• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So then. Today, my laptop's HD died. This means I just lost all of my personal dev files for everything.

Don't expect anything to happen in this place for some time due to me having just lost well...everything. I'm not quitting, but I do have to essentially start over from complete scratch. Fortunately, most of my Smash 3 work was preserved on the web so that project is unaffected by this crash.

That is all.

Last edited:

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
So then. Today, my laptop's HD died. This means I just lost all of my personal dev files for everything.

Don't expect anything to happen in this place for some time due to me having just lost well...everything. I'm not quitting, but I do have to essentially start over from complete scratch. Fortunately, most of my Smash 3 work was preserved on the web so that project is unaffected by this crash.

That is all.
Thank you based dropbox!
But for real, that sucks dude. :(

?.?

Smash Journeyman
This legit sucks, you've done some amazing work mate... Best of luck with getting back into it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
does that Vibrant pack include the Mars/Maritime/w.e they were called?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, during Smash 3 Development, we fixed the bug on Roy's armor. I applied it to Vibrant Roy some time ago but never said anything. This is me saying something.

Rage83

Smash Ace
*applauds loudly* Thanks, Shun. Now I have one final fix (the armor bug) to do for Mars Roy.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So, I have something none of you are expecting. I made a BRSTRM. But not just any BRSTRM. This BRSTRM does not exist anywhere else. Why? Because my brother composed it. A remix of Brinstar for use on Metroid stages. I'm going add it to the OP eventually, but for now, give it a listen.

Brinstar - AppleTy

EDIT: I forget to mention, this is not yet it's final form, but it may be a while before we get to finish it off so I'm sharing it now.

Last edited:

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Holy... this is an absolutely great remix, tell your brother he did an amazing job on it. Sounds very, very nice, this is definitively going into my build.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So, I have something none of you are expecting. I made a BRSTRM. But not just any BRSTRM. This BRSTRM does not exist anywhere else. Why? Because my brother composed it. A remix of Brinstar for use on Metroid stages. I'm going add it to the OP eventually, but for now, give it a listen.

Brinstar - AppleTy

EDIT: I forget to mention, this is not yet it's final form, but it may be a while before we get to finish it off so I'm sharing it now.
Erhrmmm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDbHFcnw0co&feature=youtu.be&t=9m46s

210stuna

Smash Lord
Mmm cinnamon apple pancakes.

Also Happy National Pancake Day Shun, your thread has done more than enough to deserve the award of best virtually pancakes on the web!

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
how was it you removed the highlighter glow from marth's side b? i'm trying to port your sword trails over onto Amazerommu's melee sfx pac and i haven't the slightest idea where to even start looking :/ (or does there happen to be such a pac already made somewhere?)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
how was it you removed the highlighter glow from marth's side b? i'm trying to port your sword trails over onto Amazerommu's melee sfx pac and i haven't the slightest idea where to even start looking :/ (or does there happen to be such a pac already made somewhere?)
Shun's sword trails are already included in his download... although... they do also have the highlighter glow effect haha.

Edit: I'm guessing you want a Smash 4 version that works the way Brawl does? As in the sword trails change colors instead of the entirety of Marth?

Last edited:

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
Shun's sword trails are already included in his download... although... they do also have the highlighter glow effect haha.

Edit: I'm guessing you want a Smash 4 version that works the way Brawl does? As in the sword trails change colors instead of the entirety of Marth?
pretty much, yeah. glowy marth is very distracting after getting so used to the glow not being there lol
thanks for all the help btw

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
What the...people posting in this run down stand?

pretty much, yeah. glowy marth is very distracting after getting so used to the glow not being there lol
thanks for all the help btw
To answer your question, you'll need PSA to edit them. There's a GFX value in Marth's Dancing Blade action that tells him to highlight specific colors. I simply negated this effect and changed the sword trail to use his other ones. It's simple to do if you already have some clue as to what you are doing, but if not it can be a real pain.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
ahhh. so i guess it'd be a real pain for me. i've not the slightest clue how to do that lol
To answer your question, you'll need PSA to edit them. There's a GFX value in Marth's Dancing Blade action that tells him to highlight specific colors. I simply negated this effect and changed the sword trail to use his other ones. It's simple to do if you already have some clue as to what you are doing, but if not it can be a real pain.
Ya I suppose I can add this to the list of edits for my next SFX update since it's so simple.

Taiko

Smash Ace
What happened to The Grid? Is it being updated? Where's Vibrant Project 2.0? What about Vibrant R.O.B.? What about the HUD updates? Is it true you're starting an all-new retexture project? Why is your picture like mine?

So many questions left unanswered!

Last edited:
Top Bottom