• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shun's House of Pancakes -Closed. What you see is what you get

What Should I Do Next?

• Total voters

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
Actually he replaced Pink Falcon with a red and white falcon.
Yes, I realize this, but these were edits he posted on SmashMods.com of the default Falcon and Peach costumes in a vibrant style. My inquiry was if they would blend in with this pack or if he had changed the method of creating them, thus making it clash. I can't test in-game at the moment to see if it's the case.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
@Zero - OP means opening post. It's the first post of this thread.

@yogurt - they still fit. Falcon's didn't change at all.

@ELI - thanks! You guys' support helps keep me going

Im in my phone mow, but I Wanna show you guys a Sheik tease when I get to my laptop

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I noticed my last few post have been pretty negative so I would like to say that I love the Toon Link preview! It reminds me of the classic Zelda games and I like how many colors you used.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I noticed my last few post have been pretty negative so I would like to say that I love the Toon Link preview! It reminds me of the classic Zelda games and I like how many colors you used.
Thanks for saying this. That Tink was driving me insane before I finally settled on what you see now. There was so much color that it was hard to balance what stood out.

With the release of the RSBE (Sound Bank for Gecko), I intend to update my Pit Voice Pack for use with Gecko. An RSBE01 will be included in the pack that adds the code for ease of use. This also makes me consider one other sfx project for a character I've already vibrified...

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Can't wait to see Toon Link Shun, and big props for the MetaKnight! Once again, you seem to understand what makes a character stand out; without harming the detail already upon the character. That's a fine line that you cross in STRIDES, never sacrificing detail for such shimmering palettes.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey Shun_One, In the OP your CSS has a complete roster (no missing characters like Kirby or Olimar). Do you think you can link me a download or a link to the thread where I can download that because I am currently beta-testing Brawl Minus Maximum 0.5b, the new update that came out a few days ago, and want it to look as epic as possible.

Also will you be doing FS textures like Super Sonic, Giga Bowser, and Wario Man

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Can't wait to see Toon Link Shun, and big props for the MetaKnight! Once again, you seem to understand what makes a character stand out; without harming the detail already upon the character. That's a fine line that you cross in STRIDES, never sacrificing detail for such shimmering palettes.
Dude, thanks for the vote of confidence. If you had seen some of the early designs, you'd laugh at how unbalanced they were. I've improved the more I go.

Hey Shun_One, In the OP your CSS has a complete roster (no missing characters like Kirby or Olimar). Do you think you can link me a download or a link to the thread where I can download that because I am currently beta-testing Brawl Minus Maximum 0.5b, the new update that came out a few days ago, and want it to look as epic as possible.

Also will you be doing FS textures like Super Sonic, Giga Bowser, and Wario Man
My Vault

And I suppose I wouldn't mind doing them. They should be pretty easy. Also, I don't think Super Sonic has a texture.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Tink and ganon look amazing!! Would you consider making a vibrant version of the "new ganondorf" that was posted a while back on here? It was a melee styled ganon using brawl textures or something. The thread doesnt seem to be up anymore, but i do have that ganon on my game and it would look really cool vibrant-ized, In my opinion.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh man, that Purpledorf. I might have to set up Cbliss just to use it (because I don't want to give up Lovedorf or Oldmandorf, or replace default).

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Tink and ganon look amazing!! Would you consider making a vibrant version of the "new ganondorf" that was posted a while back on here? It was a melee styled ganon using brawl textures or something. The thread doesnt seem to be up anymore, but i do have that ganon on my game and it would look really cool vibrant-ized, In my opinion.
I got a request to do that earlier too, so I probably will. Shouldn't be too hard to transfer over my work.

Are you planning on doing Ike anytime soon? :3
Unfortunately, Ike is my main (Marth too), so they get special treatment. This means they'll take a bit longer than everyone else. Or, more specifically, Fire Emblem is my favorite non-Smash Bros Nintendo franchise, so I go nuts whenever I work on FE stuff. I want to finish as many others as I can before I get to them so I can focus.

I fell in love with your Sheik:love:
Glad you like. The other ones are quite nice, IMO.

Oh man, that Purpledorf. I might have to set up Cbliss just to use it (because I don't want to give up Lovedorf or Oldmandorf, or replace default).
Welcome to my world when choosing whether or not to make a new color, or just adjust a Brawl one. I drive myself insane sometimes (curse you, Pink Meta Knight!)

Almost done with the Zelda crew, but what is Lucas doing there!?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I got a request to do that earlier too, so I probably will. Shouldn't be too hard to transfer over my work.

Unfortunately, Ike is my main (Marth too), so they get special treatment. This means they'll take a bit longer than everyone else. Or, more specifically, Fire Emblem is my favorite non-Smash Bros Nintendo franchise, so I go nuts whenever I work on FE stuff. I want to finish as many others as I can before I get to them so I can focus.

Glad you like. The other ones are quite nice, IMO.

Welcome to my world when choosing whether or not to make a new color, or just adjust a Brawl one. I drive myself insane sometimes (curse you, Pink Meta Knight!)

Almost done with the Zelda crew, but what is Lucas doing there!?

Marth is definitely who I'm most excited for now (one of my mains as well). Oddly enough I've also taken a liking to Ike too since 2.6. Hoping to see some magical schtuff for these costumes. Also if you make 'New Ganon' costumes, I'd use this version: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32173

^ That version has moving eyes and facial expressions and such, whereas \Apples' one doesn't. I imagine you can still use the same textures as \Apples since these are basically the same vertex hack. I'd love to see what you can do with that version of Ganon as well!

Edit: Also THANK YOU for the Blonde Psychic Baby vibrantified-ness! I'll finally be able to tell which costumes are for which team with Lucas now. lol

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Marth is definitely who I'm most excited for now (one of my mains as well). Oddly enough I've also taken a liking to Ike too since 2.6. Hoping to see some magical schtuff for these costumes. Also if you make 'New Ganon' costumes, I'd use this version: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32173

^ That version has moving eyes and facial expressions and such, whereas \Apples' one doesn't. I imagine you can still use the same textures as \Apples since these are basically the same vertex hack. I'd love to see what you can do with that version of Ganon as well!

Edit: Also THANK YOU for the Blonde Psychic Baby vibrantified-ness! I'll finally be able to tell which costumes are for which team with Lucas now. lol
I'll use the latest model for Ganon, yes.

Marth and Ike, yeah...I have plans for those two.

Thank YOU for giving me the Blonde Psychic Baby nick-name for the title! Lucas, Zelda, and Sheik are now done. To be honest, I think default Zelda is probably one of the coolest things to come from this project yet.

Edit: 16 characters done. I wonder who I should tackle next...

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I saw the Sheik, Zelda and Lucas recolors, THANK YOU!
In project m my three mains are Zelda/Sheik, Lucas and Charizard. My fellow club members were literally jealous of them :rotfl:
Its a shame they don't have softmodded wii's, I could gave them a link to this thread here .
But I just imagine of the creativity you'll have with Charizard. (
HYPE)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Dude! Please tell me there are CSP's that match that default Zelda pose you have in that picture. It's pretty badace! And yes I do agree. New default Zelda is definitely one of the coolest. I feel like you should make cBliss alternate colors as well. Because... you know... awesome things and such... Once you get done with whatever else you have planned of course. And you're welcome for the Psychic Babies! :D

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
OH MY GAWD!!! (Sorry but I just thought about this all of a sudden...) There won't be too much changed about the new Project M Purple Marth will there!? That is my favorite costume of any costume ever made for Marth! If you just vibrify that one to match the others... I'd literally........ I don't think I can say what I'd do. :p

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I would really love some snake or wario textures, but amazing job on this already!

Taiko

Smash Ace
Very nice job on these latest ones, though Lucas's black colour might be too...black. It doesn't look like it has enough contrast to me, the other ones look very nice though!

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
First, a big general thank you to all who commented (and those who use this stuff but never say anything).

Dude! Please tell me there are CSP's that match that default Zelda pose you have in that picture. It's pretty badace! And yes I do agree. New default Zelda is definitely one of the coolest. I feel like you should make cBliss alternate colors as well. Because... you know... awesome things and such... Once you get done with whatever else you have planned of course. And you're welcome for the Psychic Babies! :D
The pose? My friend, meet the Gentleman, though his thread is experiencing bandwidth errors at the moment. cBliss stuff is...a long way off, if I even do it. I'll be pretty drained by the end of this project.

Very nice job on these latest ones, though Lucas's black colour might be too...black. It doesn't look like it has enough contrast to me, the other ones look very nice though!
I noticed it when I was making and left it in. I wanted the black out-fit to look sort of old, and the lack of contrast did it for me. Good eye though. I've actually noticed myself adjusting things because I notice they're literally 3 values off from where I want them. I think I need help.

The Plan:

- Pokemon, DK & Diddy, and Ness in no particular order.

Some other folks might sneak in there though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was messing around with the new SFX swap thing and gave Bowser his voice from Mario & Luigi 3. Should I share it?

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
1. Thank you for making all of this awesome stuff for us, Shun! (Even if I don't use all of it...)

2. For Pokemon colors, I would vouch for some more colored Ivysaurs. I understand the whole "Seasons" theme that P:M has now, but I would just love to see a red team Ivysaur with black leaves or something. It is somewhat amusing in my circle of friends to yell "GRAPES!" when I play as Ivysaur, though.

3. OMG, yes! The only thing that would make Bowser better is if his battle entering "Showtime!" from BiS played when the match started.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The pose? My friend, meet the Gentleman, though his thread is experiencing bandwidth errors at the moment. cBliss stuff is...a long way off, if I even do it. I'll be pretty drained by the end of this project.

Awesoooooooome! Even though I can't see these things at the moment lol. I've seen his stuff before and know that it is great.

In other news. I kinda sorta made some progress with the Link Blender thingy... I've figured out that ModelData[4] (5, 6, and 7 as well) control the rest of the nice little effects for his Spin Attack and are where all those extra orange-ish colors come from... However I've yet to figure out how to change the colors of these models to more match his Melee attack. Do you happen to know how to change the colors for those? Also anybody else if you know how to do it, feel free to chime in!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey Shun_One, FitToonLink06 isn`t included in your Vibrant Pack. Don`t know if any other textures are missing in your pack.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
This pack is extremely high quality! The one issue I have with it is the new black texture for Pit. I would have preferred if it outright replaced his old one, as the two of them aren't very different from each other. Aside from the wings, the palette changes are very minor, which makes me worry that they'll create confusion during a match.

It would also be pretty swell if you could make vibrant textures for the costumes that have been replaced. Its nice to have options, and I'd like to switch back to pink Falcon if possible.

These issues aside, this is easily one of the best texture packs out there! ^_^

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Hey Shun_One, FitToonLink06 isn`t included in your Vibrant Pack. Don`t know if any other textures are missing in your pack.
Fixed a few days ago, but I barely had time to log in and say so. By the way, who is your main?

1. Thank you for making all of this awesome stuff for us, Shun! (Even if I don't use all of it...)

2. For Pokemon colors, I would vouch for some more colored Ivysaurs. I understand the whole "Seasons" theme that P:M has now, but I would just love to see a red team Ivysaur with black leaves or something. It is somewhat amusing in my circle of friends to yell "GRAPES!" when I play as Ivysaur, though.

3. OMG, yes! The only thing that would make Bowser better is if his battle entering "Showtime!" from BiS played when the match started.
You are welcome, and use what you please. For the Pokemon...eh, we'll see what I do. Sometimes I get ideas, sometimes I don't. I'm not a fan of change for the sake of change though. And those Bowser sounds will be out...eventually.

Love that Dr. Mario texture! :D
Glad you like, be sure to check out the original awesome model.

This pack is extremely high quality! The one issue I have with it is the new black texture for Pit. I would have preferred if it outright replaced his old one, as the two of them aren't very different from each other. Aside from the wings, the palette changes are very minor, which makes me worry that they'll create confusion during a match.

It would also be pretty swell if you could make vibrant textures for the costumes that have been replaced. Its nice to have options, and I'd like to switch back to pink Falcon if possible.

These issues aside, this is easily one of the best texture packs out there! ^_^
Why thank you for the comments. I assume you're referring to Magnus Pit, yes? I actually changed vBrawl's black Pit to SJS Pitoo, which makes them more different than you'd think. I personally haven't run into any problems with getting them confused. That's one of the rules I have to follow when making my texture choices.

If you really want Pink Falcon, I did him a while ago and you can find it here: Original Falcon Costumes

I'll take requests at a later date. When I'm closer to having everyone finished.

Phew...all that out of the way, Donkey Kong is out. Nothing too drastic done to him. I didn't think he needed it.

EDIT: One Free Custom Texture to the person who can guess the franchise order of the first 8 series in the OP.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Really liking the Super DK, specifically the blue tie instead of red. Very nice!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Uuh, do these textures work on Wi-Fi? I used your Dr. Mario textures (the one with the recolors) and I ran into a moment where I desynced with someone. The first time I used him it didn't desync, but the second...it did. I asked him if he had any textures that could've desynced, he said no. We were on...whatever that kirby stage is called again with wispy willow, and I had no textures on that stage. I did have the Dr. Mario texture on, though. So, does it desync from Wi-Fi?

Edit: Yep, it has to be the texture...can you make it Wi-Fi safe?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Uuh, do these textures work on Wi-Fi? I used your Dr. Mario textures (the one with the recolors) and I ran into a moment where I desynced with someone. The first time I used him it didn't desync, but the second...it did. I asked him if he had any textures that could've desynced, he said no. We were on...whatever that kirby stage is called again with wispy willow, and I had no textures on that stage. I did have the Dr. Mario texture on, though. So, does it desync from Wi-Fi?

Edit: Yep, it has to be the texture...can you make it Wi-Fi safe?
It's most definitely the model, though I was under the impression that it was Wi-Fi safe. Seems that's not the case, so I'll likely update Mario's pack and remove it. This is part of the reason one of my established rules is to avoid model swaps unless it's wi-fi safe. Strange though, the download of the original model says it's Wi-Fi Safe. As the model part is their work, I'd start my search for errors there.

Not to say it's not my textures, but a change like that shouldn't cause problems, but if so, I'll just have to re-do it.

The original is here: Link

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick note. Shun, in your CSS, how did you remove the names from the character select tiles? I'm trying my hand at shooping a CSS, but I don't want to have the names obstruct the pictures. Also, when changing the background color on a CSS, the default blue is left on the bottom. Is there a way to change that, too? Final thing, (I hope I'm not being nitpicky or a bother :(), but how did you change the arrangement of the character select portion to alter the size of the names, placement of series icon, etc.?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I love the way you have things laid out in this CSS, but I have a question concerning the CSPs. Yours has a grey/black pencil for name entry and it's grey/black behind the player name. What would one have to do to keep your overall layout but return that to the standard colors?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
It's most definitely the model, though I was under the impression that it was Wi-Fi safe. Seems that's not the case, so I'll likely update Mario's pack and remove it. This is part of the reason one of my established rules is to avoid model swaps unless it's wi-fi safe. Strange though, the download of the original model says it's Wi-Fi Safe. As the model part is their work, I'd start my search for errors there.

Not to say it's not my textures, but a change like that shouldn't cause problems, but if so, I'll just have to re-do it.

The original is here: Link
Well, actually that might not be the case. I'm using a SFX pack for Mario. Now, I know the SFX doesn't effect gameplay but I had to switch the 2.6 FitMario.pac with with the one necessary for the SFX to work. Maybe there is something wrong with that FitMario.pac. I had one match with that Dr. Mario texture that didn't desync.

If the model says it's Wi-Fi safe and others have witnessed it as Wi-Fi safe...then maybe it is. If this SFX thing is the problem though...I'll try to fix it if possible and try the Dr. Mario texture again to see if it is causing any problems.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Well, actually that might not be the case. I'm using a SFX pack for Mario. Now, I know the SFX doesn't effect gameplay but I had to switch the 2.6 FitMario.pac with with the one necessary for the SFX to work. Maybe there is something wrong with that FitMario.pac. I had one match with that Dr. Mario texture that didn't desync.

If the model says it's Wi-Fi safe and others have witnessed it as Wi-Fi safe...then maybe it is. If this SFX thing is the problem though...I'll try to fix it if possible and try the Dr. Mario texture again to see if it is causing any problems.
It's probably the FitMario.pac file that's desyncing you then, since that's where the movesets of the characters are stored. Changing that back to the 2.6 FitMario.pac will probably fix your problem.

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Actually, I've heard reports of the ORIGINAL 2.6 FitMario.pac desyncing. It appears to be a glitch with Mario himself, similar to Sonic in 2.1

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
It's probably the FitMario.pac file that's desyncing you then, since that's where the movesets of the characters are stored. Changing that back to the 2.6 FitMario.pac will probably fix your problem.
Yeah, I know that but...I was told I need it for the SFX to work. I don't know if that .pac is 2.5, but I believe the thread title, and in the OP said it was updated for 2.6... I don't know if he made a mistake or not. :/

Edit: Yep, the Dr. Mario texture works!

Top Bottom