• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Looks like somebody heard me, eh Shun?
Just a recommendation, how about a Dark Meta Knight costume based on Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, with a scratch on the mask? Juuuuust a thought.....

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
I like you, Shun because you just make 'things'. Sometimes I want to use them, other times, I could do without them, but you are always making something. Whenever someone wants a simple edit or something, you are usually willing to do it (unless it's TOO simple). It's just good to see such devotion. :)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I like the layout for the CSS, but I liked the purple of the standard Project M CSS, I find it easier on the eyes. Also, I'd love to see a Pixel art CSS for 2.6 like the one Apples had made before. Keep up the good work Shun.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I like the layout for the CSS, but I liked the purple of the standard Project M CSS, I find it easier on the eyes. Also, I'd love to see a Pixel art CSS for 2.6 like the one Apples had made before. Keep up the good work Shun.

+1 on the more purple idea. The art and layout of the CSS looks great, but the sudden Brawl-like whiteness from doesn't compliment the menus and SSS as nicely as the default CSS does.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Still looks orange (also does link have a MotionEtc (I think thats what its called) in 2.6 because I think I might have deleted it)

EDIT: Sorry that it took so long to test this, I fell asleep.
That's okay. And Link does have a FitMotionEtc (everyone in PM does). I think you're getting the right effect. I've checked the file, and everything checks out. The effect just looks better on certain stages as there were parts of the attack I didn't want to look into changing.

For the 4rd Strike HUD, I just wanted a simple border to encase the BP's the way they're shaped. Didn't think too much about it, honestly. I do appreciate the comment though.

@Racoon - The other Meta Knights are still super early, but I was planning to incorporate some other official designs, yes.

I like you, Shun because you just make 'things'. Sometimes I want to use them, other times, I could do without them, but you are always making something. Whenever someone wants a simple edit or something, you are usually willing to do it (unless it's TOO simple). It's just good to see such devotion. :)
Thanks man! This guy here, gets the point of my thread. All this stuff, I actually make for myself. If you guys like it, great! If not, also great! I also don't mind if you take some of what I did, and modify it to your own tastes (in some cases, I'm known for helping with this).

Funny thing, there's a single file that controls the background color. MiscData30/Textures/bg_stars01. It's a small little square. Just change it to whatever color you want. I'll add the pixels in a bit. Won't be too long of a wait since I already have the files done.

+1 on the more purple idea. The art and layout of the CSS looks great, but the sudden Brawl-like whiteness from doesn't compliment the menus and SSS as nicely as the default CSS does.
Funny, I think the exact opposite, but that's because I liked Brawls CSS and thought PM tossed the blue around a bit much. Regardless, I've just explained how to alter it, so have at thee.

And for you Jackpot, I guess I can upload my BP's. They won't go in the OP and I'll let you know when I do.Some aren't even done (Peach) and some characters' are just place-holders, but since you asked nicely.

Fun Fact: The average character takes me around 3 hours to conceptualize, then apply the texture changes. Some of them take much longer (Falcon, Link) and take me more like 7 hours or so when I can't find a good combination I like

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm the same way actually. I'm super picky about replacing defaults, but these are pretty much the same costumes anyway so they're fine.

Hm...we'll see what happens when I get to Ganon. Toon Link 'll be after Link because he desperately needs it.

Thanks man. The updated one should be a bit better and more polished.

Why isn't Link out yet? Because I wanted to do this:

^ This! There is no amount of hearts that can express how much I love you for making that blue Link Blender!!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You're welcome man.

Here's a compilation of everything done thus far. It will always includes Rim Lighting characters when available, so keep that in mind if you don't want Rim Lighting. The CSS is not currently included (I'll add it later), but the 4rd Strike HUD is.

It also includes Brawl Fox, since this pack is a reflection of whats on my SD card. You can swap him out easily enough though.

Download.

I'll add this to the OP with a fancy graphic soon, but so you all have access to it.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Hey dude, I've been digging your stuff for a while now, although I probably won't use all the textures until they are all finished (for consistency reasons). I was wondering if you could change the new Meta Knight and Sonic csps in your selcharacter.pac to C18. Noticed they were the only ones that were CMPR. Maybe you've already fixed that since this morning though, you seem to be good at updating frequently, which is awesome.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey dude, I've been digging your stuff for a while now, although I probably won't use all the textures until they are all finished (for consistency reasons). I was wondering if you could change the new Meta Knight and Sonic csps in your selcharacter.pac to C18. Noticed they were the only ones that were CMPR. Maybe you've already fixed that since this morning though, you seem to be good at updating frequently, which is awesome.
Ah that. I had to make the change to ensure they wouldn't freeze the game. I'd like to use the highest quality available, but at the moment it'll have to do for file-size reasons. Later on, I'm gonna go back and see the best way to get 'em all to look as good as possible.

And I finished Pit. The plan is still a go (plus Meta Knight), but Pit got done first. I'm usually working on multiple characters at a time, so the Zelda folks have been started (and Meta Knight). The OP is almost all cleaned up. Just a few more revisions to go!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Have you thought about making a StrapEn.pac with that logo you made (the Super Smash Bros. Vibrant one on your "The Pack" link) or something like that

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Speaking of the strap menu, when I downloaded your common5 for the character select screen and applied it, my system froze at the strap menu. Any idea as to why?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Have you thought about making a StrapEn.pac with that logo you made (the Super Smash Bros. Vibrant one on your "The Pack" link) or something like that
Thought never even crossed my mind. I might do it when I'm closer to completion.

Speaking of the strap menu, when I downloaded your common5 for the character select screen and applied it, my system froze at the strap menu. Any idea as to why?
That's...quite strange. The file was working fine a moment ago, but I'll double check it and get back to you. So you know, Strap Menu freezes normally mean info.pac is too big or something.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Seems to not matter, at least on my end. I simply exported the sc_selcharacter stuff from your common5 and imported it onto mine. Works fine now.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
That young link in the preview picture looks mighty vibrant. I love what your doing, absolutely love it! These are the only textures I use now.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Oh yeah Shun, I meant to ask you earlier if I may have permission to use your FitLink.pac and include it as an alternate download for my Melee Link SFX Pack when I update it for 2.6... for those who'd like Melee Link with his Melee spin gettum attack.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Oh yeah Shun, I meant to ask you earlier if I may have permission to use your FitLink.pac and include it as an alternate download for my Melee Link SFX Pack when I update it for 2.6... for those who'd like Melee Link with his Melee spin gettum attack.
Go ahead man.

Also, The Pack has been updated with Sonic and Peach CSP/BPs (courtesy of one SJS). I also updated their download links to include the new portraits as well.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Shun, I used the FitLink.pac to get the blue blender attack. It only turns the inner 1/4 of the attack blue. The outer 3/4 of the spin attak color is still yellow. Any ideas?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun, I used the FitLink.pac to get the blue blender attack. It only turns the inner 1/4 of the attack blue. The outer 3/4 of the spin attak color is still yellow. Any ideas?
That's pretty much intentional. I've yet to figure out how to edit the rest of the move, so that's how it'll be for now. Qx7 also reported this, but thanks for mentioning it. I'll look back into it later on.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Oh ok cool. It still looks really awesome, it just looked different from the preview picture so I thought Id ask about it.

HxS

Smash Rookie
Okay I need some help here. I downloaded the Vibrant Pack and added everything to the correct places on my SD card. The HUD shows up just fine and looks great, but none of the characters have updated costumes. Any idea why not? I'm playing the homebrew version of Project M 2.6 on my Wii.

Also not sure if it's related, but Mario has the fludd again.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Okay I need some help here. I downloaded the Vibrant Pack and added everything to the correct places on my SD card. The HUD shows up just fine and looks great, but none of the characters have updated costumes. Any idea why not? I'm playing the homebrew version of Project M 2.6 on my Wii.

Also not sure if it's related, but Mario has the fludd again.
Da heck? Sounds like the game isn't reading the fighter folder. Is the folder titled "fighter" named right? I'm not sure what it could be other than that, especially if the HUD shows up fine.

HxS

Smash Rookie
Yeah it's named fighter. I must have screwed up the files on my SD card some way or another. I'm gonna download a clean install of 2.6 from the Project M website and start over again. I'll let you know if that works.

Edit: Okay I started from a clean install. The character costumes are working now although they don't show up at the CSS. Perhaps that's intentional. Regardless they look awesome. I'm still having problems with Mario though. He seems to have reverted to his Brawl counterpart. He has the exact moveset from Brawl. Not sure what's causing that.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yeah it's named fighter. I must have screwed up the files on my SD card some way or another. I'm gonna download a clean install of 2.6 from the Project M website and start over again. I'll let you know if that works.

Edit: Okay I started from a clean install. The character costumes are working now although they don't show up at the CSS. Perhaps that's intentional. Regardless they look awesome. I'm still having problems with Mario. He seems to have reverted to his brawl counterpart. He has the exact moveset from Brawl. Not sure what's causing that.
The reason the character select portraits arn`t showing up is because he hasn`t put in the CSS. I am sure once he puts in the CSS (Selmap.pac) he will also put in the character select portraits.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Qx7 is right. I plan to add the CSS when I can. I experiment with stages and stuff on Sundays.

Seems to not matter, at least on my end. I simply exported the sc_selcharacter stuff from your common5 and imported it onto mine. Works fine now.
I over-looked this post. Glad you got it working. Everything seemed fine on my end, but I may have done something else weird. Who knows...

HxS

Smash Rookie
Okay I look forward to when that's complete. I'm still having some odd issues though. I've downloaded the files over and over again, but I continue to have the same problems. Mario has his Brawl moveset and Link will freeze up and strike this pose: http://i.imgur.com/KEtsLTY.jpg
I've never encountered anything like this. Sounds like I'm the only one to experience this, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll wait for you to finish this project and then try again once everything is complete. I can't get it to work for now.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Okay I look forward to when that's complete. I'm still having some odd issues though. I've downloaded the files over and over again, but I continue to have the same problems. Mario has his Brawl moveset and Link will freeze up and strike this pose: http://i.imgur.com/KEtsLTY.jpg
I've never encountered anything like this. Sounds like I'm the only one to experience this, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll wait for you to finish this project and then try again once everything is complete. I can't get it to work for now.
Geeze, now I feel bad. I just checked it myself and it was fine too (but I also iso hack a lot of my stuff). Still, thanks for dropping by, and if you ever get the itch to try again, try downloading the individual files as opposed to the pack. I doubt if it'd help much, but it's something.

HxS

Smash Rookie
I appreciate your help. I'm not sure what was going on at all, but it was something bizarre. At least I have the HUD working and am able to enjoy it. I'll try downloading the characters individually and see if that works. Keep up the good work!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

I suspect the issue is your SD card rather than the files. Try copying all your files off of the SD card, reformatting it, and putting the files back on.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
By the way, when are we getting those pancakes you promised? I have been waiting for days.

Just kidding. By the way, Wario`s CSP`s are switched (EX: Pick Classic Wario CSP, you get Biker Wario, pick Biker Wario CSP, you get Classic Wario) Not to much of a big deal because I can just quickly switch them in brawl box but you might want to fix that when you get the chance.

EDIT: The Wario CSP`s were extremely messed up. I say were because I fixed it for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri5gr4fbmzb559i/sc_selmap.pac.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
By the way, when are we getting those pancakes you promised? I have been waiting for days.

Just kidding. By the way, Wario`s CSP`s are switched (EX: Pick Classic Wario CSP, you get Biker Wario, pick Biker Wario CSP, you get Classic Wario) Not to much of a big deal because I can just quickly switch them in brawl box but you might want to fix that when you get the chance.

EDIT: The Wario CSP`s were extremely messed up. I say were because I fixed it for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri5gr4fbmzb559i/sc_selmap.pac.
Thanks. I fixed this just a few moments ago. It's what happens a lot when I'm doing a ton of revisions.

Progress will be slow in the coming weeks. I'm moving next week, so that'll eat up my time. But it's not all bad, Meta Knight's out after all.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Thanks. I fixed this just a few moments ago. It's what happens a lot when I'm doing a ton of revisions.

Progress will be slow in the coming weeks. I'm moving next week, so that'll eat up my time. But it's not all bad, Meta Knight's out after all.
Ah man, I really wanted to see what you would do with Pink Meta. I guess Dark Meta is just as good, at least you didn`t remove Pink Falcon..... oh wait.... jkjk, do whatever you want with your texture pack, I don`t care if you replace white Lucario (my favorite Lucario) with rainbow Lucario. Do whatever you want.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Ah man, I really wanted to see what you would do with Pink Meta. I guess Dark Meta is just as good, at least you didn`t remove Pink Falcon..... oh wait.... jkjk, do whatever you want with your texture pack, I don`t care if you replace white Lucario (my favorite Lucario) with rainbow Lucario. Do whatever you want.
This actually ties into something I plan to do later, but when I finish some more characters I'll start taking vibrancy requests. Just to keep busy. But I need to have at least 25 of 39 characters done before I start doing that.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Hello Shun_One, I'm ZeroGG, I finally subscribed here (with an 2012 subscription date)
Okay, about your HUD pics and results screen pics for you "Grid" menu, I am almost done with the project m version... just 10 characters left.
The images I've sent you earlier are now obsolete since now I'll be editing these pixel by pixel, all will be exactly placed and resized.
Here's a little example of what I am doing now:
(the rest are a surprise XD)
One more thing, can you tell me where is the OP for the vibrant no-rim Luigi is?
(I don't know what OP means yet, this is embarrassing :facepalm: )

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
This actually ties into something I plan to do later, but when I finish some more characters I'll start taking vibrancy requests. Just to keep busy. But I need to have at least 25 of 39 characters done before I start doing that.
Do the old vibrant Falcon textures match the new vibrant style? If so you already have pink Falcon done. Same thing for vibrant Peach.

Top Bottom