• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
@SCIENCE- I've been able to DI out of RoB Dsmash and Dair him for it before :/

maybe at low% it's a bad idea but at higher % you'll get sent far enough away where there's no way to get Dsmashed.
It's like Pikachu's downsmash.

One should never die from that move EVER. If Shippo can smash DI out of it, all of you can.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pikachu's isn't hard, you can be locked in the move for a bit and still get out.

R.O.B.'s on the other can can really catch you by surprise because it's a lot faster.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If he spaces it well the shield push and momentum shift RoB gets will put you well out of range.

though RoB's bair is a pretty obvious move
When you see it push your shield towards him. (AKA shield DI)

Should do the trick and then Utilt.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, are you assuming it can be done or have you actually done it? Because assuming doesn't help...

ROB is pretty even overall. He's pretty good at being annoying and pressure if you let him get set up for it. Lasers and gyro will be spammed, so be ready. His ftilt and fair have pretty good range..be especially careful offstage because ROB can chase you offstage with fair for a gimp kill. Keep in mind that his recovery is not infinite, so get him offstage and keep him there. He has a spike and reflector, so just keep those in mind. ROB has problems killing...expect nair and Fsmash as the main ones...usmash can kill, but it has horrible hitboxes...dsmash shouldn't kill, but know that it CAN.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
IM/PM/or gimme a shoutout on AIB when you wanna play wifi

I go to the ladder chat a lot too.

also get on AIM more you fur******.

much love MTI <3

anyways I'll do my write up on ROB later

general stuff:

camp with his Gyro if you have it.

if he's recovering from below, AURASPHERE HIS UPB HE CAN'T DO ****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh yeah, don't get sniped out of your jump by robs laser guys :/

I see it happen too much
Yes, ALWAYS save your double jump offstage. He fits the "save your jumps if your opponent has multiple jumps/spammable projectile" category.

Steam

Smash Hero
you can also do some of the glide toss approach shenanigans RoB can if you reverse glidetoss.

and do teh comboez. but unless you have tilt stick you won't be able to nair while holding the gyro :/

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
you can also do some of the glide toss approach shenanigans RoB can if you reverse glidetoss.

and do teh comboez. but unless you have tilt stick you won't be able to nair while holding the gyro :/
uh

z drop

nair

whats so hard?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
juggles n strings n stuff

ROB's shield is also relatively easy to poke, I want to look into using dtilt since that's a nice setup (anything fast that pops him up is usually enough, but don't let your guard down and think it's like snake/garbage tier character in the air) and shieldpokes y'know?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
juggles n strings n stuff

ROB's shield is also relatively easy to poke, I want to look into using dtilt since that's a nice setup (anything fast that pops him up is usually enough, but don't let your guard down and think it's like snake/garbage tier character in the air) and shieldpokes y'know?

Steam

Smash Hero
RoB is pretty much garbage when you're below him. not much he can do other than Gyro reveral away to make you miss.

and yeah RoB is easy to shield poke. if the RoB is ignorant of tilting shield up to block a dair on shield it will be laughably easy to poke him with it

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Always hold up if your tap jump is off if you're in close quarters.

DSmash will never ever ever ever work on you.
Protip: If you DI out of Rob's dsmash, he doesn't give a ****. It's like Pikachus. Except DI out gets you in a crappy position.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
It gets you out in a better position than vs. Pika. Pretty sure you can pull off footstool to DAir if you have hax DI.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I can put good input for Oli and Falco.. I can even get a few vids uploaded for the falco MU discussion. I say Falco. And I can get a pretty good Falco player (FGCU Viper) to talk about the MU. He knows alot.'

On Oli, I may be able to get Fearless to talk about the MU. But thats not a for sure thing

Dnyce

Smash Master
/co-sign

Fino should know this MU ...
/namesearch
Not really, getting better at it.

//namesearch

*reads past couple posts*

Just hold up (and nothing else) when Rob dsmashes you, and as soon as you pop out dair or some shiz. Just holding up gets you out tho, L

//generic504badgatewaytheorycrafting

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you force him to the edge he's really in trouble.

Watch out for pivot grabs, save your second jump if you can...

Know when you can semi-camp and when you can't.

This MU is stupid and silly.

RR, would you mind editing the logs of when we discuss the MUs and stuff at the bottom of the op?

Top Bottom