• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Trela

Smash Lord
Pfft. If you REALLY wanna see fatal mistakes against Snake, watch me play.

Dthrow > C4 (more than you think)
Ftilt > Mine > Uair
TRIP > FSMASH (AKA, the Trela Combo)

The MU can turn very, VERY gay if you're not paying attention. Razer thinks it's 60:40, but I really do think it could be 55:45.

Sweet. Don't get Trela Combo'ed.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh I got this really cool thing I pulled off where it basically involved a pulsing explosion after I dthrowed as snake, it was sooo cool, it was like, pyrotechnics.
Then again, this was against my not very skilled friend (Eric the pika), so the setting up of it wasn't realistic, but still.
I think Lucario can out zone snake enough to make it hard for him to throw out moves, but the mere fact that snake just out performs him in surviving and can outcamp, kill early... I really don't know what to think. I also think grenade camping can be weakened if dealt with correctly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It never ceases to amaze me how many people still don't get out of snake nair. Then again, it's supposed to surprise people, but it's still easy to see coming.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Smash DI, you can end up behind Snake with his first FTilt, etc.

Since he's tall you can hit him in the head with a DAir/Aura Sphere when his shield is a bit pressured.

I thought all this stuff was basic knowledge though...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've now subsided with 45:55, there's some legitimate stuff that I think isn't being used, that I'll put to the test on my next round of friendlies/mm/tournament matches when I get around.

Inspire

Smash Cadet
This MU is really the only one I have a lot experience with.

Just make sure to take the first stock before he does.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
We really went in depth to try and cover Snake.

Are we inviting the other boards still on this? I haven't seen a Snake main post yet.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I like this idea.
unfortunately due to recent new troublesome stuff in my life

[oh shi the weekly work sent to my house is starting to get challenging?, I have to do 10 hours of community service for some church thing?, more doctors appointments? what is this i don't even]

I am unable to bother that much.

it is now your mission.

no

it is now Our Mission

Smashboards Profile

AIB Profile

AIM: Invokke08Havokk

MSN: tsukasa001@hotmail.com

Let us do what our forefathers have done and spam the living **** out of him.

at least until he gives insight on the match-up at least

EDIT: y'know I feel like a **** now for doing that but if gets us help it'll be worth it :<

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll try to get UltimateRazer to post some stuff here if he chooses. No promises though.

@Flame: Yeaaaaahahahahahahaha, ya love it! :)

culexus・wau

daamnit RT you bumped my post out.

**** that.

[oh shi the weekly work sent to my house is starting to get challenging?, I have to do 10 hours of community service for some church thing?, more doctors appointments? what is this i don't even]

it is now your mission.

no

it is now Our Mission

Smashboards Profile

AIB Profile

EDIT: y'know I feel like a **** now for doing that but if gets us help it'll be worth it :<
weee :3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

it is now your mission.

no

it is now Our Mission

Smashboards Profile

AIB Profile

I will totally do this.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This matchup is so stupid though. ._____.

Low % = You juggle us for a good 50-60%, your juggles stop working. You get ****ed
Mid % = You're about 50-85% and just poking an attack in here and there for damage. BAS and sh retreating fair can keep you safe for a little while. Fair stops grenades, BAS is hoping we don't powershield it. If we run at you, the lag is decieving and we get hit by fair. It's "whoever ****s up camping first" at this point
High % = 100% +, you're practically in KO %'s and 1 mistake WILL be a KO against you. However you finally have some good KO power. You better have kept your fsmash fresh, because unless you get a good read. No other move should kill us. (We seriously shouldn't get hit by dair...)

If you die first, you may as well kiss the game goodbye. Now you can't KO us til mid/high %'s (most likely high %'s) and the second we die, practically any move we have will KO you. Then your 3rd stock is a repeat of that.

There's your "how to" guide.

Keep fsmash fresh, space with BAS and fair, don't **** up, don't die first.

60-40 or 55-45 Snake. It's only a slight advantage. Because if we die first, it CAN be a *****.

culexus・wau

Low % = You juggle us for a good 50-60%, your juggles stop working. You get ****ed
Mid % = You're about 50-85% and just poking an attack in here and there for damage. BAS and sh retreating fair can keep you safe for a little while. Fair stops grenades, BAS is hoping we don't powershield it. If we run at you, the lag is decieving and we get hit by fair. It's "whoever ****s up camping first" at this point
High % = 100% +, you're practically in KO %'s and 1 mistake WILL be a KO against you. However you finally have some good KO power. You better have kept your fsmash fresh, because unless you get a good read. No other move should kill us. (We seriously shouldn't get hit by dair...)

If you die first, you may as well kiss the game goodbye. Now you can't KO us til mid/high %'s (most likely high %'s) and the second we die, practically any move we have will KO you. Then your 3rd stock is a repeat of that.

60-40 or 55-45 Snake. It's only a slight advantage. Because if we die first, it CAN be a *****.

It doesn't matter if its stupid, its like one of the most common match-ups in brawl. Against One of the most complicated and innovative characters in the game

Like I'd really want to see what our options really are in depth, generally.

What we should do if we approach a naded snake [I see far too many people get grabbed out of this ****]

What we do approach if they're playing the waiting game.

What we do if we're on the ledge at 100+ and snake is walking towards us with malicious killing intent

culexus・wau

I've never played this matchup in tournament. :3

It's still stupid....
One of these days.

You will.

There are now 4 Active Lucarios in SoCal.

You can't evade us forever :mad:

If you think its stupid how do you think WE feel LOL </3

Its like having a Sword Danced Up Lucario VS a fresh switched in Gyarados/Salamence

Its Kinda hard because you can't kill the other guy but kinda winnable :/

...... well ****, At least we got something helpful

Not exactly in depth as I thought it would be but legit

culexus・wau

I'm very surprised we got such a small write-up for it too ._.;

compared to when you see him get into a falco related debate

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm very surprised we got such a small write-up for it too ._.;

compared to when you see him get into a falco related debate
Susa still hasn't really played the MU in tournament. Falco I'm sure has come up more often and has looked more in-depth with his qualities.

I'm glad Susa at least posted something to this, since I haven't seen much if any Snakes post about this MU.

D. Disciple

Smash Master

Pretty much true, but he neglected if we land a dsmash around mid-high percent, Snake gets ****ed too.

Also the last sentence is extremely true, Lucario can't die first, if he does, Snake better be at high percent or else it can be a problem. I still say it's even.

Browny

Smash Hater
fkin hell im sick to death of this whole 'if lucario dies first its GG'. brawl is RANDOM. we can die first, we can also get a random fsmash tipper and KO snake at like 90% if lucario is at mid-high %'s (like 80-90 himself). theres a reason this game has 3 stocks you know...

not even gonna bother taking anything else said seriously. its almost as bad as people telling us get offstage once + edgehog and we instantly are gimped.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I'm just saying in this situation it can be true, almost the same in Lucario ditto. First Lucario to die is gg.

Normally I don't go by that attitude at all, if a Snake does kill me, I get the boost still, I just gotta keep a bit more pressure than usual, or else it can be troublesome. But I encourage dsmash, I encourage people to use that move a lot.

Browny

Smash Hater
anyway...

I play this matchup quite a lot, tournaments and friendlies. my brother mains snake after all :/

no way its anything less than 60:40 imo. just coz getting off the ledge is dumb.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I play the match up a lot too. I 2-0'd Ratman, and do pretty well against Nappy. I just say it's even, whoever gets the last hit wins. That's how I see it, that's how I play it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
anyway...

I play this matchup quite a lot, tournaments and friendlies. my brother mains snake after all :/

no way its anything less than 60:40 imo. just coz getting off the ledge is dumb.
Are you saying there's no way it's worst or better for lucario, because the last part of the sentence throws me off from what I think you're saying. :\

Also RJ, we ought to wrap this up and move on to another char.

culexus・wau

The Issue of Snake VS Lucario will always be complicated, odd, and full of BS <<

fitting seeing how we defeated the power of the THE BOX (SSE)

But I encourage dsmash, I encourage people to use that move a lot.
You and me both :3 Dsmash is legit.

But yeah we should move on... I have a feeling we are to re-discuss this again later though... >>

Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth

culexus・wau

I suggest after Marth we discuss the ******** Penguin, as I find Lucarios having trouble with that way more then snake lately.

I wish they have kept the japanese announcer :<

DAY DAY DAY.

**** is so cash.

Top Bottom