• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lol phil got what I meant.

I should have rephrased that, I looked like a ****ing ****** xD

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
don't feel bad, with all this rebecca black's friday business going around without mod, mods, moderation, and spam here.

lady gaga would be impressed, 10chars is not easy to accomplish. ponies should be pony by singularity, lucario rocks against peach

brawl is campy that way, and it doesn't help that di makes everyone live longer, with all the momentum canceling coming from nairs, fairs, bairs, and uairs. Call of duty is overrated, metaknight would beat that all dai.

Mew2King, I wonder what happens when he namesearches today XD. His melee Sheik and marth are super, and his brawl metaknight is good any day of the week, whether it's monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, or sunday.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
disagree, its probably 55/45 lucario honestly, yeah we have a hard time killing and that makes u stronger blah blah blah, but you also have one of the easiest characters to gimp.
you really think lucario is easy to gimp ?

its not unless you di in the wrong direction..

imo anyway

gantrain05

Smash Master
with the ledgefloating and turnips, we can easily force u to land on stage with your UpB and then ledge float Bair/Fair/Nair u back offstage again. basically anytime u need to use your UpB and we are in a position to get to the ledge first ur gonna have a very difficult time getting back.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
with the ledgefloating and turnips, we can easily force u to land on stage with your UpB and then ledge float Bair/Fair/Nair u back offstage again. basically anytime u need to use your UpB and we are in a position to get to the ledge first ur gonna have a very difficult time getting back.
ok so it can get adguarded not gimpt..

gantrain05

Smash Master
same thing in my opinion =P but this is all just from my own personal lucario experience. i've never had too many problems edgegaurding/gimping any lucarios i've really played. im just here to share my experience and opinions with u guys

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
same thing in my opinion =P but this is all just from my own personal lucario experience. i've never had too many problems edgegaurding/gimping any lucarios i've really played. im just here to share my experience and opinions with u guys
well thanks, there arent that many good lucario players btw..

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
This isn't 2008. Every half-decent player should know how to DI upwards.

We are floaty, we can use DAir to stall until there is an opportune time to land, and we have a fairly decent projectile.

Lucario can play pretty much any way he wants before he gets to around 60% - 70% against Peach, then we will pitch a tent, roast some marshmallows, and camp.

Peach may be difficult to combo, but she has a lot going against her in this MU and fortunately Aura is one of our strong points.

Against Peach Strike/Ban Battlefield.

Lylat screws with her float, so you shouldn't be afraid to CP that. Japes if it is legal if you want to like live until 200%, but expect super duper campy matches.

One thing that might often go overlooked is Peach is heavier than Marth. According to this http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Weight she is heavier than... Mario?
Well figures with all the things she stores in her butt...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I knew she was heavier than Martha, but also Mario? Wut.

She can edgeguard Lucario, maybe gimp on a hard read at the ledge but that's all I see tbh.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'll be honest, lucario will be pretty safe recovering as long as you don't fall asleep on fair when coming back onstage, and if you don't have to recover from below. Turnips are a pain to deal with when recovering from below, I died when Praxis hit me once with one because I mispaced my dair stall, the turnip hit me, and I did a fastfall dair from the hitstun :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
haha yeah, dair habits will kill you in this MU probably the worst out of any.

A good read on dair from Peach will get you utilted or sweetpot usmashed, which kills really early, just what Peach would need to win. iirc uair also outranges dair.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I used to have people who went on Fox stints because it was trendy to have a pocket fox for awhile. Most of them were fairly smart players with characters in general, so I'm gonna say that my experience with them was... adequate.

Well, with Lucario, I saw how quickly he gets ***** when TKD played against Ice playing lucario traditionally, so I basically did what NEO called "camping in your face", except I did it with a loooooooooot more room in between me and Fox, so that it looked tempting enough to punish, but it was too far away to just plainly punish everyone of my whiffs. If he's lasering, you have to do a lot of full hop shenanigans and watch out for uair, and when he wises up to this strat, you start mixing it up getting in close. Never challenge fox from below, unless he's within fullhop fair range, and only use fsmash in he has a nair/dair habit coming down, which good foxes rarely have. Usmash has an invincible collision on top, so don't expect dair to save you, even though you shouldn't do it anyways because it would trade even without <_<

Definitely fox advantage, not sure by how much, I'd say it ranges between -1 at optimum to -2/-3 on his CP.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I used to have people who went on Fox stints because it was trendy to have a pocket fox for awhile. Most of them were fairly smart players with characters in general, so I'm gonna say that my experience with them was... adequate.

Well, with Lucario, I saw how quickly he gets ***** when TKD played against Ice playing lucario traditionally, so I basically did what NEO called "camping in your face", except I did it with a loooooooooot more room in between me and Fox, so that it looked tempting enough to punish, but it was too far away to just plainly punish everyone of my whiffs. If he's lasering, you have to do a lot of full hop shenanigans and watch out for uair, and when he wises up to this strat, you start mixing it up getting in close. Never challenge fox from below, unless he's within fullhop fair range, and only use fsmash in he has a nair/dair habit coming down, which good foxes rarely have. Usmash has an invincible collision on top, so don't expect dair to save you, even though you shouldn't do it anyways because it would trade even without <_<

Definitely fox advantage, not sure by how much, I'd say it ranges between -1 at optimum to -2/-3 on his CP.
In my and your case, it's called going Sheik.

Browny

Smash Hater
-3 lmao

You know how you guys can play super carefully vs ics to not get grabbed and turn a theoretical 0:100 matchup into something more even. Do that. Its called dont get usmashed. We aint dk, sheild and aerials actually work.
:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
umm, I really wish I could show those videos, they're not up anymore.

Ice is a fairly good lucario, not top, but definitely knows his stuff.

HE COULDN'T TOUCH TKD, like at all lol. He got lucky to get a stock off of him.

usmash from a good fox is really hard to bait safely.

Besides, that's -3 at most ON HIS CP. aka Halberd and the like, if those are banned, it's much more manageable.

Browny

Smash Hater
I saw those videos. Pretty typical tkd stuff which he does to the best marths, mks, snakes etc. doesnt make it a -1 to -3.

If fox (not tkd, big difference) is really that horrible, lucario would have a whole lot more -2s and -3s vs the rest of the cast, with a few -4s on certain character cps imo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I saw those videos. Pretty typical tkd stuff which he does to the best marths, mks, snakes etc. doesnt make it a -1 to -3.

If fox (not tkd, big difference) is really that horrible, lucario would have a whole lot more -2s and -3s vs the rest of the cast, with a few -4s on certain character cps imo.
I have to agree with this.

I feel like this is still even like I said for the chart, I think Lucario can face Fox just fine as a character.

I'll have to make a larger post in a bit I guess why I feel that way.

gantrain05

Smash Master
just curious, im a fox secondary and i feel as if fox were to play a campy laserfest keepaway type of game and force you to approach, you will have a much much tougher time in the MU. fortunately most foxes don't do that.

Kuares

Pizza
just curious, im a fox secondary and i feel as if fox were to play a campy laserfest keepaway type of game and force you to approach, you will have a much much tougher time in the MU. fortunately most foxes don't do that.
You are correct, if Fox were to do nothing but the runaway game, since Lucario's mildly slow it'd still be a tough thing to beat because of his quick run, jump, and attacks. It's difficult unless, as you say, the Fox gets bored and approaches.

Stage wise, the only thing Fox's don't like as much are Lylat and PS1 but that's only because of recovery. Everything else is fine but he especially likes FD, Halberd, and Smashville(I think...) and I would not like battlefield because of the small space but that's just me.

Random Fact: Lucario can crouch under lasers if Fox is doing the work of Short hop laser x(1/2/3), but if Fox is grounded and lasering, Lucario get's hit.

Steam

Smash Hero
I honestly think Fox is harder than MK. 3rd hardest matchup and a solid -2...

and it's one that I could easily see being a hard counter later on... Fox can pretty much just run away and deal with everything accordingly... but fox gets punished hard for mistakes.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
like I said, not -3 on average, I would just hate to play fox on a flat area with low ceilings.

Probably the realm of -1/-2 is much more likely.

Top Bottom