• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is there a way I can have both Link's Melee voice and the Smash 4 sword trails? I downloaded Amazerommu's Melee Link SFX, which requires me to replace the FitLink.pac, meaning I had to replace the sword trails that I had already downloaded.
It's possible to simply import the sword trail textures into Amzerommu's FitLink.pac. It won't have all of the proper effects, but it should work for a quick fix.
I'm actually about to update him with these things so you can have the full effect here soon. After I finish updating Falco.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Shun, you are a wizard of beautiful textures. At first I didn't like the idea of brighter colors but you didn't stop there, the textures actually look shinier and just gorgeous in general. Not just that but you do it so fast too it's fantastic. It's like there's a spot in your brain that says "Hey, Shun. This color would be great" and you're just like "Hey brain, you're right" and then 5 seconds after... BOOM. It's done.

All I can do is applaud your magnificent work and I will definitely download the full pack of this when it's done. Out of curiousity though, will the background for the CSS be the same for Project M? If so do you think you can have a version that is the same. If not I'll be okay with just replacing the CSPs on my own. White just seems to bother me with all of the dark colors in PM.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Roy and Mewtwo are up.
I like how in Brawlvault for your Roy download you said available in vBrawl and Project: M

I thought Roy was only available in Brawl through Project: M, so it's kind of redundant no?

Other than that, good work man. I was let down in the CSS by the PMBR when I realized how dark the colors were for Roy, so thanks for brightening up the scene.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Well, PM's Roy model works prefectly fine over Marth (and vice versa, doubt the movesets do though)

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Ruby Mewtwo bestest custom. On a serious note, Roy is looking mighty flashy! The colors hit that boxart look on the nose, and as usual, the detail still shines through! Whenever I see Roy performing the Project M forward tilt, it makes me think of FE: 6 animations, and the colors you gave him hits that effect home. Thanks Shun, you've allowed my favorite Melee swordsman return with as much flare as I could of hoped. ;)

Edit: Actually, I was serious, that Ruby Mewtwo is an amazing red team color. :3

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
After applying your vibrant pack to all of the Brawl characters once 3.0 hit, I could really tell just how washed out the default textures were once I had your edited characters standing next to the newly added Roy and Mewtwo. But now that you've added recolors for the both of them, my problem is solved once again (and Project M is colorful again, just the way I like it); thank you and keep up the great work!

Rage83

Smash Ace
Are you going to make any custom colors for the alternate costumes, Shun?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun, you are a wizard of beautiful textures. At first I didn't like the idea of brighter colors but you didn't stop there, the textures actually look shinier and just gorgeous in general. Not just that but you do it so fast too it's fantastic. It's like there's a spot in your brain that says "Hey, Shun. This color would be great" and you're just like "Hey brain, you're right" and then 5 seconds after... BOOM. It's done.

All I can do is applaud your magnificent work and I will definitely download the full pack of this when it's done. Out of curiousity though, will the background for the CSS be the same for Project M? If so do you think you can have a version that is the same. If not I'll be okay with just replacing the CSPs on my own. White just seems to bother me with all of the dark colors in PM.
Glad you're able to enjoy them! As odd as it may seem, there is a space in my brain that just goes "This color would look good here!" When it talks, I listen and normally get awesome results. It's when that voice is quiet that I have a rough time.

About the CSS, well, it's seeing a lot more work than I thought it would.

[collapse=Grid WIP]

[/collapse]

I wanted a matching menu for my personal use as well.

I like how in Brawlvault for your Roy download you said available in vBrawl and Project: M

I thought Roy was only available in Brawl through Project: M, so it's kind of redundant no?

Other than that, good work man. I was let down in the CSS by the PMBR when I realized how dark the colors were for Roy, so thanks for brightening up the scene.
Thanks for pointing this out. I worded it strange. It was meant to say "works with vBrawl Marth" but the wording made it seem like vBrawl Roy. It was in the Marth section so I figured it'd be obvious, but NOPE! Thanks for the compliment! They are taken to heart!

I like the Mewtwos. The red, green, and blue colors stand out a bit better now.
Glad you like! A big goal with Ruby-Two was to make him stand-out more from default Green since they were all kind of similar (except blue).

Ruby Mewtwo bestest custom. On a serious note, Roy is looking mighty flashy! The colors hit that boxart look on the nose, and as usual, the detail still shines through! Whenever I see Roy performing the Project M forward tilt, it makes me think of FE: 6 animations, and the colors you gave him hits that effect home. Thanks Shun, you've allowed my favorite Melee swordsman return with as much flare as I could of hoped. ;)

Edit: Actually, I was serious, that Ruby Mewtwo is an amazing red team color. :3
Many thanks! I spent some time on getting Roy to look just right while Mewtwo was a bit easier on me. Ruby-Two's name is a pun on a restaraunt out here named Ruby Tuesdays.

Are you going to make any custom colors for the alternate costumes, Shun?
Depends on if an idea jumps out at me. If one does, it'll get done. If not, I'll hold off on it.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
That menu looks really nice. I've love to see that with the same design, but a black background instead of gray. I wonder if I can adjust it when you finally release it. The updated font is icing on the cake of goodness too.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Glad you're able to enjoy them! As odd as it may seem, there is a space in my brain that just goes "This color would look good here!" When it talks, I listen and normally get awesome results. It's when that voice is quiet that I have a rough time.

[collapse=Grid WIP]

[/collapse]

Thanks for pointing this out. I worded it strange. It was meant to say "works with vBrawl Marth" but the wording made it seem like vBrawl Roy. It was in the Marth section so I figured it'd be obvious, but NOPE! Thanks for the compliment! They are taken to heart!

Glad you like! A big goal with Ruby-Two was to make him stand-out more from default Green since they were all kind of similar (except blue).

Many thanks! I spent some time on getting Roy to look just right while Mewtwo was a bit easier on me. Ruby-Two's name is a pun on a restaraunt out here named Ruby Tuesdays.

Depends on if an idea jumps out at me. If one does, it'll get done. If not, I'll hold off on it.
I'd love to see the menu in the future with your packs plus if possible, do the stage select. I won't mind either way because your work is fantastic. Other thing, that Ike portrait is either new, custom made, or old because I can't see it in the SJS CSPs

Dng3

Smash Apprentice

[collapse=Grid WIP]

[/collapse]

Great work as always Shun. I heard that the current 3.0 CSP are of lower resolution than prior versions due to the many characters and textures/costumes. It's very apparent in game because you can see the blocks and pixelation =/. Will this be the case for your new character select screen as well?

Rage83

Smash Ace
The CSPs dont have to be reduced. I use SJS csps at full quality for these! Note: still in CMPR format, but not visually degraded.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey Shun, what happed to the Personal Requests part of the OP? (I kinda wanted the Mewtwo ya made for Dmickolas)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I had a question regarding your new CSS that you're working on. Is there any chance that your new version will have the "Ready to Fight!" banner raised onto the actual CSS instead of partially covering the CSPs?

210stuna

Smash Lord
I had a question regarding your new CSS that you're working on. Is there any chance that your new version will have the "Ready to Fight!" banner raised onto the actual CSS instead of partially covering the CSPs?
Right? Haha, it's like the PMBR said "These yellow warning signs mean that 3 or 4 of the characters using them could cause potential lag. This is very important to note......So we will have them covered up"/hard to see"

210stuna

Smash Lord
Shun on your last preview picture of Roy on Brawl Vault

....Your ready for this?

....It looks like he's wearing black leggins.

Laugh Out Loud

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That menu looks really nice. I've love to see that with the same design, but a black background instead of gray. I wonder if I can adjust it when you finally release it. The updated font is icing on the cake of goodness too.
I'm still adjusting it. I may go even darker than this, but that depends on what I'm aiming for. At any rate, I'll share how to change the color for those interested.
I'd love to see the menu in the future with your packs plus if possible, do the stage select. I won't mind either way because your work is fantastic. Other thing, that Ike portrait is either new, custom made, or old because I can't see it in the SJS CSPs
That Ike pose is custom (from myself). It's also not final.

Great work as always Shun. I heard that the current 3.0 CSP are of lower resolution than prior versions due to the many characters and textures/costumes. It's very apparent in game because you can see the blocks and pixelation =/. Will this be the case for your new character select screen as well?
My CSS will probably have higher quality CSPs, but not by much. I've found SJS' CSPs don't look as bad when imported into 3.0 compared to the normal 3.0 CSPs.

Can't wait for vibrancy versions of Pikachu's new alts; keep it up Shun!
I am brainstorming what colors I want to make them. Maybe a purple and a black-chu?

Hey Shun, what happed to the Personal Requests part of the OP? (I kinda wanted the Mewtwo ya made for Dmickolas)
They're coming back. Other stuff took priority.

Maybe? I don't see it as much of a concern since in usual gameplay, the moment you see "Ready to Fight" you're pressing start.

Hey Shun, how's the pack coming along?
It's moving along, if a bit slowly. Shifted focus to Smash 3 development for a bit, but it's still coming.

Shun on your last preview picture of Roy on Brawl Vault

....Your ready for this?

....It looks like he's wearing black leggins.

Laugh Out Loud
Roy's our boy! He's proud enough to wear leggings in public! Take that Marth! Who's more girly now?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm still adjusting it. I may go even darker than this, but that depends on what I'm aiming for. At any rate, I'll share how to change the color for those interested.
Maybe? I don't see it as much of a concern since in usual gameplay, the moment you see "Ready to Fight" you're pressing start.
Very nice. Thank you.

Yeah, I can see that, I've always just thought it was weird that the Ready to Fight banner covers so much of the CSPs that you can't really appreciate them when both players have characters selected.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Shun I am a long time user of your vibrant packs and they have been very satisfying. Thank you for that.
On another note, will you be making an Awakening Roy anytime soon?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I think this is the first post I`ve seen by you in this thread that didn`t have some kind of image or reveal.
Yeah, I'm weird like that. I don't like posting without having anything to show.

Shun I am a long time user of your vibrant packs and they have been very satisfying. Thank you for that.
On another note, will you be making an Awakening Roy anytime soon?
Well now, long time user, thanks! Work on Awakening Roy was suspended since the modeler was busy, but since he's currently not busy anymore...

3.0 Ready at last.

put the folders into your projectm folder on your SD card. Then, you shall have the things (Menu and Stage Select Screen). If I recall, Fairy Wings Puff still has an old CSP. That'll be updated as soon as I get a new one.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Yeah, I'm weird like that. I don't like posting without having anything to show.

Well now, long time user, thanks! Work on Awakening Roy was suspended since the modeler was busy, but since he's currently not busy anymore...

3.0 Ready at last.

put the folders into your projectm folder on your SD card. Then, you shall have the things (Menu and Stage Select Screen). If I recall, Fairy Wings Puff still has an old CSP. That'll be updated as soon as I get a new one.
As a certain rainbow haired equine would say, "Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh".

Additionally, the obnoxious block in the Max Combos section of Training Mode is now gone. Great job Shun, you've outdone yourself again.

Out of curiosity though, how do you change the background color for your menu?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
As a certain rainbow haired equine would say, "Omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh".

Additionally, the obnoxious block in the Max Combos section of Training Mode is now gone. Great job Shun, you've outdone yourself again.

Out of curiosity though, how do you change the background color for your menu?
Okay. Listen up!
Menu screen BG Color is two textures
mu_menumain/MiscData3/textures/tk_lasthole AND mu_menumain/MiscData3/textures/tk_last_tubu02

CSS BG color is also a single texture.
common5/sc_selcharacter/MiscData30/textures/bg_stars01

SSS BG color is another single texture (big surprise)
common5/sc_selcharacter/MiscData20/textures/MenFigure03Bg

are all the individual downloadable costumes compatible with this work of art too?
Sorta kinda. They don't have preinstalled CSPs, but the CSPs currently available for them work fine. You can find the completed CSPs here Courtesy of SJS.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Okay. Listen up!
Menu screen BG Color is a single texture.
mu_menumain/MiscData3/textures/tk_lasthole AND mu_menumain/MiscData3/textures/tk_last_tubu02

CSS BG color is also a single texture.
common5/sc_selcharacter/MiscData30/textures/bg_stars01

SSS BG color is another single texture (big surprise)
common5/sc_selcharacter/MiscData20/textures/MenFigure03Bg

Sort of kinda. They don't have preinstalled CSPs, but the CSPs currently available for them work fine. You can find the completed CSPs here Courtesy of SJS.
CSS and SSS, I knew. But all the guides for Menu changes made it sound like this obnoxious long process involving Photoshop. Thanks for all the information and all your work Shun, you make Project M even better.

One final question. Do you know what needs to be edited in order to change the menu panel colors at the top and bottom?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who finds it annoying that with Shun`s hacks Marth`s side b doesn`t make him flash colors but Roy`s does? It`s just such a small thing that bugs me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think he said that's because they don't do that in Smash 4
I know why he changed that, I`m just saying that it`s an aesthetic thing that bugs me because he changed that. I know there is nothing I can change about it until I learn how to remove the flash and make his (Roy`s) sword trails change like Shun did, I`m just saying it bugs me.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Am I the only one who finds it annoying that with Shun`s hacks Marth`s side b doesn`t make him flash colors but Roy`s does? It`s just such a small thing that bugs me.
The flash over-lays on Marth & Roy's side-B's bug the heck outta me (considering Brawl had a perfectly serviceable method that I liked). I typically don't like the flash over-lay effect for most moves that don't have a charge time (unless the flash is to indicate a special property).

That said, this should sate a lot of folks appetite. I have started a Tumblr page where in I'll randomly post things that I'm working on. Smash 3, Pancakes, Collabs...anything I'm doing Brawl modding related, I might just go ahead and post. Do check it out if you're interested in me going more in depth with the things I'm working on.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The flash over-lays on Marth & Roy's side-B's bug the heck outta me (considering Brawl had a perfectly serviceable method that I liked). I typically don't like the flash over-lay effect for most moves that don't have a charge time (unless the flash is to indicate a special property).
Oh good, I`m glad I`m not the only one who thought that change was stupid.

Top Bottom