• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simpsons Mafia: will homer survive?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Page Break Vote Count

[1]Omni: Marshy
[2]McFox: Mentosman, Cacti
[1]Gheb: Mcfox
[4]Cacti: Riddle, Omni, Rockin, KevinM
[3]Not Voting: Junglefever, Gheb, Frozenflame

It takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is set for the last second of October 7th. EST

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mentos and Jungle :D

GET ON HERE BABIES

*holds hand out*

Smooth sailing on the SS. Cacti straight to victory rd.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Cacti if you read like 4 posts above you, I've replaced Omis. And what you are doing is no help to the town. Laying down and accepting the fact that 'yeah i made scummy mistakes' doesn't help us. It just gives the mafia someone to use as bait.

Honestly, theres two days before the end of the day, for the love of god try to give us some reason not to lynch you? Can you not claim?
I can claim, and it looks like I'm going to get lynched, so I guess I will unless oppose me to claiming.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I wouldve gotten em from you..so you should know :mad:

No seriously Cacti, claim. At this point you have no reason not to. The more time you give us to think about your claim, the more wec ould potentially learn from it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
steel is replacing omni. The deadline has been extended to the last second of the 11th

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I am Ned Flanders, Doctor and Watcher... Tracker... Thingy. I visit people and I can also see if they are are at home or visiting somebody. Now I'm going to get night killed...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm sorry.

You're tracker/watcher/doctor......

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
And Unvote: McFox he seems to have been genuinely trying to help get discussion started and scumhunt. I would really like for Marshy to explain his votes...

Riddle

Smash Lord
Wait, let me get this straight.

You are a doctor/watcher. You protect someone if they are home, however if they aren't home you know it?

Anything I am missing?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I could quote every post of Cacti's and point out the 10 scum tells in every one of them but I think he's just playing extremely dumb right now since he's brand new. I'm inclined to believe his claim as it seems like a rather complex one and a combination of two roles which I haven't seen done before, something that a new player probably wouldn't come up with unless his mafia buddy told him to post it. Note that I hate playing around with the newbie card as much as the next guy but I'm getting town vibes from him.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
unhelpful? i tried to give people a way off the cacti wagon with getting you to 1 vote less than him, meanwhile you kept your vote on gheb despite it going nowhere...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Riddle - I think he's saying if they're home, he can protect them. If they're not home, he can watch who comes inside said house.

If that were the case

anybody's bullshit went off?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Riddle - I think he's saying if they're home, he can protect them. If they're not home, he can watch who comes inside said house.

If that were the case

anybody's bullshit went off?
No, if they are not home then I just know if they are not home and i cannot protect them, i cannot see anything else.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I kept my vote on Gheb to make the point that if you don't think someone is scummy and you don't want them to be lynched yet, and you have your vote on them, then the smart thing to do might be to unvote? Instead of telling other people not to vote.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to believe Cacti's claim.

Firstly, while at first it seemed overpowered, it is actually less powerful than a doc in my opinion.

Secondly, Ned Flanders is an important Simpsons characters and there are no CCs.

Thirdly, Cacti doesn't seem to be the type to make up a role like that.

However, I believe that protective role claims are often good lynch targets since they are dead the next night anyways and are a good candidate for a maf fake-claim.

For all we know Ned could be a safe claim and his partner could have told him to claim doc/watcher.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Your second and third point dont really hold up with me Riddle

about the second one: only about 4 of us have responded.

third one: so you are making a judgement on this based off of...what? you already said that his partner could have tol dhim to claim that. Why are you inclined to believe otherwise

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Firstly, while at first it seemed overpowered, it is actually less powerful than a doc in my opinion.

Secondly, Ned Flanders is an important Simpsons characters and there are no CCs.

However, I believe that protective role claims are often good lynch targets since they are dead the next night anyways and are a good candidate for a maf fake-claim.

For all we know Ned could be a safe claim and his partner could have told him to claim doc/watcher.
So basically you copy pasted what I said and put it in your own words (almost your own words).

I don't want to lynch him right now, while his helpfulness thus far has been somewhat minimal we don't know what could happen overnight.

Riddle

Smash Lord
So basically you copy pasted what I said and put it in your own words (almost your own words).

I don't want to lynch him right now, while his helpfulness thus far has been somewhat minimal we don't know what could happen overnight.
Umm actually only one of the points was the same.

@ Jungle

Obviously Point 2 will change of someone CC's.

Point 3 isn't really a good point I just like groups of 3. The maf buddy thing only applies if his maf buddy is smart/experienced as well. Its just something to think about.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I kept my vote on Gheb to make the point that if you don't think someone is scummy and you don't want them to be lynched yet, and you have your vote on them, then the smart thing to do might be to unvote? Instead of telling other people not to vote.
what are your thoughts on cacti's claim? this goes out to everyone, but you're the only one to not initially weigh in on whether or not they're inclined to believe the claim

Umm actually only one of the points was the same.

@ Jungle

Obviously Point 2 will change of someone CC's.

Point 3 isn't really a good point I just like groups of 3. The maf buddy thing only applies if his maf buddy is smart/experienced as well. Its just something to think about.
that's kind of hard to believe and i wish you didn't post it in the first place unvote mcfox vote riddle

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
My role isn't overpowered at all, I cannot protect roles not at home, so I cannot protect power roles that are visiting.

Why would it be better to lynch me riddle? As I am going to get nightkilled anyways, lynching me would be the same as no lynching, except two townies die instead of one. If we use our probable mislynch on someone else, I will be nightkilled for sure, with no chance or a power role other than me getting killed along with me as the day lynch.

Riddle

Smash Lord
what are your thoughts on cacti's claim? this goes out to everyone, but you're the only one to not initially weigh in on whether or not they're inclined to believe the claim

that's kind of hard to believe and i wish you didn't post it in the first place unvote mcfox vote riddle
kind of hard to believe in what way?

Explain yourself so I can explain my post...

That goes to you to Kev

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Riddle two or three of our points were exactly the same and your first line was word for word.

Anyway, riddle lynch sounds good to me

vote: riddle

Riddle

Smash Lord
My role isn't overpowered at all, I cannot protect roles not at home, so I cannot protect power roles that are visiting.

Why would it be better to lynch me riddle? As I am going to get nightkilled anyways, lynching me would be the same as no lynching, except two townies die instead of one. If we use our probable mislynch on someone else, I will be nightkilled for sure, with no chance or a power role other than me getting killed along with me as the day lynch.
Protective roles have almost no chance of living the night if they are telling the truth and protective roles are good mafia fake-claims.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't know, I'm kind of flip-flopping on it. I was going to vote Cacti more just because he was being unhelpful to town than the fact that I thought he was scummy. If he's telling the truth, however, then his power could be really useful for town (assuming he doesn't get night-killed (which I'm thinking is pretty slim right now)). And seeing as how I didn't originally find him scummy anyway, I'm inclined to believe it, although it does seem a tad overpowered.

For now, I'm 70% on thinking he's telling the truth.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
If he is town, which I believe he is, we don't know that he will definitely be nk'd.

Heck, he could be baiting the nk and his role could actually be army veteran/paranoid gun owner.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I could quote every post of Cacti's and point out the 10 scum tells in every one of them but I think he's just playing extremely dumb right now since he's brand new. I'm inclined to believe his claim as it seems like a rather complex one and a combination of two roles which I haven't seen done before, something that a new player probably wouldn't come up with unless his mafia buddy told him to post it. Note that I hate playing around with the newbie card as much as the next guy but I'm getting town vibes from him.
Riddle said:

The posts side by side for reference.

First of all the main points of your post:

1) Cacti is scummy but I think he is just dumb, new town.

2) Cacti's role seemse to complicated for a newbie to make up. His mafia buddy could have done it though. I'm inclined to believe him.

3) I hate the newbie card but I think Cacti is townie.

My points:

1) I believe Cacti's claim mostly.

2) This role isn't that overpowered.

3) No CC's for an important character.

4) Cacti is too knew to make up that role.

5) Protective Role claims are good targets for lynches, because maf tend to claim them.

6) Ned could be a safeclaim and Caci's partner helped him with the role claim.

IDk they seem pretty different to me.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
What really gets me is the 'tracker...watcher...thingy''

Now, it SHOULD SAY in his PM what he is, there should be no...thingy. There should be no 'im not sure if im a tracker or watcher'. Maybe I'm just reading too hard into his language.

With that, the many other scum tells which he admits to, and the chances of such a role being in the game....urg

im just inclined to not believe it

Top Bottom