• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Taiko

Smash Ace
On the topic of color wheels and schemes: I think my fellow texturizers will really dig this. Bookmark it, boys.
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
This site is great, thanks for sharing!

After taking a second look at this, Marth seems a bit too bright. Otherwise, he looks great though!
As for Ike, maybe a shift slightly toward purple or orange might work? Since you seem to be referencing Roy, a colour more similar to either Roy's hair or cape would be good, but not exactly the same, since they're not red enough (hope that made sense).

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Yo, some of these are tight, tight, tight. Some of these are cringy.

Shun, that Ike... a vibrant version of the concept art you shared with me a few months back, I see? B-b-b-baller.
If there is one thing I can count on, it's that you will always pick up on these things.

After taking a second look at this, Marth seems a bit too bright. Otherwise, he looks great though!

As for Ike, maybe a shift slightly toward purple or orange might work? Since you seem to be referencing Roy, a colour more similar to either Roy's hair or cape would be good, but not exactly the same, since they're not red enough (hope that made sense).
I agree with you on Marth, and had already edited it before you mentioned it. I normally only preview finished stuff, but I made an exception for these guys, so the results here aren't as polished as what I normally like to show.

About Ike, the idea behind it is to reference the ideas I think went into Roy's DLC design and not his design if that makes any sense. I appreciate the feed-back though, as Ike's textures are still undergoing small adjustments here and there. My working title for that Ike is "ROYal Ike", but I'll probably change it to "Duke Ike" because it gels more with what I'm aiming for. That is, Ike if he was a prince like the other FE lords.

Hang tight, folks. After I do some more testing with the Marth's, I'll put 'em out. I have 9 Marth's designed right now, all that's left is to test 'em.

Taiko

Smash Ace
I agree with you on Marth, and had already edited it before you mentioned it. I normally only preview finished stuff, but I made an exception for these guys, so the results here aren't as polished as what I normally like to show.

About Ike, the idea behind it is to reference the ideas I think went into Roy's DLC design and not his design if that makes any sense. I appreciate the feed-back though, as Ike's textures are still undergoing small adjustments here and there. My working title for that Ike is "ROYal Ike", but I'll probably change it to "Duke Ike" because it gels more with what I'm aiming for. That is, Ike if he was a prince like the other FE lords.

Hang tight, folks. After I do some more testing with the Marth's, I'll put 'em out. I have 9 Marth's designed right now, all that's left is to test 'em.
I had a feeling they weren't quite there yet, looking forward to seeing it all then!
And 9 Marths? How did you manage to do that many colours?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I had a feeling they weren't quite there yet, looking forward to seeing it all then!
And 9 Marths? How did you manage to do that many colours?
After the initial 6, I treat the additional costumes as swap-able with any of the first 6. That in mind, I'm allowed a lot more creative freedom and don't worry too much about costumes looking too similar. I focused on just getting the ideas out instead of variety, so some of them may look pretty similar to each other. I did try my best to keep them diverse anyway.

I still have a few ideas in my head, so I'm debating on whether to save 'em for Awakening Marth or just make even more Marth's.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo, some of these are tight, tight, tight. Some of these are cringy.

Purple Falcon is great.
Red Falcon is REALLY close to great, his boots just need to be more interesting. Flat gray just looks sub-professional.
Black/Green Falcon looks real cheesy from what I can tell.
Yellow Falcon is really neat, something is off but you've got a good thing going here. The blue on the boots is neat but I'm not sure it's working. Maybe I'm crazy though.

Teal and Orange DK's are really ****ing sweet. Only thing I'd recommend is to review the Teal DK's DK on his tie, perhaps a third color would be preferable, perhaps not.
Gold DK is hilarious, reminds me of Super Sonic. I think I'm diggin' it but perhaps his fur should be brightened up a little bit. The yellow DK on his tie looks totally passable but I'm interested if white text would look good or not.
Purple DK is way too deep, desaturate or brighten up a bit or something.

Lavender Link is real tight but it's too similar to the stock Blue Ring texture IMO.
Pink Link is no good IMO. It feels so untrue to the adult Link character and it really bothers me because I'm currently on a big Zelda theorycrafting kick, lol. Pink/Green is a cool combo but I am just not digging it on Link at all.
Red Link seems run-of-the-mill, I'd like to see the shield though.
Teal Link. WHOOOOO BOY. Man of the hour right here! LOOKIDAT LOOK! The worn leggings, black boots and crisp-*** gold sheath clash SO well with that tunic.

On the topic of color wheels and schemes: I think my fellow texturizers will really dig this. Bookmark it, boys.
http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Shun, that Ike... a vibrant version of the concept art you shared with me a few months back, I see? B-b-b-baller.
Bookmarked that site immediately. Also thanks for the feedback! These are literally my first textures ever, so I'm definitely learning! Haha.

If there is one thing I can count on, it's that you will always pick up on these things.

Sooo many Marth's. yes plz.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Marth is up. I'll add a rim lit version probably tomorrow.

EDIT: And in case you don't get the subtitle, it's a rough translation of Marth's vocal taunt.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Shun, I was this close to sending you the request for that custom texture you promised, but when I searched in Brawl Vault with some key words I was in awe of what's going on in other forums! It is my dream to have every character with a black/purple/white texture, and for the most part that's what they're doing for purple ( border line dark blue?)

So with that I would like to know what are your current thoughts on Project: Mirage?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I love you 210stuna for introducing me to this project... ILL GO INSANE :D

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Even though I fell in love with project mirage, I still love your work and textures, shun (especially the purple ones :3)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Marth is looking awesome. I was imagining him in orange, your version is almost spot on to that.
Yo that orange Marth is ice.
Thanks guys. I was a bit unsure about him to be honest.

Shun, I was this close to sending you the request for that custom texture you promised, but when I searched in Brawl Vault with some key words I was in awe of what's going on in other forums! It is my dream to have every character with a black/purple/white texture, and for the most part that's what they're doing for purple ( border line dark blue?)

So with that I would like to know what are your current thoughts on Project: Mirage?
In general, I'm just glad to see another group of folks try to tackle a uniform color project. As for the themes presented, I'm not too big a fan of the scheme. I think it's cool for a few characters, but I wouldn't want everyone in my game to have one. I also don't like the Project M logo that is being added to textures (it looks unnatural to me), but that's just me. As an after thought though, my Grandmaster Marth would feel right at home over there, wouldn't he?

Wow Shun, these Marths are amazing. My cBliss Marth is set.
Glad you like 'em! It was nice to get some feed-back on early versions to let me know my head is still on straight. I still have to update Mario's green and blue teams now that I think about it.

Well, guess I need to learn CBliss. O.o
Just do like me! Pick 6 and go go go!

Even though I fell in love with project mirage, I still love your work and textures, shun (especially the purple ones :3)
Glad you enjoy a variety of spices! As a hacker, I enjoy seeing folks find things that they like, even when they aren't made by me.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I love the Shadow Dragon Marth, I just got the game and I went Wide-Eyed when I saw that file name! Red Marth is perfect, I'm tempted to put in Brawl Blue Marth over something, but I already am using BOTH defaults........THESE ARE TOO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Now I want you all to know that I am an avid Captain Falcon. Prior to this day no other texture justified how manly a real man can be by wearing pink. Ooh that pink texture puts the justice & knee into another category. Simply marvelous. I've been using breast cancer awareness Falcon ever since Melee, and keep this in mind how much I glorify this character dressed in pink, and let me tell you that...Once I found and saw this texture....How rock hard I became.

Is your body ready yet?

HHHHHHHNNNNNGG!!

Such work is so detailed look at that the design on the shoulder pads and helmet.

Moving on I don't want to steal Shun's thunder with this post, but show support for creativity and art inspiring pictures such as his own.
I am purple. It is by far my favorite color in Brawl. My post is proof that everyday since the arrival of Purple Marth that I've been using him faithfully ever since, doing so insures victory. Even if I lose the match, it still means something to me, a purple Marth user, that I won another match against the other Marth textures by picking Purple. Not Green, Blue, or White, or even black, but purple. I'm glad Shun could revive the groovy time I have with purple Marth by bringing him to the next level with this new purple texture.

Thank you Shun.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just so you guys know, you're a fun bunch to roll with. You all keep me motivated to finish, so keep doin' what you're doin' and I'll get this done before 3.0 (unless 3.0 comes out like, tomorrow or something). Only a dozen or so characters left, after all. Lemme count:

Ike, Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, R.O.B., King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Kirby, ZSS, Samus, Diddy, Olimar, Yoshi, Pokemon Trainer
Extra's: Roy, Mewtwo, Melee Ganon, Young Link(?), Awakening Marth, Hero Ike

Progress Report:
Ike: 10 costumes are planned, about half of them are designed right now
Diddy: Release soon
-
Preliminary work started on Snake, Wario, and ROB
-
I recently joined a friend of mines project (in fact, you'll see some of his work pretty soon for the Vibrant Project) in preparation for when this Project wraps up. I think you will find it interesting, even if you're not keen on utilizing it. What is this project? I heard it's got something to do with a New Smash style...

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Progress Report:
Ike: 10 costumes are planned, about half of them are designed right now
Diddy: Release soon
-
Preliminary work started on Snake, Wario, and ROB
-
I recently joined a friend of mines project (in fact, you'll see some of his work pretty soon for the Vibrant Project) in preparation for when this Project wraps up. I think you will find it interesting, even if you're not keen on utilizing it. What is this project? I heard it's got something to do with a New Smash style...
Diddy's going to look awesome. I don't main him, but he's really fun to use, so this is exciting for me. My friends are really looking forward to Ike, too.

I hate Wario, but at least he'll look okay as I pummel him. haha

SSB4 content?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`m not dead. It has been forever sense I have played Project M and I am exited to get back into it with your new skins

himemiya

Smash Lord
Welcome hungry folk! In here you'll find plenty of pancakes to sate your appetite.

Old HUDS​

I like to tinker with things. Here's the HUD I currently battle with. I may make some modifications to it later, but at the moment, I'm pretty happy with it. You can find it in two flavors below, just click the images for whichever version you want.​

That's one HUD you can get. Here's another (arguably better) HUD you can download. As with before, just click the version you want.

- -​
Want to choose your characters in style? Well, I've got that covered too.​

The promised HUD update. Sports smaller BPs, 0%-50%-100%-150% damage color progression, and some adjusted Stock icons. Use, if you dare. If you don't, well I'm sure there's something here you'll like.​
A HUD loosely based on the Smash 4 Mega Man vs Mario battle. Battle damage goes from white->yellow->orange->red. In a future update, I plan to add the border back.​
Do you have any hud plans? Idk if you take request but would it be any trouble to make hud similars to hamyojo's?

Those really small stock icons and % colors going yellow doesn't do it for me but I'll appreciate it if you could come up with an hud something like in the pic. Or at least show me how I could do them?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
SSB4 content?
Not quite, but with some obvious nods I'd say.

I`m not dead. It has been forever sense I have played Project M and I am exited to get back into it with your new skins
Good to see you're alive. I am going to make a personal texture for you. Just let me know your character of choice, and a color combination.

Do you have any hud plans? Idk if you take request but would it be any trouble to make hud similars to hamyojo's?

Those really small stock icons and % colors going yellow doesn't do it for me but I'll appreciate it if you could come up with an hud something like in the pic. Or at least show me how I could do them?
Fun fact: I made that HUD. Maybe I should've hosted the thread myself so people would stop confusing my work for his.

I don't really take HUD requests anymore, especially now that I've pretty much done everything I could think of. I might do another one if I get an idea for it though.

If you want to learn to make your own most of what was done for that HUD was just simple texture replacement. Going beyond that though, you'll have to vertex hack. There should be a guide in Hamy's thread.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Good to see you're alive. I am going to make a personal texture for you. Just let me know your character of choice, and a color combination.
Thanks! I am going to need a day or two to think about it. ( I can never come up with something without thinking of 50 other things that could be better)

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Not quite, but with some obvious nods I'd say.
Sounds a lot like a project I was thinking about after PMCE is done. I'd be willing to PM you some of the ideas I've had if you're interested.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Did a Vibrant cBliss Pack for Jiggs for PMCE, though I'd share it here:
EDIT: Didn't include PAC files for these before (which apparently cBliss needs...) :laugh:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/etyq5u82gyzgu51

Previews:
I REALLY like the yellow/violet puff. That thing is great. The white one looks great too, fits well with Shun's white textures. (White, Yellow and Red)

They all look great naked, and perhaps they're best that way but I think some really great stuff could be done with hats on these colors. I think the white one should either stay naked or have a crown if that's possible at all. The yellow one would probably look really great with a medium-pale reddish ribbon.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
I REALLY like the yellow/violet puff. That thing is great. The white one looks great too, fits well with Shun's white textures. (White, Yellow and Red)

They all look great naked, and perhaps they're best that way but I think some really great stuff could be done with hats on these colors. I think the white one should either stay naked or have a crown if that's possible at all. The yellow one would probably look really great with a medium-pale reddish ribbon.
Glad you like them.

I was purposely doing them without hats. For PMCE, I was hoping to do Jiggs either with no hats (the ones I've posted plus a unreleased Maritime one with no hat) or with all of them having hats (besides default). Unfortunately I don't know how to add hats for Jiggs, but if you're interested in doing some send me a PM and we can go over what each skin should have for a hat.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
As much as I love Vibrancy, I am REALLY excited to see those Smash 4 based costumes. :D
Edit: GamenWatch was definitely a character I wasn't expecting, but it's usually the stuff that I least expect that leaves me in awe, so carry on. :)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Ike & Diddy are up.

Diddy was done by new partner, Taiko. It's his project that I've jumped aboard on, so I hope you guys give him a warm welcome (even though he's already been posting here). Speaking of which Taiko, why don't you speak a bit on the Diddy textures?

EDIT: And I seriously need to get on adding this guest stuff to the OP.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Ike & Diddy are up.

Diddy was done by new partner, Taiko. It's his project that I've jumped aboard on, so I hope you guys give him a warm welcome (even though he's already been posting here). Speaking of which Taiko, why don't you speak a bit on the Diddy textures?

EDIT: And I seriously need to get on adding this guest stuff to the OP.
DIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDYDIDDY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
I want to preface my post by saying that I have next to no ability in picture editing or really any sort of artistic talent at all.

That said, I looked through the thread for a CSP for the ALttP Toon Link that you made and I didn't find one, so I tried to make one myself. It isn't all that great, and all I did for the colors was eyeball them from that preview image you made, but hopefully it's good enough to remind a few of you guys that you aren't picking dark Tink. You can find it here.

PolarisWizard

Smash Rookie
Diddy, especially the new yellow/teal combo, looks awesome. Ike looks sick though. His Dark Knight and Sigurd costumes look rad as hell.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Diddy, huh? With some guidance from Shun, he had told me to reference the Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze artwork for colours, so after I got the base costume done, it was just a matter of messing with vBrawl's costumes.
The main consistent thing, was that the vBrawl textures all had the Nintendo logo on his hat in red. I thought, hey, why not change that up and colour it? Second, I didn't like the multi-coloured hats he had going on, so I had them all be one solid colour.
I really didn't like vBrawl's green Diddy, so I changed that one up to be a bit more consistent with his other costumes.
I was specifically asked by Shun to change Dixie (pink) Diddy, since he didn't like the blonde fur he had going on, but I liked the reference it had to Dixie. So, again, I referenced the DKC Tropical Freeze artwork, and adjusted the fur to be more like that Dixie, the rest was easy enough.
Finally, Banana Diddy. I randomly had this idea in my head, but of course, nothing in your head ever looks as good when you finally get around to doing it. This went through a lot of adjustments, but I finally got it somewhere I like!

...And that was longer than I had expected.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I have another thing to say, all the people of our university gaming club likes your vibrant characters... they begged me to copy them all to their SD card!
And me (with a problem face meme) sent them all the links of your texture recolors on the vault, you deserve even more people to appreciate the amazing creativity you apply to your textures. And I have to say, thank you for the lovely steel and ice type Charizard, I can now kick ass with style.

This is a pic taken during a battle between me, the president, the champion of our university, and a troll in our university:

We all wanted to be steel type pokemons, but since Lucario is already steel, the champion picked yellow (the black pm color)

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I have another thing to say, all the people of our university gaming club likes your vibrant characters... they begged me to copy them all to their SD card!
And me (with a problem face meme) sent them all the links of your texture recolors on the vault, you deserve even more people to appreciate the amazing creativity you apply to your textures. And I have to say, thank you for the lovely steel and ice type Charizard, I can now kick *** with style.

This is a pic taken during a battle between me, the president, the champion of our university, and a troll in our university:
I hate it when I forget to change my font colors :facepalm:

Top Bottom