• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

Samtheslightlygood

Smash Rookie
Let me know if this has been posted. I checked, but I could have missed it.

If Link is on your team and hits you with a bomb and you fall off of a map (which should not happen) he'll get a point.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
If you are good at Z-canceling, you can hit a Jiggs's Nair -> DownB at the same time.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
I'm assuming you mean the down b connects BEFORE the character is out of the hitbox?

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I hit Nair and Downb at the same time, while the other char is on Nair's hitsun.
Not literally at the same time, but you know what I mean.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I like Kirby dittos, I seem to feel more comfortable in the more simplistic ones (Kirby, Puff, Samus)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
well if we're using the BEST way of rating a match-up which is ratio of percents each character wins the match-up, then kirby v kirby is like 100:0.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I have the greatest Samus combo ender from that but I can't figure out how to combo into it (well I figured out one way but way too hard), think I've posted about that before. Maybe you could do it Ricky lol

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Yeah I have the greatest Samus combo ender from that but I can't figure out how to combo into it (well I figured out one way but way too hard), think I've posted about that before. Maybe you could do it Ricky lol
I have done that In a combo, but I formated my pc. I can send you a combo recorded with my cellphone lol if you wan't brother.
And yea is hard, Hitting a Jab and then turn to the other side and Hit a Dair.

I don't wanna show it, cuz I don't do more combos. You deserve it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's probably not the same because I need to combo into a specific place, Falcon into the corner of Hyrule's tent at like 70-100%

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Alright, here's the scenario. You're Fox on dreamland. You just died. You're waiting and floating up in the center of the stage. If you hold back on the control stick (relative to whichever way you're facing), you'll automatically edge-cancel the top platform. This works both ways.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Alright, here's the scenario. You're Fox on dreamland. You just died. You're waiting and floating up in the center of the stage. If you hold back on the control stick (relative to whichever way you're facing), you'll automatically edge-cancel the top platform. This works both ways.
A lot of Chars can do that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
This is weird. If you hug the right side of the Hyrule tent green building with Kirby's grounded up-b, you get reduced height (don't reach top of tent). Doesn't work on left side. And yes I made sure both were grounded.

Long ago DMoogle asked how he didn't reach the top of the tent with Kirby's up-b in the Ask a Question thread, and I said it could have been him accidentally tap jumping before up-bing because the aerial Final Cutter has reduced height. But it could have been this too.

Also I remember discovering something new yesterday and thinking "I'll post it in the simple facts you may not know thread". But now I cannot remember what it is for the life of me, FFFFFFFFFFFF

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Haha I love that thing with Kirby.

I was playing online, and suddenly something happens, all the projectiles doesnt move lol they stay on the same place where they was shooted. Was epic, I practically spam the full charge shot everywhere, was like a mine field.

Don't know what happens there xd

SSBPete

Smash Lord
This is weird. If you hug the right side of the Hyrule tent green building with Kirby's grounded up-b, you get reduced height (don't reach top of tent). Doesn't work on left side. And yes I made sure both were grounded.

Long ago DMoogle asked how he didn't reach the top of the tent with Kirby's up-b in the Ask a Question thread, and I said it could have been him accidentally tap jumping before up-bing because the aerial Final Cutter has reduced height. But it could have been this too.

Also I remember discovering something new yesterday and thinking "I'll post it in the simple facts you may not know thread". But now I cannot remember what it is for the life of me, FFFFFFFFFFFF
isn't the ground slanted?

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
isn't the ground slanted?

Well yeah I know that, I'm the one who found that out. Are you saying that Kirby can't reach from the right side because of lower elevation? Because Kirby CAN reach, he only doesn't when he hugs the wall.

Sangoku

Smash Master
tell me tell me tell me

You know how if two characters die at the same time on their last stock, the highest port gets the win, right? You also know that Hyrule's right side is slanted (higher in the left part). So I thought about taking to Jigglypuffs there, one on the left end and one on the right end. The one in the left was p4 and in the right p1. They both start shielding at the same time (so that p4 should get the win), but since p4 is also a little bit higher, she should die first and not get the win.

Well this didn't work and p4 got the win anyway. Which makes me think the ground is so slightly sloped that there shouldn't be noticeable height differences with character jumps, except from Fox's shine.

Top Bottom