• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
McFox being scum was my biggest fear. I kind of expected frozen to be scum D3 and I actually mentioned it but mentos/rockin didn't seem to pursue the point. My hammer against Jungle was like a couple of hours before the deadline and nobody (except myself) had any other suspicions - how was that premature? Problem was (imo) that I never got to convinve town of my suspicions (except KK -_-) and Kevin/McFox put a lot more effort into this game than Mentos/Rockin did (no offense).

Omni you are a fucking idiot. This town left the biggest bulk of the work for me and I was the 2nd least experienced player after D1. Try to beat a scumteam of McFox, Frozen and Kevin (oh wait, you already MISERABLY failed to do that in FFVII Mafia) or else shut your big mouth and become actually good at this game yourself.

Good stuff Macman, the game was totally awesome. Theme + Roles were really good.

I did bad but I think so did town overall - we were all to tunneled. Lesson learned: Never trust a cop claim in a game with a Yak.

:059:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
we were all to tunneled. Lesson learned: Never trust a cop claim in a game with a Yak.
almost agree with this,
it's more like, never let a cop claim dominate all of the discussion with or without a yak. Kevin played all of yall like fools.

and omni if you are referring to ghebs vote on kevin that allowed the quicklynch, it didn't really matter. There was no possible way for town to win after they lynched KK. D4 was just a formality kind of.

Thanks to Chaco and Tom for helping me balance. Thanks to Tom for looking over my role pms.

edit: it's funny how none of the town powers ever really came into play

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I look at mafia a lot more from a game designer's perspective than anything else lately, and this game was very balanced on paper and most likely in most ways it plays out.

This way was not. Day 1 the doctor was lynched. Day 2 the tracker was lynched. Day 3 the final mason was lynched. These are all basically three individual happenings that should never happen, and they all happened; 1 for the yak and 2 for the traitor, imo.

KevinM was the epitome of the way the traitor role should be played in this game.

Good job to Macman for hosting and again good job to all of the scum.

And good **** Marshy @ fake Day 1.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed @ Tom's comment about Kevin. He basically carried the game for Mafia even though he was a "townie". Good stuff.

:059:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To be honest if I had two votes I was going to quick hammer myself so there was no discussion about the other players and mafia would have won anyways.

**** YOU FROZEN

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ya know, I was gonna push kevin's lynch on D2, then I got thinking "we had a pseudo-tracker die already from our doc, maybe jungle had a safe claim and picked that role" and went with it. Wasn't a good decision

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I ****ING HATE THAT.

Hey guess what you called the scum good job, doesn't mean your a good mafia player.

Mafia is 30 percent finding the scum 70 percent convincing the others to why you're right.

Coming in and saying, I KNEW IT, or Should have listened to me. Just makes you seem dumb because if you were truly the caliber of player you wish to present yourself as you would be able to make a case about it as well.

This isn't a personal stab at you at all KK I promise, but its the general attitude of SWF mafia and it's the wrong way to go about it.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I knew who the mafia was all along. Of course I didn't want to convince you guys. I also kinda figured Kevin was traitor while reading the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Honestly, since Kev's "I got roleblocked" coincided perfectly with frozen and I's "let's roleblock Kev" plan, we thought for sure he was cop.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ehh, I knew he wasn't really cop when jungle claimed tracker and I knew neither were maf. Kevin's name didn't point torwards paranoid at all. He didn't seem that concerned with the possibility that he was paranoid either.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I ****ING HATE THAT.

Hey guess what you called the scum good job, doesn't mean your a good mafia player.

Mafia is 30 percent finding the scum 70 percent convincing the others to why you're right.

Coming in and saying, I KNEW IT, or Should have listened to me. Just makes you seem dumb because if you were truly the caliber of player you wish to present yourself as you would be able to make a case about it as well.

This isn't a personal stab at you at all KK I promise, but its the general attitude of SWF mafia and it's the wrong way to go about it.
No my strategy would have worked. I would've pushed an attack onto McFox(he attacked me and did find some scumminess exuding from him) after jungle was NK'ed and we found out you were scum. Problem is I probably would not have attacked FF.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just still angry that Cacti's role dissuaded me from my gut that Kev was lying. I had such a strong inclination, and the only reason I didn't push it was because of Cacti being pseudo-tracker which made Jungle's claim seem worse. And with everyone saying he was a kind of watcher, I could see Jungle making a mistake like that if he was fake claiming. After that I got way too distracted from my original thoughts :/

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Problem is KK, your arguments are to weak to push a lynch.

That's where you're lacking you need to be able to push the lynch to win for town.

Knowing isn't even half the battle.

Top Bottom