• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I put Xenoblade back in and it did not take long until I was in a battle, tension got high, and Shulk said, "I'm really feeling it." This is not a criticism, but I noticed he says it so much more enthusiastically in Smash.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I put Xenoblade back in and it did not take long until I was in a battle, tension got high, and Shulk said, "I'm really feeling it." This is not a criticism, but I noticed he says it so much more enthusiastically in Smash.
Well, to be fair, the quotes Shulk say in Smash better suit Smash, the quotes he says in Xenoblade better suit Xenoblade's story/style. This is especially apparent in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6_HrZ1pYY&list=UUTX5ibe-ThP6RcWzXdkyIjw
My favorite part is when he says "A vision...I see it" in such a Monotone voice. XDDDDD

Hokori

Great King of Evil

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Huh... I though myself of making a banner, but then again... I'm as good at drawing, as I'm good at shutting up.
*staring at Hokori's glorious banner*

Sui

Smash Cadet
NNID
sui892001
3DS FC
5344-0231-3607
Today is my bday and I got Bayonetta 2. YOOOOOOO
Hey, I got Bayonetta 2 today too. I continue to be impressed with Amazon US's ability to ship things to Japan so quickly. Expected delivery next Wednesday? No problem, get it 6 days faster than we told you. I spent all day at work thinking about my training plan for Shulk today, and I get home with a notice that I missed a package. Second attempt at delivery an hour later, and I basically had to play Bayonetta instead of Smash. I was hesitant about believe all the hype for it, but I am pretty damn impressed so far. >.> Surely Shulk will wait a few days while I finish it. >.>

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Don't worry, we'll keep Shulk occupied while your witching.
And forming a plan to steal the game from you.

Also:

<3

Last edited:
I've been trying to do n-air to Monado arts L-cancel to MBuster F-smash. I got it to work once but it's so difficult to execute without a c-stick. Going into d-tilt or jab combo is easy obviously. You don't even need Monado arts L-cancel for that.

Also, following up to MBuster F-tilt is greeeeat (Over 30% racked) but damn it's difficult (Did it on training mode and got a "2" hit combo). My thumb is soar right now.... ;_;

Still, I think all of you guys need to get used to doing this. Not only is it great for racking up damage if you connect the aerial but you can use it to bait or punish. After the Landing cancel, you can instantly use vision/power vision (lol) or if they try to grab, use f-tilt or d-tilt (Depending on certain conditions). Doing it on the 3DS version is honestly really difficult. Can't wait for the GC controller

It doesn't end there

Once you cancel your landing lag, the following move you'll do can vary depending on which art you're using. It's up to you yet again

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've been trying to do n-air to Monado arts L-cancel to MBuster F-smash. I got it to work once but it's so difficult to execute without a c-stick. Going into d-tilt or jab combo is easy obviously. You don't even need Monado arts L-cancel for that.

Also, following up to MBuster F-tilt is greeeeat (Over 30% racked) but damn it's difficult (Did it on training mode and got a "2" hit combo). My thumb is soar right now.... ;_;

Still, I think all of you guys need to get used to doing this. Not only is it great for racking up damage if you connect the aerial but you can use it to bait or punish. After the Landing cancel, you can instantly use vision/power vision (lol) or if they try to grab, use f-tilt or d-tilt (Depending on certain conditions). Doing it on the 3DS version is honestly really difficult. Can't wait for the GC controller

It doesn't end there

Once you cancel your landing lag, the following move you'll do can vary depending on which art you're using. It's up to you yet again
Wow, didn't think of using MA Cancel for that and only have been using it for bair. I do nair combos a lot too so this sounds like it has a lot of potential uses. Thanks for sharing.

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
Hey, I don't want to seem like I think I'm on professional level or anything like that, but I've started Part 2 of Shulk Commentates the Wii U Direct, and here's one of the skits: http://picosong.com/fNSr/

Just posting this in case people are interested. (Ignores the fact that Dunban would be in a lot of pain after this, but meh :p)

Also, I'm so glad that Chuggaa's back! I can't wait for him to get to the end of Valak Mountain, though that's a while away going by the end of ep. 41.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't for him to just get to Valak Mountain. That place is so pretty~

The more i see of the amiibo's in action, the more excited I'm getting for them. At first it wasn't too amazing, but it looks like they'll be a lot more fun to train with than regular CPU's. Hopefully they don't muck up the Shulk amiibo.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Hey, I don't want to seem like I think I'm on professional level or anything like that, but I've started Part 2 of Shulk Commentates the Wii U Direct, and here's one of the skits: http://picosong.com/fNSr/

Just posting this in case people are interested. (Ignores the fact that Dunban would be in a lot of pain after this, but meh :p)

Also, I'm so glad that Chuggaa's back! I can't wait for him to get to the end of Valak Mountain, though that's a while away going by the end of ep. 41.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Any tips for when against a Diddy Kong that loves to grab, shield, banana, and f-air?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Don't ask me. I cry too much when I see a Diddy to actually do anything.

If you want me to be srs,

Hyper arts

Power vision

The one mistake I did against that Diddy was switch back to default Monado Arts

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Any tips for when against a Diddy Kong that loves to grab, shield, banana, and f-air?
Oh my, someone else except me is playing conception 2? And even master-waifu Serena? Goooood choice.
Also, diddy is something really really horrible. I only once somehow managed to keep him in attacks and attacks he couldn't evade that well, until I was able to finish him off. Then he came back, and ended the rest of my two lifes q.q

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Oh my, someone else except me is playing conception 2? And even master-waifu Serena? Goooood choice.
Yeah I alternate between her and Fuuko but you should have an idea on who I prefer more lol

I don't run into Diddy Kongs too often but man my last couple of matches against one were really not fun

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
20141028_000027.jpg

Here, have a tsundere Mumkhar.

You are very welcome.

:troll:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh god... this image is burned into my head...
Quick, look at my banner to erase it! (And your critisim is desired)

Last edited:
So this Annabelle movie

I can't sleep. I don't feel like sleeping anymore. I hate horror movies

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So I'm not the only one freaked out by horror movies. I watched Alien with my friend a few weeks ago and she's like "this is so cool!" and I'm just making this face through the entire movie
So with that, have a happy non spooky Halloween to all of you
I think the last panel is everyone's reaction to Dunban x Mumkhar

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967

Clearly, Dunban restored his HP somehow.

But... does anyone else absolutely hate the horrid abundance of "kill monsters, get x number of items" sidequests in Xenoblade? The few quests that get you cool story bits and foreshadowing are all well and good, but most of the time you're just grinding NPC affinity and exp to eventually get to the good parts, and unlock extra skill trees, more trade items and Monado Arts, and not get stomped by bosses because you're so underlevelled that max-Agility Dunban can't even hit them. I guess I was just spoiled by Mass Effects 2 and 3. Not 1, though. That game's sidequests were almost as budget as Xenoblade's worst ones. Honestly the only reason I haven't quite beaten it yet.

Funnily enough, Phantasy Star 1's starting grind was incredibly satisfying for me, though. Probably that old game honesty, and actually having an excuse for that kind of padding. It's not nostalgia either, I first played that game recently.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

But... does anyone else absolutely hate the horrid abundance of "kill monsters, get x number of items" sidequests in Xenoblade? The few quests that get you cool story bits and foreshadowing are all well and good, but most of the time you're just grinding NPC affinity and exp to eventually get to the good parts, and unlock extra skill trees, more trade items and Monado Arts, and not get stomped by bosses because you're so underlevelled that max-Agility Dunban can't even hit them. I guess I was just spoiled by Mass Effects 2 and 3. Not 1, though. That game's sidequests were almost as budget as Xenoblade's worst ones. Honestly the only reason I haven't quite beaten it yet.

Funnily enough, Phantasy Star 1's starting grind was incredibly satisfying for me, though. Probably that old game honesty, and actually having an excuse for that kind of padding. It's not nostalgia either, I first played that game recently.
Your avatar. Vivian james. Gamergate?
Also, Sidequests ARE boring. I know. But it's still better than to just grind, without quests.

Heh. Pumpkinado.

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet

I managed to make it through the entire game hardly touching the sidequests at all, honestly. I just picked up as many as I could, then killed monsters on the way to my next story objective. I only really managed to complete the generic quests. I've recently started a gajillionth playthrough where I actually care about sidequests.

If you're having trouble with a boss, try changing your party members.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
If you're having trouble with a boss, try changing your party members.
I'm not really having "trouble with a boss" so much as I want to get those new skill trees and Monado Arts. Maybe I'll try beating the game first, though - maybe you're right, and I'm just being too much of a completionist.
Grinding I don't mind so much. Combat is fun, unless it's too easy. Maybe I'm expecting MOAR STOREH and not getting it, and that's leaving a negative impact.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Just be glad that you don't have to go back to talk to the characters for the majority
of the basic side-quests.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Dark Pits officially stepping down a peg on my main list for Kirby. :o I have a hard time killing with DP and kirby just feels more natural.

Also, power vision is SO FUN against Mac.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
This German video has a few new stuff in it. At 9.46 you can see Shulk's victory screen and at 11.40 it shows Engage the enemy is a song on Gaur plains, still hoping for unfinished battle. Sorry if any of this is already known/been seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na9s2AvhUvo

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
This German video has a few new stuff in it. At 9.46 you can see Shulk's victory screen and at 11.40 it shows Engage the enemy is a song on Gaur plains, still hoping for unfinished battle. Sorry if any of this is already known/been seen.
I'm not seeing the video...

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na9s2AvhUvo
Lol you edited the link in right as I was about to post it.

Eitherway, yay more Engage the Enemy. And they're using the original version. I guess that means the one from the Direct is part of the Xenoblade Medley.

Top Bottom