• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
On 2/8/2014, my HD died and I lost basically all of my dev files for everything. That means that, for the time being, don't expect too many updates from this place while I try to get everything back together.

Welcome hungry folk! I'm Shun_One, but feel free to call me Shun. In here you'll find plenty of pancakes to sate your appetite.

...Actually, you'll just find a bunch of textures and stuff that I've put together for my own personal use. I'll be constantly updating as I make stuff for myself, so keep an eye out. I'm on the road to imrpovement so if you've got some feed-back, spill it!

For the most part, I'm solely a texture guy, but I dabble into sfx, HUDs, and menu edits on occasion. Got an interesting idea? Drop it by me. No guarantee's I'll use it, but it's always good to hear what other folks are thinking about.

I do have some plans to revamp some of my old stuff, so keep a sharp eye. I'll mention it when I do, but for the most part I'll just do things stealthily at my own pace. If you see something you like, have a concern, or just want to chat a bit, do drop a comment off.

Or don't comment. That's fine too.

If you like quality CSPs, I do encourage you to go check the link above. SJS does some quality work and he's been awesome enough to provide CSPs for the majority of my work. Got a mod you need portrait of? He's probably done it already.

Don't know where stuff goes? This quick list will help​
info.pac & info_training.pac go in the info2 folder. These are battle HUDS​
common5 goes in the system folder.​
fighter00.pac/pcs go in the fighter/#charactername# folders​
.sawnds go in the SFX folder. These are sfx mods​

Like Bowser's Inside Story? Of course you do. This'll give Bowser his voice from that game, complete with the "Showtime" battle intro utilizing an edited Fighter.pac (it's just a sfx mod, nothing else will change). Works with the Replacement Sound Bank Engine.

Like Antony Del Rio's portrayal of Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising? Then this mod is for you. This will replace all of Pit's vfx with those from Kid Icarus Uprising, ripped by yours truly.

Taiko provided some simple adjustments for all of Diddy's costumes. The Dixie alt received the biggest change of them all with a much less "blonde" fur color.

Old HUDS​
I like to tinker with things. Here's the HUD I currently battle with. I may make some modifications to it later, but at the moment, I'm pretty happy with it. You can find it in two flavors below, just click the images for whichever version you want.

That's one HUD you can get. Here's another (arguably better) HUD you can download. As with before, just click the version you want.

- -​
Want to choose your characters in style? Well, I've got that covered too.​

Sports smaller BPs, 0%-50%-100%-150% damage color progression, and some adjusted Stock icons. Use, if you dare. If you don't, well I'm sure there's something here you'll like.​
A HUD loosely based on the Smash 4 Mega Man vs Mario battle. Battle damage goes from white->yellow->orange->red. In a future update, I plan to add the border back.​
Updated for 2.6 use (and includes SJS portraits). Credit to the PMBR and SJS for letting me use their stuff. Some folks here like to swap up their characters icons, beats me as to why. But if you're one of 'em, here's some extra's. Just open up common5, go to sc_selcharacter.pac, and navigate to MiscData70. All that's left is to right-click and replace the icons you want to change with any of those below:​

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Can you have a non rim lighting version of your luigi pack? I must be the only one who thinks rim looks gross on everyone but bowser

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Can you have a non rim lighting version of your luigi pack? I must be the only one who thinks rim looks gross on everyone but bowser
Added a non-Rim Luigi to the OP. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll be sure to include non-Rim versions for everything as I go forward.

Also...I had made a HUD for myself, so I guess I'll share that too. And my CSS whenever I get around to finishing it.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Added a non-Rim Luigi to the OP. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll be sure to include non-Rim versions for everything as I go forward.

Also...I had made a HUD for myself, so I guess I'll share that too. And my CSS whenever I get around to finishing it.

Daaaaammmmnnnn that hud looks amazing

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Thanks man! your a real class act! hud looks awesome

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shh! The PMBR will hear you! It's vBrawl. Or is it!?

Thanks all, for stopping by and for the comments. I was going to release the HUD, but I just thought of a small adjustment I could make to help make things a bit more visible. Going to try it out and if it pans out or not, I'll probably put it out tomorrow.

Fox's pack is up. Also, if you've any suggestions, do tell. Sometimes I get ideas from random stuff people say. Like with Sonic. But Sonic's not ready for the public yet.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I...need to stop updating so late (at least where I am it's late).

HUD's up. Didn't even test what I was going to. I'll do it later. And well, there's a CSS preview too.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I...need to stop updating so late (at least where I am it's late).

HUD's up. Didn't even test what I was going to. I'll do it later. And well, there's a CSS preview too.
I love it. I am really excited to put it in when it is done.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
so is the CSS P:M or not?
It's for P:M. I test things in vBrawl on occasion.

@210stuna - do tell me what you think. I was going to make the character boxes smaller, but it slipped my mind and I worked on other stuff instead.

Edit: Is it weird that I don't like to post here without something to show?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I LOVE your vibrant edits by the way! How hard would it be to convert the official mars, minty, maritime to vibrant versions of themselves?

i love vibrant edits, but i also love minty, mars, maritime. decisions decisions.

P.S.

Will the next color pack be called project Melancholy? Could be rich purples and dark grays.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Will do Shun.

Will the next color pack be called project Melancholy? Could be rich purples and dark grays.
Perhaps the next project color could be decided on upon a poll?
Or even a poll inside a poll maybe?

White/Silver, Black/Purple, Yellow/Gold, Orange/Pink

The choices are many, How many all together are working with you btw Shun?
I'm sure this takes some time with tedious maneuvers and extra experimenting right?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Will do Shun.

Perhaps the next project color could be decided on upon a poll?
Or even a poll inside a poll maybe?

White/Silver, Black/Purple, Yellow/Gold, Orange/Pink

The choices are many, How many all together are working with you btw Shun?
I'm sure this takes some time with tedious maneuvers and extra experimenting right?
I love the orange and pink idea, i think white/black and purple/gray though.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
@Murio - Hm...well, I might tackle vibrant UTCP at some later date. It's not that much work, but for a single guy, it can take a while.

Next project? Not sure. The guys have been tossing ideas around, but we haven't decided for sure just yet.

@210stuna - Our core team is about 6 men deep (or was, one of us quit and I haven't seen the other in a while). Other than that, we get a few folks who jump in for a single texture, then back out when they're done. Doing these is a lot of work, and on average, we go through about 3 revisions before we get satisfied.

Also, Link is now officially up. He's got Stock icons too.

210stuna

Smash Lord
The character boxes are a tad bit big, but other than that it's pretty amazing stuff you got there Shun

I'm still use to the Melee version HUD, so it'll take some time to grow on me.

EDIT: Gee willikers great balls of gizzards on fire that CSS is super slick!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey shun, are you going to make pixel csps and Bps for these costumes too to go along with pixel project?
Hm...maybe at some point I will. Right now, I'm focusing on finishing the projects I've started (there are a lot of them)

The character boxes are a tad bit big, but other than that it's pretty amazing stuff you got there Shun

I'm still use to the Melee version HUD, so it'll take some time to grow on me.

EDIT: Gee willikers great balls of gizzards on fire that CSS is super slick!
I knew those boxes were too big...That's alright. I plan to update it with smaller character faces soon. Should be as close as I can get to perfection after that.

CSS is progressing well. I'm at the point where I need to decide to just use default character portraits or what-have-you. I was mainly just concerned with the Icons this time around, so if I decide to update it with fancy CSS portraits later, I could put it out now.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I did. All of the player cards are slightly different colors (well, minus player 2; That one is drastically different). CSS stage 1 should be up tonight. Everything but CSS portraits will be changed, and I'll include some alternate CSS Icons for Melee Fox/Ganon for those of you who use them (like me).

Also, my new HUD will also be up. These images will be in the OP and I'll post again when I upload 'em

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks guys.

By the way, stuff is out. Go grab 'em, and enjoy. I should mention that I should have something for you pixel nuts soon...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Don't forget my request shun, lol downloading all this awesomeness right now tho
I didn't forget ya. Probably won't do a CSP, since, well, it'd take me a while and I want to do other stuff.

Icon, though, got that covered.

MiscData70 within sc_selcharacter.pac which is inside of common5 will be where you swap it out.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Thanks! Oh, how do I download the different Pits you mentioned I could download each individually? Only one is linked. I like that red one, maybe you should also make a red+black one like the style you did for that one DrinkingFood request since that Ike turned out really cool.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks! Oh, how do I download the different Pits you mentioned I could download each individually? Only one is linked. I like that red one, maybe you should also make a red+black one like the style you did for that one DrinkingFood request since that Ike turned out really cool.
In Pit's case, the Download link just goes to a dropbox folder with separate downloads for each (though, none are zipped. FitPit01 is Twinbellows Pit).

one more thing shun, if you can, could you make a bp for that Link for me?
Maybe. I had been thinking about a custom Link pose, but we'll see. If I make the pose, I'll include your Link request, but if not, well, I won't.

Top Bottom