• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

yurikos

Smash Rookie
I know this isn't related to Smash, but there's good news! Chuggaaconroy's fantastic Xenoblade Let's Play will resume updates in two days!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I know this isn't related to Smash, but there's good news! Chuggaaconroy's fantastic Xenoblade Let's Play will resume updates in two days!

It does does not have to be Smash related =].
Thanks.

Curious, how long can I finish Xenoblade from the halfway point?
It's really just the halfway point due to play time, so I guess double your current play time. Though, that assumes you are doing the same amount of side stuff.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So happy Chuggaa's gotten better! Really sucks he had to stop doing what he loved due to illness.
Also people were spreading rumors that he caught Ebola?
God this internet.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It can get you some good stuff, but it's not necessary. Some of it you need to be near endgame to do anyways.

This Marth keeps gimping the crap out of me. D:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can someone label the PotD costumes for me, I played Xenoblade and none of these colours look familiar to me except Reyn's.

D

Deleted member

Can someone label the PotD costumes for me, I played Xenoblade and none of these colours look familiar to me except Reyn's.
From right to left:
Shulk, Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki, and Swimming Oil.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys.. I was battling my friend who was using G&W and he was at about 123% so I used Monado Smash and killed him with jab
...wut
ok i was at the end of the stage but
...JAB???? #newkillmove but seriously maybe it could be with Smash at higher percents because it comes out so fast and literally nobody would expect it

Guys.. I was battling my friend who was using G&W and he was at about 123% so I used Monado Smash and killed him with jab
...wut
ok i was at the end of the stage but
...JAB???? #newkillmove but seriously maybe it could be with Smash at higher percents because it comes out so fast and literally nobody would expect it
That is weeeeird. I don't know :|

I'll try it out though

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
A lot of jabs are kill moves. Besides Smash does something wonky to KB values anyway and G&W is the second lightest character in the game. Bad DI can also play a part.

I've been using Jab as a kill move with Smash for ages.

Regarding Usmash, it seems the usmash hitbox hit Falcon's foot (possibly before Kick's hitboxes came out). Also not too surprising.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Nerds is an appropriate title.
I finally found someone on FG that didn't suck, and I actually beat him a few times. Slowly gaining confidence! :shades:

D

Deleted member

was the final boss any trouble for you bruhnados?
Of Xenoblade? After grinding to level eighty-something and equipping the right gear for my Shulk/Reyn/Sharla team, not at all.

Of Smash 4? I've beaten the Master Hand/Crazy Hand duo several times without a sweat, but I haven't fought Master Core yet.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I only died a couple times on Xenoblades final boss, mostly cause I used Shulk/Sharla/Riki cause I'm obsessed with healing in that game for some reason. It really wasn't much trouble, especially the last phase.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Of Xenoblade? After grinding to level eighty-something and equipping the right gear for my Shulk/Reyn/Sharla team, not at all.

Of Smash 4? I've beaten the Master Hand/Crazy Hand duo several times without a sweat, but I haven't fought Master Core yet.
Both is fine!
As for myself, I actually struggled a bit and had to fight the mid-phase seven times with different team combinations. I ended beating it with a team of Shulk/Seven/Sharla.

Master Core is a pain bro, well depending on how you play haha.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That reminds me, I still need to do Classic Shulk on 9.0

If I could just stop dying to items that would be great plz thanks.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The last time I had saved before Xenoblade's final boss was maybe 4 hours or so before and I was horribly underleveled.. since you can't go back before the final boss I had to reload ny save and grind the whole day...
It was worth it though, that boss is so amazing with everything leading up to it, holy crap

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
For Xenoblade's final boss, I used Melia/Shulk/Dunban. It wasn't too difficult, I think I was about level 78. I had to give it a few tries, but I ended up getting it.

The highest level I've beaten Master Core on is 6.5, though I've never actually tried it with equipment or customs.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
A lot of jabs are kill moves. Besides Smash does something wonky to KB values anyway and G&W is the second lightest character in the game. Bad DI can also play a part.

I've been using Jab as a kill move with Smash for ages.

Regarding Usmash, it seems the usmash hitbox hit Falcon's foot (possibly before Kick's hitboxes came out). Also not too surprising.
The only jab i've ever been able to kill with is Ike's so far, since he's got too much strength.

Both is fine!
As for myself, I actually struggled a bit and had to fight the mid-phase seven times with different team combinations. I ended beating it with a team of Shulk/Seven/Sharla.

Master Core is a pain bro, well depending on how you play haha.
Can't wait to see Chuggaa get to that part, i'm pretty hyped now.

Yeah, i've done it on 9.0 with no customs only with Bowser and Ness so far. I'm aiming to do it no custom with Shulk (and Marth) next.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I met a crap Shulk too. He was using Lucina and spamming rolls or something like that. Eventually I managed to kill him and I switched to Pac-Man and he switched to Shulk, never using MAs and spamming Back-Slash. People still think switching to the other persons main will help them? I feel like I encountered that scenario waaaay too often in Brawl.
I saw that far too often. I have managed to fing out the 3 Characters I'm good at, and switch between them everytime.
It's just fun to see a shulk who tries to spam counter on a luigi... Throwing them all the day.

Melia costume ftw

I still have not ran into any other Shulks in for glory
I rarely use shulk in FG, except I meet someone who's good enough to play against, since most of them are pretty stupid permanent roller.
Srsly, I hate that, and it's too predictable. Delay your smash, or charge up, and he's gone.
I still too have problems with just staying in shield instead of rolling, but holy hell, there's a difference between rolling away from one edge to the other, and just avoiding attacks.
I've finished 9.0 without dying once, before I tried For glory with shulk again. (ironically, 9 tries.)
It was worth it, I have an insane timing with counter now, and can kinda switch arts at a fast rate, while moving.
And I only fall to my death once a day! But I think the last point is the thing that makes me the proudest...

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I only did classic 9.0 with vanilla Shulk get on my level boys :shades:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad if I don't do anything with Colony 6? I haven't touched it yet.
Don't worry; I didn't do much with it on my first playthrough.
It's still recommended that you help Colony 6 as much as you can since you can get loads of sweet rewards.

Well since both Xenoblade and Smash 4 were mentioned before.
Xenoblade: I say it was in the middle for me. Not too difficult but not too easy. It just gets annoying when he uses special moves and he summons his little minions.
Smash 4: I didn't find Master Core to be particularly hard; heck, I beat him yesterday with Luigi on Intensity 9 with no customs. Master Giant has some high damaging moves that can't really kill you, Master Beast has highly predictable attacks, Master Edge has high damaging moves and actual kill moves (this was when I lost one of my stocks :(), and Master Shadow is a bit easy since he is a giant clone (I had an easy time with Luigi since he is a juggler). I plan to do this again as Shulk.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i was charging an up smash and the final jab hit clipped me

bad DI + light character + robin's high base knockback jab = death

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I made a Smash Training Schedule so i can handle which characters I play, because every part of my life must be organized.

~Smash 4 training schedule~
Monado / Mii Monday - :4shulk::4miibrawl:
Tipper Tuesday (Now without the tip!) - :4lucina:
Waka-Waka / Wendy Wednesday - :4pacman::4wendy:
Toony Thursday - :4tlink:
Faker Friday (I'm the original here!) - :4darkpit:
Spinball / Puffball Saturday - :4sonic::4kirby:

I need a witty title for Mega Man!

Top Bottom