• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So, i just watched Episode 40 of Chugga's LP and saw Prison ISland. I gotta say, i thought it would be longer, and the info dump wouldve been longer, but i still thought it was incredible. The feeels, and
DAT MONADO II, HECK YES THAT'S AWESOME! Someone needs to make a Monado II Mod for Shulk when SMash 4 gets hacks, and give him High Entia gear or something.

Also, i get the feeling Zanza's not dead. MElia probably was right that there's a better reason that he was locked up, and to only introduce him for the purpose of saying who made the Monado, and give the Monado an upgrade to make Metal Face defeatable, then to just kill him off, that's too sudden, especially for a game that's supposed to be super complex story wise like Xenoblade is. I mean, HE MADE THE FREAKING MONADO, there's no way this is the end of his role. I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of him.
Oh..so you haven't played Xenoblade? Let me tell you, if you thought the story was getting epic here, you haven't seen anything even CLOSE yet. The game becomes absolutely amazing and so twisty after Prison Island.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh..so you haven't played Xenoblade? Let me tell you, if you thought the story was getting epic here, you haven't seen anything even CLOSE yet. The game becomes absolutely amazing and so twisty after Prison Island.
Yeah, i've just been watching Chugga's LP. I'm loving where this is going though, if i get a New 3DS, i'm definitely getting the Xenoblade remake.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
DEFINITELY do that. There's a reason this game got a character in Smash.

I found out about Xenoblade through Chuggaa (I knew about it before, but didn't really KNOW about it till he started his LP.), but once his hiatus started I was too deep in the story to wait any longer. So, luckily my Gamestop had a copy so my mom got me the game for my b-day, and then I became obsessed with it and beat the game in a month or two. Trust me, it gets gooooooood.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I have no clue how I heard about Xenoblade. I mean I knew it existed but I thought it was some sort of Skyrim copy (lol how stupid) so I wasn't interested and didn't care about spoilers or anything
I'm pretty sure I saw Mechon Fiora at one point but idk I guess I yolo'd it and forgot (actually yolo wouldn't work for Fiora would it since she's been alive twice)
I just blindly bought it cuz I heard some good things and the first Gamestop I called had 3 copies of it???? "AGAINST THE ODDS!" But yeah, I got hooked on it in Colony 9 before the story started even getting ridiculously twisty, the worlds the game are set on just got me so interested. This is the only game I've ever played where I got home and said "omg xenoblade" and not just "i'll play it when I feel like it"
I'm so glad I blindly went out on a limb and bought it that day. Highly doubt I'll ever play a game as good as this one. Only X and further sequels might be able to match it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
While I can't call Xenoblade my favorite series (that title belongs to Kirby and Pokemon <3), it's by far my favorite Wii game and probably my favorite game in general.

Also it's 2 AM. x-x Making a full list of Smash Run powers takes longer than I thought.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've already done it, now I just need to sleep. :tired:

Also, Cartoon network was removed from my channels for some reason, RIGHT BEFORE THE NEW POKEMON MOVIE.
:sadeyes:The one time I'd watch something on that channel and now you go away?

Also, he doesn't use Shulk that much here BUT his Charizard though

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
The new Pokemon movie is the Diancie movie, and we're finally gonna see it in America this Saturday on Cartoon Network.
And I don't HAVE that channel anymore! D:< (It says it was "Removed by Turner")

EDIT: Dear lord compared to him I'm terrible.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Removed by Turner?
Diancie is part Fairy type?
I'm sorry
*dies laughing*
Also apparently that show is still going. Which honestly surprises me.
WHY AM I STILL AWAKE

Last edited:
I just realized how Hyper Arts can be a back slash to my own back at times. I just ate 60% damage in 6 seconds when I went into buster lol. HSmash is still a life saver because of how stupidly early it kills. The Diddy match up is more manageable. Still up hill but doable. Hopefully you guys are getting the same idea here instead of counterpicking Rosalina or Sanic

Read this thread and watch the videos of Shulk gameplay in Tourney Locator. Learn from the videos. Use the tactics

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just realized how Hyper Arts can be a back slash to my own back at times. I just ate 60% damage in 6 seconds when I went into buster lol. HSmash is still a life saver because of how stupidly early it kills. The Diddy match up more manageable. Still up hill but doable. Hopefully you guys are getting the same idea here instead of counterpicking Rosalina or Sanic

Read this thread and watch the videos of Shulk gameplay in Tourney Locator. Learn from the videos. Use the tactics
I've honestly completely ignored Hyper Arts but you're right, they do seem extremely helpful in certain matchups. Use what your character has and learn how to use it instead of just switching to another character when you can't win.
Whelp there goes the rest of my night trying out Hyper Arts

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
We've got a Nintendo direct tomorrow. Anyone else hoping for X news?

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of feedback on Shulk Commentates. I've had a few people tell me to hurry up (fair enough, it's been a while since part 1) with part 2 of the Wii U Direct episode. These take me a while to make and as I use more and more voice lines it gets harder to stay original. As much as I'd like to release them often I'd prefer they be high quality than come out quickly.

Which brings me to the feedback bit: I've found I can create some original skits with a bit of sentence mixing, which would speed up creating the next one quite a bit. Here's something I'm planning on putting in part 2 as an example:
http://picosong.com/fT92/

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of feedback on Shulk Commentates. I've had a few people tell me to hurry up (fair enough, it's been a while since part 1) with part 2 of the Wii U Direct episode. These take me a while to make and as I use more and more voice lines it gets harder to stay original. As much as I'd like to release them often I'd prefer they be high quality than come out quickly.

Which brings me to the feedback bit: I've found I can create some original skits with a bit of sentence mixing, which would speed up creating the next one quite a bit. Here's something I'm planning on putting in part 2 as an example:

That objection stays in this. Pwaa is pretty much the only non-action based genre I like far too much.
Also: Pretty great actually, really neat.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Take your time making them, no need to rush yourself because some people are impatient. That sample you posted sounds pretty great too.

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your feedback and support! :)

I completed tagging all the Xenoblade battle voiceclips in preparation for these videos, so I thought I might as well upload them:

Xenoblade Battle Voice

Spoilers abound! You'll also find some random stuff I've done here and there in the root folder. Also, I haven't revised it so there may be a few typos. Also, some of Dunban's voice clips were done by someone else so you may notice a difference in formatting.

Nevertheless, enjoy!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey guys, Soraya Saga (the wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, who created the Xenoblade series) retweeted the announcement of tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, so there's a preeeetty good chance we'll see some Xenoblade stuff tomorrow.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Hey guys, Soraya Saga (the wife of Tetsuya Takahashi, who created the Xenoblade series) retweeted the announcement of tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, so there's a preeeetty good chance we'll see some Xenoblade stuff tomorrow.
I believe she's also one of the head writers for Xenoblade X, so hopefully that means a new trailer or a release date or something tomorrow!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Darn spoilers! D:< Though I'm not surprised, the Trophies have never really cared about spoilers. (We can see Pikmin 3's final boss there too.) Hopefully the description won't give TOO much away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Darn spoilers! D:< Though I'm not surprised, the Trophies have never really cared about spoilers. (We can see Pikmin 3's final boss there too.) Hopefully the description won't give TOO much away.
I think both Fiora and Mecha-Fiora have separate trophies. So, I think that they will go into great detail about what happened and why these trophies are separate.
It's a major shame really... Fiora is going to be the next Aeris now. >_>

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I wish they made the trophy section so that you choose whether you want spoiler or non-spoiler trophies and then choose by series. if they did something as simple as that we could have all these interesting trophies with no problems.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I wish they made the trophy section so that you choose whether you want spoiler or non-spoiler trophies and then choose by series. if they did something as simple as that we could have all these interesting trophies with no problems.
Or they could have changed the trophy just enough and the description so that you don't know it's Fiora unless you played the game. Like, put on the mask she had when piloting Silver Face, change her name to Silver Face, and then her description could be something so that you still understand her prominence in the story, but you don't know that Silver Face is Fiora.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Or they could have changed the trophy just enough and the description so that you don't know it's Fiora unless you played the game. Like, put on the mask she had when piloting Silver Face, change her name to Silver Face, and then her description could be something so that you still understand her prominence in the story, but you don't know that Silver Face is Fiora.
Exactly, that would've been a lot easier andshelooksprettycoolwithiton I don't understand why the Mechon Fiora trophy even exists, besides to spoil the story.. If Face Nemesis and regular Fiora were the only trophies, they could be worded so easily to not be spoilers but nope, now I'm expecting a Zanza and Meyneth trophy too. SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIII

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, that would've been a lot easier andshelooksprettycoolwithiton I don't understand why the Mechon Fiora trophy even exists, besides to spoil the story.. If Face Nemesis and regular Fiora were the only trophies, they could be worded so easily to not be spoilers but nope, now I'm expecting a Zanza and Meyneth trophy too. SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIII
We'll need a Zanza, a Mecha Mumkhar, a Giant Dlckson, the High Entia turning into Telethia (Not a before and after, mid-transformation), the True Monado, Replica Monados, Egil and Gold Face, the list just goes on and on...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
We'll need a Zanza, a Mecha Mumkhar, a Giant Dlckson, the High Entia turning into Telethia (Not a before and after, mid-transformation), the True Monado, Replica Monados, Egil and Gold Face, the list just goes on and on...
I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Sakurai somehow spoiled something in Xenoblade Chronicles X if it's true that it takes place on the new world Shulk created. gg sakurai

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Sakurai will just give us a trophy of the X box art, giving us the ENTIRE plot, and then exclude the final boss to troll us hard.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Sakurai x Spoilers OTP.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was playing Smash and my friend looks over and says, "Man, that game looks WAAY slower than Brawl."
Then I say, "Um, actually it's a lot faster. It's not Melee speed, but it's definitely faster."
"No way, I'm telling you right now, that game is slower."
"How can you tell?"
"Kirby's Hammer was so slow!"
"That's one move, a Special move in fact. You've barely played this game, and you've barely played Smash at all, only Brawl occasionally."
"So? I've played one match on 4 and I won."

Apparently that makes him a genius. Excuse me while I bash sense into him.:smash:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yeah, anyone who plays Smash in my town is as casual as casual gets. That same person still takes pride in unlocking all of the characters. :ohwell:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Oh and update

Xyro got 25th in Road to TGC and not sure if Trela used Shulk but since Razer said so, he got 1st with Robin/Zard and Shulk. 73 entrants

So yeah. Gratz to them
I got 25th out of 73 and Trela got 1st. We both used some Shulk.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Did you guys see the city hub? Those houses with a backyard + pool? LOL i cannot wait for this game

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Every time I think this game can no longer blow my mind any more with the scale of the entire world, BAM! There goes my brains all over the place. I also really like the new X logo.

Top Bottom