• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Speaking of Marth, you're welcome? I honestly have no idea what you are referring to (specifically)

I'm sorry, I'm speaking of the 3DS Marth design. Anyway, if you too would like to delve into the Melee models idea; would you be able to tell me how I could put Falcos Melee head atop his vBrawl body? Similar to that Fox set. Love the green and black design by the way. :D

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Those Sonic textures are awesome. You seem to have a great understanding of colour harmony.

Any plans for Melee Ganon reskins? I'd love an excuse to make some CSS stuff.
I have to say I've learned a ton about color balancing for design work while doing the Minty/Maritime/Mars stuff. I owe my current color skills to the Smash community, so you guys thank yourselves.

Melee Melee Ganon or Apples' Melee Ganon? Either way, it wasn't on the cards, but since you brought it up, I'll do something for him.

I'm sorry, I'm speaking of the 3DS Marth design. Anyway, if you too would like to delve into the Melee models idea; would you be able to tell me how I could put Falcos Melee head atop his vBrawl body? Similar to that Fox set. Love the green and black design by the way. :D
I thought as much, you're welcome for it. I'm not sure how to go about the head-swapping business, as it requires either model hacking or vertex hacking (both of which, I am not skilled with).

Glad you like that Fox. The Falco that goes with it, well, I've got some adjustments for the bird-man to take care of before I show him off.

You guys will get to use my Personal Awakening Marth set...and an additional regular Marth one.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about the new import by JoeTE, but now that you mention it, I hope Apples updates his Ganon with the new model. I've gotten too accustomed to dat beard

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I was talking about the new import by JoeTE, but now that you mention it, I hope Apples updates his Ganon with the new model. I've gotten too accustomed to dat beard

I figured. I actually suggested that on \Apples' thread that it be done. It's based on the same vertex hack that \Apples' used initially, so I don't think it would be too difficult to just swap the textures in JoeTE's model. I might try to do that myself when I get the time.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Mario's up, and this website apparently hates me with the weird double collapses and now random BBC code appearing where it's not supposed to.

Edit: Hey...I have over 2,000 views. That...kinda makes me smile. If not using, people are at least looking at this stuff. Okay, I'm done being happy. Back to work.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Hey shun, just so your aware, the Dr. Mario in the non-rim pack still has Rim lighting. Hes the only one in the pack that does though.

Taiko

Smash Ace
What exactly is rim lighting
Rim lighting adds a lighting effect to the edge of the characters, sort of like in Super Mario Galaxy.

Nice job on the Marios Shun! The green and blue ones are probably my favourites of the bunch.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey shun, just so your aware, the Dr. Mario in the non-rim pack still has Rim lighting. Hes the only one in the pack that does though.
Oh, thanks for the heads up. My mistake on that one. I won't be able to fix it until sometime next week unfortunately. I'll be out of town this week-end.

Thanks Taiko. Don't let me forget to release them on the Vault as well.

WombozComboz

Smash Rookie
This is probably a really dumb question, but...

I downloaded both the info.pacs and put them in the info2 but nothing shows up, I can still load custom stages, but not that.

Any Help?

WombozComboz

Smash Rookie
the custom hud, the first download on the op. Project M perfectly, and the custom textures also in the op show up. I'm assuming that I'm putting it in the wrong place

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
the custom hud, the first download on the op. Project M perfectly, and the custom textures also in the op show up. I'm assuming that I'm putting it in the wrong place

If you placed them in the info2 folder then that should be correct... Only thing I can think of is one of the downloads are messed up or something...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Considering replicating Smash 4's HUD just because I can. I like it, personally. sorry for no updates. I'll be busy for the next 2 weeks, so don't expect much activity from me in general.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Considering replicating Smash 4's HUD just because I can. I like it, personally. sorry for no updates. I'll be busy for the next 2 weeks, so don't expect much activity from me in general.

I also like the new Smash 4 HUD. Would love to see it!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

It looks almost the same as the Brawl one except it's in HD and the series icons are shifted over to the side :\

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I thought the HUD was a filler thing? Atleast the countdown numbers looked like it.
It is most definitely not finished. I imagine it'll be different at launch than what we have now, but I still dig it.

At any rate, I dig what they did with the numbers. The line is different, and the character faces are smaller as well as the franchise icon's positioning (and the nifty glow it has now).

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sure, I don't mind. There's portions that I can't replicate (the numbers gradient effect), but the rest should be doable.

As I sad, it takes up less vertical space and more horizontal space (not a problem for HD screens). It's also more compact, which I like. I also dig the color change they did to the numbers.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Charizard's pack is up.

Not gonna lie, Smash 4 is killing my motivation to work on these vibrancy projects. Mainly because it's doing exactly what I set out to do (except without the limitation of matching Brawl's visual theme). I currently plan to finish, it'll just be a long while as I dredge through getting these done (in a non-lazy manner).

210stuna

Smash Lord
Ah, but no screenshots doe.

Aye Shun! Right now at this very moment, what are your current thoughts on Smash 4?

Besides "killing your motivation" to the Project: Melee field, how else will it effect P:M?
Will you replace your game time from P:M to Smash 4 upon it's arrival?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Ah, but no screenshots doe.

Aye Shun! Right now at this very moment, what are your current thoughts on Smash 4?

Besides "killing your motivation" to the Project: Melee field, how else will it effect P:M?
Will you replace your game time from P:M to Smash 4 upon it's arrival?
Fair questions, so I'll bite.

First, Zard screens will come later. When I update and upload Pikachu. Zard screens are up now.

My current thoughts on Smash 4 are as follows: "Sakurai...are you in my brain, stealing my dreams?" It looks how I dreamed a Soul Calibur Art direction Smash would look. Also, I love Wii Fit Trainer. When I thought I couldn't be surprised, he surprised me.

For me, P:M has always just been something to bide my time while I waited for Smash 4. So, the moment Smash 4 is out, I'll switch from P:M to Smash 4. I'll still occasionally go back though (as I still occasionally play 64, Melee, and Brawl), but my main stay will be Smash 4.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I like that answer Shun.

No need to rush though, because you deliver the high quality goodies.

You haven't said much about the pixel related mystery besides in one post or so. What's the status report on it?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
dont u die on me Shun_one! I check your thread everyday.
I'm not dead. I was at a summer camp all week and next week I'll be on vacation. I'll start up regular updates when I get back. Thanks for sticking with me through the dry spell! I've got my mojo back from being gone for so long (and playing vBrawl of all things).

I like that answer Shun.

No need to rush though, because you deliver the high quality goodies.

You haven't said much about the pixel related mystery besides in one post or so. What's the status report on it?
I won't rush, so don't worry. And that pixel thing? It's done. I'll try and upload it before I go to Texas next week.

MVP

Smash Ace
Fair questions, so I'll bite.

For me, P:M has always just been something to bide my time while I waited for Smash 4. So, the moment Smash 4 is out, I'll switch from P:M to Smash 4. I'll still occasionally go back though (as I still occasionally play 64, Melee, and Brawl), but my main stay will be Smash 4.

PM for life

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
PM for life
Do enjoy it for as long as you can. It's a fun thing, even if there are aspects of it that I just don't like (gasp!)

This post is really to let you guys know that you can now download the CSS with Pixel Icons in the OP.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Vacations over, Jiggypuff is up.

Wish I had more to say, but I don't. At the moment, anyway.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
This post is really to let you guys know that you can now download the CSS with Pixel Icons in the OP.

Lol. I've been rocking my own CSS like that since January I made on my own. Even uses the subtle grid in the background of each CSS icon, did I ever show you that Shun? It's basically your white one but dark cyan/blue to match PM's colors instead.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Lol. I've been rocking my own CSS like that since January I made on my own. Even uses the subtle grid in the background of each CSS icon, did I ever show you that Shun? It's basically your white one but dark cyan/blue to match PM's colors instead.
I remember you showing me an earlier version you were working on. It's part of the reason I didn't go with pixels for the main design. After fumbling around trying to make it not too similar to yours, I just gave up and put up what I had. The grid design just works real well for this type of screen.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hey Shun, I was wondering if you would give me permission to show this off on the Vault, you and KTH credited of course. It's the Vibrant Mario texture on a Melee Model (Not quite done, but close). Oh, and I think I need to credit Apples for inspiration. Still rockin' the Ganondorf hybrid. If it's OK with you; could I post a link to the screenshots? I think "Melee Remastered" , would be a fitting title if it's OK.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey Shun, I was wondering if you would give me permission to show this off on the Vault, you and KTH credited of course. It's the Vibrant Mario texture on a Melee Model (Not quite done, but close). Oh, and I think I need to credit Apples for inspiration. Still rockin' the Ganondorf hybrid. If it's OK with you; could I post a link to the screenshots? I think "Melee Remastered" , would be a fitting title if it's OK.
Go ahead.

Also, I'm probably about to release a few HUDs that are in stasis because I can't motivate myself to work on them any more. That, and update the CSS with SJS portraits (go grab his new Fox, Falco, and Lucas poses right now!)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Here it is, just a little teaser for something I call "Melee Remastered". And HUGE credit to Shun_one for these incredible textures! So, without further delay, I present to you a gallery of the leading man in the fight against turtles.....Mario.
Edit: Any ideas on how I could get the hat closer to the look of the vibrant Brawl shirt? I had to keep the original hat due to the fact that the texture arrangements in the Brawl one is wildly different compared to the Melee one.
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/RaccoonChuck/library/Melee Remastered Mario?sort=3&page=1

SJS

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSamus
White and blue is such a great color combination for a CSS. Not too over the top and very clean looking.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Edit: Any ideas on how I could get the hat closer to the look of the vibrant Brawl shirt? I had to keep the original hat due to the fact that the texture arrangements in the Brawl one is wildly different compared to the Melee one.
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/RaccoonChuck/library/Melee Remastered Mario?sort=3&page=1
Looks great thus far, man. As for your shirt woes, open them both in your image editor and try to match the cap to the shirt that way.

White and blue is such a great color combination for a CSS. Not too over the top and very clean looking.
Speak of the Gentleman, and he shall appear.

Also, about them Fox revamps, I went back and studied Fox's vBrawl alts to get a good feel for what went with what, and came up with some (IMO) much better alt's. And by better, I mean varied. My previous FOx's were pretty much black/white + red, green, or blue.

I've yet to apply 'em to Melee Fox yet (since I switched back to Brawl Fox), but they're up on Brawl Vault.

Top Bottom