• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Shun, I spotted a small issue on the back of Roy's armor regarding texture orientation. I'm not quite sure if it's a simple placement issue in the FitRoyXX asset files, or a change to the actual model with the BrawlBox lag bugs being patched, but you might want to check it out when you have the time. I'll pull up a image if I can.
Took a look, and that one is not my fault. The Project M model I used has the same problem.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Alright, that makes since. I suppose the model importing fix and facial oddities may be keeping the PMBR at work on these model sets. :/

(Not a terrible thing, especially when they fix the eternal state of awe Masked Man Lucas seems to be experiencing. XD)
*Remembers the blank stare....shudders*

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Alright, that makes since. I suppose the model importing fix and facial oddities may be keeping the PMBR at work on these model sets. :/

(Not a terrible thing, especially when they fix the eternal state of awe Masked Man Lucas seems to be experiencing. XD)
*Remembers the blank stare....shudders*

(Sorry about the double, :/)

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shun, we haven't got an update on Vibrant for a while, got anything in the works? Or have you been working on Smash 3 too much?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey Shun, we haven't got an update on Vibrant for a while, got anything in the works? Or have you been working on Smash 3 too much?
Too much Smash 3. It's more fun for me to work on at the moment. Considering Smash 3 is like the Vibrant Projects True form or something, yeah. No surprise I put more time into it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Too much Smash 3. It's more fun for me to work on at the moment. Considering Smash 3 is like the Vibrant Projects True form or something, yeah. No surprise I put more time into it.
Well with all the creative liberties I'm seeing, that troubles me not the least. :D

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3, Vibrant, either way I get good looking textures. Keep up the good work, I really appreciate the time and effort you guys put into Smash 3.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
A while ago, I tried to do something but it didn't work. Recently, I discovered how to make it work.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You found out how to get Roy to load alternate sword trails?
Yes I did.

[collapse=normal slashes]
[/collapse]
[collapse=DED slashes]
[/collapse]

I only have 3 trails to work with (normal, DED, and Flare Blade), so I'm thinking I'll make any DED slashes with fire effects use Flare Blades trail (Lo3, Final4), and all other DED's will use the DED slash effect. With this, I can remove the flash over-lay entirely since it won't be needed as a visual tell anymore.

EDIT: I just updated it. Roy will no longer flash at all during DED. All sword attacks with fire effects use a flame sword trail. All DED slashes (minus those with flame effects) use the DED trail.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Excuse me, I'm new at Smash Bros acronyms, what's DED?

Edit: Nevermind, I just figured out it's Roy's Side Special. Double Edge Dance, I think?

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Noobie question, but textures aren't usually wifi safe right? I swear I've seen some on Brawlvault that are wifi safe but now I'm second guessing myself. I know that both players must have a texture and it will work fine over wifi, but are there textures that will work if only one person has it?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Noobie question, but textures aren't usually wifi safe right? I swear I've seen some on Brawlvault that are wifi safe but now I'm second guessing myself. I know that both players must have a texture and it will work fine over wifi, but are there textures that will work if only one person has it?
Everything in my OP is Wi-Fi safe unless some weird buggy thing occurs.

Textures are typically wi-fi safe, even if your opponent does not have them. Model edits can sometimes not be Wi-Fi safe if they edit certain things about the models.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Hey Shun Bun

I haven't posted ITT for awhile, but I still peep it man.

This among a few other threads (like the Smash 3 thread) keep me logging back in. Anyways I have a question regarding the Roy DED effects, does that mean that the Marth, Pit, and Link swing effects are 3.02 safe as well?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey Shun Bun

I haven't posted ITT for awhile, but I still peep it man.

This among a few other threads (like the Smash 3 thread) keep me logging back in. Anyways I have a question regarding the Roy DED effects, does that mean that the Marth, Pit, and Link swing effects are 3.02 safe as well?
Yeah, those are all 3.02 safe.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Shun, do you have any plans to give other characters different sword effects like Toon Link and Ike?

Obskore

Smash Ace
hi there Shun, i'm here to notify about something odd according to your Vibrant Wolf
his 04 costume (black and white) has a wrong "WolfBoots" texture, instead, there is the "WolfHeadgear" texture imported over that slot and it looks bad :/

that's all, everything else looks excellent

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
hi there Shun, i'm here to notify about something odd according to your Vibrant Wolf
his 04 costume (black and white) has a wrong "WolfBoots" texture, instead, there is the "WolfHeadgear" texture imported over that slot and it looks bad :/

that's all, everything else looks excellent
Fixed in both Wolf's individual download and The Pack download. Thanks.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey i'm experimenting Shun-One, and i was wondering if you can change CFs Eye color?
No idea. Never tried. If you can, it'd be something you have to edit in his materials. It might have something to do with his shaders as well, but I doubt it. I must re-iterate, I've never tried before so I don't really know

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I just downloaded the Bowser's Inside Story SFX. How can I get him to say "Showtime"? None of his taunts seem to work and none of his winning poses either.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I just downloaded the Bowser's Inside Story SFX. How can I get him to say "Showtime"? None of his taunts seem to work and none of his winning poses either.
There is a missing FitKoopa.pac that is not available due to freezing the game at the moment. Whenever I repair it, I will upload it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
There is a missing FitKoopa.pac that is not available due to freezing the game at the moment. Whenever I repair it, I will upload it.
Sweet. I think Showtime should be his Downtaunt.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to ONLY download the Vibrant packs plus the BPs/Reseult Screen Portraits for it? I don't really need most of the other stuff.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sweet. I think Showtime should be his Downtaunt.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to ONLY download the Vibrant packs plus the BPs/Reseult Screen Portraits for it? I don't really need most of the other stuff.
Download the pack, then delete the system and menu2 folders

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Only if you don't delete the system folder, but that much is needed if you don't want the customized CSS. There are no BPs that come stock as they are not finished.
So if I keep the System folder, i will get the "Grid" CSS, plus all of the Vibrant CSPs? However, I won't get BPs because they aren't finished.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So if I keep the System folder, i will get the "Grid" CSS, plus all of the Vibrant CSPs? However, I won't get BPs because they aren't finished.
Correct.

Also, I think I've fixed Bowser's "Showtime" intro. If you encounter any game freezes, please notify me. The FitKoopa.pac is now included (for Project M 3.02).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Only if you don't delete the system folder, but that much is needed if you don't want the customized CSS. There are no BPs that come stock as they are not finished.
Could you tell me the difference between CSP and BP? One is Character Select Portrait and One is Battle Portrait correct?

Top Bottom