• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just a quick note. Shun, in your CSS, how did you remove the names from the character select tiles? I'm trying my hand at shooping a CSS, but I don't want to have the names obstruct the pictures. Also, when changing the background color on a CSS, the default blue is left on the bottom. Is there a way to change that, too? Final thing, (I hope I'm not being nitpicky or a bother :(), but how did you change the arrangement of the character select portion to alter the size of the names, placement of series icon, etc.?
To remove the names from the icons, edit MiscData30 and the model MenSelchrFaceI_TopN. You may have to adjust it's animations to get the effect, but basically just move the bones scale to .0001 or move it's y position to +/-100 so it's out of the way. The background colors can be changed by altering the files in AnmClr. As for which one it is, I forget. For your last query, vertex editing. I open the models I want to change, then move them around via BrawlBox's Vertex editor.

I love the way you have things laid out in this CSS, but I have a question concerning the CSPs. Yours has a grey/black pencil for name entry and it's grey/black behind the player name. What would one have to do to keep your overall layout but return that to the standard colors?
To do that, you'll need to edit the values in AnmClr for MenSelchrCentry4_TopN__0-4 Card12 and change it to the color you'd like.

Yeah, I know that but...I was told I need it for the SFX to work. I don't know if that .pac is 2.5, but I believe the thread title, and in the OP said it was updated for 2.6... I don't know if he made a mistake or not. :/

Edit: Yep, the Dr. Mario texture works!
Glad it works for you, and thanks you guys for solving the problem for me.

Pikachu is up. And again, I'm moving this week so my time is not as free as it once was. On top of that, I just got another job so my progress may be much slower going forward. Again, though, I come with a gift: Vibrant Pikachu.

EDIT: and in case the sub-title is misleading, it's a reference to the Pokémon anime and how the first Pokémon in Smash was Pikachu.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Actually, I've heard reports of the ORIGINAL 2.6 FitMario.pac desyncing. It appears to be a glitch with Mario himself, similar to Sonic in 2.1

How can it desync if both players are using the exact same file?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Remember how I couldn't get Link's spin-Attack completely blue? Yeah, I Fixed That. Updated the old down-load too, just in case.

Updated Pit's KIU voice pack for use with the RSBE code as well. And no, I didn't compile a .gct yet.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
To do that, you'll need to edit the values in AnmClr for MenSelchrCentry4_TopN__0-4 Card12 and change it to the color you'd like.
Thanks Shun, I managed to change them back to the standard RBYG. I noticed something odd when testing it out in training mode selection though. There's a bold white box next to the combo number where there used to be nothing. It's not a big deal, but it makes me curious.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Where in the info.pac do you edit to change the BP background colors? I want to use the newest Smash 4 HUD, but with transparent borders.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Remember how I couldn't get Link's spin-Attack completely blue? Yeah, I Fixed That. Updated the old down-load too, just in case.

Updated Pit's KIU voice pack for use with the RSBE code as well. And no, I didn't compile a .gct yet.

Neat! How did you fix his spin attack? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out finally. Soooo did that little schtuff that I posted about those models help you fix this then?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks Shun, I managed to change them back to the standard RBYG. I noticed something odd when testing it out in training mode selection though. There's a bold white box next to the combo number where there used to be nothing. It's not a big deal, but it makes me curious.
? I got no idea. I'll check it out later.

Where in the info.pac do you edit to change the BP background colors? I want to use the newest Smash 4 HUD, but with transparent borders.
MiscData30/AnmCLR/InfFace_TopN0/lambert106
Values 01-04 control it. I haven't tried this, but it should add transparency if you give them an Alpha value

Neat! How did you fix his spin attack? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out finally. Soooo did that little schtuff that I posted about those models help you fix this then?
Kinda. I had already check the files before you mentioned it, but I was looking up something else and saw someone mention editing the materials so I was able to change it.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Haha yeah I figured that out myself right as I was re-downloading it
Funny how that works, eh?

Progress report: These pokemon are proving surprisingly difficult to get right. I won't release them until I get some good results, but I am still working. This is a good time to mention that whenever I show previews, it's typically of a finished thing barring some minor adjustments.

Ness....where did you get that shirt!?

210stuna

Smash Lord
Oh Shun One. I'm gone for a month, and now that I'm back look at all the magic you've made!

Simple outstanding man.
I just barely downloaded 2.6 and messed around with it for awhile today, and I would like to ask if your textures effect the game what so ever?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Thanks for doing the ganondorf textures shun :D darn, love dat purple :3

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Oh Shun One. I'm gone for a month, and now that I'm back look at all the magic you've made!

Simple outstanding man.
I just barely downloaded 2.6 and messed around with it for awhile today, and I would like to ask if your textures effect the game what so ever?

These textures only change the colors of the models, nothing else. They will not affect gameplay at all.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Okay great!

Not to derail the thread or anything (Don't lie though Shun, I know you're loving all these replies *winkwink*)
Does the same go for custom stage textures too @murio ?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Okay great!

Not to derail the thread or anything (Don't lie though Shun, I know you're loving all these replies *winkwink*)
Does the same go for custom stage textures too @murio ?

Well not exactly, if you look at the collection of stage textures thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/collection-of-stage-textures.331791/

The stages in red have changed in 2.6 in one way or another. So if you replace those stages with custom ones, they will not match the current 2.6 version.

Any other project M stage (2.5 and up for camera reasons) you play thats not in the collection of stage textures change warning section will not alter gameplay in anyway. you will just being playing project M on a stage thats not officially endorsed by the PMBR.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Not sure if I'm even looking in the right place, but I could have sworn in this thread you used a font for character names in their preview pictures (at least I remember Lucas) with a gold stripe surrounding the letters, and I remember the "A" being like the "A" on Gamecube's logo; almost triangular with a tail going inward at the bottom. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but if it really was this thread and I just can't find it/you took it down, might I have said image or a link to the font used?

Again, I apologize if I am thinking of somewhere totally different. Just can't for the life of me figure out where it was.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks man! I was wondering what you were up to.

Thanks for doing the ganondorf textures shun :D darn, love dat purple :3
Why thank you for the very idea! Perhaps later on I'll make special purple Ganon just for you.

Not sure if I'm even looking in the right place, but I could have sworn in this thread you used a font for character names in their preview pictures (at least I remember Lucas) with a gold stripe surrounding the letters, and I remember the "A" being like the "A" on Gamecube's logo; almost triangular with a tail going inward at the bottom. If I'm mistaken I apologize, but if it really was this thread and I just can't find it/you took it down, might I have said image or a link to the font used?

Again, I apologize if I am thinking of somewhere totally different. Just can't for the life of me figure out where it was.
I think I know what you're talking about. The font used is called "Adventure Subtitles". A quick google fu should bring it up.

My progress will be slow, due to my living conditions making it difficult to test texture edits on an actual TV with any since of speediness, but hopefully the problem is solved soon.

Lastly, Ness is up. I had fun with him. Enjoy.

EDIT: And I do enjoy replies, so post away if you feel like it. Or don't. That's cool too.

EDIT2: And thanks for taking the questions for me, Murio.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Literally the only thing I could do when I looked at those Ness textures was :crazy: and then :chuckle:

I seriously sat with eyes and mouth wide open for at least 30 seconds.

Mysterious Potato

Smash Cadet
The ness textures are awesome and really creative even though simple. lol
Just wish the project m shirt texture was there...

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Damn Shun, you've been busy in the time I've been gone :laugh:. Great to see you're still making some of the best custom textures for PM. Keep it up man, I'll be sure to try some of these out real soon.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
These area All fantastic, great job.
Are there CSPs for these that I am missing? If not, not a big deal I am just checking.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Literally the only thing I could do when I looked at those Ness textures was :crazy: and then :chuckle:

I seriously sat with eyes and mouth wide open for at least 30 seconds.
Best reactions I've heard yet.

The ness textures are awesome and really creative even though simple. lol
Just wish the project m shirt texture was there...
You should try speaking up your ideas sometimes. Sometimes I use 'em, sometimes I don't, but I always remember. *hint for later*

These area All fantastic, great job.
Are there CSPs for these that I am missing? If not, not a big deal I am just checking.
You can find all of the completed CSPs in this album I just started. Link

Progress Report:
Diddy: 20% (I want to change up his Dixie and White/Green colors to something else)
Squirtle: 80% (I keep getting new ideas, but I think these latest ones will do it)
Charizard: 40%
Ivysaur: 0% (Will probably make my own recolors)
Lucario: 60% (still unsure on a few design choices)
- -
Next Batch:
Wario
Wolf
Snake
R.O.B.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm now using the Villager Ness as my non-base color of choice. I'm ready to drop some psychic bowling balls on people.

Mysterious Potato

Smash Cadet
hey Shun, for wolf are you going to perhaps do an edit to the melee intro/64 outfit costume that was made by JoeTE on kc mm?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm now using the Villager Ness as my non-base color of choice. I'm ready to drop some psychic bowling balls on people.
Psychedelic my man. Bowl on. (someone should make PK flash look like a bowling ball now)

hey Shun, for wolf are you going to perhaps do an edit to the melee intro/64 outfit costume that was made by JoeTE on kc mm?
I've been thinking about it. I really like that Wolf design. If I do, I'll do vBrawl's Wolf as well.

EDIT: Someone was cool enough to make some CSPs for my Ness pack. If you're interested, the card in the OP will show you them. Just click the "Show CSPs" button.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Shun is there any way I, or anybody else could help you with this project?

All work could be shown first to you via PM, and then you could tweak what ever you see fit, or something along those lines maybe?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun is there any way I, or anybody else could help you with this project?

All work could be shown first to you via PM, and then you could tweak what ever you see fit, or something along those lines maybe?
Help? Like, make stuff help? I've been thinking about it...I just might have to talk over my established rules with anyone who wanted to help out. This pack started as just a "This is all my personal stuff", so that's a completely different flavor compared to "this is a compilation pack with x goal". I feel I'd need to shift my goal a bit if I started taking help, but I'm not opposed to it.

To anyone who'd help, I don't want to just stomp on their ideas and say "My way or GET LOST!" because that sucks and people have cool ideas. At the same time, I don't want to run into a situation like with UTCP where there are multiple versions of a single character (part of what's taking Squirtle, Ivy, and Charizard so long).

...That was long. Short version: If you wanna help, drop me a PM and we'll talk about the project so I can explain some of my work process to you.

At the end of the day, I think it'd be cool. I've learned a lot about color balance and stuff, and I'd be willing to pass on what I know to anyone willing to learn really. And if you already got your own skills to the Max, well cool, let's spin off some ideas.

EDIT: After thinking about it, what the heck?

Anyone interested in helping out, drop me a PM.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
To be specific I was talking about your previous post.

Would you allow others to do this type of work for you? With your approval prior to posting it in this thread of course.
Yeah, as far as CSPs and stuff, go ahead. I may not include them in the pack, but I will always mention it. I typically don't mention much about CSPs because SJS offered to do 'em for me, but anyone is welcome to help me with cosmetic stuff. There was already someone here who had done that very thing (and I am doing something special for 'em as a thank you).

EDIT: You know what would be cool? If someone wanted to do Stock Icons. I would really appreciate that enough to give said brave volunteer a personal texture.

DocterClocker

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Long time fan of Project M, but first time poster. Shun, I just downloaded your Character Select Screen, and I love the way it looks! Zelda, Zamus, and Ivysaur are the standouts to me! Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way I can edit it to have the dark blue background that the Project M CSS has, instead of vBrawl's white background.

I think I jumped a little when the white came up instead of the dark blue! :grin:

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Long time fan of Project M, but first time poster. Shun, I just downloaded your Character Select Screen, and I love the way it looks! Zelda, Zamus, and Ivysaur are the standouts to me! Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way I can edit it to have the dark blue background that the Project M CSS has, instead of vBrawl's white background.

I think I jumped a little when the white came up instead of the dark blue! :grin:

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work!

There is a square in the textures file of MiscData30 in the common5.pac named bg_stars01. This controls the background color. You can just open Shun's CSS in Brawlbox, and replace bgstars with an appropriate sized colored square and it'll change the background color.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Shun sorry if this has been reported, as I didn't read the pages between this page and my last post prior to when I left, but the after battle portrait of the blue Link has a purple shield. Which is not what in shown in-game. Also for one of your characters a red box fills up there picture in the HUD.

I just finished trying it out, and everything else looks stunning. I can't wait for the rest of the cast to become available.
One more thing, I notice some characters had their after battle portraits with your new textures while some didn't. I think it was the older textures that had them done, unlike the new ones. Could you verify this?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun sorry if this has been reported, as I didn't read the pages between this page and my last post prior to when I left, but the after battle portrait of the blue Link has a purple shield. Which is not what in shown in-game. Also for one of your characters a red box fills up there picture in the HUD.

I just finished trying it out, and everything else looks stunning. I can't wait for the rest of the cast to become available.
One more thing, I notice some characters had their after battle portraits with your new textures while some didn't. I think it was the older textures that had them done, unlike the new ones. Could you verify this?
Yeah, the Link thing? Secret #1: That was an earlier design of blue Link, and I changed my mind and retooled it before release (Red Link is also slightly different). I wasn't happy with the lighting of the CSPs, but someone asked me for something to use, so I included it. They'll be updated later, as soon as either A. SJS finishes his, B. I go back and re-do that particular pose.

The red box in the HUD? Sounds like I forgot to include something. If you get a chance, lemme know who it is. I won't be able to test it myself until much later on.

Lastly, kind of intentional. "The Pack", contains everything that's done at the moment, and in most of the characters cases, that's only their textures. The CSPs, BPs, and Stock icons have not yet been completed for the majority of them. When the pack is complete, it'll literally be "drag and drop" and you'll have matching CSPs, BPs, stocks, and Result Screen images for the entire cast. I'm just focusing on completing the hardest part first, then I'll double back and finish the other stuff.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yeah, as far as CSPs and stuff, go ahead. I may not include them in the pack, but I will always mention it. I typically don't mention much about CSPs because SJS offered to do 'em for me, but anyone is welcome to help me with cosmetic stuff. There was already someone here who had done that very thing (and I am doing something special for 'em as a thank you).

EDIT: You know what would be cool? If someone wanted to do Stock Icons. I would really appreciate that enough to give said brave volunteer a personal texture.

I've actually started making my own CSP's for your textures myself, and plan to do Stock Icons and BP's as well once those are done. (on top of already working on the Project M: Complete Extension project)

I've also made some recolors (basically hue changes, they still look kinda cool though) of your textures as well and of a few other textures on BV.

All these things I'm doing are for my own personal cBliss purposes. I've only gotten Donkey and Falcon CSP's done however (all 10). Just started doing these things last night. Ummm, I can show some of the things here, like the Falcon CSP's/recolors if you'd like/give permission? I've only added colors. Not changed any of your textures of course (cause dey so awexome)

So basically once you've done all the characters, I'll finally be able to use a completed cBliss! :D

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Loved Ness, a simple idea and yet lovely, I personally like the blue one ;)
Thanks! I spent some time to get 'em all just right.

I've actually started making my own CSP's for your textures myself, and plan to do Stock Icons and BP's as well once those are done. (on top of already working on the Project M: Complete Extension project)

I've also made some recolors (basically hue changes, they still look kinda cool though) of your textures as well and of a few other textures on BV.

All these things I'm doing are for my own personal cBliss purposes. I've only gotten Donkey and Falcon CSP's done however (all 10). Just started doing these things last night. Ummm, I can show some of the things here, like the Falcon CSP's/recolors if you'd like/give permission? I've only added colors. Not changed any of your textures of course (cause dey so awexome)

So basically once you've done all the characters, I'll finally be able to use a completed cBliss! :D
Yeah, feel free to share 'em. I figured someone out there would just edit these to make their own vibrant textures, so I'm glad you've been doing it.

Squirtle's up. He gave me some idea's for the other Pokemon

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thanks! I spent some time to get 'em all just right.

Yeah, feel free to share 'em. I figured someone out there would just edit these to make their own vibrant textures, so I'm glad you've been doing it.

Squirtle's up. He gave me some idea's for the other Pokemon
First off... @ your new Squirtle textures (Get ready for it...)

Secondly. Thanks! The extra C. Falcon recolors below will be uploaded soon. I'll edit this with a link when they are. (Also working on Falco Melee SFX at the same time so not sure when it'll happen.)

The Purple/Green Falcon, I didn't really like at first, but it's kind of grown on me, so I left it. The green-ish yellow one was 'supposed' to be yellow... but well, that's what I ended up with, Orange/Blue was meant to be an opposite to his Blue recolor, and Black and Green Falcon simply because I like those 2 colors together.

Top Bottom