• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
But really, the most hype came from MM3D. IM SO HYPE FOR EVERYTHING!!!

D

Deleted member

I need Xenoblade Chronicles: X.
It's release date is so far away though! I hope that it gets released within next year.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
So it seems Rin/Lin/Lynn is the name of the girl with the Monado hairpin.

And it seems like Tatsu is one of the team members! Booyah!!

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
It's weird, the story so far just feels like you're confined to that one area. But I guess we'll just have to wait for details

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so um

Thanks to @ Aggyyu Aggyyu and other people's Xenoblade characters commenting on SSB newcomer trailers, I decided to do some of my own. I was kinda beaten to the punch with Alvis on Shulk's though (I was also gonna do Robin on Shulk's but couldn't find any English voice clips of either of them) but I did do one of Robin with Dunban, fangirl!Fiora and for some reason, Reyn (it's on Dailymotion, I'll link it later). I have a Shulk on Little Mac's planned, and Melia and Riki and maybe Sharla on Rosalina's. I may come up with some more later, I just haven't had time cause I'm cramming for an online course I gotta finish before my job starts next week.

Speaking of job. It can help me get upgrades for this economy class desktop since I also had something else planned that involved masking, namely of the characters' faces, but my computer isn't powerful enough right now to handle masking; Vegas will crash if I try it.

Masking with what you ask? It's a surprise! ;) But I'll give you a hint: NBC sitcom. That is all~

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Something weird... Xenoblade related... Just... I can't explain it. Watch it. (No spoilers.)
http://nicoviewer.net/sm24668116
I...I don't even know what to say so I'm just leaving a reaction pic

Have another weird Smash thing from Japan I found the other day! I never expected to see Touhou x Zelda in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxIpiFLIvo
Hey so um

Thanks to @ Aggyyu Aggyyu and other people's Xenoblade characters commenting on SSB newcomer trailers, I decided to do some of my own. I was kinda beaten to the punch with Alvis on Shulk's though (I was also gonna do Robin on Shulk's but couldn't find any English voice clips of either of them) but I did do one of Robin with Dunban, fangirl!Fiora and for some reason, Reyn (it's on Dailymotion, I'll link it later). I have a Shulk on Little Mac's planned, and Melia and Riki and maybe Sharla on Rosalina's. I may come up with some more later, I just haven't had time cause I'm cramming for an online course I gotta finish before my job starts next week.

Speaking of job. It can help me get upgrades for this economy class desktop since I also had something else planned that involved masking, namely of the characters' faces, but my computer isn't powerful enough right now to handle masking; Vegas will crash if I try it.

Masking with what you ask? It's a surprise! ;) But I'll give you a hint: NBC sitcom. That is all~
Sounds interesting. Good luck with it! I'm totally jealous of people who can do stuff with Photoshop and Vegas.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I...I don't even know what to say so I'm just leaving a reaction pic

Have another weird Smash thing from Japan I found the other day! I never expected to see Touhou x Zelda in my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxIpiFLIvo
Sounds interesting. Good luck with it! I'm totally jealous of people who can do stuff with Photoshop and Vegas.
Thanks c: I actually haven't even had that much practice with those two programs tbh, I have another AMV for another game I'm working on but this economy class desktop won't let me finish it >.>

But when it comes to getting good, it's all in the tutorials~

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm glad we got the full version of Xenoblade X's main theme. Hearing this gets me pumped for the release.

How different the song's style is from Xenoblade's main theme is interesting.

-

Now that I think of it, it might be a good thing Nintendo is not giving a more precise release date on the game. If Monolith needs time to make this game all that it can be, the masterpiece we are expecting, then let them have it!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I personally get a very different feel and vibe from Xenoblade X itself compared to the original Xenoblade.
I like X's theme, it's just as what I'd expect from Hiroyuki Sawano but I will miss ACE+ and the gang, as I believe he is solely composing the music.

Speaking of Main Themes, I really hope they throw in Xenoblade's Main Theme into Smash Wii U. I don't care if it fits or doesn't fit, it's just too damn beautiful and emotional to be left out. They managed to throw in Wii Shop Channel and Midna's Lament in Brawl, so why not this too?

i'm shimomura biased

The city hub was probably the best part (because it looks so... alive) but anyway, this game is going to be amazing

I was expecting some SMTxFE though...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One random idea I had is what if you can get Shulk's clothing and the Monado as a weapon if you connect his Amiibo to the game? If that was the case, then that would be my incentive to buy an Amiibo.

I'm glad we got the full version of Xenoblade X's main theme. Hearing this gets me pumped for the release.

How different the song's style is from Xenoblade's main theme is interesting.

-

Now that I think of it, it might be a good thing Nintendo is not giving a more precise release date on the game. If Monolith needs time to make this game all that it can be, the masterpiece we are expecting, then let them have it!
To me, the main theme sounds a lot more grand (for a lack of better words). It just sounds perfect for a game that is this massive and this expansive.
Also, my class today got cancelled and I read that when the song hit 1:11... oddly fitting.

I personally get a very different feel and vibe from Xenoblade X itself compared to the original Xenoblade.
I like X's theme, it's just as what I'd expect from Hiroyuki Sawano but I will miss ACE+ and the gang, as I believe he is solely composing the music.

Speaking of Main Themes, I really hope they throw in Xenoblade's Main Theme into Smash Wii U. I don't care if it fits or doesn't fit, it's just too damn beautiful and emotional to be left out. They managed to throw in Wii Shop Channel and Midna's Lament in Brawl, so why not this too?

i'm shimomura biased
I wish that X would get at least one some in Smash. I mean, if they put in a stage from Yoshi's Wholly World, then I think they should put in a song from X. You know, just to get a taste of what the music is like in the game.
I wonder if we will get any remixes of songs from Xenoblade... maybe in some secret we can?

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Hey so um

Hey, thanks for giving me a mention! I'd love for Xenoblade Commentates to become a widespread thing. That'd be amazing. Did you check out my download for the voice clips in this thread? They're all named with what is said in the voice clip.

Be sure to post your videos here! I can't wait to see them :)

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hey, thanks for giving me a mention! I'd love for Xenoblade Commentates to become a widespread thing. That'd be amazing. Did you check out my download for the voice clips in this thread? They're all named with what is said in the voice clip.

Be sure to post your videos here! I can't wait to see them :)
Wow you named them all? That's so useful and must have taken forever! Can you repost the download? I can't find it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Is anybody going to start a results thread for shulk?

Last edited:
Oh right. That does sound like a good idea...

Edit: Who wants to make the thread by the way? If no one does then I'm okay with making it but if anyone wants to, I'll let them handle it

Oh and off topic and about non-xeno/smash stuff, **** bubba gump

Whelp. I'll start the thread. I guess but we're gonna need a name. I guess "Shulk tournament results" is fine but if anyone wants to add more flavor to it then feel free to suggest it. Also, this is probably the layout I'll be using for each result (Credit to @Scourge The Hedgehog for the layout)

Name of Tournament
Date of said Tournament
How many entrants (Out of xyz)
Placing and character(s)
Customs (Yes/No)

About customs, some tournaments allow or ban customs so that would be important to know also

Possible thread titles:
  • We can definitely do this!
  • Let's aim higher!
  • I'm really feeling it!
  • Now it's Shulk time!
idk. It's up to you guys again. I'd be totally fine if anyone would want to handle the thread

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed that this thread has seemingly forgotten about Chuggaaconroy's playthrough.

Note: I have no idea if I should be putting these in spoiler tags or not.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I definitely haven't forgot about him! I watch every episode! :o He's the first LP'er I started following! :)
Though doesn't it seem a bit unnecessary to post the videos here?

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
The wii u review copies are going out. Some guy on neo gaf got the game and here are all the Gaur plains songs. This is without CD's though.

Gaur Plain
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
Engade the Enemy
Guar Plain (Night)
Time to Fight
An Obstacle in Our Path
Mechanical Rhythm
You Will Know Our Names

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
The wii u review copies are going out. Some guy on neo gaf got the game and here are all the Gaur plains songs. This is without CD's though.

Gaur Plain
Xenoblade Chronicles Medley
Engade the Enemy
Guar Plain (Night)
Time to Fight
An Obstacle in Our Path
Mechanical Rhythm
You Will Know Our Names
Where is this one from?
I don't remember it in the OST.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Where is this one from?
I don't remember it in the OST.
I'm not sure myself. It could be the boss theme (one who gets in our way), metal face does appear as a boss. But I saw it in gamexplain's video too.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I'm curious about something. Were you guys overleveled by the time you reached a boss in Xenoblade or underleveld or just right?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I definitely haven't forgot about him! I watch every episode! :o He's the first LP'er I started following! :)
Though doesn't it seem a bit unnecessary to post the videos here?
Chuggaa's videos used to be posted back in the old social thread so I thought it was strange they weren't be posted in this one. Then again this thread is a LOT less active.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm curious about something. Were you guys overleveled by the time you reached a boss in Xenoblade or underleveld or just right?
In my first playthrough I was just right, in my second playthrough I was over leveled due to doing all the quests along the way of completing the game.
-
Interesting, it seems like they are calling "One Who Gets in Our Way" "An Obstacle in Our Path"
It's funny how like every Xenoblade song has two names.

Those Who Bear Their Name vs You Will Know Our Names
Parting, and... vs Once We Part Ways
Fight! vs Time to Fight!
Then there's this new one and much more.

I wonder what the reason for the double names is. Could it be opinions in translations?
I'm not sure myself. It could be the boss theme (one who gets in our way), metal face does appear as a boss. But I saw it in gamexplain's video too.
It's actually not there =]

I wonder what unlockables songs we will find. I bet they are remixes =]!!

Last edited:

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Last edited:
Top Bottom