quiet ever since people started to pile votes on him and Lak hasn't really done anything more than some common-sense comments on minor stuff plus 'creating discussion'.
If Orb continues to be quiet then I will reconsider him. Until then.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ryu's slot is the one that's most beneficial to get rid of.
Missed that before, but why is ryu the one it is most beneficial to be rid of?
he pointed the finger but he didn't fully attack you, he even said in his response to me 'i never said it was scummy, i just didn't like it.' Lines like these bother me a lot, they show cautiousness that a townie shouldn't have, I don't get why he couldn't just stick with his initial thought, and he had to emphasize he didn't feel it was scummy.
I don't use just one thing like that to damn people, but I will factor it into my thinking later on. It might not seem like much, and it might just be nothing but little things like that would make me pay a tad more attention to a slot.
Orb / Lak are still my prefered lynches. Orb has gone quiet ever since people started to pile votes on him
I apologize for going to a friends house instead of playing mafia.
/sarcasm

Elaborate on gheb scum for me J?
wrt Gorf, he was like that in gigabots not answering things and he ended up being town. I think i'll take it as a null right now.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
some quick hits from work

- not crazy about the soup case. i would like to see what am thinks of gorf/jtb like he said he would

- j chaneled my spirit with his latest posts. ill look more into what you said once i get to a computer in about...15 hours from now

- i dunno why people think legolas is town. hear that lego? **** orlando bloom

- @ lovably adorable GAYnine: yure not seeing orboscum. is there anyone yure disliking at the moment?

- @ kevin /brofist

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, do you still want LAK based on policy still or do you feel like they are playing non-committal? I'm giving them room to breathe but i'll consider them if they ever go inactive, which i'm really hoping won't be the case this game.
I think I've made it clear that I do not want LAK lynched on 'policy' reasons by now.

@Everyone: This part of Rockin's post is what started the suspicion for me. It felt like it was "forced." Like Rockin was just saying things for the sake of saying them. Why even say the first 4 lines? The first two I can see, but the next two felt kinda phoney. Plus I have no idea where he was actually planning to go with that question.
Neither do I but Rockin does have the annoying habit of being kind of scatterbrained when it comes to how he obtains and how he 'publishes' information. I mean, his case doesn't make a lot of sense and that's exactly why I dislike the Lego / Soup / Rockin circle-jerk so much. All three are behaving exactly the way I would've expected them to but if this keeps going on the way it does right now we're probably getting nowhere because one of you three is going to look suspicious for some reason eventually even though none of you is actually being scummy in my book.

Well, yes, he really is a newb. No offense to Orboknown but he really doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb out there.
If that's the case I don't see how you could possibly consider it so unlikely that he'd attack you as scum. There's a lot of explanations I could see myself buying ... this is certainly isn't one of them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Missed that before, but why is ryu the one it is most beneficial to be rid of?
If I don't have an idea whom I want lynched / consider scum Ryu's slot is the one that's most beneficial to get rid of.
Yeah, ripping quotes out of context and make it look like I only said one half of it totally isn't fishy, ey? You're either up to something or need to learn how to read.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I know you said he was the guy if you had no info, but I want to know what about RR specifically makes him the beneficiary of your go-to lynch.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well marshy, I kinda expected more from you tbh. Where's Macman's reliable scumdar so far? Kid hasn't voiced any suspicions yet. You also haven't made any use of your ability to make games pick up some pace and action. Can't complain about other ppl when you're still holding back as well.

I know you said he was the guy if you had no info, but I want to know what about RR specifically makes him the beneficiary of your go-to lynch.
Because when all else fails, removing Red Ryu from the game cannot possibly be a loss. So far he's confirming that opinion to me.

Top Bottom