• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I absolutely loved that part in the direct where Pit said "makes us look like a buncha jokers".

Amazing.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Opening cinematic for Wii U.

Guess who the first person in it is?

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Not sure if this was shown yet, but looks like we're getting a huge Xenoblade spoiler as a trophy:

Last edited:
Well, I'm gonna start a new conversation and it's about the community guide for Shulk. It's only limited to 10 people because.... that's the limit set unfortunately. I'm definitely inviting those who can come up with the numbers (Aerodrome) for Shulk's moves and those who can give in depth insight about his moves in general (Silentdoom, Hylian and Trela if they're fine with it). Also, I need one more guy who unlocked all the customs and has good amount of experience with using them.

Most importantly, I want all your opinions. We may not fit in one convo. Actually, **** conversations. How about a thread? Never mind about conversations. This is a community thing after all :p

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Metal Face is the best boss by far in my opinion. Not only is he one of my favorite villains ever, but his quotes are also amazing. "TIME TO DIIIIIIE!" as he proceeds to destroy.

link2702

Smash Champion
alas...I have a confession shulk mains....I'm dropping him for falcon. Sorry, as much as I want to main shulk, as big of an xenoblade fan as I am, he just doesn't feel as fun to me as the new and improved falcon.

Sure he's not melee epic, but good lord is he waaaaay better and more fun than brawl falcon. Obviously still gonna be keeping shulk as a secondary though.

alas...I have a confession shulk mains....I'm dropping him for falcon. Sorry, as much as I want to main shulk, as big of an xenoblade fan as I am, he just doesn't feel as fun to me as the new and improved falcon.

Sure he's not melee epic, but good lord is he waaaaay better and more fun than brawl falcon. Obviously still gonna be keeping shulk as a secondary though.
Eh. No one's stopping ya. If it's about how fun then that's all up to you then

Also, n-air is still good against Peach.

Last edited:
This is 100% worth a double post

but if you guys are thinking that hyper monado arts suck

I just KO'd Bowser with U-smash (slight charge) at 53% with smash art

ajdfaslfjklsnjfsjdkmvskmldmlf;sdmklskflsdm;ldvskmd;vdsm;lvmklsdmvs

And I countered flame with smash counter and forwarded it. FREAKING flame. It KO'd him at 63%

Uncharged u-smash KO's Rosalina at 57%. U-tilt KO's at 76%. All with hyper smash

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i wrote up some data on smash's KB effects... somewhere. I should do more research into this for you.

But it's like, 45% extra KB

which is huge.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Metal Face is the best boss by far in my opinion. Not only is he one of my favorite villains ever, but his quotes are also amazing. "TIME TO DIIIIIIE!" as he proceeds to destroy.
I'm going to find myself playing on guar plains and pyrosphere alot.

Thanks to my time with HMarts, I realized that vanilla arts is actually pretty good. Better than I thought.

Plus, safely linking into buster by using Monado arts L-cancel is good stuff here. Hyper smash should be activated when you're confident enough to land u-tilt or f-tilt. Those KO at ridiculously low percentages. For most characters, sub 100%. You only got 6 seconds to KO so use it at the precise moment. It's worth it.

Despite the mega nerf on damage, speed is still pretty good. It's merely used as a filler between art usage. Jump is ridiculous. You can jump so high, recover so high and easily FF and make yourself fall like a brick. As long as you don't get hit which is very possible considering how long the art lasts. FF N-airs and all that.

Also, I've been using power vision lately. The timing is actually adaptable and not impossible

Last edited:

Aggyyu

Smash Cadet
It looks like they put in a named Seven trophy. A shame, since it pretty much spoils the first half of Xenoblade and perhaps beyond depending on its description.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It looks like they put in a named Seven trophy. A shame, since it pretty much spoils the first half of Xenoblade and perhaps beyond depending on its description.

Sakurai never cared about spoilers, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.
*cough* Zelda and Sheik *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Oh boy.

I could just imagine the Diqson trophy. :laugh:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Oh boy.

I could just imagine the Diqson trophy. :laugh:
Giant Duckson

This is Duckson in his true form. He's actually a giant who sold his soul to the God of the Bionis, Zanza, in exchange for eternal life. As Zanza's disciple, he raises Shulk from age 4 to age 18 just to shoot him in the back to release Zanza at the opportune moment. He takes on his true form to fight Shulk and company before they enter Zanza's realm, only to be killed in the most emotional moment of the game. He looks even more like a pro wrestler in this form than he did as a Homs.

:troll:

Fantastical news guys. Air slash in hyper smash is insane

It KO's Mario at 65% when near the edge

At the center, it KO's at 95%

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, anyone want to watch the absolute worst playthrough of Xenoblade ever? Because I can deliver.

My favorite quote is: "He has an Australian accent."

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Giant Duckson

This is Duckson in his true form. He's actually a giant who sold his soul to the God of the Bionis, Zanza, in exchange for eternal life. As Zanza's disciple, he raises Shulk from age 4 to age 18 just to shoot him in the back to release Zanza at the opportune moment. He takes on his true form to fight Shulk and company before they enter Zanza's realm, only to be killed in the most emotional moment of the game. He looks even more like a pro wrestler in this form than he did as a Homs.

:troll:
Alvis' trophy will be HELL on spoilers.

So, anyone want to watch the absolute worst playthrough of Xenoblade ever? Because I can deliver.

"It's a Wii exclusive, which is weird. Must have something to do with Nintendo being involved."

They uh... They made the game. They weren't just "involved."

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Oh no... is this the one where he says "I KNEW IT! CALLED IT!" -goes into screaming mode for no reason- on every plot twist that actually isn't obvious in any way?

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Working on a first play-through of Xenoblade here. Just took down the bird thing that reads minds, the Tele-something or other. The Nopon chief's voice direction was absolutely hysterical, all overblown and dramatic. :joyful:

It was kinda weird though. I got Riki and went and killed the thing and when I got back the way the characters were celebrating it was like I'd cleared a huge section of the game when it took me only like 20-30 minutes.

This game is too fun tho.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
@ Solfiner Solfiner Oh god, DarksydePhil. I'm not gonna ramble about how he's bad, but I checked his last part of Xenoblade. He stopped in Alcamoth after finishing the tomb simply because "the plot is getting ridiculous". His words, not mine.

Last edited:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477
@ Solfiner Solfiner Oh god, DarksydePhil. I'm not gonna ramble about how he's bad, but I checked his last part of Xenoblade. He stopped in Alcamoth after finishing the tomb simply because "the plot is getting ridiculous". His words, not mine.

In my opinion,that's when the plot starts to get interesting.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go to a small tournament of like 12 people (Most of them are people I know from the neighborhood, some from college)

5 of them use Little mac

lol. The only one I'm worried about is this stupid Diddy player that I've been playing with

and how I'm gonna back slash by accident. The last tourney I went to, I had like 3 SD's thanks to that

Last edited:
Top Bottom