• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

himemiya

Smash Lord
will you do an vibrant kirby when he comes out (Keeping his original colors intact with reviving his melee green texture). I always thought kirby needed more color.

Like vibrant shielda btw.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
First off... @ your new Squirtle textures (Get ready for it...)

Secondly. Thanks! The extra C. Falcon recolors below will be uploaded soon. I'll edit this with a link when they are. (Also working on Falco Melee SFX at the same time so not sure when it'll happen.)

The Purple/Green Falcon, I didn't really like at first, but it's kind of grown on me, so I left it. The green-ish yellow one was 'supposed' to be yellow... but well, that's what I ended up with, Orange/Blue was meant to be an opposite to his Blue recolor, and Black and Green Falcon simply because I like those 2 colors together.
Nice alts. The fun part of making the extra four, is team colors are covered, so you can pretty much do whatever you want with the last ones. Also, I'm surprised at you Amaze. Dr. Steward Falcon was just waiting to happen (actually, I have a prototype of this that I never released).

will you do an vibrant kirby when he comes out (Keeping his original colors intact with reviving his melee green texture). I always thought kirby needed more color.

Like vibrant shielda btw.
I'll probably finish Kirby much earlier than when he becomes available in Project M. Because he's Kirby, and I like Kirby. As for his recolors, we'll see what I do. Probably go back to all the Kirby alts in GBA's Amazing Mirror

And thank you, for the compliments.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shun, have you ever considered doing recolors for melee models besides Fox's? I'd love to see a vibrant melee Ganon or Falco. Hell, any of the characters, for that matter.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey Shun, have you ever considered doing recolors for melee models besides Fox's? I'd love to see a vibrant melee Ganon or Falco. Hell, any of the characters, for that matter.
For that matter, I'd love some for some of the most popular Melee mods that are out there. *coughNguz95'sMewtwocoughcough*

Of course, you've got your work cut out for you already, so no complaints if it doesn't happen (I'm just glad you're doing it!).

monkfunk

Smash Rookie
for the most part great job, but i think the blue pikachu is too pale. and i really dislike the toon link costume, i think you should have gone over the top vibrant with him in stead of two vibrant colors and the rest be kind of mellow. other than those two though great job

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
for the most part great job, but i think the blue pikachu is too pale. and i really dislike the toon link costume, i think you should have gone over the top vibrant with him in stead of two vibrant colors and the rest be kind of mellow. other than those two though great job
Can't please everyone's personal tastes. There's always a ton of stuff on BrawlVault!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Melee Ganon, at the very least, is on the cards. I want to finish the vBrawl folks before I get to additional models. Melee Fox was lucky, and got done during my first batch of stuff before I revamped the project.

For that matter, I'd love some for some of the most popular Melee mods that are out there. *coughNguz95'sMewtwocoughcough*

Of course, you've got your work cut out for you already, so no complaints if it doesn't happen (I'm just glad you're doing it!).
<_<....>_> I plan to do Roy & Mewtwo because I like Roy & Mewtwo (& Young Link). But they'll come after the vBrawl cast is complete...unless I go FE crazy one of these days.

The fact that you posted this makes me happy. Personally, I find a blue skinned Pikachu looks really...not like Pikachu, but I did have a few other design decisions (or rather, restrictions) to make regarding my color choices. Anyway, thanks for the feed-back though. But if you're itching for Blue-chu, I believe Badge did a blue-chu for Project Maritime that is up to snuff, IMO. Blue-Chu

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I like the altered Toon Link costume, but because it's basically the same model as the one used in Brawl, it's not to my tastes. I like my Toon Link to be cel-shaded, looking just like he came from Wind Waker. You've already finished your version of him, but I'd love to see a revisited Cel Shaded interpretation someday.

I like the color scheme of the Pokemon Trainer's trio, though I'm not a big fan of the emblems on Squirtle's forehead. Any chance there's an alternate without them?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Then why don't you make it yourself and stop complaining.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I like the altered Toon Link costume, but because it's basically the same model as the one used in Brawl, it's not to my tastes. I like my Toon Link to be cel-shaded, looking just like he came from Wind Waker. You've already finished your version of him, but I'd love to see a revisited Cel Shaded interpretation someday.

I like the color scheme of the Pokemon Trainer's trio, though I'm not a big fan of the emblems on Squirtle's forehead. Any chance there's an alternate without them?
1. Such a thing is far out of the goal of this project, so I won't be doing it. That's not to say, it hasn't already been done though (so, even less reason for me to do it). Search Brawl Vault, and I'm sure you'll find it eventually.

2. The marks a reference to the clone Pokemon, so sorry no, I won't be releasing a version without them. You are welcome to try and remove them yourself though.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
1. Such a thing is far out of the goal of this project, so I won't be doing it. That's not to say, it hasn't already been done though (so, even less reason for me to do it). Search Brawl Vault, and I'm sure you'll find it eventually.

2. The marks a reference to the clone Pokemon, so sorry no, I won't be releasing a version without them. You are welcome to try and remove them yourself though.
I'd love to try my hand at it, but I've never done a texture edit before. I guess it never hurts to learn, though I'm not much an artist. I'll see what I can do.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I love the alternate palettes on Lucario Shun, but I was really impressed at just how much cooler Vibrancy made his default palette look. :D
Anyway, have you considered working on Project Mirage costumes for your packs? I think it would be beyond awesome to see what you do with the blue and purple theme.
(And please, go Fire Emblem Crazy.)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey, Shun. I don't think is just my copy, but let me know if I'm wrong; Lucario has a very small patch of blue on his lower torso where his tan fur is.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Yo dag need sum pourtrits 4 dats whit n blk shiekahs

On the real tho, the black and white Sheiks are tight, brother. Do you have portraits done up for them?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I love the alternate palettes on Lucario Shun, but I was really impressed at just how much cooler Vibrancy made his default palette look. :D
Anyway, have you considered working on Project Mirage costumes for your packs? I think it would be beyond awesome to see what you do with the blue and purple theme.
(And please, go Fire Emblem Crazy.)
The effect more vibrant colors has on some characters is really something to behold.
Thought never crossed my mind, though I was thinking of submitting an Ike design to the project. I might try a few variants out at some point though.

Folks really must want some Marth & Ike (& Roy) goodness...Keep talking. I might change my mind and do them in the next batch.

Hey, Shun. I don't think is just my copy, but let me know if I'm wrong; Lucario has a very small patch of blue on his lower torso where his tan fur is.
I have no idea how in blue blazes (no pun intended) that got there, but it has been fixed thanks to you. 2 questions:
1. Who is your main?
2. Your favorite color combination?

Yo dag need sum pourtrits 4 dats whit n blk shiekahs

On the real tho, the black and white Sheiks are tight, brother. Do you have portraits done up for them?
Sorry, my man. I got nuthin'. Leavin' the portrait making to SJS this time, but anyone else is welcome to step up if they want. Glad you guys enjoy the Sheilda packs so much though. I put some work in on them.

Progress Report:
Wolf is giving me nightmares. I'm probably gonna do someone else and come back, because Hard Mode.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I have no idea how in blue blazes (no pun intended) that got there, but it has been fixed thanks to you. 2 questions:
1. Who is your main?
2. Your favorite color combination?
Pun appreciated regardless.

1. I'm pretty casual, but it's probably Sonic. He is actually the only one of yours that I don't use, though, since I can't stand the Brawl model for some reason. I switched to Nanobuds/Flygon's Generations model. Still planning on using Mewtwo eventually, though.

2. Non-specific to a character: probably dark blue and white. If you meant for a specific character, I'd have to get back to you since I mostly use the 00 slots; unless you could somehow put your plans aside and do a base Mewtwo skin, but I don't expect that.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Pun appreciated regardless.

1. I'm pretty casual, but it's probably Sonic. He is actually the only one of yours that I don't use, though, since I can't stand the Brawl model for some reason. I switched to Nanobuds/Flygon's Generations model. Still planning on using Mewtwo eventually, though.

2. Non-specific to a character: probably dark blue and white. If you meant for a specific character, I'd have to get back to you since I mostly use the 00 slots; unless you could somehow put your plans aside and do a base Mewtwo skin, but I don't expect that.
This is enough information, thanks. Because you pointed this out for me, you won yourself a personal texture. Choose your character, otherwise I'll do a Generations Sonic just for you.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This is enough information, thanks. Because you pointed this out for me, you won yourself a personal texture. Choose your character, otherwise I'll do a Generations Sonic just for you.
That's what I figured you were getting at. Thanks!

If Mewtwo's waiting until later, a dark blue/white Sonic would be awesome, especially if you got a little fancy with it. I really like some of the details you put on your stuff.

Otherwise, a nice recolor of Starwafflle's Mewtwo is my dream come true, especially if they capture the original colors that I love so much.

Really, though, I appreciate it. Didn't expect this for simply pointing out a random spot.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That's what I figured you were getting at. Thanks!

If Mewtwo's waiting until later, a dark blue/white Sonic would be awesome, especially if you got a little fancy with it. I really like some of the details you put on your stuff.

Otherwise, a nice recolor of Starwafflle's Mewtwo is my dream come true, especially if they capture the original colors that I love so much.

Really, though, I appreciate it. Didn't expect this for simply pointing out a random spot.
Ya know what? I like you. I'll do 'em both.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Folks really must want some Marth & Ike (& Roy) goodness...Keep talking. I might change my mind and do them in the next batch.
Poll anyone?
Really, It's up to you Shun. And if you feel that you just want to get Marth and Ike out of the way, and leave Roy for later, that's fine by me. :)

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Hey Shun, I've been doing some SSB4 CSPs over in my thread and I've actually started to do some for your Vibrant packs. Thought I'd share Mario's here (considering his are the only ones I've done so far =P) :

Didn't do Dr. Mario considering it would be pretty difficult, but the other 3 didn't come out too bad.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I am all about that Marth action. I've actually started picking up Ike too and I don't think he's that bad. He's definitely not near as broken as he was in 2.0-1... But yes, Marth is my main (actually gonna be posting some videos soon of me and a few friends practicing for Nerd Rage... hint hint subscribe to me on youtube and twitch.tv lol) and I would love, love, love, love, love... there aren't enough words for how much I would love you for using the boost to get their FE vibrancies through.

Edit: This also reminds me that I haven't uploaded those extra Falcon costumes yet, but when I do would you like me to credit or collab you? I figure I should since they're recolors of your vibrant textures. But thought I'd ask first. Oooooh you could add them to the OP for those who want that cBliss action.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey Shun, I've been doing some SSB4 CSPs over in my thread and I've actually started to do some for your Vibrant packs. Thought I'd share Mario's here (considering his are the only ones I've done so far =P) :

Didn't do Dr. Mario considering it would be pretty difficult, but the other 3 didn't come out too bad.
These are pretty sweet. I dropped by your thread, but forgot to "like" the first post. Gotta do that sometime. Cool stuff you got goin' on.

I am all about that Marth action. I've actually started picking up Ike too and I don't think he's that bad. He's definitely not near as broken as he was in 2.0-1... But yes, Marth is my main (actually gonna be posting some videos soon of me and a few friends practicing for Nerd Rage... hint hint subscribe to me on youtube and twitch.tv lol) and I would love, love, love, love, love... there aren't enough words for how much I would love you for using the boost to get their FE vibrancies through.

Edit: This also reminds me that I haven't uploaded those extra Falcon costumes yet, but when I do would you like me to credit or collab you? I figure I should since they're recolors of your vibrant textures. But thought I'd ask first. Oooooh you could add them to the OP for those who want that cBliss action.
Yeah, I'll include a link to your Falcon's. You don't have to credit me if you don't want to. It's essentially all your work, after all. I just kinda inspired you to do it.

Okay, all of you clamoring for Fire Emblem stuffs have me convinced, so I'll start developing Ike & Marth alongside Wolf.

And, since I'm nearly half-way done, I get to do something I've wanted to do for a time.

Murio, Amazeromarru, Racoon Chuck, Galaga4991, Qx7, and 210stuna:
1. Your character of choice
2. Your favorite color combination

This is a thank you for sticking around and posting in this joint. So, what these custom textures will be, are made specifically for you guys to use, so make your color combination request.

List of Personals in Progress:
Dmickolas: Dark blue & white Mewtwo, and Generations Sonic
Murio: ?
Racoon Chuck: ?
Galaga4991: ?
Qx7: ?
210stuna: ?
khlx: Purple Ganondorf

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
These are pretty sweet. I dropped by your thread, but forgot to "like" the first post. Gotta do that sometime. Cool stuff you got goin' on.

Yeah, I'll include a link to your Falcon's. You don't have to credit me if you don't want to. It's essentially all your work, after all. I just kinda inspired you to do it.

Okay, all of you clamoring for Fire Emblem stuffs have me convinced, so I'll start developing Ike & Marth alongside Wolf.

And, since I'm nearly half-way done, I get to do something I've wanted to do for a time.

This is a thank you for sticking around and posting in this joint. So, what these custom textures will be, are made specifically for you guys to use, so make your color combination request.

:love::love::love:
My character of choice would actually be Marth, and colors... Black and Gold... or Black and Green... can't decide... Dang it... I want a Shun styled Black and Gold Marth but I wanna Black and Green one too. Let's go with Black and Green!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
:love::love::love:
My character of choice would actually be Marth, and colors... Black and Gold... or Black and Green... can't decide... Dang it... I want a Shun styled Black and Gold Marth but I wanna Black and Green one too. Let's go with Black and Green!
Noted.

I had actually meant a Mewtwo that had those colors I linked to, and a dark blue/white Generations model Sonic. Sorry for the mixup.
Lol, my bad. Don't worry though, I gotchu.

So you guys know, you'll get to see some previews before I call 'em done. For the most part, I'll be sending designs that I'm happy with. The color scheme is enough to give me most of the ideas done

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366

khlx: Purple Ganondorf
Glad you like the CSPs! I'll be doing Vibrants for every set I do now, so expect more soon (including Bowser tomorrow).

And dude, really cool of you to do requests for your supporters. If you want me to do CSPs/BPs for them I'd be happy to. As for my request, it's gonna be a Diddy texture. I'll PM you when I decide on colors. Thanks again.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT, LOL! :joyful:
Even though I have yet to pull together an idea, I will say this:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...............

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Glad you like the CSPs! I'll be doing Vibrants for every set I do now, so expect more soon (including Bowser tomorrow).

And dude, really cool of you to do requests for your supporters. If you want me to do CSPs/BPs for them I'd be happy to. As for my request, it's gonna be a Diddy texture. I'll PM you when I decide on colors. Thanks again.
Knock yourself out with the CSP/BPs man. I always like to give something back to people who give me stuff, so I'm happy to be able to make these for you guys.

Also, feel free to just post here when you decide, PMs are cool if ya want though.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT, LOL! :joyful:
Even though I have yet to pull together an idea, I will say this:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...............
You got me in stitches here. You're welcome man.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Thanks Shun, I really like that idea.
You think I'm calm now, but let me quote what I told Amazerommu in a PM regarding your gift to us awhile back.

I want to request Marth so bad, but he hasn't even released his vibrant textures yet. What if he already wants to do my request? I'm sure anything he does to Marth will be sweet! I feel like a little school girl opening up a NSYNC album for the first time in 2001 on Christmas day.
So Shun, would it be cheating if I waited till after you release your Marth textures, and see how that goes?
If not I would really like a purple/lime green Samus. See, but something like that sounds like you would do when she comes out.

What do you have in mind for Wolf. Color scheme wise?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
OH MY GAWD! Actually, would it be possible for you to make a Black, Gold and Green Marth texture? It seems weird, I know, but I feel like you can do whatever the eff you want and make it look awesome.
I was gonna do this when you mentioned your conflict, but sure.

Thanks Shun, I really like that idea.
You think I'm calm now, but let me quote what I told Amazerommu in a PM regarding your gift to us awhile back.

So Shun, would it be cheating if I waited till after you release your Marth textures, and see how that goes?
If not I would really like a purple/lime green Samus. See, but something like that sounds like you would do when she comes out.

What do you have in mind for Wolf. Color scheme wise?
I didn't know you guys talked about this stuff outside of this place. I am shocked.

You can wait till Marth is out if you like, but if your suggestion was one I was going to do anyway, I'd just do your request then make an additional texture to go along with the rest.

For Wolf? First off, Wolf is probably the hardest character to color balance in the game (if you want to do interesting designs at least)
Right now, I'm undecided on a lot. vBrawl Black Wolf is staying, but White Wolf will probably go. The Team colors will all be customs with red team being a Red-Green-Yellow-Brown(?) combo. My Wolf plans keep changing right now, because my combinations don't work too well.

Remember guys, these textures I will make to your specifications, so if there's a combo you really want, use it here. You never know what I'll do (not even I know what I'm gonna do sometimes), so use these to get the combo you absolutely must have.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just finished some portrait stuff for Shun's Mario today, thought you guys might want to use them!
[collapse=CSPs]
[/collapse]
[collapse=BPs]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Stock Icons]
[/collapse]
And Shun, when making these, I noticed that Green Mario has some pink going on around his M:

And another thing, Blue Mario's face seems to be less saturated than the others, while Flying Mario's is more. Was that intentional?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey guys, I just finished some portrait stuff for Shun's Mario today, thought you guys might want to use them!
[collapse=CSPs]
[/collapse]
[collapse=BPs]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Stock Icons]
[/collapse]
And Shun, when making these, I noticed that Green Mario has some pink going on around his M:

These, are awesome xInfinity

And another thing, Blue Mario's face seems to be less saturated than the others, while Flying Mario's is more. Was that intentional?
thanks for the heads up. I plan to re-do Blue Mario entirely, but the Flying Mario thing is definitely not supposed to be like that. I'll fix the M on green Mario too. Not sure how I missed that, but that's what I get for old stuffs.

I'd offer you a custom texture too, but you're pretty dang awesome at making your own. The offers up if you want though.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Your thread is the most popular thread I have ever seen... Great work man. As a Ness main I really love the 8-bit recolors.

Top Bottom