• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
btw that knockback increase is directly related to the % damage increase done

BUT THANK YOU FOR THIS LIST OMQ it helps a lot
Indeed, most are an addition of 7 or 8, which is proportional to the damage, except for Ftilt, Up B, and the grabs.

Ftilt is 136->134

Air Slash is only 137->138 (barley changed)

Grabs are all about the same knockback
Bthrow - 104->104
Fthrow - 98->99
DThrow - 111->112
Uthrow - 83->83
Anything else I'm missing?
Don't forget the bug where opponents could get out of F-Smash has been fixed. Previously, at certain distances, characters like Ike would be hit too far upwards by the first hitbox of the move (which does no knockback), to the point where the second hitbox would not hit them, but now this has been fixed and Ike is hit. ...Or at least it is vastly improved.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
. . . Thought everyone here would maybe be interested in a small interview with Adam Howden about his voice-acting work, mainly in Xenoblade Chronicles and in SSBIV. Check it out!

Edit: Also, I'm not fond of Sakurai significantly shortening our glorious offer of XC's OST, but then again, there really is a lot I don't agree with Sakurai's person about (i.e. His online gaming policies, etc.), but whatever.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
One of my top 3 Xenoblade songs shortened..
/more dead than pichus chances of returning:pichumelee:
If the same thing happens to Mechanical Rhythm mfw sakurai why

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Wtf. It wasn't THAT short
One of my top 3 Xenoblade songs shortened..
/more dead than pichus chances of returning:pichumelee:
If the same thing happens to Mechanical Rhythm mfw sakurai why
The original track time is exactly one minute longer. It's probably looped at the second chorus, which is why it seems significantly shorter. So we miss the chorus in a different key with a slight variation near its end, and the ending.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this shortening is kind of justified. It'd flow much better on-loop.

Speaking of Engage the Enemy, did I ever post this here...?
I transcribed it by ear (with help from a video and another transcription) and learned to play it earlier in the year.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
That's super awesome. I took piano classes two years ago but.. yeah it just didn't work out. I do play the viola though and now I kinda want to make sheet music for Engage the Enemy and some other Xenoblade songs...

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
... I only wish I were that cool.
Am I reading this correctly? Life wishes it were as cool as me.
:happysheep:
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
That's super awesome. I took piano classes two years ago but.. yeah it just didn't work out. I do play the viola though and now I kinda want to make sheet music for Engage the Enemy and some other Xenoblade songs...
If you look in my video description I've got a link to my transcription and also the other sources I used. Use it if you like :)
I also transcribed parts of the Main Theme, Gaur Plain, Snowy Valak Mountain and Beyond the Sky (which turned out alright), and parts of Unfinished Battle, Tragic Decision, Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names (which didn't turn out quite as well, due to my ear not being good enough to write it correctly).

I usually end up writing things out, playing practising them a bit and then put them into the boredom or 'too hard' baskets.

tenshinoakuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
ninjaoctopii
3DS FC
3781-0389-6662
The original track time is exactly one minute longer. It's probably looped at the second chorus, which is why it seems significantly shorter. So we miss the chorus in a different key with a slight variation near its end, and the ending.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this shortening is kind of justified. It'd flow much better on-loop.

Speaking of Engage the Enemy, did I ever post this here...?
I transcribed it by ear (with help from a video and another transcription) and learned to play it earlier in the year.
Dayum, that's nice. Gonna grab the sheet music myself and see if I can play it as well. What did you use to transcribe the music?

Not sure if you've seen Anjoola's arrangements, but they've done the Main Theme, Makna Forest (night), Beyond the Sky and Memories. I can't link because I haven't... made enough posts..., but sheets[dot]anjoola[dot]com

I've played the Main Theme, but trying to play all 3 parts when it's designed for 2 pianos is hard lol.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Dayum, that's nice. Gonna grab the sheet music myself and see if I can play it as well. What did you use to transcribe the music?

Not sure if you've seen Anjoola's arrangements, but they've done the Main Theme, Makna Forest (night), Beyond the Sky and Memories. I can't link because I haven't... made enough posts..., but sheets[dot]anjoola[dot]com

I've played the Main Theme, but trying to play all 3 parts when it's designed for 2 pianos is hard lol.
I used MuseScore. It's like a free, less-user-friendly Sibelius. It does what I want it to do, at least. 80% of the time. (I often have to do a lot of manual fixes when it comes to slurs.)

I think I did come across Anjoola's stuff at some point, likely used it to assist with some of my attempted harmonies when I tried writing Beyond the Sky.

I kinda wanna tackle one of the Agniritha pieces, or While I Think... one day.

Also, this guy.
You Will Know Our Names sounds better than expected on piano.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
Ah, Musescore. Good times. I used to use it before I had to switch to FInale for school purposes. (I don't really recommend it. Gonna try Sibelius when I graduate.)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey Monado Boys/Girls. Just letting you all know that I'll be back in action. I'm less busy and my health has improved, so I have more time for you all :4shulk:

Anyways, I'll be getting myself caught up with the recent patch notes and thread updates I need to make over time. I'm definitely looking forward to picking up Smash Wii U soon though!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Who here is getting Smash Wii U digitally? I'm curious.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Ah, Musescore. Good times. I used to use it before I had to switch to FInale for school purposes. (I don't really recommend it. Gonna try Sibelius when I graduate.)
Sibelius is great!! There are so many key shortcuts you can (should definitely) use, and the features are quite extensive. Idk why a teacher would make you use Finale... Is it Finale Notepad?
Hi Shulks, I'm determined to learn this piece of weebtrash and I need to know if there's any frame data hanging around this character board. Halp?
Idk what you mean exactly but here's frame and hitbox data for all characters http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8

Life

Smash Hero
Sibelius is great!! There are so many key shortcuts you can (should definitely) use, and the features are quite extensive. Idk why a teacher would make you use Finale... Is it Finale Notepad?
Long story short, one of our professors literally writes the Finale manual, and it's installed on all the computers we have. Transferability is good (though I haven't needed that as much since freshman year).

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Smash Wii U is out everyone(At least where I am), get hyped! I'm not getting it now as a) I have no money, b) Pokemon takes priority. But come holiday season I'll be Smashin in HD! .D

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've not used Finale, but I know that Sibelius was quite nice. Didn't really appreciate how good it was until I started trying MuseScore :laugh:

Because Smash is out in the US, it's going to be hard to visit Smashboards, I'll end up sad.
I guess Pokémon will hold me over until Saturday...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
My buddy Oreo! Good to see you aboard the feeling it train!
Yeah, I'm trying to learn my way around this awkward character. His normals are so...basic. I don't know how else to describe them. Though, I do like combat-walking around the stage. Any tips? I've been of the idea that Smash mode is a good starter. You just treat Shulkiepoo~ like a glass cannon and make the most off of hits. By the way, I find Shulk to be so generically bishi that I have to make fun of him.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah, I'm trying to learn my way around this awkward character. His normals are so...basic. I don't know how else to describe them. Though, I do like combat-walking around the stage. Any tips? I've been of the idea that Smash mode is a good starter. You just treat Shulkiepoo~ like a glass cannon and make the most off of hits. By the way, I find Shulk to be so generically bishi that I have to make fun of him.
Shulk isn't bishi, he's so manly he puts Captain Falcon to shame :4dedede: /sarcasm

If you wanna see some super good and ~manly~ Shulk gameplay check out some videos of Trela on Youtube. Welcome to the Shulk boards btw ;;

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Today on eventhubs, Shulk went to the worst character, then the best, then in 5 minutes plummeted to 25th. At the time this comment was made, WFT was in 3rd, Shulk in 25th, Jr in 40th and other crpa like that.

Uh, ok then. What is wrong with eventhubs?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Today on eventhubs, Shulk went to the worst character, then the best, then in 5 minutes plummeted to 25th. At the time this comment was made, WFT was in 3rd, Shulk in 25th, Jr in 40th and other crpa like that.

Uh, ok then. What is wrong with eventhubs?
Their voting system means there will likely be wild
fluctuations until a lot more votes come in.

In time it will probably look similar to 3DS tier list.
...You are talking about their list for Wii U right?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It's because it's a voting system yeah. The Wii U one just came out, and 1.04 is itself still relatively new so there's going to be contention for a bit.

He's in 12th now. One way or another, he has by FAR the biggest tier-gain of all the characters by a huge margin so whether he places potential high tier, amongst the top, or at worst the upper reaches of mid the 1.04 patch' improvement of the character is definitely showing no matter what.

Remember too, this is just preliminary data and basically glorified theory crafting using matchups almost exclusively (you can log in and vote on an individual matchup basis), actual tournament results and placings can make an enormous difference as well and that hasn't happened yet.

Edit: Well he had the biggest gain until now at least, Diddy surpassed his gain with a 22 gain, with Shulk in second at 14 but that's for now...although it makes sense as people are just now really starting to realize how good Diddy is. I wouldn't take this too much to heart until things settle down a bit.

Last edited:

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Haven't been on here for too long... But I uploaded Part 3 of Shulk and Friends commentating the Smash Wii U direct!

Top Bottom