• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steep

Smash Lord
If you get a chance Day you can put down steep as being there definitely! I might bring a friend who mains samus and is pretty good. His name is Coop.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Are we still attempting to stretch out Brawl and Melee between two days? We are approaching this event soon and I want to see what's carved in stone. Public demand though suggests not making Brawl two days though...

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The problem about that is brawl was barely able to last one day last time. It would be pretty hard to only have it one day like the last two especially since its likely to go on till 3 am again. I'm guessing it was also hectic for the TOs, which is why this was made into a 2 day tourney.

I still think its possible, the staff of TOs would just have to be very strict if they'd like to save 3 to 4 hours of time. Thats actually pretty tough to do.

ZTD | TECHnology

Things were ran pretty lax last time though. If it were ran tighter I can see it going down in one day. Also based on what I see so far this event will be smaller than previous SIIS tournaments.

I mean I'll help, I just need to know what we're dealing with. Having a gameplan cuts hours.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
even if brawl did run into a second day. i dont see that mattering for anybody who doesnt make it to the top 8 to begin with.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm 95% sure I am attending!!! I will most likely be coming with my family but they will be doing tourist like things since they love that kind of stuff while I do the tournament stuff. I will also bring a setup! Also Tech I'll help you with TO work if you need it.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
The only problem about last time was the sudden lack of setups and having things go for one day. I am really hoping we will have more setups this time around (and fortunately the current place I'm having it at already has a few T.Vs. Mostly need Wiis! But T.Vs. are great!!)

Brawl pools and dubs are on Saturday and bracket is Sunday.

ZTD | TECHnology

The only problem about last time was the sudden lack of setups and having things go for one day. I am really hoping we will have more setups this time around (and fortunately the current place I'm having it at already has a few T.Vs. Mostly need Wiis! But T.Vs. are great!!)

Brawl pools and dubs are on Saturday and bracket is Sunday.
How many setups would you say is optimal?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I can bring 1 TV for sure and if my 1 wii can become USB loaded before this event, I can bring 2 Wiis.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
How many out of the list in the first post are you all expecting for Melee? I may be in Cincinnati for this, but still figuring some stuff out. Also, I don't see an exact time schedule in the first post, any idea when Melee will start?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I might Roller. I'll let you know this weekend or during next week after I figure out if anybody in my carpool isn't going.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ANYONE IN MDVA GOING WHO CAN GIVE ME A RIDE? plz i pay da good cash munni todey

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
I understand that I know just about no one in this thread, but I am probably going to need to get a hotel room (perhaps for Friday night as well), and if there is anyone or a few people who want to go on one with me, I would probably be cool with that, haha. Like I said, this is a probable thing, there is a tiny chance something will work out for me. I will have a TV and a Wii with me if you wanted to practice on Friday night (if I go that day).

I'm doing all I can to go to this!

~ Sombra ~

ZTD | TECHnology

My car MIGHT be willing to share a room again like last time. Though 8 dudes in one room, with a certain someone who doesn't know what deodorant is, made it a bit...funky.

I'll start looking into this as long as people don't smell like *** lol

midisaurus

Smash Rookie
Add me to the Melee attendance - "MIDIsaurus"

Thanks. I also can bring a Gamecube/Melee/TV setup if you still need some.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Well, Tech-Chase, I think 8 people in a room is a little to much. I would say four in a room would be sufficient, haha. It would still be cheap per room split four ways. If this interests you or your crew please send me a message so we can talk about this further. I really want to attend this. But it will be difficult if I have to pay for a room by myself.

ZTD | TECHnology

I think we can work something out. My car is riding 5 deep though (in order words we have a full car) so we'll have to see how that works. I'll get things figured out soon/talk with my people and get back to you.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Old Anthem, I'm riding down with 3 people and I could see us being interested in sharing a room with you. That would make 4 people total which isn't too bad considering the amount of fun we will be having that weekend despite sharing 1 room with 4 dudes. Now my only question for you is say you don't make it out of pools on the first day, do you plan on staying and paying for one more night that weekend or would you just leave if you were knocked out of the tournament? I know that my friends and I plan on staying till the second day of the tournament regardless if we get knocked out of pools on the first day or not.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
CREWS -

I plan to stay for both days. There is just no way I could leave Cincinnati at 1AM and have a safe trip home anyway. I would very much like for this to work out. I need this for this trip to be financially plausible.

By the way, my real tag is "Sombra." I just used my email for this thing. It's stupid. But I will be recognizable at the tournament because I will have a hat with "Sombra" stitched in the back. We will need some form of identification, of course. And also, perhaps we should go ahead and book a hotel rom? I'll check into the one given in this thread, if that is okay to you. It's looking like it will be no more than $45 (rounded up considerably) for two nights for each person. That's not too bad.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom