• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
THIS IS SO GOOD. Engage the Enemy and the Xenoblade Melody i <3 u sakurai
If the unlockable music is any of the area music like Satorl Marsh or Agniratha I'm just gonna flip, like can this get any better???? Somehow it seems it always does

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I thought it was weird that they made it so short, then I realized it's just short of 2 mins long. It was designed to be used in the usual 2 min long time match. If you play it out, the loop goes back to intense Gaur plains music right when the announcer starts counting down (assuming no pausing).

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I thought it was weird that they made it so short, then I realized it's just short of 2 mins long. It was designed to be used in the usual 2 min long time match. If you play it out, the loop goes back to intense Gaur plains music right when the announcer starts counting down (assuming no pausing).
Something like that happened to Id~Purpose as well. The original song had parts cut out of it in order for it to fit in a 2 minute time frame. Its a pretty annoying limitation on the soundtrack.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
>No Zanza theme
>Xenoblade melody is just other themes pasted together

Well Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy sound different at least. Mechanical Rythm and You Will Know Our Names are almost exactly similar though.

I won't lie and say I'm not somewhat disappointed. However, it will be a cool track to be playing when doing a 2 min ffa.

Tbh, I'm annoyed that people in Canada got the game early. There goes my sense of discoveru =/. Unless... do you guys think if they announce something like a Xenoblade remix that you could put it in spoilers? I want to discover it when in the game, when I pick up that cd item or whatever.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Well Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy sound different at least. Mechanical Rythm and You Will Know Our Names are almost exactly similar though.

I won't lie and say I'm not somewhat disappointed. However, it will be a cool track to be playing when doing a 2 min ffa.

Tbh, I'm annoyed that people in Canada got the game early. There goes my sense of discoveru =/. Unless... do you guys think if they announce something like a Xenoblade remix that you could put it in spoilers? I want to discover it when in the game, when I pick up that cd item or whatever.
But they took out Zanzaaaah!!!

-First time i've ever felt salt online-

D

Deleted member

I am a bit disappointed that Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names wasn't remixed in the Xenoblade Medley, but the song is too good for me to care.
I will love listening to this during fights; the Gaur Plains portion has me pumped already!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Amazing stuff, only thing is that some of the transitions are kind of sudden (Mechanical Rhythm to You will Know Our Names).

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Shulk & Friends Commentate the Smash Wii U Direct - Part 2 is uploaded. I prefer Part 1, to be honest, but I managed to make Dunban go Super Saiyan so there's that.

D

Deleted member

I'm really feeling the Wii U version's character select screen. Notice Shulk's position.
Smash Wii U Character Select.png

Shulk is between Wii Fit Trainer and Dr. Mario, where he should be.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I'm really feeling this my ears are in the midst of an eargasm.
Holy crap! so Gaur Plain rock version is in the Medley, that makes it even better!

Dude, not all of the songs are unlocked yet. Zanza could still easily be in there. Just chill out for now.
This. I think they wouldn't just not put Zanza's theme in there, and i'm hoping for colony 9 too.

And man i'm so glad there's also Gaur Plains at night too, i just can get enough of that masterpiece.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Speed up the medley to 1.25, it sounds even better!
:joyful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In my opinion, the Engage the Enemy segment of the medley would fit well in a Sonic stage, especially Rooftop Run from Unleashed and Generations.

Actually, I take that back. I can imagine the entire medley being in a Sonic game.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Shulk & Friends Commentate the Smash Wii U Direct - Part 2 is uploaded. I prefer Part 1, to be honest, but I managed to make Dunban go Super Saiyan so there's that.

"Let's press on and on and on and on and on and on and o-"
"FIORA!"
Reminds me of this picture...
T0RK55C.gif

Courtesy goes to @MASTERLINKX for this beautiful image.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The Xenoblade Medley was a bit disappointing... I do love the Gaur Plain remix of it though, I would've preferred a full version of that.

I'm praying for Colony 9, Zanza and The God-Slaying Sword as unlockable music.

And the Shulk roster positioning is just right.

Also, One Who Gets in Our Way is apparently called An Obstacle in Our Path. Makes me think of Yoshi's Island

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interestingly, there's a song from Soma Bringer. Does that song play on Gaur Plains? Do we know?
Nice guess, but...
Soma!.png
I'm more so expecting to see songs from The Last Story or Pandora's Tower be on Gaur Plains.
Personally, I imagine music from The Last Story and Pandora's Tower playing on Coliseum and Castle Siege, respectively.

Edit: HOLY **** THERE'S A MYSTERY OF THE EMBLEM MEDLEY I LOVE THAT GAME'S SOUNDTRACK

Edit: Okay, the medley doesn't live up to the original soundtrack, but it's still good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Why is Shulk's character select position good? ._.'

I'm about to start the tourney results thread atm

Just a few reminders:

1) The thread is purely for tournament related discussions. You can talk about Shulk's metagame if you want
2) OP could be improved so anyone can give suggestions to make it better
3) Don't talk about tier lists. Please

That's all

The transitioning of Xenoblade medley was lack luster but the Gaur Plains remix was godlike
Shulk was on the 3rd party junky row which is kind of insulting since that's clearly not the case, now he's in the right spot as a newcomer.
Nice avatar

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The song appears on Coliseum and it's called "Attack."

I'm more so expecting to see songs from The Last Story or Pandora's Tower be on Gaur Plains.
Soma Bringer is actually a Monolithsoft game, so I would have expected it before Last Story or Pandora's Tower. Coliseum also has a track from Glory of Heracles, so it might be the spot for a lot of unlockable JRPG music. I wouldn't doubt a Last Story track on Gaur Plains, though, and I am half expecting a track from Xenoblade Chronicles X as an unlockable.

D

Deleted member

Let's not lose our heads, though!
It made me smile seeing Pit try to imitate Reyn.

Soma Bringer is actually a Monolithsoft game, so I would have expected it before Last Story or Pandora's Tower. Coliseum also has a track from Glory of Heracles, so it might be the spot for a lot of unlockable JRPG music. I wouldn't doubt a Last Story track on Gaur Plains, though, and I am half expecting a track from Xenoblade Chronicles X as an unlockable.
It is? How is the game? I might search it up if it's any good (then again, it's made by Monolith Soft...).

I'm mostly expecting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower music on Gaur Plains since those two games were a part of the Operation Rainfall movement along with Xenoblade. I wouldn't be too surprised if they put in a song from X and I hope that they do that since I want to hear more of the soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
So we can get unlockable songs on Gaur plains? Unfinished battle still has a chance!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
But we don't have any official remixes yet. Smash is our only chance!
Except for potentially X. We might get a few there.

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
I'm getting really hyped with all the footage coming out of Shulk on the Wii U. I can't wait to fight Metal Face!

Last edited:
Top Bottom