• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I was hoping people would read it as 'Princess'. For that, you guys get a treat. The CSPs that will be "official" will look something like...

Thanks Taiko.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I was hoping people would read it as 'Princess'. For that, you guys get a treat. The CSPs that will be "official" will look something like...

Thanks Taiko.
Wow... such pretty... much beautiful.

Dat royal Smash 4-styled render haha. Delicious! Are you all gonna include da BP's and 3.0-styled CSP's and such as well?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
But I tried to make it Brawl-styled :(

And yes, all those will be included.
Oh I mainly meant the pose as being Smash 4-styled... but blending in with some Brawl style haha. Don't worry you accomplished your goal! At least I think so...

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
The texture I speak of is the emerald on the bottom of the classic falchion's hilt, it seems to be multiplying upon itself. I can't really clarify beyond that. :/

PS: Wonderful render Taiko!

(Edit): It's definitely not the emerald's texture itself(don't know why I said that), but perhaps the reflect mapping is a bit off.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The texture I speak of is the emerald on the bottom of the classic falchion's hilt, it seems to be multiplying upon itself. I can't really clarify beyond that. :/
Hmmm... yeah I'm not seeing that in any of them either... Weird. Maybe it has to do with the reflective properties/shine or whatever? That is if it has them?

Btw that is glorious to behold in a match. I can pause and stare at his armor... wull... forever.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Bonus for you guys:

And for reference, the emerald thing is this:

It's real!

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that Bowser does not utilize his promised "showtime" intro when using your voicepack mod. However, I've also noticed that the download link that you had given us does not refer to a "fighter.pac" that the description mentions, let alone an edited one. Is there something that I may have missed, or is this an error in your execution that must be rectified?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that Bowser does not utilize his promised "showtime" intro when using your voicepack mod. However, I've also noticed that the download link that you had given us does not refer to a "fighter.pac" that the description mentions, let alone an edited one. Is there something that I may have missed, or is this an error in your execution that must be rectified?
It isn't present because it currently freezes the game. I'll add it back when I have time to adjust it.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
TH

Thanks Taiko.
Things like this really keep people coming back, those little treats... Good work.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Marth updated with Menu Assets and missing White out-fit. Currently, the Project M color bar stuff isn't there. If anyone wants to step up and add them feel free. There are too many potential combinations for me to think about at the moment.

Menu stuff

Thanks Taiko!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hey Shun, just a heads up. If you change the collapse tags to spoiler tags, everything will go back to looking right again.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey I just downloaded this pack and I've been having a problem, most of the time the screen turns black and freezes at the victory screen
I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific. You've provided me with basically nothing I can use to ascertain what your issue is. The "Pack" download does not exist currently, so I'm confused as to what you did that would cause your game to freeze. Did you download each file individually? If you did, what specific things were using when you encounter freezes?

A Legend In The Making

Smash Rookie
I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific. You've provided me with basically nothing I can use to ascertain what your issue is. The "Pack" download does not exist currently, so I'm confused as to what you did that would cause your game to freeze. Did you download each file individually? If you did, what specific things were using when you encounter freezes?
i downloaded each file individually and put them in all the correct folders, and they all work fine during the match, but when the match ends the game freezes during the black screen right before the victory screen. And its kinda weird because it doesn't always happen, it is not always consistent, i can start a match with 2 characters and it will work just fine for the first match, but then i may get the black screen the next match. Its very strange, im not sure what could be causing it. Does it have something to do with sd card size? Because im using a 1gb card at the moment.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hm...if it freezes after the match, that sounds like it's something the game is looking for and it can't find. None of my currently released items edit anything relating to the result screen, so I'm not sure what could be causing that.

I know it can be caused by some files being in the wrong file format, but that should have been corrected. I'm going to try and have the drag-drop install pack up sometime early January, so if your issue isn't fixed then perhaps that will help you.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just noticed that your Vibrant Kirby doesn't come with any textures for his copy abilities. Meaning that Kirby will have inconsistent colors or change colors entirely when he copies certain characters like Donkey Kong or Mewtwo. This is most noticeable with the blue Kirby. Figured I should point that out.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I can't edit the OP right now.

No HUD this time, and the BPs and Result Screen Portraits are currently SJS' P:M styled BPs, so they won't match at the moment. I'll update things later.

Kirby has gained some Mewtwo Kirby hats to fix said issue. These are included in Kirby's download and the pack as well.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo Kirby wasn't the only one with that problem. Some of the other copy abilities (but not all of them) are programmed with their own unique set of textures for each colored Kirby. I know Donkey Kong is another one like that. Sometime tomorrow, I can go through all characters and see which ones need extra textures.

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Shun, if I just want to add the Smash 4 slash effects for Marth to my FitMarth.pac instead of dling yours, what files in the .pac do I need to replace?

Oh, I also want to do this for Link as well, but the process should be the same.

EDIT: I found the files in TextureData[0]/Textures(NW4R) that look like they could be what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if they are the right ones or the only ones.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Mewtwo Kirby wasn't the only one with that problem. Some of the other copy abilities (but not all of them) are programmed with their own unique set of textures for each colored Kirby. I know Donkey Kong is another one like that. Sometime tomorrow, I can go through all characters and see which ones need extra textures.
I've already checked out which files need swapping, thank you. I just don't have time to adjust them. I'll add these and other missing things later.

Shun, if I just want to add the Smash 4 slash effects for Marth to my FitMarth.pac instead of dling yours, what files in the .pac do I need to replace?

Oh, I also want to do this for Link as well, but the process should be the same.

EDIT: I found the files in TextureData[0]/Textures(NW4R) that look like they could be what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if they are the right ones or the only ones.
The textures you see are the ones to replace. Keep in mind I normally do some material edits ad minor PSA changing to get the effects that I want as well.

Happy New year, since I probably won't be on Smashboards at all for the rest of the day.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
*With the force only known to the divine who hath lifted canyons off the earth, Chuck lifts this thread to it's rightful throne*
Thanks Chuck. Added some more updated Kirby Hats. More later. You can find them in the pack, or in Kirby's card.

Been busy with Smash 3 stuff lately.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
'Sup. This is as done as I can get it for now.

Can't figure out how to get him to load alternate sword-trails, but whatever. Flash should be less obnoxious either way.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Does that include Roy looking like a yellow highlighter or was it always like that?
Yes it does. And that's at the start of DED. In game-play, you'll barely notice it. I would've removed it entirely, but it serves as a tell during gameplay so the opposing player at least knows that DED is starting.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So then, P:M 3.01 is released and Roy and Mewtwo (along with the Alt costumes) no longer cause lag. I've updated both Vibrant Roy & Mewtwo to use the lag-free models. In addition, Roy's Burning Edge sword trail has also been updated to use the 3.01 files . Please redownload your Roy and Mewtwo files so you don't unwittingly cause lag for your friends.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
So... are the sword trails pac files from both Link and Marth still compatible with the current version of PM?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Link doesn't work for me. Well, his sword trails work, but he doesn't have his Melee voice.

EDIT: wrong thread. Meant to post this to Amazerommu's thread.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Shun, I spotted a small issue on the back of Roy's armor regarding texture orientation. I'm not quite sure if it's a simple placement issue in the FitRoyXX asset files, or a change to the actual model with the BrawlBox lag bugs being patched, but you might want to check it out when you have the time. I'll pull up a image if I can.

Top Bottom