• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
are you arguing just to be right in your response to the frozen quote in 436 omni?
not sure i understand this question. pointing out that "X players sucks balls" is a personal problem that i could care less about when im stimulating conversation. i've asked what was wrong with my play style and offered to receive advice only to get stuck with:

Rofl Omni is making it easier by being blatantly scummy and trying to write off arguments.

It's an easy D1 lynch for me.
nothing to argue or respond to. just kevin being unhelpful as usual.

eventually, he'll just wait for me to post enough times so he can post the "wall of kevin" in an attempt to justify his tunneling.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I wasn't talking about Kev at all. You started coasting before Kev switched gears back to you, because too many people were on your back, or so it seems.
who were the people that were on my back? then recall the reasons why they were on my back. pretty sure gheb pulled off and omis never responded to my question leaving kevin. if kevin wanted to have a discussion, we could talk, but right now he's just being stupid

i stopped posting because i realize i have a habit of overcentralizing the game around myself rather than letting people input their own opinions on the situation.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count

[1]Omni: KevinM
[2]McFox: Mentosman, Cacti
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[3]Cacti: Riddle, Omni, Rockin
[1]KevinM: Marshy
[1]Not Voting: Omis, Gheb, Frozenflame

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 7th. EST

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
1) I still feel that this was a pretty intense pounce. Yeah, he could've clarified with Mac privately, but it doesn't really seem to be a scumtell to me either.
Not a scumtell, I agree. But its many possible impliactions can be seen as an attempt to make player speculate about them (is he asking if everybody is homer again or is he is trying to imply that he IS in fact homer again? If so is he lying? Was it a slip?), which can lead town on the wrong track. Not obviously a scummy move but anti-town.
Also, he did it twice, not just once...Idk, if he REALLY wanted to know he could've at least avoided to post it twice but just ask Yedi privately...

2) His vote for you was not an OMGUS, as you had not voted for him yet.
It was an OMGUS vote nevertheless. I was accusing him of something to which he responded with a vote. That's OMGUS too in my book.

You did so in your next post, essentially turning your vote into the OMGUS.
By your definition you could call it OMGUS but it really wasn't. I could've voted him right after pointing out, why I thought he's anti-town before he voted me ... I just didn't do it because I wanted to give him time to respond, which included his vote against me (which is OMGUS in my book)

Besides his reason to vote me was laughable (because I used "marshy's retort").

That is an incredibly weak reason to continue to coast. "Nothing important is going on"? If nothing's going on, that's bad, and as town, it's your job to make something go on. Continuing to not contribute helps no one but scum.
I agree with this. Serious discussion already started and Omis passed the 72 hrs. deadline for Prod again...

Prod Omis

Gheb - if you omitted Omni's first few posts of the day, would you still find him suspicious?
No

I also don't think it's really anti-town if he's saying "I'll be coasting from now on". I mean it does have warrant because some people can coast through the whole day just to drop under everybodys radar while Omni in general tries to be active and draws all the suspicions.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, the last sentence was poorly worded. What I wanted to say "Omni draws all the suspicions BECAUSE he tries to be active" while some drop under the radar by coastin but contributing nothing at all

Riddle

Smash Lord
Seriously Gheb. Will you stop prodding people? It doesn't help at all. Prodding is based on activity in this game not how many people prod them. It is getting on my nerves that you keep prodding people even though I already had a post or two about this.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I decided to just get rid of the inactivity rule. Now it's just if you don't post in 60 hours you get prodded. If you get 3 prods, you get replaced or modkilled.
Gheb stop prodding people, Marshy's inactivity rule is no longer in effect.

You may however still request for me to prod someone, and I will go check if its been over 60 hrs.

edit: Omis has already been prodded. There are a few others who should be as well, but if they post before I leave for the weekend today I will hold off on prodding them.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mcfox - Simple!

Rockin summons KK

KK uses 'Pressure vote'

It's super effective!

Kevin....please explain your vote. I think I know why Marshy voted KEvin. But seriously you guys both shouldn't make posts that only have voting.
I'm assuming he voted you because you voted with absolutely no reason. I've actually seen you do the same thing.
So do you 'think' or do you 'know?' Not sure if I'm being sensitive over this, but make up your mind. Regardless, it doesn't seem like you don't want to tell the reason.

Fos: Riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
think and assume are used synonymously. My only point is that, for instance in FF mafia the same thing happened except opposite. I thought that this would have similar reasoning. PErson 1 votes for undisclosed reasons. Person 2 Votes person 1 because person 1 didn't give any reasons.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Question to everyone because I want to know and discussion always helps: Why should we NOT lynch inactives D1?

- If they are scum they might just try fall off everyone's radar; that's already suspicious. They also leave no traces to look back upon when we reach D2
- If they're town then town has one less vote the whole time - this will increasingly hurt town when individual votes start to matter more and more
- If they're still inactive D2 they just degenerate into a tool for scum. Scum can try to initiate a lynch against inactives to buy themselves another day and force a mislynch and they have a legit reason to do so (since inactives are usually bad for town to have) while remaining safe. Scum also has an easier time targeting players @ night because they can largely ignore inactives

The problem with inactive players is that their existence already puts us at a WIFOM situation for D2. Is it good to vote them or not? Scum could vote them because it's safe to play for them but it's also in town's interest (due to the other reasons) so it becomes increasingly awkward to deal with inactive players.
If there's a time to lynch inactives then it's D1. Does everybody agree with this? If not what reasons do you have against it?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Or we could just let them get replaced..
This.

Active lurking is majorly scummy, however being inactive is not. There are many reasons for being inactive that have nothing to do with mafia. Your point is contradictory anyways. We should lynch inactives so scum can't beat us to it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd prefer replacements too but it's not always possible. I'm asking in case we can't find anybody

Your point is contradictory anyways. We should lynch inactives so scum can't beat us to it?
It's about D1, keep that in mind.

D1 will most likely have a mislynch at the end of the day given the odds we have. Since we're 11 players I'm assuming that there are 2 mafia players, 1 indie and 8 townies aka 8 vs 3. Even if there's no SK we lose 2 players before D2, which puts us at 6 vs 3 but with an inactive townie we're already down to 5 vs 3 for D2. Again assuming that we lose 2 players before the next day starts (1 lynch, 1 NK) we'd be pretty much screwed D3 because we're essentially at 3 vs 3 aka we lost. It's not that unlikely to mislynch both D1 and D2 and if that happens we're in trouble if we still have an inactive player among us.

I know that we still have a cop, a doc and possibly some other power roles but I don't really want to rely on them too much because they might be NK'd early or killed by a mislynch (assuming they're forced to claim they're probably gonna be NK'd). Now lets take the small chance into account that there actually COULD BE a SK in this game and you see that things can work out really badly. Even if there's a vig we're almost dead if he hits a townie.
We just need every vote we can get and inactivity really limits our options in that regard.

I'm aware that this is just speculation but it's not that unrealistic to have 2 mafia players, 1 non-SK indie (lyncher or survivor) and 8 townies in a 11 player setup. I hope this makes sense to you guys.
I really think that inactives should be killed asap unless they become active again soon enough (we can still scumhunt until the deadline approaches) or are being replaced but if you can't find replacements...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I really don't want this issue to dominate our D1 discussions but I think it's something we should keep in the back of our minds...

Riddle

Smash Lord
Nah. I still disagree.

I try to lynch mafia/indie and that is it. Lynching someone for any reason other than scumminess is imo a bad idea.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, Riddle, I know. We had that discussion in TSMafia before. Lynching scum ALWAYS has top priority. I don't think this needs to be pointed out thus I didn't do it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nevermind, you're probably right. I still want you to keep in mind how this could work out thoough...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I still think that in terms of inactives, we could either get them replaced or the mod can modkill them. This isn't the end of the world for either option, but I rather we replace.If we lynched inactives, we could possibly wasted a lynch (despite the fact we had a good discussion). It's almost as bad as a no lynch cause we get little to no info to carry to D2. Also, I reframe from using my vote on inactives because half to most of the time, they are townies. Also, it's not like inactives are invisible. And yes, I know Marshy coasted himself through D1, but that is ya fault for not being more observant >_>

Time to put something of note out. Cacti has the most votes out of everyone else, yet I havn't really seen an effort to like...convince us that he's town. Does anyone find that odd?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Well there isn't really much for me to say. Your case has been that I am scummy for giving terrible reasons for voting and my post where I was pseudo-scumhunting. I don't really have much to say about that but I was skimming, and not really paying attention then. I see how they were scummish moves, and I would be voting myself rightnow if I were a townie.

I notice how nobody gets on Marshy for popping in every now and then to do a random vote/say "is x dead yet". Also, just now, he bandwagons onto Omni for no reason at all. I think that this might be him actively lurking, which brings me to ask Riddle why his vote is on me instead of Marshy, when you said "Active lurking is majorly scummy".

Will someone please get Mentos and Omis?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Well there isn't really much for me to say. Your case has been that I am scummy for giving terrible reasons for voting and my post where I was pseudo-scumhunting. I don't really have much to say about that but I was skimming, and not really paying attention then. I see how they were scummish moves, and I would be voting myself rightnow if I were a townie.

I notice how nobody gets on Marshy for popping in every now and then to do a random vote/say "is x dead yet". Also, just now, he bandwagons onto Omni for no reason at all. I think that this might be him actively lurking, which brings me to ask Riddle why his vote is on me instead of Marshy, when you said "Active lurking is majorly scummy".

Will someone please get Mentos and Omis?
@ Bold

Uhhh what? Care to explain what you meant?

I hate to metagame, but MArshy isn't really being out of character. I find you more summy than Marshy right now and so my vote is on you.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sorry Cacti, but you keep playing the "I'm no good and keep making scummy moves. I also have no defense" card, or as I see, the "newbie" card. Saying it once or twice wouldn't be so bad, but you keep bringing it up without even trying to defend yourself.

I would vote, but from my count he's at L-2 right now, so I'll hold off since we have a few more days until deadline. But if nothing else comes up, I'll probably go with him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
finding replacement for omis
Mentos too, please.

Cacti's behaviour is really confusing. Not sure if he's scummy though...it seems like he's kind of struggling to get some grip in this game imo. Assuming that there's no jester in this game because it's a horrible and broken role (plus it's better to lynch the jester regardless imo) I can't really see what he's up to...he's playing somewhat similar to swords in TSMafia although not quite as scummy.

Cacti, drawing the newbie card or admitting that you were acting strangely once is fine but mentioning it over and over is just lame and doesn't help your case. If you come to understand that your votinng/unvoting behaviour against Omni and McFox is weird then learn from it and accept it but don't come of johning about it the whole time.
Saying things like "if I were town I'd vote myself" doesn't even make sense. If you're really town then why would you vote yourself? That doesn't help the other townies at all...I mean nobody wants to kill off a townie when we're looking for scum in actuality.

I'm wondering what Marshy thinks about Cacti...he hasn't posted anything about him.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Really Cacti? You have nothing to say in answer to my post? I call you out on not defending yourself and say I'll probably vote for you before the Day is out, and you choose to ignore it? It looks like the lynch is going your way, and you're not even making an attempt to convince people that you are a member of the town.

I know Tom hates jesters, I wonder how Mac feels about them...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Guys, I just concluded a quick readthrough of this game, but as its 4:35 in the morning and I have class at 9, I am goign to go to bed.

My only thing right now is this: I hate the newbie card. It's something new players generally tend to use when they make a mistake as mafia and think they can cover their *****. I know, I've done it and I've seen it be done before.

More to come tomorrow.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good to see you stepping it up for Omis, Jungle. Mentos posted a couple of times in MegaMafia so he's def. not "inactive". Maybe somebody should remind him to post here.

McFox, I doubt that there's a jester in this game because most people hate that role. Considering that we're playing in the realm of the Simpsons there might be a chance though. Honestly, I'd rather lynch the jester anyways because he's anti-town nevertheless and keeping him around is just plain dumb.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
First, I'm not the jester... You'll know once I'm at L-1 and don't hammer myself. Unless sometimes the jester can't hammer himself...

Second, I've been trying to help town more then others; I've stated some foses, and tried to scumhunt before. Meanwhile, some people are just cruising through, letting people pressure me like Mentos (who as Gheb said, has posted in other mafias), and Marshy, who is popping in every now and then to vote somebody without reason (although this might be typical behavior for him, I wouldn't know), and Omis, who posted once giving a reason to lurk, but I'm not so sure about this one as he has computer problems I think. If I get lynched, which I think I will, just remember these people.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Cacti if you read like 4 posts above you, I've replaced Omis. And what you are doing is no help to the town. Laying down and accepting the fact that 'yeah i made scummy mistakes' doesn't help us. It just gives the mafia someone to use as bait.

Honestly, theres two days before the end of the day, for the love of god try to give us some reason not to lynch you? Can you not claim?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, this time I'm actually going to get caught up on this game tonight for sure. I've been so focused on the games further in/bigger situations I keep forgetting about this one:/ But, with Test Subject in night and Mega in twilight, I'll have time to get caught up here and it'll be smooth sailing from there.

Top Bottom