• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
contrary to what some of you believe there's a method to my madness.

i don't mind grabbing attention because i'm comfortable with defending myself. i normally also scumhunt the player's who work behind the scene and/or coast and i'm good at pissing off inactives into becoming more active again.

i'm not here so that u can like me. i'm here to find scum. i find my actions much more of an asset than someone who sits in the background and agrees or jumps on bandwagons without having any content i.e. whaddaya know Cacti. hi cacti. welcome to the game.

oh, and regardless if u want to take me serious or not, when i do call some of you on a certain play i'm positive you'll be taking me serious at that point.

anyway enough about me. since it's decided that i'm the lynch for today, let's decide on who we should lynch tomorrow.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Uh, it hasn't been decided that you're the lynch for today. Just because Kev won't support anyone else doesn't mean the rest of town can't. Kev doesn't run the town. I don't see much of a reason you should be lynched right now. We've still got almost two weeks left in this Day.

Omni

BRoomer
it was a joke to get me off the center of discussion and start talking about other people.

play along.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I already said that I don't want this argument to continue any longer. I don't think that you're scum, Omni but I do think that the way you post isn't good for town. For now that's good enough a reason for me to vote you but if I find anybody to be actually scummy then he'll have priority. Also there's still enough time for you show me wrong - maybe I was just misinterpreting your post and you're just dumni this time around (I hope you don't mind that term lol) so I'll let it go (for now) but you SHOULD avoid drawing attention. What good will discussion do if you if it's all about your behaviour? I think we discussed this enough already and we should move on and go scumhunt...

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, I just saw that Cacti voted for Omni too, which puts him @L-2. Nobody else should vote for him now imo unless you wanna draw suspicion...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Or end this day and be able to actually play mafia.

Look my case is this.

Omni plays anti-town regardless of if he thinks he does or not.

He tries to break the game, which is what we don't need.

Omni

BRoomer
okay. i'll make a deal with you guys.

please tell me how i am attempting to break the game and
tell me how my play is anti-town

instead of just saying it is what it is, please give me a reason as to why. i listen to logic so if u just explain yourselves i can adjust. i'm not inflexible

Omni

BRoomer
Why is omni suddenly posting so anti-town... And in lowercases? It seems like he might be fool or has to post like this.
did u read my last post?

please dont tell me you're fishing and you're skimming.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry Kev, that's really not enough for me, especially not when we still have two weeks left for this day. You want to go with a probable mislynch this early just because you don't like the way Omni plays?

Omni

BRoomer
no one can because you haven't finished a game as town except for disney mafia which only a few players have access to. impossible demand
Ok so tell this to Kevin and gheb and cacti. There's nothing about my play that is anti town. They may not like it but I do get things moving and people talking.

Interesting how that works.

Also intersting how this idea of omni being anti town is being pushed with no explanation from +3 people.

On iPhone.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
wtf I posted like 2 or 3 times already why I think the way you post is anti-town.

Omni

BRoomer
I don't think that you're scum, Omni but I do think that the way you post isn't good for town. For now that's good enough a reason for me to vote you but if I find anybody to be actually scummy then he'll have priority. Also there's still enough time for you show me wrong - maybe I was just misinterpreting your post and you're just dumni this time around (I hope you don't mind that term lol) so I'll let it go (for now) but you SHOULD avoid drawing attention.
you're claims are stupid because of this statement being completely WIFOM; it also serves as a null-tell on my point.

do you understand what i am saying or should i break it down for you

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I understand what you say. But if you read the first 2 sentences in my post, you should understand me as well. There's still plenty of time to find players, who are actually scummy but if we find nobody worth lynching my vote's gonna stick with you. That's all.

Not liking the way Cacti joined this wagon btw

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

Mid Page Vote Count

[2]Marshy: Riddle, Frozenflame
[4]Omni: Marshy, KevinM, Gheb, Cacti
[1]McFox: Mentosman

[4]Not Voting: Rockin, Omni, Omis, Mcfox

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 7th. EST
Please feel free to prod people.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Gheb, your posts toDay just crack me up. Honestly.

"I recognize that you're not actually scummy, but I'm still on this wagon because I was able to join it early and if I leave it, and then later decide to lynch you (reiterating that I don't in fact find you scummy), then I'll be near the end of the vote list which would implicate that I am scum trying to lynch a probable townie because it seems to be an easy lynch to push.

Also, Cacti is totally scummy for joining this wagon fourth. Everyone knows if you're not in the first half of a wagon you're totally scum, which is why I'm not leaving it now (reiterating once again that I don't actually think you are scum) and then rejoining it later. *NUDGE NUDGE*"

Vote: Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, your posts toDay just crack me up. Honestly.

"I recognize that you're not actually scummy, but I'm still on this wagon because I was able to join it early and if I leave it, and then later decide to lynch you (reiterating that I don't in fact find you scummy), then I'll be near the end of the vote list which would implicate that I am scum trying to lynch a probable townie because it seems to be an easy lynch to push.
I explained CLEARLY why I voted Omni and why his posts are anti-town. You better read that first before you vote. My intention is OBVIOUS and it's really laughable how you try to make up a reason to vote me, especially since it's 100% wrong. Omnis posts are anti-town and since there's nobody truly scummy yet, he's the most anti-town player so far. That gets my vote until/unless something more suspicious comes up.

Also, Cacti is totally scummy for joining this wagon fourth. Everyone knows if you're not in the first half of a wagon you're totally scum, which is why I'm not leaving it now (reiterating once again that I don't actually think you are scum) and then rejoining it later. *NUDGE NUDGE*"

Vote: Gheb
I never said that Cacti is scummy? I said "I don't like the way he joined this wagon" because he puts Omni at L-2, which isn't inherently bad but it's still somewhat reckless to do this early.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I already said that I don't want this argument to continue any longer. I don't think that you're scum, Omni but I do think that the way you post isn't good for town. For now that's good enough a reason for me to vote you but if I find anybody to be actually scummy then he'll have priority. Also there's still enough time for you show me wrong - maybe I was just misinterpreting your post and you're just dumni this time around (I hope you don't mind that term lol) so I'll let it go (for now) but you SHOULD avoid drawing attention. What good will discussion do if you if it's all about your behaviour? I think we discussed this enough already and we should move on and go scumhunt...

Gheb_01 said:
OK, I just saw that Cacti voted for Omni too, which puts him @L-2. Nobody else should vote for him now imo unless you wanna draw suspicion...

Admits that he doesn't really find Omni scummy, but then suggests that Omni is at L-2 right after and still doesn't unvote him. Why would you tell nobody else to vote Omni instead of just unvoting him yourself. You don't have to vote someone every time you unvote lol. FoS: Gheb_01

This is enough to warrant an FoS, but really stood out to me was:

Cacti said:
Vote: Omni

For now.
Joins the bandwagon with the highest number of votes and gives absolutely no reason for it.

Cacti said:
Why is omni suddenly posting so anti-town... And in lowercases? It seems like he might be fool or has to post like this.
WTF? This post proves that he is clearly skimming (I found him a post where Omni capitalized in like 10 seconds). Also, this post comes right after Gheb mentioning that he put Omni at L-2. He then hastily gives a reason to seem townie consisting of:

1) He has been acting anti-town (like 4 people have said that, stop trying to make it seem like your own idea)

2) He is probably fool because he posted in lowercase in all the posts I bothered to read.

Nice try Cacti, but putting someone at L-2 with awful reasons like that makes you scummy enough to warrant my vote.

Unvote, Vote: Cacti

Omni, why did you change your avatar. I liked the old one better. :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Riddle, the reason I didn't unvote Omni after Cacti's vote is because I don't mind if Omni is lynched. If he's scum it's good and if he is town then he doesn't help town at all - at this point it doesn't matter to me if he's town alligned or not. But I already said: there's plenty of time for him to prove me wrong. Right now, however, there's nobody really suspicious and he's the most anti-town player so far so my vote stays for now.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Guess that's my mistake then. I read "don't like the way Cacti etc." as "he's scum," which is what most of what I said was based on. Not that I'll be unvoting. What would be the point of that?

As Riddle pointed out, it seems like if you don't like someone at L-2, AND your vote is currently on them, AND you don't actually think that they're scum, then there seems to be a pretty obvious solution to that particular situation.

*EDIT* Ninja'd

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I had joined the wagon because I wanted to see how Omni would respond (keep in mind I did not know I put him at L-2). He hadn't really said anything before as to why he was acting so oddly, and I wanted to know why. Now that he has responded, I don't really think that he's mafia, but everyone seems to be acting correctly.

Unvote: Omni

My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox, who seems like he's trying to keep scummish/weak townies alive so he can have easy candidates to lynch the following days; me (looking more closely back, I see how scummy my posts were, and yes, I admit I was skimming and not really paying attention), as I find it strange he voted Gheb for keeping his vote on Omni, while he's already explained why he's fine with lynching him, if he's town, it's not all bad, as he was being detrimental.

Right now, I'd like to hear from the people who haven't posted yet.

Omni

BRoomer
I understand what you say. But if you read the first 2 sentences in my post, you should understand me as well. There's still plenty of time to find players, who are actually scummy but if we find nobody worth lynching my vote's gonna stick with you. That's all.
I already said that I don't want this argument to continue any longer. I don't think that you're scum, Omni but I do think that the way you post isn't good for town.
you're claims are stupid because of this statement being completely WIFOM; it also serves as a null-tell on my point.

do you understand what i am saying or should i break it down for you
it looks like i will have to break it down for you.

nothing about my play is anti-town. you stupidly suggested:

but you SHOULD avoid drawing attention.
who would want to avoid drawing attention? oh thats right... SCUM! would you prefer that i coast and vote with no content or hey not even post at all at this point? this is a really, really dumb statement Gheb and im going to need you to acknowledge that it is.

the point is, Gheb, is that you have FAILED in having any kind of solid reason for explaining why my play style is anti-town. i have only shown how the way i carry myself does more for the town.

so before i vote you i want you to try to explain to me why you believe me play style is anti-town, Gheb. im pretty sure i'll have a good time laughing at whatever your response is.

while he's already explained why he's fine with lynching him, if he's town, it's not all bad, as he was being detrimental.
same question goes to you Cacti

Riddle

Smash Lord
I had joined the wagon because I wanted to see how Omni would respond (keep in mind I did not know I put him at L-2). He hadn't really said anything before as to why he was acting so oddly, and I wanted to know why. Now that he has responded, I don't really think that he's mafia, but everyone seems to be acting correctly.

Unvote: Omni

My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox, who seems like he's trying to keep scummish/weak townies alive so he can have easy candidates to lynch the following days; me (looking more closely back, I see how scummy my posts were, and yes, I admit I was skimming and not really paying attention), as I find it strange he voted Gheb for keeping his vote on Omni, while he's already explained why he's fine with lynching him, if he's town, it's not all bad, as he was being detrimental.

Right now, I'd like to hear from the people who haven't posted yet.
This post seems scummy to me. You gave the most generic reason for bandwagoning ever. "I wanted to see how he would respond" is not a reason at all. Respond to what? That's where real reasons come in and you have yet to give any. Mindless bandwagoning does not get you results.

Next you decide to unvote Omni, seemingly because of pressure to do so. You are clearly not confident enough in your votes to keep them on people. You just do what people tell you to do and it is simply ridiculous. Don't vote people if you are going to unvote them the second someone asks you why you voted for them. It is majorly scummy.

At this point is infinitely better to vote someone that you find scummy than say you are kind of suspicious of them. I do not think voting someone is scummy if you provide valid reasoning and stick to your vote or give a solid reason to unvote.

Omni in my opinion has actually helped town so far. The question about roles was obviously a bad one, but OMni got us out of the RVS very quickly and has over all contributed much more than many people. Including you.

I agree that we need to hear from people who haven't posted much and that includes you. Post your suspicions (you are doing a little better with this post) and question people. That's the best way for town to win. Opposition and discussion.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
the point is, Gheb, is that you have FAILED in having any kind of solid reason for explaining why my play style is anti-town. i have only shown how the way i carry myself does more for the town.
No, I haven't. You just ignored my argument so far and were lucky that nobody seemed to notice.

wat? arent we all still homer?
i still don't get it. do we have the same roles as before? were new ones issued out?
Those posts are what I was talking about. There's no point in posting BS like that (if you really wanted to know you would've just asked Macman via PM/AIM) unless you want town to speculate about why you post stuff like that. These posts have implications (are you homer again? does everybody have the same role AGAIN?) that are unnecessary and potentially misleading for town.

so before i vote you i want you to try to explain to me why you believe me play style is anti-town, Gheb. im pretty sure i'll have a good time laughing at whatever your response is.
I'm getting around to realize why Kevin wants to get rid of you. Such ... arrogance...

Illlegal Edit: I only fixed the quote brackets

Cacti

Smash Journeyman

Next you decide to unvote Omni, seemingly because of pressure to do so. You are clearly not confident enough in your votes to keep them on people. You just do what people tell you to do and it is simply ridiculous. Don't vote people if you are going to unvote them the second someone asks you why you voted for them. It is majorly scummy.
Well, what I was thinking was that I would be accused of being scummy either way. If I unvoted, then I would be accused of unvoting because of the pressure, but if I stayed on Omni, I would be accused of contradicting myself, as I had stated before that I thought that he was town. I decided to unvote because it was L-2, and I don't really want to lynch Omni. Staying on him would do no good.

At this point is infinitely better to vote someone that you find scummy than say you are kind of suspicious of them. I do not think voting someone is scummy if you provide valid reasoning and stick to your vote or give a solid reason to unvote.
I think I have problems with decisions. I tend to doubt myself on voting people...

But, Vote: McFox for reasons stated before.

Omni

BRoomer
But, Vote: McFox for reasons stated before.
My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox
why did you choose to vote him now rather than earlier? did something change? and are you saying you will place a vote on a person over something that is "not very big"? id like to know so i can tell how much weight is actually in your vote

Those posts are what I was talking about. There's no point in posting BS like that (if you really wanted to know you would've just asked Macman via PM/AIM) unless you want town to speculate about why you post stuff like that. These posts have implications (are you homer again? does everybody have the same role AGAIN?) that are unnecessary and potentially misleading for town.
there's nothing misleading about them. he started the day without assigning new roles. i then only remembered after talking with him that he gave us the new roles a week ago. im use to receiving my role right before the day starts. there's nothing misleading about my statements. you're just latching onto the nearest leg to hump on from the get go.

I'm getting around to realize why Kevin wants to get rid of you. Such ... arrogance...
cry me a river. tell me when you're done whining so we can have more worthwhile discussions.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cacti said:
My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox, who seems like he's trying to keep scummish/weak townies alive so he can have easy candidates to lynch the following days
I'd hardly call "ending the Day almost two weeks early with a probable mislynch just because people don't like Omni's playstyle" as keeping him alive so I can lynch him later. Maybe Omni would be an easy lynch on later days, but you know when he'd be a really easy lynch? Right now.

Also, that's an excellent subtle *NUDGE* calling Omni "scummish/weak":

Cacti said:
Now that he has responded, I don't really think that he's mafia
So... is Omni scummy, or isn't he? Please make up your mind before responding. You unvoted him for not being scummy, but then accuse me of trying to keep scummy players alive...?

Omni

BRoomer
Vote: Cacti

i'll start posting again after everyone actually starts participating

Riddle

Smash Lord
At least Omis has posted. Rockin hasn't even posted yet.

Prod: Rockin

Prod: Omis

I'm done with colors. I make too many mistakes and then I can't edit :(.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I'd hardly call "ending the Day almost two weeks early with a probable mislynch just because people don't like Omni's playstyle" as keeping him alive so I can lynch him later. Maybe Omni would be an easy lynch on later days, but you know when he'd be a really easy lynch? Right now.

Also, that's an excellent subtle *NUDGE* calling Omni "scummish/weak":

So... is Omni scummy, or isn't he? Please make up your mind before responding. You unvoted him for not being scummy, but then accuse me of trying to keep scummy players alive...?
When did I ever mention Omni being scummish/weak in that post?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I decided to just get rid of the inactivity rule. Now it's just if you don't post in 60 hours you get prodded. If you get 3 prods, you get replaced or modkilled.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
When did I ever mention Omni being scummish/weak in that post?
Cacti said:
My biggest fos (which is not very big) would be McFox, who seems like he's trying to keep scummish/weak townies alive so he can have easy candidates to lynch the following days
If the red text is not referring to Omni, then who are you talking about?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
gaaaaaaaah! effing sorry! Was honestly busy with other threads x_x

I'll post sometime tonight or tomorrow ><;;

Omis

my friends were skinny
ok really you guys?
There is nothing important going on. Im trying to restric myslef from this talk because I have huge personal bias against how Omni plays and I would love to see him gone. Unfortunately that isnt too fair so Im omitting myself from this talk.

Top Bottom