• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

TheLake

Smash Master
So uhhhh....Im digging nair from the ledge and to clip folks on platforms

and dins fire is epic...ish for edgeguarding when you cant get to the ledge

and jab is funny when its stops somone out of shield

WHAT SAY YOU COMRADES?!

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Cosmo's going! Or at least he's signed up and in the bracket. I heard from Mofat that he may not be going, but I'll assume that to be a false rumour. I'd go if I weren't so poor. :(

I'm kind of an asshole and I like to stall on the ledge until they try to hit me and get nicked by my Farore's, then I punish accordingly. Sometimes with fast fallers, the Farore's sets them in place for a bair off-stage into a potential edgeguard. Other than that, one thing I like to do is if they're not expecting a roll, I'll do so then immediately uptilt, and it usually hits as they rush to punish. The hitstun on that move is marvelous.

Oh, and good luck at EVO, TheLake! I was just watching some of your vids from WTCA2. :bee:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
TheLake and potentially Cosmo at Evo?! AHHHHHHHH SNAP

I'll be there too and I'll make it a point to play both of you. Who's in your bracket theLake? Mine's actually quite easy unless someone gets switched in last minute. I'm in E58 as I recall. I pretty much only have Dart to worry about and I won't reach him until Winner's finals, but that will certainly be challenging. Never heard of any of the other players on my half of the bracket though which is a generally good sign

I nair from the ledge/ nair through platforms pretty frequently. I like it a lot.

I never use din's fire. Except against Samus. And... maybe one other random character, idk

Jab is pretty sexy

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
http://smashboards.com/threads/s-t-c-e-ination-melee-brawl-tournament-results.340599/

*gasps for air*

i"M ALIVE GUYS.

Alright, so sum turneey rezults righ heiuh. Didn't do so well in Melee since my scene doesn't really invite me to play anymore. I'll literally play Melee once every 6 months, give or take. But ahhh, thought why not post them up.

Anyway, hope you guys are doing well as I see I'm the only one viewing this thread.

PG out

:zeldamelee:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Anybody have a good system for defending against the fast characters (Fox/Falcon)? Turning around and bairing approaches has worked pretty well for me. But it's very easy to bait. I have a lot of trouble economizing my space with Zelda owing to her low ground speed... SH covers pretty good ground but it leaves me so open ..

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I do a lot of jabs and WDs back in addition to my dashdancing to keep them from approaching willy nilly. At least with Fox. Against Falcon, I just DD and react to nair approaches with dash attack. And SHFFL'd double bairs are your friend.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
6 posts in all of zelda since boards came back up. This is almost as bad as the Marth boards. So depressing.Needs some rejuvinatin.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
im on the case! I got a bunch of new matches guys :D My zeldas been doing pretty good lately.

If your bored heres some cool stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJciC7eZiME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZirwJlYFW4 Last kill is sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUgBjG6EbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcoixoSeeQ

id label them but I just wont cause i dont and I cant so i shant
Laaaaaake, I've been looking for new stuff from you. <3

And oh man, you think 6 posts is bad? The Peach Boards for Brawl were arguably the most active board on the site, and now it's officially dead. There are no signs of life, and haven't been any for a long time.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
LETS MAKE THIS PLACE ACTIVE AGAINNN.

We should maybe make an FB group. It would probably make it much easier to stay in touch, since not everyone checks on on smashboards anymore.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Was this place ever really active.

*Sigh* "Oh the life of a Zelda board" [A not-so-new Zelda Social problem]

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I check Smashboards about every day too, I'd love to help make this place active. IDK how exactly I'll do that tho... :troll:

Also, did you hear? Mewtwo was recently announced to be in P:M.

Time for Zelda vs M2 to derail more threads. :troll::troll::troll:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I wish I could play online, but I'd have the same issue. Sucks because I rarely get to play anybody nowadays. Most I've been able to do is watch videos.

/cry

:zeldamelee:

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Anywhere from 1-3 frames of lag with anyone in America (unless you guys have a bad connection or really bad routing). There are a few EU players as well. Right now, they are working on UDP which will reduce lag and remove the need to port forward, and sometime in the distant future, they may attempt making it lagless, like other online fighting games, but that's very intensive on the computer, so we'll have to see about that.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Just played a few hours of friendlies at my buddy's house. Marth can be pretty rough. What's an answer to SHFFL fair to dtilt on shield? He ducks under my kicks.

$poon

Smash Rookie
I knew you were gonna stalk me. I still think I'll be able to kick you even when ducking once I get used to the timing, seeing as I can kick you on the ledge. Once I get that it'll be GGs 4 lyfe.
hahaha I was just going to the Falcon boards to see if Hax posted like he sometimes does after tourneys and you were the most recent post in the "Character Discussions" main forum

.K1

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Im a player thats recently come out of retirement (from 2007) and im bored with playing the top tiers. I played Zelda in brawl because.....I love zelda. That being said, Ive got very little idea how to play melee Zelda, and me playing like its brawl is just not cutting it. So....could someone provide a little clarity on what to do with:

1) how the **** does melee dair work. Does this **** have a sweetspot of any kind like brawl does or is it just a poor mans meteor?

2) does nair have any real priority ? or is it kinda just decent for shield poking people who are on a plat above you? I feel like any time I approach with nair I get ****ed up.

3) .......wtf do I use Nayrus for? I dont even see it as good for reflecting projectiles.....powershielding is MUCH less of a risk. Can I use reverse nayrus for stage spikes like you can in brawl? or is this move kinda just ass aside from very particular situations?

4) I feel like if I ever Dtilt or jab a fast faller at low percents, I can get punished / I cant follow up with anything. Should I just use them as "nickel and dime" moves at low percents, or is there something I can actually follow up with and not be interrupted? Im not talking point blank either, I mean at near max range.

5) Spacies. Halp. I feel like right from the word "GO!" Im at a disadvantage......this isnt really zelda specific, but any tools in particular that zelda has in these matchups would be fantastic.....especially against falco. **** that bird with his ******** safe pressure any time he wants. I can never get these two characters off of me....but that probably also has to do with the players that I play.

6) does Zelda have any pressure options herself, or is she supposed to play the space game and just work her twinkle toes?

Thanks to anyone that can provide info. I was pretty good with brawl zelda.....but thats kinda irrelevant considering she was buffed from melee, and the system mechanics / engine itself in brawl really helps her game out.

Top Bottom