• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I did. All of the player cards are slightly different colors (well, minus player 2; That one is drastically different). CSS stage 1 should be up tonight. Everything but CSS portraits will be changed, and I'll include some alternate CSS Icons for Melee Fox/Ganon for those of you who use them (like me).

Also, my new HUD will also be up. These images will be in the OP and I'll post again when I upload 'em

Oooooo I do love these things. Ummm can you tell me how you got the CSP's to look the way they do in the CSS? I want to make some of my own for custom textures, like OoT Link, Marth and Ganondorf to match this CSS. Then I'll use this CSS cause it's da bes'

I might even be willing to make CSP's for other people if/when I have the extra time.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Awakening Marth?
Please?
Eventually.

I like the look of the new menu, are you planning to make a CSP pack for Project M like you did with this not long ago? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28645
Yes I am. An SJS CSP pack will be prepared sometime later.

@Amaze - Which CSPs do you mean exactly? The icons or the CSPs themselves I release with the textures?

Tilting the CSS causes the character tiles to glitch out. In-game, the P4 is very hard to read and does not look as vibrant as what the theme would indicate. Other than these two things, It's pretty awesome.
Just to be clear, you're talking about the "P4" in the top right of the player card, right? If so, that is not supposed to be there. If you're talking about the "Player 4" title, that's odd. Looks fine on my screen, but if you brought it up I'll double check it.

I'm aware of the tilting glitch. Got no idea how to fix it (or rather, I haven't tried to). I figured it wouldn't really matter too much at the moment. I'll probably look into it (much) later.

I'm probably going to update my Peach pack next, then move on to some other character (Lucas?) before I get back to CSS/HUD editing.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Eventually.

Yes I am. An SJS CSP pack will be prepared sometime later.

@Amaze - Which CSPs do you mean exactly? The icons or the CSPs themselves I release with the textures?

Just to be clear, you're talking about the "P4" in the top right of the player card, right? If so, that is not supposed to be there. If you're talking about the "Player 4" title, that's odd. Looks fine on my screen, but if you brought it up I'll double check it.

I'm aware of the tilting glitch. Got no idea how to fix it (or rather, I haven't tried to). I figured it wouldn't really matter too much at the moment. I'll probably look into it (much) later.

I'm probably going to update my Peach pack next, then move on to some other character (Lucas?) before I get back to CSS/HUD editing.

Umm both? I know how to make CSP's, but I can't make them look as vibrant as yours do.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Umm both? I know how to make CSP's, but I can't make them look as vibrant as yours do.
Derp. I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I asked that.

Anyway, what I do is take a finished CSP and edit the contrast and vibrancy in photoshop. I'll post a process of a basic Falco picture sometime to better illustrate what I do.

Though, for Luigi's case, the textures SJS based the CSP on were already vibrant.

Sorry, should have been more clear. The P4 over the character's head ingame (assuming the player doesn't have a name) is really dark and out of place.
Oh, in the HUD. That I can fix up pretty easy...I think. Thanks for pointing it out.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Derp. I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I asked that.

Anyway, what I do is take a finished CSP and edit the contrast and vibrancy in photoshop. I'll post a process of a basic Falco picture sometime to better illustrate what I do.

Though, for Luigi's case, the textures SJS based the CSP on were already vibrant.

Oh, in the HUD. That I can fix up pretty easy...I think. Thanks for pointing it out.
Ah yes that would be much appreciated. I'd like to be able to make better looking CSP's for hacks and such to match dat awesome CSS. I have a few OoT Link CSP's that I'd like to improve and possibly post here once I know how to make them look better.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Ah yes that would be much appreciated. I'd like to be able to make better looking CSP's for hacks and such to match dat awesome CSS. I have a few OoT Link CSP's that I'd like to improve and possibly post here once I know how to make them look better.
Really, now? Post it here. I'll use it as an example, if you don't mind.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

Har it be!
Simple Tutorial here, I'm actually about to change up my methods to make mass CSP production a lot easier. This method is only good if you want a quick csp adjustment.

So, we have our base CSP here

Looks alright, but it could be better.

step 1 Brightness/Contrast

I usually stick with those settings, but you'll need to adjust as you go. If the CSP is detailed enough, this is all you'll need to do. If it's not, dodge/burn tool are the "quick" fixes to getting that detail you want.
Dodge tool

Burn tool

Using them, I'll add some highlights and shadows little by little.

See the shield? Looks a bit more reflective, right? It takes some good judgement to get this stuff looking right (it would take me too long here to go into it, but pick a direction that the light comes from and have at it).

After editing it that way, I eventually get this:
From this:
to this:

EDIT: I forgot to mention I use a tablet for this stuff. Gives me much more control.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Simple Tutorial here, I'm actually about to change up my methods to make mass CSP production a lot easier. This method is only good if you want a quick csp adjustment.

So, we have our base CSP here

Looks alright, but it could be better.

step 1 Brightness/Contrast

I usually stick with those settings, but you'll need to adjust as you go. If the CSP is detailed enough, this is all you'll need to do. If it's not, dodge/burn tool are the "quick" fixes to getting that detail you want.
Dodge tool

Burn tool

Using them, I'll add some highlights and shadows little by little.

See the shield? Looks a bit more reflective, right? It takes some good judgement to get this stuff looking right (it would take me too long here to go into it, but pick a direction that the light comes from and have at it).

After editing it that way, I eventually get this:
From this:
to this:

EDIT: I forgot to mention I use a tablet for this stuff. Gives me much more control.

Lovely! This should help me just fine. I shall edit the recolors and add them here over the next few days. And it just so happens that I am on a tablet now as well! I think I'm gonna have fun with this now lol

Edit: Also you should share that mass production method too when you figure it out! Heheh

blerb

Smash Journeyman
To mass produce CSS stuff, you need to utilize actions. I won't go into to too much detail but it basically allows you to replicate modifications on as many different images you want.

Google Photoshop actions tutorial and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Will your texture pack work with cBliss once it's done?

I really want to use 10 costumes for every character but being a lazy leecher I don't want to deal with all the team color shifting shinnanigans lol. Can't wait to use the UTCP without replacing the default colors.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

I really want to use 10 costumes for every character but being a lazy leecher I don't want to deal with all the team color shifting shinnanigans lol. Can't wait to use the UTCP without replacing the default colors.

So this cBliss thing? What and where is this?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
To mass produce CSS stuff, you need to utilize actions. I won't go into to too much detail but it basically allows you to replicate modifications on as many different images you want.

Google Photoshop actions tutorial and I'm sure you'll figure it out.
That's precisely what I was going to do.

Seeing that, made me stop and pause. Now I have additional slots for the entire cast and little idea how to fill 'em all! But, I probably will include a cBliss compatible pack at some point.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
That's precisely what I was going to do.

Seeing that, made me stop and pause. Now I have additional slots for the entire cast and little idea how to fill 'em all! But, I probably will include a cBliss compatible pack at some point.

I'd definitely suggest adding more colors to characters: pink, black, purple, yellow / gold, orange, etc

210stuna

Smash Lord
An all white color like DK's and Marth's would be nice for everyone, in addition to everything said above already. ^^

A young Yoshi can dream right?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Having had access to extra costumes for a longer time already (being a Wario main since 2.0), I'm used to combing through tons of textures to find the best ones. And being required to add a minimum number of extra costumes to every character with cBliss (some of whom I wouldn't touch otherwise), I could definitely have a lot of fun customizing them like I did with Wario. The only problem is that I'd have to decide which 2 Wario costumes to remove, after I spent so long picking them all, haha.

But yeah, with at least 4 extra costume slots for everyone, there'd be enough room to do some more "uniform color" projects without being restricted to team colors, and there would still be room left over for people to use a couple miscellaneous costumes of their choice along with it.

...Now has anyone actually tested it to confirm that it does work with Project M?

Taiko

Smash Ace
...Now has anyone actually tested it to confirm that it does work with Project M?
It kinda works, there are a few issues though:

- The Pokemon (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) can't select their extra colours
- Characters who have had their default team colours moved (Marth, for example) freeze the game when selecting their moved team colour (in Marth's case, his purple colour)

That's about all I've tested, if anyone wants the modified ProjectM files that work with this, I could upload them.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It kinda works, there are a few issues though:

- Characters who have had their default team colours moved (Marth, for example) freeze the game when selecting their moved team colour (in Marth's case, his purple colour)

That's about all I've tested, if anyone wants the modified ProjectM files that work with this, I could upload them.
Pretty sure I have an idea on how to stop those freezes from occurring. I'll try it out later on.

Speaking of which, what the heck happened to the "don't edit the code-set" mindset?

And you're welcome, Nguz.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I believe that these issues could theoretically be fixed if the Project M team wanted to integrate the codes into P:M themselves. In the cBliss thread where he explained the codes, he had to manually change something about the offsets for each character to match Wario's. The PMBR would have to modify the codes so they matched the IDs of the new characters and modified costumes as changed in P:M's codeset.

Speaking of which, what the heck happened to the "don't edit the code-set" mindset?
Well, that's still their official stance. They haven't released a text code list for Project M, they keep many P:M-original codes private, and they still discourage attempting to edit the code file. But there's nothing that they can do to prevent people from adding new codes into the code file, especially since now there are tools that can add codes automatically, without you even having to decrypt their own codeset.

Taiko

Smash Ace
How could I resist trying out such a tempting code?
I believe that these issues could theoretically be fixed if the Project M team wanted to integrate the codes into P:M themselves.
Hopefully they can implement it in the next release, but for the time being, I guess we're stuck with what we have.

Unless someone can edit the cBliss code to remove only the conflicting characters. It would be better than nothing (though I really don't know anything about codes, so I don't even know if that's possible).

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just a progress update:
- Mario, Wario, and Lucas are nearly complete
- Sonic is in need of some minor color adjustments
- Fox is under review (may change up some textures)
- Ganondorf just needs cosmetics done (CSPs etc.)
- The last Pit has been completed, so I can finish him off fairly soon
- Mewtwo2000 is prepping a few more Rim Characters, so expect updates to any packs that I've done that can use it
- Zero stage progress, but I want to do a Green Hill Zone in the style of Sonic Lost Worlds

I'm considering posting some of the sfx hacks that I use as well. At least one of them, I know no one else has done. It's a simple change to the "charging smash attack" sfx from Soul Calibur...that, and I changed the sfx for Marth's Shield Breaker Charge.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I was thinking, can we import Brawl Textures onto Melee models of All the Melee vets? I love the new Ganondorf from apples and I'd love to see more vets get that awesome treatment. By the by, thanks for the Marth. :chuckle:

210stuna

Smash Lord
I was thinking, can we import Brawl Textures onto Melee models of All the Melee vets? I love the new Ganondorf from apples and I'd love to see more vets get that awesome treatment. By the by, thanks for the Marth. :chuckle:
I'm digging this, it's been dug.

I'm liking the Sonic preview too..Does he have rim lighting as well Shun?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm digging this, it's been dug.

I'm liking the Sonic preview too..Does he have rim lighting as well Shun?

I agree. Those Sonic previews look way too awesome.

Also what is this about Marth?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It's possible. It'd take some work though. I might try it out on Falcon or Marth at some point.

...Speaking of Marth, you're welcome? I honestly have no idea what you are referring to (specifically)

Glad you guys like the Sonic tease. He's not Rim-lit yet, since Mewtwo2000 expressed a desire to handle the vBrawl folks himself.

Lucas is up, for those interested.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Those Sonic textures are awesome. You seem to have a great understanding of colour harmony.

Any plans for Melee Ganon reskins? I'd love an excuse to make some CSS stuff.

Top Bottom