• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
YI is also good iirc...
It sounds like we could squeeze a little more info b4 moving on, but if not, I'll need to hear MU numbers + next MU discussion(s).
Frankly, I want to Discuss BOOZER, since I've had a crapload of experience fighting him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Samus, I can help. Bowser...not so much, lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I know we don't like numbers, but for the sake of the big MU chart project that's going on, how about we put some on anyways :D
I'd say:
65:35 Ivy: seriously, unless you get typh-dashed (lol) you aren't going to have a problem with this one.
60:40-55:45 Zard: Kills, but juggle/string bait, plus a more exploitable recovery than arguably ours. AS also helps a lot in this MU
55:45 Squirtle: imo aerials that control space > fast aerials until you make a mistake in zoning, we force approach, and he has relatively weak recovery + methods to back as well, and having decent ways of avoiding kill moves from squirtle give an edge, but his deals on wheels are amazing and has a much better damage + kill game than most other chars, plus usmash is good if we take a risky option of landing without care lightly. that and dthrow is a guaranteed kill when he lands a grab.
overall, 55:45 PT, according to PT MU math. Leaning just a bit towards the easier of the 55:45 ranges (so more like 57.5:42.5 lol).
I hate MU numbers, but they do help get an idea, I just hate when people get in a pickle over 55/45/even areas, it's basically even. Hardly anyone actually quarrels about bigger numbers, because there's a difference between 60:40 (disadvantage), and 65:35 (soft counter), it's pretty definitive.

Edit: I need moar MU ideas! Sounds like Samus/Bowser is good, but we could opt out one for mario, ike, etc.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
bump/double post.
Sooo... Since I'm going to be gone AGAIN for three days, would someone like to tackle the exports for fox (50:50), and sheik (60:40)?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Sorry to go back on the PT matchup, but most PTs will ban frigate. That one possible gimp on ivy will cost us the match, so we'll ban it outright. As previously mentioned, PT does well on mansion. Jablocks for squirtle, its harder to get ivy offstage and if zard stays in the house he won't die till 150-200. PT doesn't have any terrible stages, as pokemon change allows us to change playstyle completely mid-match. Japes may be a good choice. PT has primarily vertical kills, so that makes us killing lucario all the more difficult.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
It's been forever since I've last seen this thread. What's new everyone? I GOT A NEW FRIGGING AWESOME AVATAR! SUPER SAYAIN LUCARIO FOR TOP TIER!

Tier Wise, we haven't done the following match ups:

B: Lucario
D: Bowser, Zelda, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf

If you want to just skip the obviously left behind match up (despite it being probably the hardest out of all of the remaining match ups), then I'll pull a vote for the Bowser match up next. Heh, I know the Ike match up like the back of my hand now, but that's another easy one (or are every single one of these remaining match ups easy, since we hit all the hard characters), and we have plenty of time now.

:flame:

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Im ok with Bowser, but i dont know **** about Samus. Someone gimme a ring when we get to Yoshi. I have a prepared wall of text just in case ;) (seriously its probably the only MU i can give full knowledge on.)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario matchup is really just spacing and mindgames...beyond that, you should just keep both you and your opponent's percentages in mind.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I invited Xyro to give his two cents on Samus/Lucario since he gets a lot of practice against two different Lucarios...I'll post my thoughts after he does his.

Bowser...I'm going to skip altogether, lol. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well, let's see...
BOWSAH

What moves or tactics should we watch out for?
Bowser has some cool tricks under the shell, here's just a few that are most noticeable:
-Whirling Fortress: You know that annoying upB ooS option that Marth and MK have? Well, Bowser's got arguably one of the best, due to it's almost entirely safe nature and nasty damage it will do (it'll even kill at higher percents). This thing will be pulled out on many an occasion Bowser is planted firmly onto the ground, and if he's shielding, you better change your spacing while landing from the air, because crossups, fakeouts, all of them don't work very well on a bowser who knows how to flip it on and scuttle away. Luckily, Lucario doesn't have to approach, which helps reduce the impact of this move.
Flying Slam: Also known as the "klaw" etc., it is an aerial grab. It also has autocancel frames on most of it, and can be used to mix up his approach options. In a MU where there's a projectile involved though, some of those options tend to be limited, but you still have to watch out about getting too close to a bouncing boozer, some of his moves will surprise you. A habit that will change in this MU though is shielding aerial approaches. If you aren't fast on your feet with that shield and you don't retreat or do something, he will nab you out of your shield and make you eat 18% or so, which gets you that much closer to getting high in percentage.
-Grab: If Bowser gets a grab on you, you'll be in for some pain unless you jump break. For those who don't know, Bowser basically gets 10 or so frames of advantage out of a ground break, which means unless you're DK, you'll be eating either jab, Flying slam, ftilt, or dtilt, even another regrab if he feels he wants to risk another set. jab, flying slam, and ftilt will usually be used to get some fast damage, or get you off stage for some edgeguarding if he feels he can do stuff, while ground release -> dtilt is an insured killer against lucario in the 130's, even with good DI. Frankly, you'll want to avoid the grab, and if you do get grabbed, try for a jump break. Also, sometimes bowser will try to do ground release -> jab -> sideB, but this is escapable.
-fair: This move is pretty bad news for lucario in early percentages, and is another reason lucario SHOULD NOT APPROACH Bowser. This move actually has more range than marth's fair, except bowser's hurtbox gets extended. That being said, this move is going to make any offensive attempts go sour, because the trade off in percent is horrendous regardless of most of lucario's horizontally oriented aerials (3%-7% vs. 13% is awful, do the math). He'll also try this move for edge guarding, but it won't gimp kill until later percents.
Ftilt: Another defensive move, acts as a landing catcher for pretty much ANY landing within it's range. Be aware it can cancel AS, and it its range is pretty deceptive. Don't use your options predictably when bowser is in a situation to use this move, he'll pretty much win it every time. It's almost a frame trap in its own right.
Bair: This move will be more of a gimp move, if you see it coming, it's way easier to move away and dair stall and try moving back towards the stage than to try to trick it with AD or something, since he has to commit to this move for the most part.
Utilt: another one of bowser's moves ooS that works pretty well, it seems to pale compared to dair even though it has some good range, due to speed and dair's properties. Still a move to watch out for.
Uair: A "hypnokill" move, this move is a nasty early stock ender if you aren't thinking right. This move will only sometimes be use after upB connects or utilt, but if you see it, don't AD, try dair stalling or double jumping, it's windup is deceptive, and it will kill in the 60-70 range reliably if it hits. Be smart within the 2nd jump area above bowser's head.
flame: Mostly used for edgeguarding, this move will hurt if you let him set up for it, although AS will start going through it at relatively mid/high percents uncharged, so that's not too much to worry about. My friend doesn't use flame as much as some other bowsers, but it's going to be a good edgeguard tool vs. a recovery with a more predictable windup. Play smart, and if he does use this onstage (he will occasionally), you'll need to DI away from bowser to get out.
fsmash, usmash: It's surprising that these will work, I wouldn't worry too much if you are fast enough, but be aware that fsmash will sometimes be used as an option if you hang on the edge for too long (dumb player habit to begin with anyway), and you also will want to be aware that usmash has very low endlag, so act quick if you want to punish.

What moves or tactics should we try to enforce in this match up?
Camp: AS may not be the best for getting damage in, but it does what it needs to in a MU like this, pressure and force approaching. AS is actually pretty good in this MU, because Bowser's only real options besides the occasional fanning is shielding, because against a projectile like AS, having an already meh AD and spotdodge/roll is pretty bad to have. Be smart though with camping, you'll only get maybe 2-4 shots at most before he's within SH distance, which is when you'll need to get a little more complicated.
Grab: Yes, we has some pathetic grab range, but you need to bait some of the moves bowser has that has some icky lag, and set up for aerial strings. Grab also helps discourage shielding, but beware since Whirling Fortress can bust grabbing if mistimed, since it comes out faster. Grabs also deal some more tangible damage, and combined with aerials (dthrow pretty much works as a setup regardless of DI due to Bowser's ginormous hurtbox) will get you some damage.
Edgeguarding and gimping: Bowser will not get gimped very often, but take note that fair -> dair strings offstage are pretty much guaranteed because of bowser's hurtbox, and dair if spaced correctly WILL beat upB. I've racked lots of damage on using dair alone offstage when bowser was forced to commit to recovering below. AS is another great tool offstage, it can force some patterns to come out to punish offstage. Also, fsmash if well spaced covers nearly every option bowser has when he's on the ledge, misspace it though, and he can ledgehop klaw you. Having a big hurtbox like bowser's hurts considering fsmash's cone pretty much kills most options anyways.
Spacing fsmash is actually pretty important too on stage, with the sole exception of PS, bowser can do nearly nothing to a tipped fsmash.
I would also recommend again DO NOT APPROACH. Bowser is an ugly snapping turtle, and will gnaw your face off in angry protest if you try it. He's built to be a defensive character, and you're going to have to hop around like Steve Erwin around a croc to get around him in this MU, "sheilas" and "lil' beauties" aside. Don't approach.

Do you feel Lucario has an advantage in any particular scenario of this matchup?
We force approaching, which bowser can't do very well, especially against a projectile.
I also feel we have better options offstage, and will get less damage/killed offstage as opposed to bowser.
We also have good anti-air/punishing string options, which help loads with a character with meh approaching like bowser.
Do you feel the opponent can shut down aspects of Lucario's game?
upB can really debilitate an offensive game, as can most of bowser's options. He's a very solid defensive character, and with that said is going to try to outspace and punish you when you punish, since plan A's "I'm going to hope to get a percent lead and make you try to rush me" isn't going to work.
He also has enough options to surprise and get an early kill. You pretty much have to have a zero margin of error and know the MU to work out against bowser.
Bowser's aerial game also shuts down lucario's pretty badly when directly pitted against each other, but lucario's air game will have plenty of other chances to shine in other scenarios, and if the lucario is smart, playing "dogfight" will be a very rare instance in the MU.

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce?
I frankly like FD/YI (if YI is a neutral in your area) as neutrals, with smashvillle on the side, PS1 might make for a good neutral too, provided you don't get backed into a wall. BF might be worst, because of Bowser's good klaw hop options and better platform control, plus it mitigates our camping. For CP's, I'd have to say Frigate, Japes , and PS1 are some good ones, and Norfair is one I would avoid.

I frankly believe in 60:40, maybe 55:45 in our advantage at highest levels of play, unfortunately most people don't know the MU at all and do dumb things, Bowser likes dumb things.
I used to believe it was far more 50:50, but that was when people way back when discussed, dare I say it, MINDGAMES in a MU thread.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
ahhh ****, its too bad Samus couldnt wait untill september 20th or so, i will have alot more to contribute around then

but i'll Share what i know now.

Matchup: 65:35 Lucario's favor

General info: Samus has to approach us, pretty much because our Nair beats her weak and strong missles, and our jabs clank with her normal missles at 0%(yes, 0) i also have this feeling in my gut that her neutral B isn't that effective for camping. especially against us.

AS starts clanking with her charge shot around 50%, and dosent start beating her Charged Shot untill we are behind a stock and at very high %s

the Zair is lame, but beatable. outlined below

Utilt and Uair beats Samus' Dair, but in no circumstance should you count out her ability to spike you

in the air, range and speed is on our side, as is priority. be careful on the ground, her jab is awesome and her ftilt has ******** range

What to avoid: Bair. Nuff said. im pretty sure out Bair beats it, however, when spaced correctly

but for real, also watch our for that Dtilt, it is very hurtful. also watch out for the charge shot when your at killing %s obviously, it travels quite fast... although it isn't nearly as strong as it looks

the Zair is extremely annoying, outranging anything we can think of. but if you aim BAS's, and AS's as well, we can get hits in this way(yes that is possible). if the Samus gets predictable about Zair's roll behind her as she does one and ftilt or dtilt; fsmash wont get off in time if the Zair is spaced correctly/Samus SHes it. this move is why i do not endorse the spamming of fsmash in this MU, only use it to punish things that isnt this.

Samus' methods of killing things are quite telegraphed, but if you underestimate Samus you will be in for a world of pain.

How to win: Stay away from that Bair, its evil and wants to hurt you.

DO NOT try to throw an Aura Sphere at her charged shot until 50%

again about that Nair beating Missiles of both kinds, abuse this and Samus will be forced to aproach.

Helpful tips: Around 50% AS starts clanking with the Charged shot.

Our Nair beats out Samus' Missiles and Super Missles at any %, use this to your advantage

Utilt/Uair>her Dair

Stages: I find that Battlefield and Frigate are excellent stages to fight Samus on; the platforms on battlefield can mess up Samus' normal missles and allows us to get beyond her other projectiles easier. frigate CAN mess up her recovery

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro said he'll post a writeup after Hobo18 (this Saturday), so I'll just hold off until then. I'll post mine right after.

I will say one thing though, Samus can force Lucario to approach with zair. Retreating zairs can make approaching difficult when spaced correctly. Even if you manage to throw an AS while the Samus is using zair, they can still shield it because zair autocancels. Samus can outcamp Lucario very easily.

GreyClover

Smash Apprentice
Samus is an easy fight.

I don't have time to write a summary today so tl:dr for now.

Play the matchup spacing with your superior overall range. Do this and Samus is going to have a hard time landing a hit on you, don't mention killing either, she's horrible at it.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I got just a helpful tip against bowser.

Sometimes when a bowser is knocked high, he will use the down b ledge cancel to safely get back to the stage. Uair and bair can hit him out, but it can be hard to space it right. Instead, just jump up high as if you are going to hit him, but don't. As you jump up the camera will follow both you and bowser preventing him from seeing the stage. When he uses the down b, he might miss the stage and suicide (or land on stage so you can punish with dair).
Obviously this is not very significant, but it can give you a free stock.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Usmash will sometimes hit him pretty well lol, probably because downB as an attack is only a last resort "surprise" move, which will A: If you can spot it, will give you time for usmash, and B: A lot of the time, usmash's residue will hit bowser, due to its low priority. Ledge cancelled down b is another story though :D

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
~~Samus~~

What moves or tactics should we watch out for? Zair.

Nairing the missiles

Do you feel Lucario has an advantage in any particular scenario of this matchup?

yes, we can completely shut down Samus' projectile game with our Nair alone, and the charge shot is easy to avoid. which means she will be forced to approach.

No. our projectile quickly becomes better then the charge shot, clanking at around 50% but never beating it. and range is on our side too, except against Zair.

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce? i like battlefield and frigate, the platforms can mess up the weak missiles, and the right side of the 1st part can mess up samus' recovery

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
~~Samus~~

What moves or tactics should we watch out for? Zair.

Nairing the missiles

yes, our projectile quickly becomes better then the charge shot, clanking at around 50% but never beating it. and range is on our side too, except against Zair.

yes, we can completely shut down Samus' projectile game with our Nair alone, and the charge shot is easy to avoid. which means she will be forced to approach

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce? i like battlefield and frigate, the platforms can mess up the weak missiles, and the right side of the 1st part can mess up samus' recovery
The question. It be different than the answer.
Oh, and I have not much experience against samus, but I'll try adding input based on videos.
*goes to watch*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ill throw out my opinion after this weekend. Though i play trela and RT alot im gonna play them again this weekend in "learning mode" so i can report back with great detail.

WITHOUT going into detail, i say its 60-40 in favor of lu lu

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
lolChargeShotbeingeasilyavoidable

If you don't want to ignore this post/read dark font, start highlighting now.

Bowser's quicker and higher priority moves can disrupt Lucario's flow. F-air, N-air to an extent, Whirling Fortress, Neutral B, B-air and U-air can catch you when you are not expecting it. On the ground, watch out for Jabs, F-tilt, and U-tilt if you try going over him. Bowser's large size makes him a bit on the easy side in terms of chaining hits and racking up damage, but makes him slightly harder to kill. His recovery isn't very good, so that somewhat makes up for that. F-air, U-tilt, Jabs, AS(sometimes even the charge if you can get close), D-air and grabs wreck the Koopa. Be very careful when attempting any smashes, though. A small error can lead to a Flying Slam, SHF-air or grab.

I will admit Lucario has the advantage in most cases against Samus. But that doesn't mean it's easy pickings. A good/smart Samus can outcamp, outrange and outlast Lucario. Don't expect all of them to just try to keep you back with Missiles and Z-air. I agree with Xyro on the match-up.

Starting off, as G-Beast mentioned, B-air is something you should watch out for. It can get suprisingly low kills, especially near the edge of any stage, and is in general a good GTFO move. That being said, it's not really something you should specifically try to focus on avoiding; Just something you should watch out for. As far as projectile game goes, Samus has Lucario beat in terms of continuity and overall usefullness, but Lucario has power on his side later in the game. Missiles aren't too hard to avoid if you know what you are doing. Make it a priority to avoid them, as the damage gradually adds up, but be careful if they decide to approach and only use them scarcely. Bombs'll help her get out of some situations, but they aren't much. Do not try to approach, even if you think you can make it. Bombs coupled with good mindgames and bad judgement could make the difference between 4% from a Z-air to a KO from a Fully Charged Charge Shot. Charge Shots themselves are more useful than most people think. You're in for a hard time if you underrate them. On top of beating out or clanking with Fully Charged Aura Spheres up until dangerous percentages, most Samus players use the sporadically, when you least expect them. Finally, as far as her offensive game goes, her Melee combat is on the weak side, but when used properly is a force to be reckoned with. F-tilt, D-smash and Dash attacks have suprisingly good range. N-air and D-air, while apprearing as weak options, are incredibly good attacks. N-air has good range, is quick, can be used to escape many things, can lead to other moves(SH weak N-air can trip if not careful) and is good for gimping. Repeated N-airs also take their toll on your stock. D-air is not only a good spike, but good for racking up damage as well. Take into account the range, speed and all around usability, and it is one of Samus' most useful moves. While it's not very difficult to avoid, it is a very good retreating option, and is deadly near edges. Screw Attack is also a threatening move, though it can be somewhat easy to punish. That leaves U-air and F-air, which are good for racking up damage and are fairly useful. While killing remains Samus' weak point, she does have kill moves you should watch out for(Charge Shots, D-tilt and B-air in particular, D-air, F-smash, U-tilt and D-smash to a lesser extent)

As far as her defensive capabilities go, Samus gets screwed over. Her slow fall speed, large stature and overall clumsiness makes her very easy to combo, juggle and KO. Her recovery is above average, though, allowing her to live for a long time with good DI. On top of that, she's a bit faster, is "floatier," and has a few quick moves to escape. Overall though, the fight remains in Lucario's favor. Just be cautious, especially when recovering.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
Usmash will sometimes hit him pretty well lol, probably because downB as an attack is only a last resort "surprise" move, which will A: If you can spot it, will give you time for usmash, and B: A lot of the time, usmash's residue will hit bowser, due to its low priority. Ledge cancelled down b is another story though :D
yeh, I should've mentioned ledge cancel in there somewhere

G-Beast is right about nair beating out the missles, however, your forgetting the all beautiful, all amazing Zair, this move will punish you EVERY nair you pull out, so think very wisely when thinking of nairing our missles, especially since iirc, nair does have some lag at the end of it, so our zair can outrange you and punish, just throwing that out there :3.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
G-Beast is right about nair beating out the missles, however, your forgetting the all beautiful, all amazing Zair, this move will punish you EVERY nair you pull out, so think very wisely when thinking of nairing our missles, especially since iirc, nair does have some lag at the end of it, so our zair can outrange you and punish, just throwing that out there :3.
It's not any landing lag to speak of. i like rolling behind those Samus' that get predictable w/ zair and allow them to meet ftilt

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the Samus does a retreating zair, you won't be able to roll behind and punish...

It's not any landing lag to speak of. i like rolling behind those Samus' that get predictable w/ zair and allow them to meet ftilt
Im not talking about if you ff it and cancel out the lag, im saying that nair is not lucario's fastest aerial, and zair I THINK (dont quote me on this) comes out a bit quicker, so a mix of homing missles and zair will not allow you to do so. Also, rolling behind a samus is unlikely, as the guy above me said, Samus has enough range to retreat a zair and be unpunished.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Nair autocancels, like zair.
Just wanted to clarify.
And thanks to the guy who put out the bowser list, I think the biggest options you'll see out of the grab release though are jab, SideB, grab, and dtilt (for killing).
Edit: but it has reeeeeeeeeeeeeally long hitbox if you don't get it to the ground, which is prolly what you are talking about.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have some random info to throw out there regarding the Samus matchup.

Lucario's crawl protects him from most of Samus' projectile game. Zair (but not the sweetspot), super missles, and uncharged shots (iirc). Crawling can actually be made use of in this matchup.

Lucario still has to watch out for homing missles though. He should be getting rid of those before trying to use his crawl as an approach.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
About the only thing Samus has thats a threat is the ftilt and zair. Other than that, Lucario should be able to crossup and outrange Samus with tilts and whatnot. It's really hard to kill him with Samus. The occasional dtilt and utilt are really important to keeep fresh, because everything else is all about racking up cheap damage.

Lucario racks damage faster, can outrange her, out maneuver her in the air and kills her faster. It's a very annoying matchup for Samus players. Most of her approaches that AREN'T projectiles are walled out by Lucarios' aerials, and his Aura Sphere can cause major trouble even against her projectile spam.

The one thing to look for is Samus knocking you off stage. Zair can really mess you up then. And like G-Beast said, our nair is useful everynow and then in the matchup, it keeps us out of the A>A combos for the most part. It won't KO you, but get sus out of trouble sometimes. Bombs are tricky to avoid.

Any other move you outrange Samus on with that broken Aura. We can't OoS Screw Attack you because your aerials cancel it and if you're on the ground you should be spaced well enough to avoid it. And while yes our Dair is strong, your uair and fair comes out faster even when we start the dair earlier than you! It's nasty. And then not to mention our floatiness leaves us easily comboed in the air by more broken-aura range and hit stun. A pain to fight.

I'd say 60-40 if not 65-35 Lucarios favor

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Samus would be more of a challenge if she had more than one attack. (Zair)

Samus would also be more of a challenge if she could kill before 678%.

Seriously, just stay in the middle of the stage, and you're fine. If she can't get you offstage, you're not going to die ever. DI dtilt away from her to the front, and you can live to past 160 if it's fresh.

If she does get you offstage, be sure to DI properly and be sure to recover high. If you recover stage-level, you're prone to charge shots and zairs, and if you're coming from below, you'll get daired, although you may survive with meteor canceling at low % if you slip up and get bumped off, considering that Dair has horrid base knockback, but a high growth rate.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
yeh, I should've mentioned ledge cancel in there somewhere
Actually, ledgecancel is yet another one of those tricks where you really have to play/know the bowser MU to know how to deal with, and then it gets much easier. Even with edge-cancel, Most bowsers know not to do this unless the opponent is going to commit. The issue with that is that lucario's uair and usmash have those wonderful lingering hitboxes, which usually will hit unless they time it uber early. If the bowser is playing around on the edge with ledge-canceled downB, you can even try ledgeguarding. It's a surprise option at best, but it's hardly something to watch out for unless you've never played a bowser before.
Oh, but the "pick up" waft that comes from the grounded version can surprise occasionally, but I wouldn't sweat much over downB in the MU discussion.
Oh yeah, and don't play dumb on the ledge, ftilt, flame, and even fsmash are fun punishers for people who like to horse around too long.

Edit: I thought Xyro was going to say some stuff about the MU :urg:

Top Bottom